Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,026 members, 7,828,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Questions For Hardmirror - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Hardmirror (5863 Views)

Back For A Bit. Whats Up And What's All The Madness About? -hardmirror / Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror / Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by tintingz(m): 4:08pm On Aug 26, 2018
iamdannyfc:

A philosopher ?
I'm not a philosopher but I read alot about philosophy and logic.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 26, 2018
wirinet:

What can she do? The most important thing is I love her and she loves me, all other issues are secondary.

In the past, she occasionally begs me to attend some service with her (important services and events), which I did because of love. She needed to show me off to her members and pastors. Now, the kids are older, so she goes with the children, while I am home alone. I work half day most Sundays anyway.

With my mum, it was hard while growing up. I only had reprieve when I entered university. I left home not so long after graduation. She has come to accept me about being irreligious. We have never had discussion on theism or atheism.
OK
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by iamdannyfc(m): 4:36pm On Aug 26, 2018
tintingz:
I'm not a philosopher but I read alot about philosophy and logic.

I see

1 Like

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 4:52pm On Aug 26, 2018
wirinet:

What can she do? The most important thing is I love her and she loves me, all other issues are secondary.

In the past, she occasionally begs me to attend some service with her (important services and events), which I did because of love. She needed to show me off to her members and pastors. Now, the kids are older, so she goes with the children, while I am home alone. I work half day most Sundays anyway.

With my mum, it was hard while growing up. I only had reprieve when I entered university. I left home not so long after graduation. She has come to accept me about being irreligious. We have never had discussion on theism or atheism.
this is really cool. One can always be matured about it. No need raising dust in your family

1 Like

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Dalam0n: 6:02pm On Aug 26, 2018
rekinomtla:

no no I'm talking about atheists that say theists are irrational, stupid and delusion and that only a complete idiot would believe in christianity. Does that perfectly described your family according to you? grin are they just a bunch of guilble grass eating sheeples?

Of course my family members are deluded idiots for believing in ancient Jewish mythology and fiction that OBVIOUSLY ISN'T WORKING for them. They just cling unto it even though it's failing them always. There's nothing admitting that your people are foolish and deluded because it's the fact.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 6:29pm On Aug 26, 2018
Dalam0n:

Of course my family members are deluded idiots for believing in ancient Jewish mythology and fiction that OBVIOUSLY ISN'T WORKING for them. They just cling unto it even though it's failing them always. There's nothing admitting that your people are foolish and deluded because it's the fact.

So you are also claiming you were raised by a bunch of delusional idiots? grin are you absolutely certain or is this just another opinion of yours?
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Dalam0n: 7:02pm On Aug 26, 2018
rekinomtla:

So you are also claiming you were raised by a bunch of delusional idiots? grin are you absolutely certain or is this just another opinion of yours?

Of course when it comes to religious beliefs they are delusional idiots. If not delusional idiots why should Nigerians believe that some ancient Jewish mythical figure created the universe and killed himself as a sacrifice unto himself so that he can offer them salvation to go and be with him in some imaginary place called heaven if only they accept this mythical and fictional narrative.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 7:14pm On Aug 26, 2018
Dalam0n:

thank you. I guess he thinks we wld feel insulted for admitting it
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 7:17pm On Aug 26, 2018
rekinomtla:

i know what you are doing but fail to realize not everyone is sentimental. You think you are insulting us? an honest atheist sees all religious people equally, family or not they are all deluded.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 7:19pm On Aug 26, 2018
Dalam0n:

Of course when it comes to religious beliefs they are delusional idiots. If not delusional idiots why should Nigerians believe that some ancient Jewish mythical figure created the universe and killed himself as a sacrifice unto himself so that he can offer them salvation to go and be with him in some imaginary place called heaven if only they accept this mythical and fictional narrative.
that guy is daft. He thinks he is putting words in our mouths. Guess he is new here for thinking we wld back down cos he is calling our families out.

Ignore him jare

They shld keep defending their useless god with all antics

1 Like

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Dalam0n: 7:22pm On Aug 26, 2018
HardMirror:
that guy is daft. He thinks he is putting words in our mouths. Guess he is new here for thinking we wld back down cos he is calling our families out.

Ignore him jare

Useless God that needs clueless and incompetent deluded people to always speak for it and make its case for it.

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 7:43pm On Aug 26, 2018
Dalam0n:

Are you certain about this or is this just one of those empty hypothesis of yours again?
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 7:46pm On Aug 26, 2018
HardMirror:
i know what you are doing but fail to realize not everyone is sentimental. You think you are insulting us? an honest atheist sees all religious people equally, family or not they are all deluded.

I'm not insulting you. I just find it hilarious that atheists think this of their family.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 7:48pm On Aug 26, 2018
HardMirror:

Ignore him jare

I'm not putting words in your mouths. Both of you said your family members are stupid and delusion.

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Chrisrare: 8:20pm On Aug 26, 2018
Maamin:
grin if it's the truth you seek and also are convinced in your heart about it and can stand and defend it...you shouldn't be afraid to come open about it to your parents.

I believe there is God, and I can stand anywhere to defend my belief.

You believe there is no God, and you can't even man up to defend it. undecided

embarassed embarassed
I seem to remember king David in the bible chickening out when he found himself among the phillistines. He pretended to be mad rather than telling the phillistines he's an Israelite. I guess christians have to be hypocritical to make their fairytales believable.

3 Likes

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Dalam0n: 8:21pm On Aug 26, 2018
rekinomtla:

Are you certain about this or is this just one of those empty hypothesis of yours again?

Is that not what Christians believe? That the alleged creator of the universe came in human form 2000 years ago as a Jewish man to sacrifice himself unto himself so that humans can attain salvation through that sacrifice and go to be with him in a place called heaven when they die or when he returns what ever the case maybe. My family members believe in this fictional narrative. And clearly they are idiots for believing in such made up folkore.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 9:07pm On Aug 26, 2018
Dalam0n:

Is that not what Christians believe? That the alleged creator of the universe came in human form 2000 years ago as a Jewish man to sacrifice himself unto himself so that humans can attain salvation through that sacrifice and go to be with him in a place called heaven when they die or when he returns what ever the case maybe. My family members believe in this fictional narrative. And clearly they are idiots for believing in such made up folkore.

You weren't there 2000 years how can you be absolutely certain it's fiction? That just your opinion, there's no irrefutable proof that it's fiction.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by wirinet(m): 9:41pm On Aug 26, 2018
rekinomtla:

You weren't there 2000 years how can you be absolutely certain it's fiction? That just your opinion, there's no irrefutable proof that it's fiction.

We are not even talking about fact or fiction, we are talking about logic.

Does the Christian narrative;

That the alleged creator of the universe came in human form 2000 years ago as a Jewish man to sacrifice himself unto himself so that humans can attain salvation through that sacrifice and go to be with him in a place called heaven when they die or when he returns what ever the case maybe.

make any logical sense to you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 9:50pm On Aug 26, 2018
wirinet:

We are not even talking about fact or fiction, we are talking about logic.

So in other words atheists don't have irrefutable proof.

Does the Christian narrative;
make any logical sense to you?

Makes more sense than the atheist narrative where the universe came from nothing then for no reason randomly starting expanding and rearranging itself. Before for again no reason kick started evolution then wola we humans are here all thanks to the logic of random blind chance.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Maamin(m): 9:57pm On Aug 26, 2018
Chrisrare:
I seem to remember king David in the bible chickening out when he found himself among the phillistines. He pretended to be mad rather than telling the phillistines he's an Israelite. I guess christians have to be hypocritical to make their fairytales believable.

What does that has to do with his believe and faith? undecided

1 Like

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by wirinet(m): 10:11pm On Aug 26, 2018
rekinomtla:

So in other words atheists don't have irrefutable proof.

Makes more sense than the atheist narrative where the universe came from nothing then for no reason randomly starting expanding and rearranging itself. Before for again no reason kick started evolution then wola we humans are here all thanks to the logic of random blind chance.

Irrefutable proof of what? That it was not a Jewish man that created the universe using only Jewish words, and that he had to come down to earth to save us from himself, so we can worship him till eternity if we choose to believe the narrative or burn forever in hell if we reject it?

The Big Bang theory is not an atheist narrative, it a a scientific one. Big bang theory is less than 100 years, atheism is thousands of years old.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 10:27pm On Aug 26, 2018
wirinet:

Irrefutable proof of what? That it was not a Jewish man that created the universe using only Jewish words, and that he had to come down to earth to save us from himself, so we can worship him till eternity if we choose to believe the narrative or burn forever in hell if we reject it?

Irrefutable proof that the bible is fiction. Unless you can provide absolute proof it's just your opinion.

[/quote]The Big Bang theory is not an atheist narrative, it a a scientific one. Big bang theory is less than 100 years, atheism is thousands of years old.

Of course its not an atheist narrative, atheists in fact held back scientific progress somewhat when then constructed fallacious models and arguments against the big bang. It's however part of most atheist's beliefs. The big bang in itself isn't ridiculous, random chance guiding it and everything else is what makes everything about atheism illogical.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Maamin(m): 10:41pm On Aug 26, 2018
wirinet:

The Big Bang theory is not an atheist narrative, it a a scientific one. Big bang theory is less than 100 years, atheism is thousands of years old.

Crap!

Were you there when Atheism started, who was keeping time? grin

1 Like

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by wirinet(m): 10:56pm On Aug 26, 2018
Maamin:

Crap!

Were you there when Atheism started, who was keeping time? grin

Is it that you are too lazy to read or that the bible has filled up all available space in your brain leaving no further space to store any other information?

Atheism (derived from the Ancient Greek ἄθεος atheos meaning "without gods; godless; secular; denying or disdaining the gods, especially officially sanctioned gods"[1]) is the absence or rejection of the belief that deities exist

Philosophical atheist thought began to appear in Europe and Asia in the sixth or fifth century BCE. Will Durant, in his The Story of Civilization, explained that certain pygmy tribes found in Africa were observed to have no identifiable cults or rites. There were no totems, no deities, and no spirits. Their dead were buried without special ceremonies or accompanying items and received no further attention.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_atheism

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Maamin(m): 11:20pm On Aug 26, 2018
wirinet:

Is it that you are too lazy to read or that the bible has filled up all available space in your brain leaving no further space to store any other information?

Crap!

Atheism (derived from the Ancient Greek ἄθεος atheos meaning "without gods; godless; secular; denying or disdaining the gods, especially officially sanctioned gods"[1]) is the absence or rejection of the belief that deities exist

Philosophical atheist thought began to appear in Europe and Asia in the sixth or fifth century BCE. Will Durant, in his The Story of Civilization, explained that certain pygmy tribes found in Africa were observed to have no identifiable cults or rites. There were no totems, no deities, and no spirits. Their dead were buried without special ceremonies or accompanying items and received no further attention.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_atheism

More Crap!

I ask again Were you there when Atheism started, who was keeping time? grin

1 Like

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Dalam0n: 1:16am On Aug 27, 2018
rekinomtla:

I don't need to be there 2000 years ago to know that humans have been writing fiction for thousands of years. There have been over 10, 000 Gods of fiction that humans have invented and written stories about, the Jesus story just happens to be one out of the 10, 000. Nothing special about it. It is all part of the fictional stories made up by humans. They've invented and written different stories about 10, 000 of such Gods throught their history.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 4:29am On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:

I don't need to be there 2000 years ago to know that humans have been writing fiction for thousands of years. There have been over 10, 000 Gods of fiction that humans have invented and written stories about, the Jesus story just happens to be one out of the 10, 000. Nothing special about it. It is all part of the fictional stories made up by humans. They've invebted and written different stories about 10, 000 of such Gods throught their history.

How do you know for certain they all fictional? You just making empty assumptions without proof.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Dalam0n: 8:12am On Aug 27, 2018
rekinomtla:

How do you know for certain they all fictional? You just making empty assumptions without proof.

Just by definition. Hope you know what fiction is? Fiction are literature stories that describes imaginary events and people.

The biblical stories that my family subscribes to is filled with imaginary events like a man living inside a fish for 3 days, dead people getting out of their graves and walking round the city, virgin birth, sun standing still, people living for 900 years and above, stars in the sky fighting along side human beings, flood that covered the whole earth, people surviving being thrown inside a furnace. Etc.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 2:52pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:

Just by definition. Hope you know what fiction is? Fiction are literature stories that describes imaginary events and people.

The biblical stories that my family subscribes to is filled with imaginary events like a man living inside a fish for 3 days, dead people getting out of their graves and walking round the city, virgin birth, sun standing still, people living for 900 years and above, stars in the sky fighting along side human beings, flood that covered the whole earth, people surviving being thrown inside a furnace. Etc.

I hope you know what absolute proof is? As you not providing me with it. All I'm getting is assertions and assumptions (God doesn’t exist, miracles don't happen etc)without irrefutable proof. You just stating your opinions here.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Dalam0n: 3:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
rekinomtla:

I hope you know what absolute proof is? As you not providing me with it. All I'm getting is assertions and assumptions (God doesn’t exist, miracles don't happen etc)without irrefutable proof. You just stating your opinions here.

You are giving me fictional stories as evidence for God and am telling you that what you are giving me is fiction. Your stores are fictional. If not in fictional stories tell me where human beings that are dead for many years wake up and start roaming the streets, if not in fictional stories where else can a human being survive inside a fish for 3 days, if not in fictional stories where does a virgin lady get pregnant? The babies of your story is fiction and it remains so until you show me that it is not with evidence.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:

You are giving me fictional stories as evidence for God and am telling you that what you are giving me is fiction.

Stop lying. I'm asking you to prove that they fictional instead of merely just stating it.

Your stores are fictional. If not in fictional stories tell me where human beings that are dead for many years wake up and start roaming the streets, if not in fictional stories where else can a human being survive inside a fish for 3 days, if not in fictional stories where does a virgin lady get pregnant? The babies of your story is fiction and it remains so until you show me that it is not with evidence.

Again no irrefutable proof. Just repeatng your opinions.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Dalam0n: 4:58pm On Aug 27, 2018
rekinomtla:

Stop lying. I'm asking you to prove that they fictional instead of merely just stating it.

By definition. Stories where people resurrect from the dead after dying for years are fictional. Stories where virgins give birth are fictional, stories where a human being can live inside a dish for 3 days are fictional. Stories where the stars fight along side humans are fictional. They are fictional just by definition.

Mohammed flew on the back of a horse from Mecca to Jerusalem by definition and default is a fictional narrative.

Again no irrefutable proof. Just repeatng your opinions.

You want me to prove that a fictional narrative isn't one? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Were Some Prayers Meant For God's Ears Alone? (Pic) / Society And Atheism / Angels Do Not Pray For You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.