Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,075 members, 7,828,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Questions For Hardmirror - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Hardmirror (5868 Views)

Back For A Bit. Whats Up And What's All The Madness About? -hardmirror / Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror / Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by hopefulLandlord: 8:56am On Aug 28, 2018
Dalam0n:

grin grin. Butterflyliar is now peddling his lies in the politics section as a BMO agent.
Here is an example of his lies. He was caught red handed LYING but he still refused to acknowledge his lies, he went to make things up and post just to continue with his lies.

https://www.nairaland.com/4698281/egina-fpso-sails-offshore-field

funny thread
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 23, 2018
Seun:
You need to hide it until you have completed your education and you’ve gotten a good job and your own apartment. Then you can invite your parents to your apartment and tell them. Deception is highly recommended in order to avoid a very painful and difficult life.
How did your folks react when you told them? Did it affect your relationship with them?
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 20, 2018
NPcomplete
Hardmirror
CAPSLOCKED
Martinez19

What do you guys think of the book "Why you act the way you do" by Tim Lahaye and the 4 temperaments ( sanguine, melancholy, phlegmatic and choleric)?
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by LordReed(m): 12:34am On Dec 21, 2018
raptex:
OK but I feel like I'm living a lie cos I go to church almost everyday

Even if you live a lie there is no god coming to punish you neither is karma real so just take a chill pill. I know how it feels though so I am not insensitive to your plight but I advise if you are still in your parents house wait until you are financially stable and capable of taking care of yourself. And even then judge whether you can stand to be cut off from them.

I have attended several family functions since I broke the news and I say amen to the prayers. It costs me nothing, I just enjoy the freedom of knowing there is no god or devil listening. I treat church like the religious equivalent of a Harry Potter Convention, people are there to cheer for their favorite story character, I just don't share their enthusiasm.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by LordReed(m): 1:02am On Dec 21, 2018
raptex:
NPcomplete
Hardmirror
CAPSLOCKED
Martinez19

What do you guys think of the book "Why you act the way you do" by Tim Lahaye and the 4 temperaments ( sanguine, melancholy, phlegmatic and choleric)?

Its an oversimplification of human personality. Human personality is a spectrum not discrete quantities. You will find yourself displaying behaviors from almost all the groups but what will happen is you will find certain traits more comfortable than others.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by NPComplete: 6:34am On Dec 21, 2018
raptex:
NPcomplete
Hardmirror
CAPSLOCKED
Martinez19

That stuff has been debunked a long time ago. Humans are more complicated than that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Warripikin08(m): 1:16pm On Dec 21, 2018
Well raptex, I broke the news to my parents I think the month of August or September this year 2018.
Not that I intentionally broke the news to them. It all started on a Saturday morning when I and bro(which is our neighbour, were are like family friends) was just having a discussion concerning that we have to look for something doing rather than just sit at home doing nothing. Then he jokingly said I should start selling bottle or maybe hawk gala. We laughed over it but I made him understand that I'm serious about it. Then he replied to me "wetin we go na only God we go hope on" Then I replied him back by saying You sure God dey exist.
To be continued....

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Warripikin08(m): 1:36pm On Dec 21, 2018
On that Saturday morning my step mum was on our varendha fixing the hair of our neighbour daughter When my bro broadcast it louder for my step mom to hear. Then she left the hair she was fixing to reply me. Saying "you talk this one".
That day my mind was trembling that I will be in big trouble for saying such. That my bro called for the attention my other bro concerning what I just told him. When my other bro came out he was like man are you sick or what am I thinking. We had a long argument that day till he finally gave up on the argument. He knew he was not winning the argument that day so he used phone as a means of distraction to finally put an end to the discussion.
To be continued...

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Warripikin08(m): 1:56pm On Dec 21, 2018
After that day the following week, my Step mum called me concerning what transpired that day. She asked me if I really meant what I said that day. I told her yes, she replied saying so all wetin dey the bible you nor believe am I said no. She started listing prophecy's from the Bible that has come to pass and has some passage that has been scientifically accurate. Well for my mind that one nor dey move me again after the likes of them hopefullandlord, Hahn, capslocked, frank317, Hardmirror, Dalaman, Johnnydonn22 don't reset my thinking with fact concerning issues like this.
We had a brief discussion that evening when I was trying to make her see reasons with me she backed out.

4 Likes

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 21, 2018
Warripikin08:
After that day the following week, my Step mum called me concerning what transpired that day. She asked me if I really meant what I said that day. I told her yes, she replied saying so all wetin dey the bible you nor believe am I said no. She started listing prophecy's from the Bible that has come to pass and has some passage that has been scientifically accurate. Well for my mind that one nor dey move me again after the likes of them hopefullandlord, Hahn, capslocked, frank317, Hardmirror, Dalaman, Johnnydonn22 don't reset my thinking with fact concerning issues like this.
We had a brief discussion that evening when I was trying to make her see reasons with me she backed out.
So how has it affected your relationship with them?
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Warripikin08(m): 2:47pm On Dec 21, 2018
That same week my dad called me to his room concerning that same issue. I thought it was going to be a horrible moment that day. To my surprise we had a brief discussion about the issue. Next he told me to give him reasons why I said God does not exist. Though we forgot about the matter, maybe my dad was thinking I was not serious concerning what i said that day.
After that period he travelled to work, for over two months then he got back.
So it was on Sunday evening, I was in my room operating my phone when he got back from a friends place which he paid a visit to that day.
Then he asked me why you nor go study? Then I told him we had a discussion concerning this.
He quickly replied me back that I should not tell him that because of some flimsy excuse I gave to him that day which is not even convincing to bring up such kind of statement.
So the next Sunday morning I was try to device way not to go to meeting with them. Which successfully worked out. Not knowing that my dad has left me to move on with my view.
Ever since then my dad no longer compell me to always be on Christian meeting. Because he is the person that makes attend Christian meeting against my wish and will.

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Warripikin08(m): 2:49pm On Dec 21, 2018
raptex:
So how has it affected your relationship with them?
My relationship with them is till the same, nothing changed. They did not make me feel like I took a deep wrong decision.

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 21, 2018
Warripikin08:
My relationship with them is till the same, nothing changed. They did not make me feel like I took a deep wrong decision.
Great
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by LordReed(m): 8:45pm On Dec 21, 2018
Warripikin08:

Are they JW?
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by CAPSLOCKED: 9:03pm On Dec 21, 2018
Warripikin08:

WELCOME ABOARD. NEVER STOP QUESTIONING, NEVER STOP LEARNING.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Warripikin08(m): 9:28pm On Dec 21, 2018
LordReed:

Are they JW?
Yes man.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 9:32pm On Dec 21, 2018
Warripikin08:
Yes man.
i suspected that too
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Warripikin08(m): 9:40pm On Dec 21, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

Yeah, but I'm not atheist. I'm an agnostic because looking at the way life is I think there might be a creator who designed living things on earth. Take for example the reproduction system it self. Do you think chance might be responsible for the possibility if having a reproductive system and still produce our kind.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Warripikin08(m): 9:41pm On Dec 21, 2018
HardMirror:
i suspected that too
What made you suspect so.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 21, 2018
Interesting
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by MuttleyLaff: 10:10pm On Dec 21, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

Warripikin08:
Yeah, but I'm not atheist.
I'm an agnostic because looking at
the way life is I think there might be a creator who designed living things on earth.

Take for example the reproduction system it self.
Do you think chance might be responsible for the possibility if having a reproductive system and still produce our kind.
Are you straddling?

Warripikin08:
What made you suspect so.
I did too, it's a hunch
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Warripikin08(m): 10:31pm On Dec 21, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Are you straddling?

I did too, it's a hunch
No I'm not straddling. The truth is we don't know how we got here. But religion is trying to answer that just to satisfy people's curiosity. That doesn't make it true. Take for example, a 7 years old child or your 7 years old child ask you a question like this.
Why do cats always kill rats? What answer would you give to the child?
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by CAPSLOCKED: 10:45pm On Dec 21, 2018
Warripikin08:
Yeah, but I'm not atheist. I'm an agnostic because looking at the way life is I think there might be a creator who designed living things on earth. Take for example the reproduction system it self. Do you think chance might be responsible for the possibility if having a reproductive system and still produce our kind.

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU ARE AND YOU CAN BELIEVE WHATEVER YOU WANT. I'M ONLY SATISFIED WITH HOW YOU ASK QUESTIONS AND TRY TO THINK DIFFERENTLY FROM THE THINGS YOU WERE TAUGHT AS A CHILD BY YOUR PARENTS AND THE PREACHERS IN YOUR LOCAL CHURCH.

UNFORTUNATELY, YOU WON'T STAY LONG IN THIS AGNOSTIC POSITION BEFORE YOU EMBRACE FULL ATHEISM OR DEISM, OR NIHILISM, OR ANYTHING YOU LIKE.

I'M HERE TO ASSURE YOU THAT THERE'S ALMOST A ZERO CHANCE THAT THE UNIVERSE HAS A CREATOR, IN THE FORM OF A PERSON OR THING THAT CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE, LISTENS TO OUR PRAYERS, HEAL DISEASES, COMMAND WAR OR PEACE, AND SO ON. EVEN IF THERE'S A CREATOR, THIS GUY (OR THING) DOESN'T COMMUNICATE WITH US, DOESN'T CARE ABOUT US, AND DOESN'T WANT TO BE BOTHERED BY HUMANS AND THAT IS WHY IT IS AS IF THE UNIVERSE RUNS ITSELF.

REFERRING TO THE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM YOU MENTIONED I BELIEVE YOU'RE TRYING TO IMPLY THAT THIS CREATOR GUY (OR THING) DID A VERY BRILLIANT JOB WITH THE HUMAN BODY. I SIMPLY BELIEVE WE EVOLVED FROM SOMETHING, AND WE ARE STILL EVOLVING BECAUSE THE HUMAN BODY IS TOO IMPERFECT. IF THERE'S A DESIGNER THEN (S)HE (OR IT) CANNOT BE INTELLIGENT AT ALL, AND DESERVES THE CROWN OF THE WORST DESIGNER EVER.

HERE ARE SOME OF THE LARGEST FLAWS IN THE HUMAN BODY, THAT I THINK SHOWS THE HUMAN BODY COULD NOT HAVE BEEN CREATED BY INTELLIGENT DESIGN.

1. THE EYE
2. INFLEXIBLE KNEES
3. THE RECURRENT LARYNGEAL NERVE
4. OUR MESSY SPINE
5. OVER CROWDED TEETH
6. SEUN'S EXPOSED TESTICLES
7. THE MISPLACED VOICE BOX
8. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE ERRORS LIKE
>>ORGAN FAILURE
>>>THE USELESS APPENDIX, WHICH WE CAN LIVE WITHOUT BUT IS THERE TO CAUSE UNEASINESS AND DEATH
>>>>THE IMPLANTATION OF FERTILIZED EGG INTO THE FALLOPIAN TUBE, CERVIX OR OVARY INSTEAD OF THE UTERUS CAUSING ECTOPIC PREGNANCY, WHICH LED TO THE DEATH OF MANY WOMEN BEFORE MODERN MEDICINE CAME AROUND
>>>>> CONJOINED BABIES
>>>>>> HERMAPHRODITES

I CAN GO ON AND ON BUT I HAVE TO STOP WITH THESE FEW EXAMPLES OF IMPERFECTIONS IN THE SEEMINGLY PERFECT HUMAN BODY. IF YOU CAN'T VISIT GOOGLE FOR OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINION ON THIS MATTER, LOOK AT YOURSELF, YOUR PARENTS AND SIBLINGS AND COMPARE THE WEIRD DIFFERENCES AND ERRORS IN YOUR BODIES' DESIGN. CHECK THE HOSPITALS, WATCH THE NEWS AND COUNT THE VICTIMS OF FLOODS, HURRICANES, VOLCANIC ERUPTIONS, AVALANCHES, LANDSLIDES, EARTHQUAKES, SINKHOLES..... OH DEAR.

A DESIGNER WITH ANY LEVEL OF LOGIC OR COMMON SENSE WOULD NEVER CREATE A BODY LIKE THIS OR A PLANET LIKE EARTH... OR A SUN THAT IS CAPABLE OF GIVING US CANCER!
THEREFORE THE ONLY CONCLUSION THAT CAN BE MADE IS THAT EITHER THERE IS NO DESIGNER OR THE DESIGNER IS A VERY BAD DESIGNER. 

6 Likes

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by LordReed(m): 12:00am On Dec 22, 2018
Warripikin08:
No I'm not straddling. The truth is we don't know how we got here. But religion is trying to answer that just to satisfy people's curiosity. That doesn't make it true. Take for example, a 7 years old child or your 7 years old child ask you a question like this.
Why do cats always kill rats? What answer would you give to the child?

So you think an intelligent being placed your testicles in a dangling sack between your legs so that when you run it smacks repeatedly on your legs, if you sit down wrong sometimes you feel a sharp pain because you sat on it and if you ever have the misfortune of being mistakenly hit down there you will vomit. Does this sound like intelligent design?
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by NPComplete: 7:06am On Dec 22, 2018
Warripikin08:
Yes man.

Seriously? For JWs, your parents are pretty chill. I suspect they themselves are not really strong believers like that. Probably have their own doubts too but will pray to Jesus to help their unbelief any times those doubting thoughts creep up. Lol
Usually devout JWs will ostracize u to no end.

Actually it was easy to tell that u are JW because u kept using the word "meeting" when talking about your church service in that story of your coming out of the closet to your parents. U just needed to confirm it yourself for anyone to be 100% sure.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by MuttleyLaff: 7:26am On Dec 22, 2018
Warripikin08:
No I'm not straddling.
If you arent straddling
then you must be more confused than a chameleon finding itself in a box of skittles

Warripikin08:
The truth is we don't know how we got here.
The truth is you don't know how we got here
so I put to you, hazard a guess.

Warripikin08:
But religion is trying to answer that just to satisfy people's curiosity.
Misconception #1: Nothing to do with religion, trying to answer anything

Warripikin08:
That doesn't make it true.
Take for example, a 7 years old child or your 7 years old child ask you a question like this.
Why do cats always kill rats?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOXH57VymKc
Well first, this is another misconception flying
because cats DON'T always kill rats

Warripikin08:
What answer would you give to the child?
It is a simple answer I would give the child
and it would be in line to the answer I would give to the above desire to know or learn about how we got here

To the child, I would say, in the grand scheme of things, animals have interchangeable/reversible roles
that could make them a predator/forager, prey/quarry or decomposer/scavenger in keeping to preserve the ecological balance

So cats are predators slash preys, they not always, but do kill rats for food or fun
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by frank317: 9:39am On Dec 22, 2018
Warripikin08:

Does it really matter what is responsible for this world? As long as we have no contact with it, it is either useless to us or nonexistent. Perhaps its not a knowledge we should ever bother ourselves about.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Warripikin08(m): 7:42am On Dec 24, 2018
frank317:

Does it really matter what is responsible for this world? As long as we have no contact with it, it is either useless to us or nonexistent. Perhaps its not a knowledge we should ever bother ourselves about.
Bro I see that as deliberately ignoring the fact that we might not have just evolved.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Mysterious Secret Societies / How To Catch Fake Mog's Who Speak In Tongues (8+2) / Apostle Johnson Suleman -invades Lagos Again!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.