Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Questions For Hardmirror - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Hardmirror (5872 Views)

Back For A Bit. Whats Up And What's All The Madness About? -hardmirror / Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror / Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 5:25pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:

By definition. Stories where people resurrect from the dead after dying for years are fictional.

Stories where virgins give birth are fictional, stories where a human being can live inside a dish for 3 days are fictional. Stories where the stars fight along side humans are fictional. They are fictional just by definition.

Mohammed flew on the back of a horse from Mecca to Jerusalem by definition and default is a fictional narrative.

More lying. By definition "resurrection" merely means restoring a dead body back to life. Your now making up your own definitions grin as you cannot provide absolute proof for your claims. But I understand, atheists usually redefine terms. grin

You want me to prove that a fictional narrative isn't one? grin grin

I want you to provide irrefutable proof of your claims. Not lie and make up definitions to back them grin
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Dalam0n: 5:29pm On Aug 27, 2018
rekinomtla:

More lying. By definition "resurrection" merely means restoring a dead body back to life. Your now making up your own definitions grin as you cannot provide absolute proof for your claims. But I understand, atheists usually redefine terms. grin

Dead bodies coming back to life many days after they have been buried falls under fictional narrative. You want me to provide evidence that fictional narratives are not fictional narratives?

I want you to provide irrefutable proof of your claims. Not lie and make up definitions to back them grin

You want me to provide irrefutable proof that a fictional tale is not a fictional tale? By definition these stories are fictional.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 5:36pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:

Dead bodies coming back to life many days after they have been buried falls under fictional narrative.

How do you know that for certain? How do you know God didn't raise anyone from the dead? How do you know for certain that every dead body remained or remains dead? Stop making assertions without proof.

You want me to provide evidence that fictionalnarratives are not fictional narratives?

Where did I say that? Must you now start taking taking down strawmans. I said prove your claims that no dead person has ever come back to life and stop just asserting it as if you infallible and omniscient grin

You want me to provide irrefutable proof that a fictional tale is not a fictional tale? By definition these stories are fictional.

Which dictionary gives you your definitions?
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Dalam0n: 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2018
rekinomtla:

How do you know that for certain? How do you know God didn't raise anyone from the dead? How do you know for certain that every dead body remained or remains dead? Stop making assertions without proof.

How do you know that you I was not given birth to by a lion? Where is the evidence that I was not given birth to by a lion? How do you know for certain that some human beings are given birth to by lions?

Where did I say that? Must you now start taking taking down strawmans. I said prove your claims that no dead person has ever come back to life and stop just asserting it as if you infallible and omniscient grin

By default and by definition, when human beings die they don't come back to life many days later walking around the streets, unless if your definition of death is something else. They only come back to life many days later in fictional stories just as a human being survived inside a fish for 3 days. This things only happen in fictional narratives.

Which dictionary gives you your definitions?

You can Google it.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Seun(m): 5:58pm On Aug 27, 2018
raptex:
How do I break the news that I'm no more a Christian to my parents.My Dad doesn't take it lightly with me and my siblings if we decide not to attend church programmes
You need to hide it until you have completed your education and you’ve gotten a good job and your own apartment. Then you can invite your parents to your apartment and tell them. Deception is highly recommended in order to avoid a very painful and difficult life.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 6:02pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:

How do you know that you I was not given birth to by a lion? Where is the evidence that I was not given birth to by a lion? How do you know for certain that some human beings are given birth to by lions?

From my experience but I don't know that for certain. I could be dreaming right now, maybe I'm just a brain in a vat. And since I'm not absolutely certain it's just my opinion and an empty hypothesis. Right?

By default and by definition, when human beings die they don't come back to life many days later walking around the streets, unless if your definition of death is something else. They only come back to life many days later in fictional stories just as a human being survived inside a fish for 3 days. This things only happen in fictional narratives.

By definition? State which dictionary you using grin you can't just state "by definition" when you not even defining your terms and demonstrating how it follows from definition.

Atheists often criticize christians for claiming God is eternal by definition. Look now how an atheist is clinging to his own definition as his absolute proof. grin

You can Google it.

Resurrect
verb
(transitive) To raise from the dead, to bring life back to.
To re-use.
(transitive) To bring to view or attention.

Frictional
adjective
Invented, as opposed to real.
Romeo and Juliet are fictional characters.
The janitor's account of the crime turned out to be entirely fictional.

Seems like you pulling this "by definition" out your ass. You literally lying by making up your own definitions. grin grin
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Dalam0n: 6:14pm On Aug 27, 2018
rekinomtla:

From my experience but I don't know that for certain. I could be dreaming right now, maybe I'm just a brain in a vat. And since I'm not absolutely certain it's just my opinion and an empty hypothesis. Right?

So there's a possibility that lions give birth to human beings, since you said you aren't sure.

By definition? State which dictionary you using grin you can't just state "by definition" when you not even defining your terms and demonstrating how it follows from definition.

Atheists often criticize christians for claiming God is eternal by definition. Look now how an atheist is clinging to his own definition as his absolute proof. grin

Resurrect
verb
(transitive) To raise from the dead, to bring life back to.
To re-use.
(transitive) To bring to view or attention.

Frictional
adjective
Invented, as opposed to real.
Romeo and Juliet are fictional characters.
The janitor's account of the crime turned out to be entirely fictional.

Seems like you pulling this "by definition" out your ass. You literally lying by making up your own definitions. grin grin

Dead people waking up from theit graves many days after they have been buried and roaming round the city and seen by many is an invented tale. It doesn't happen in reality. Because in reality dead people that have been buried remain dead. Unless if we are dealing with a different definition of death .

1 Like

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by JeromeBlack: 6:20pm On Aug 27, 2018
rekinomtla:

This is called "willful ignorance".

You very well know that humans cannot come from lions. But because it will derail your argument, you play the ignorant card.

Sometimes, do you ask yourself as a christian why you usually use deceptive means when arguing with atheists?

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 6:56pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:

So there's a possibility that lions give birth to human beings, since you said you aren't sure.

I'm not certain since I could just been dreaming that I'm a human being that was born on earth. Who knows maybe I'm just a brain in a vat. Hence I'm not absolutely certain that humans or lions actually exist. I'm pretty sure that lions don't give birth to humans, almost certain but not absolute which according to you means its just an opinion of mine, an empty hypothesis.

Dead people waking up from theit graves many days after they have been buried and roaming round the city and seen by many is an invented tale. It doesn't happen in reality. Because in reality dead people that have been buried remain dead. Unless if we are dealing with a different definition of death .

Yet you fail to prove our claim with irrefutable evidence. You just stating dead people don't come back to life based on your experience. How do you know all dead people that ever existed remained dead and that not one came back to life. Have you observed all dead bodies with a camera or something?
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by kkins25(m): 6:56pm On Aug 27, 2018
Seun:
You need to hide it until you have completed your education and you’ve gotten a good job and your own apartment. Then you can invite your parents to your apartment and tell them. Deception is highly recommended in order to avoid a very painful and difficult life.
raptex, listen to this guy. I also recommend you use "al-taqiya" deceptive technique. Lol!!! Im doing the same. Just answer to amen, attend church services if required to. (i domt go to church, nd dats because im working nd a supportive member of the family). Do not let your parents know until u can fend for yourself.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
JeromeBlack:

You very well know that humans cannot come from lions. But because it will derail your argument, you play the ignorant card.

Of course I know that but Im not absolutely certain. I could be dreaming.

Sometimes, do you ask yourself as a christian why you usually use deceptive means when arguing with atheists?

I'm not, in fact your atheist friend is making up definitions to back up his claims. He doesn't want to admit he's not absolutely sure about his beliefs about religion because of the false dichotomy he presented earlier. So he resorts to strawmanning and making up definitions.

Have you ever asked yourself why atheists use lies when arguing with theists?
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by JeromeBlack: 7:11pm On Aug 27, 2018
rekinomtla:

I'm not, in fact your atheist friend is making up definitions to back up his claims. He doesn't want to admit he's not absolutely sure about his beliefs about religion because of the false dichotomy he presented earlier. So he resorts to strawmanning and making up definitions.

Have you ever asked yourself why atheists use lies when arguing with theists?

You are not certain that Lions cannot give birth to humans?

Butterflylion would be so proud of such dishonesty.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 7:15pm On Aug 27, 2018
JeromeBlack:

You are not certain that Lions cannot give birth to humans?

Butterflylion would be so proud of such dishonesty.

grin this getting funny now. I specifically said I'm not absolutely certain. That is, I could be wrong. It's possible that I'm jut dreaming I'm a human being born on earth. I might just be a brain in a vat. Although I'm quite certain I'm not dreaming and that my experiences are real but im not absolutely sure about that. Is that do hard to understand? So plz don't misquote my position.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by JeromeBlack: 7:21pm On Aug 27, 2018
rekinomtla:

grin this getting funny now. I specifically said I'm not absolutely certain. That is, I could be wrong. It's possible that I'm jut dreaming I'm a human being born on earth. I might just be a brain in a vat. Although I'm quite certain I'm not dreaming and that my experiences are real but im not absolutely sure about that. Is that do hard to understand? So plz don't misquote my position.

You are not absolutely certain that Lions cannot give birth to humans?

Forgive me, I am not absolutely certain that you have enough sense to be arguing with. Goodbye wink
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 7:24pm On Aug 27, 2018
JeromeBlack:

You are not absolutely certain that Lions cannot give birth to humans?

Forgive me, I am not absolutely certain that you have enough sense to be arguing with. Goodbye wink

Nice cop-out grin

I gave you two reasons why I'm not absolutely certain. Go head and give me some irrefutable proof that I can't possibly be dreaming or that I'm just a brain in a vat being control by a mad scientist.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Dalam0n: 7:30pm On Aug 27, 2018
rekinomtla:

I'm not certain since I could just been dreaming that I'm a human being that was born on earth. Who knows maybe I'm just a brain in a vat. Hence I'm not absolutely certain that humans or lions actually exist. I'm pretty sure that lions don't give birth to humans, almost certain but not absolute which according to you means its just an opinion of mine, an empty hypothesis.

I don't care what you think or feel. It is not possible for lions to give birth to human beings. It's not an opinion but a statement of fact. Lions being unable to give birth to humans is an absolute fact. It is impossible for then to do that.

Yet you fail to prove our claim with irrefutable evidence. You just stating dead people don't come back to life based on your experience. How do you know all dead people that ever existed remained dead and that not one came back to life. Have you observed all dead bodies with a camera or something?

Just like it is impossible for a lion to give birth to a human being, it is also impossible for people that have been dead and buried for many days to wake up and come out of their graves. Same way that it is impossible for a man to live inside a fish for 3 days. It's simply impossible.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Dalam0n: 7:32pm On Aug 27, 2018
JeromeBlack:

What ever lie that needs to be told to sustain belief must be told .
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by JeromeBlack: 7:35pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:

What ever lie that needs to be told to sustain belief must be told .

lol. I know their type. Will tell any lie just to disagree with an atheist. Butterflylion style grin
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 7:38pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:

I don't care what you think or feel. It is not possible for lions to give birth to human beings. It's not an opinion but a statement of fact. Lions being unable to give birth to humans is an absolute fact. It is impossible for then to do that.

Impossible? Well you not absolutely certain about that since it's possible lions and humans don't exist. We could just be dreaming.

Just like it is impossible for a lion to give birth to a human being, it is also impossible for people that have been dead and buried for many days to wake up and come out of their graves. Same way that it is impossible for a man to live inside a fish for 3 days. It's simply impossible.

It possible that you just a brain in a vat. Lions, humans and earth might just be part of your imagination.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Dalam0n: 7:42pm On Aug 27, 2018
rekinomtla:

Impossible? Well that's wrong since it's possible lions and humans don't exist. We could just be dreaming.

Well lions and humans both exist as a matyer of fact and you have clearly shiwn that do not know what dreaming is in the context that you are trying to say.

It possible that you just a brain in a vat. Lions, humans and earth might just be part of your imagination.

Lion humans and earth are not part of my imaginations. These are tangible things. Imaginations aren't tangible.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Dalam0n: 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2018
JeromeBlack:

lol. I know their type. Will tell any lie just to disagree with an atheist. Butterflylion style grin

grin grin. Butterflyliar is now peddling his lies in the politics section as a BMO agent.
Here is an example of his lies. He was caught red handed LYING but he still refused to acknowledge his lies, he went to make things up and post just to continue with his lies.

https://www.nairaland.com/4698281/egina-fpso-sails-offshore-field
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Jabioro: 8:03pm On Aug 27, 2018
[quote author=HardMirror post=70572655] oh yeah. Speaking in tongues is actually an ability that can be retained over time just like mastery of the keys of a music instrument due to frequent practice over a period of time.

I got baptised in the holy ghost as a young christian, perhaps, about 15- 16years old and prayed in tongues for at least an hour everyday till i was 22-23 when i finally became an atheist.

This has made it easy for me to 'play' with the act. It is not had once your brain is comfortable with allowing your mouth to say things that does not make sense.

Speaking in tongues is difficult for many because our brains resist it. It does not make sense to say ' marishe broski mara shikerebo... Incredible! As a christian l never speak in togue even if the whole congregatn did it never happened to me but l have experienced it many times in my dreams...in reality is no! no!! ..
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Jabioro: 8:14pm On Aug 27, 2018
Whatever this thread may stood for.The Atheist and Religion, one thing is sure, there is force behind the existence.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by frank317: 8:16pm On Aug 27, 2018
rekinomtla:

No wonder u are a Christian... A confused one at that.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Kayharry(m): 8:39pm On Aug 27, 2018
Seun:
wont they feel u betray them
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 8:59pm On Aug 27, 2018
frank317:

No wonder u are a Christian... A confused one at that.

Silly comment. Non-christians also believe one cannot obtain absolute certainty. In fact it's a philosophical issue discussed in philosophy. I can't help that you ignorant of this fact.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 9:06pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:

Well lions and humans both exist as a matyer of fact and you have clearly shiwn that do not know what dreaming is in the context that you are trying to say.

More of your opinions. Until you provide absolute proof it's just your opinion. Still waiting for you to prove this isn't all a dream or that it's just the imagination of a brain in a vat.

Lion humans and earth are not part of my imaginations. These are tangible things. Imaginations aren't tangible.

You can touch stuff in your dreams, doesn't make it reality. It's all in your imagination.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by RexEmmyGee: 9:57pm On Aug 27, 2018
HardMirror:
oh yeah. Speaking in tongues is actually an ability that can be retained over time just like mastery of the keys of a music instrument due to frequent practice over a period of time.

I got baptised in the holy ghost as a young christian, perhaps, about 15- 16years old and prayed in tongues for at least an hour everyday till i was 22-23 when i finally became an atheist.

This has made it easy for me to 'play' with the act. It is not had once your brain is comfortable with allowing your mouth to say things that does not make sense.

Speaking in tongues is difficult for many because our brains resist it. It does not make sense to say ' marishe broski mara shikerebo... ' or what ever jargons one calls speaking in tongues. But with time your brain gets comfortable with it and over time you may even start to try making sense from the gibberish in belief that you are speaking by the spirit.

ADDITIONALLY

It is possible for an atheist to cast out demons.

How can an Atheist cast out demons??
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by JeromeBlack: 4:25am On Aug 28, 2018
Dalam0n:

grin grin. Butterflyliar is now peddling his lies in the politics section as a BMO agent.
Here is an example of his lies. He was caught red handed LYING but he still refused to acknowledge his lies, he went to make things up and post just to continue with his lies.

https://www.nairaland.com/4698281/egina-fpso-sails-offshore-field

Lol...that thread was great! Butterflylying thought that he could get away with his lies in another section. Little did he know that anti-Buhari fans don't joke at all.

They finished him. He even ran away on the second page of the thread. He thought he could lie his way through, grin grin He thought wrong.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Dalam0n: 7:07am On Aug 28, 2018
rekinomtla:

More of your opinions. Until you provide absolute proof it's just your opinion. Still waiting for you to prove this isn't all a dream or that it's just the imagination of a brain in a vat.

Lions can't give birth to Human beings, that's a fact and not my opinion. It is simply impossible for lions to do that. The simple definition of a dream and imaginations shows that you have failed in your lame attempt.

You can touch stuff in your dreams, doesn't make it reality. It's all in your imagination.

I am the one to tell you that. People, lions and the earth are real, they are not my imaginations, they are part of our reality including you as well, you can touch things in your dream still doesn't change it from bring a dream. Dreams and imaginations by definition shows that you have failed in you lame attempts.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Seun(m): 7:26am On Aug 28, 2018
Kayharry:
wont they feel u betray them
It is better for them to feel betrayed in the future than for him to be betrayed right now.

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 7:48am On Aug 28, 2018
Dalam0n:

Lions can't give birth to Human beings, that's a fact and not my opinion. It is simply impossible for lions to do that. The simple definition of a dream and imaginations shows that you have failed in your lame attempt.

Until you give absolute proof that Lions and humans even exist and is not just part of your imagination then it's your opinion. Remember you told me unless one has irrefutable proof it's only opinion. I'm just using your methodology here.

I am the one to tell you that. People, lions and the earth are real, they are not my imaginations, they are part of our reality including you as well, you can touch things in your dream still doesn't change it from bring a dream.

Bold contradicts the argument you were making here:

Dalam0n:
Lion humans and earth are not part of my imaginations. These are tangible things. Imaginations aren't tangible."

According to the above, our experience can't be a one big dream since we humans and lions are tangible things. Yet if this was just a dream, we'll just be imagining these things as being tangible. Doesn't make it reality.

Dreams and imaginations by definition shows that you have failed in you lame attempts.

So if this was a dream then lions and humans are imaginary. You keep either making up your own definitions or simply misunderstanding words. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

God Killed Himself To Redeem Our Sins. *hilarious* / Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! / What Made You Become An Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.