Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,843 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? (45750 Views)

So Many Single MBAISE Ladies Are Getting Older. No Husband Wat Is The Problem? / Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? / How men Easily Sleep With Ladies These Days. Photo!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by silidoll: 11:06am On Sep 03, 2018
Because women hormones are changing with time
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Shugavee(f): 11:06am On Sep 03, 2018
lexy2014:
madam I didn't ask u if u have travelled. I asked u have u dated or had a r/ship with an unemployed guy from d west. D men that kiss feet, did they kiss ur feet? If u havent, then u cant speak aithoritatively. Are u trying 2 tell me there are no men in Nigeria who cook 4 their wives?
I said what I said
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 03, 2018
Saff:
It’s poor ladies that want men who are providers? What planet are you living on? Or are you just delusional? I’m not here to argue about my financial status as this is only argument that most of you guys can ever counter me with. I know I’m good, never struggled and never will. Thanks for your concern though.

[s]You want women who are financially comfortable but just not more than you...right I get it. A woman who you can still have total control of, still cook, clean and do everything in the house but someone who you can also share the financial bills with. Rightttt, I get it. Someone who can help you do your job financially, but you still want to be regarded as the man of the house, riightttt I get it. Someone who is helping you in every aspect but helping her equally to do domestic chores is non existent in your world. Rightttt I get it. I find it so funny how most of you men are so adamant about women being financially responsible and helping out financiallly in the house but don’t have that same energy when it comes to things that are not financially related. I believe in gender roles. Why? Because I believe when there’s no gender roles the woman will carry the burden. She ends up doing nearly everything, being super woman. I’ve seen it happen too many times. [/s]

I think you're trying to be sarcastic ,you and Shugavee.

I don't subscribe to women doing house chores by themselves so stop saying those stuffs to me.

Check my created topics, you'll see a topic where I advised women to stop being submissive unless the men will reciprocate that submission.

I don't understand why y'all think all men here are alpha males, misogynists or whatever.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by millionboi2: 11:07am On Sep 03, 2018
cronsberg:
Because believe it or not, numerically there are more women than men to the extend that if all men were to marry a woman each, there will still remain basically millions of women unable to find husband cuz all the men are taken. Plus the facts that men are likely to end up in prison, more men die than women, plus all the gay men etc. Polygamy offers a solution, but we are made to think its backwards and uncivilized. So here we are, with majority of new borns being females. Makes it look like as if we are really heading towards the prophecy that a dozen women will be chasing after one man because of male scarcity. Funny enough, with all that, women are still foaming hard to get and playing games, which interestingly also contributes to more women being single because men simply are refusing to chase after the hard to get women unlike before.
lol
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by victorian(f): 11:07am On Sep 03, 2018
ImaIma1:

Sadly, this is the truth. No one wants to suffer in silence while a man torments them in the house. Who wants to be a slave for a man these days. Life is to be enjoyed. No one has the right ro make life unbearable for someone.

Too many mummy's boys who end up being a nuisance to their wives.

And mothers do not help matters when they spoil their sons. You can imagine a guy whose mum was washing his boxers up until he got married. Infact the guy is just less than a man now.

Am telling you and the spoilt egoistical men are not ready to train themselves to be marriageable even when their parents have failed in that respect.
They feel only women should train themselves and be the ideal wives for any man on earth. Forgetting a woman who has trained herself to be an ideal, homely and supportive wife also needs an ideal, well brought man too for a husband . As men are scared of marrying the wrong woman, so women who knows their worth are scared of marrying just any man, for marriage sakes.
No sensible normal human being wants to be in caged unhappy relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Shugavee(f): 11:08am On Sep 03, 2018
Hanseel1:

I don't subscribe to women doing house chores by themselves so stop saying those stuffs to me.

Check my created topics, you'll see a topic where I advised women to stop being submissive unless the men will reciprocate that submission.

I don't understand why y'all think all men here are alpha males, misogynists or whatever.
okay, understood!
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by lexy2014: 11:10am On Sep 03, 2018
Shugavee:
I said what I said
u said what u said but u don't have any experience of dating any broke guy from d west but u are concluding that they are angels. How?
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 03, 2018
Shugavee:
u r trying to twist what u just wrote cause this n what u wrote first don’t even follow
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 03, 2018
Shugavee:
u r trying to twist what u just wrote cause this n what u wrote first don’t even follow
If you want to keep your sanity, avoid lengthy discussions with that guy.Because with time he deviate, degenerate, and lose comportment.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by ImaIma1(f): 11:10am On Sep 03, 2018
dasparrow:

Many are single because the average Nigerian Bred male is a misogynist, a cheat, a scammer, a rapist and a pedophile. No woman in her sane mind will want to spend the rest of her life with such kind of individuals. It is unhealthy to raise a family with such kind of human beings who have questionable character and depraved minds.

Besides, the entire world knows that the average Nigerian bred male treats his wife like a slave. Now why would anyone with a functioning brain willingly go into slavery? Today, children can be gotten without being married. Most women want children, not misogynist husbands that will oppress, abuse and enslave them. Life is too short for that!

Many guys will disagree with you. They believe that is the standard. That a wife is their personalized maid especially because they paid bride price that they cannot seem to get over.

And women are getting wiser realizing that marriage is not a do or die affair. They don't have to "die there"

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 03, 2018
Saff:
It’s poor ladies that want men who are providers? What planet are you living on? Or are you just delusional? I’m not here to argue about my financial status as this is only argument that most of you guys can ever counter me with. I know I’m good, never struggled and never will. Thanks for your concern though.

You want women who are financially comfortable but just not more than you...right I get it. A woman who you can still have total control of, still cook, clean and do everything in the house but someone who you can also share the financial bills with. Rightttt, I get it. Someone who can help you do your job financially, but you still want to be regarded as the man of the house, riightttt I get it. Someone who is helping you in every aspect but helping her equally to do domestic chores is non existent in your world. Rightttt I get it. I find it so funny how most of you men are so adamant about women being financially responsible and helping out financiallly in the house but don’t have that same energy when it comes to things that are not financially related. I believe in gender roles. Why? Because I believe when there’s no gender roles the woman will carry the burden. She ends up doing nearly everything, being super woman. I’ve seen it happen too many times.

First line... I'm living in this planet.

Made women don't come online debating about whether men should take all financial responsibilities or not because they know what's up.

Most ladies who debate such online are poor in reality.

Done with this thread.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by awakeuche(m): 11:12am On Sep 03, 2018
as a broke working-class young man, who has seen a lot of bullshit in both sexes, I humbly conclude that
1. most ladies prefer dating older men who may at least take care of their immediate needs,
2. Most eligible Nigerian men are broke more times than not.
3. Single sisters expect too much from single brothers and in most cases are impatient
4. Nigerian women are HEAVILY Emotional as compared to their male counterparts, who are at best rational.
5. Nigerian men are stupidly promiscuous

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by smeag0l(m): 11:12am On Sep 03, 2018
What's happening between Miracle and Nina?were they ever dating?If you're Miracle's mother will you agree for him to marry her after having sex on live TV?The only relationship I knew Nina had was with Collins.
victorian:

My dear, the real world in dating and relationships is not palatable.. Trust me on that.

For instance what's happening between miracle the bbn guy and Nina, is what happens everyday to average people out there. Shiit happens. Let's not pretend, relationship is bliss cos it's not.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by lexy2014: 11:13am On Sep 03, 2018
victorian:

Am telling you and the spoilt egoistical men are not ready to train themselves to be marriageable even when their parents have failed in that respect.
They feel only women should train themselves and be the ideal wives for any man on earth. Forgetting a woman who has trained herself to be an ideal, homely and supportive wife also needs an ideal, well brought man too for a husband . As men are scared of marrying the wrong woman, so women who knows their worth are scared of marrying just any man, for marriage sakes.
No sensible normal human being wants to be in caged unhappy relationship.
d men that trained themselves and that aren't spoilt or egoistic, y aren't u attracting such men? Or is it only egoistic, spoilt&untrained men u are attracting?

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by romenna: 11:13am On Sep 03, 2018
Saff:

You want women who are financially comfortable but just not more than you...right I get it. A woman who you can still have total control of, still cook, clean and do everything in the house but someone who you can also share the financial bills with. Rightttt, I get it. Someone who can help you do your job financially, but you still want to be regarded as the man of the house, riightttt I get it. Someone who is helping you in every aspect but helping her equally to do domestic chores is non existent in your world. Rightttt I get it. I find it so funny how most of you men are so adamant about women being financially responsible and helping out financiallly in the house but don’t have that same energy when it comes to things that are not financially related. I believe in gender roles. Why? Because I believe when there’s no gender roles the woman will carry the burden. She ends up doing nearly everything, being super woman. I’ve seen it happen too many times.

As a man, there is nothing wrong in assisting my woman in the kitchen department, in the same vein, there is also nothing wrong in assisting your hubby in the financial department. The key issue is appreciation. Hubby should always appreciate wifee for helping with some bills, wifee should always appreciate hubby for assisting in the kitchen department too. LIFE IS EASY.
Personally, I do not plan to share bills with wifee if i have the required financial weight, but will always assist wifee in the kitchen department whether she assist me financially or not cos i love cooking.
And again, future wifee will rarely use the kitchen or use public transport wen she's heavy, i hate to see my woman stressed.
Women deserve to be treated as fragile as possible, but please dont be opinionated, head strong and stubborn as a women. these will make u ugly inside out as a woman.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by omoharry(f): 11:14am On Sep 03, 2018
millionboi2:
lol.......if only thy know how scared we are.
that is a generalization..i bet you that some people that have been sexually active in the past can stay without sex for one than a year..it a matter of principle.its like all the women you ever come across are sex addict.Nairaland..you guys wont seize to amaze me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 03, 2018
Simply answer : Western education and Civilization grin
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by DonPikko: 11:15am On Sep 03, 2018
hollah123:
just say the ones in your family n the ones around u.d major reason is financial buoyancy n d girls with unrealistic expectations
financial buoyancy aside, many Nigerian girls don't know what they actually want, they'll be like I want a guy with fresh legs, neat palms grin grin grin, it's very hard to find a Nigerian lady with common sense In this era
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by teeymix16: 11:16am On Sep 03, 2018
many single ladies khe........when i dey find who to marry
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 03, 2018
Pls list the qualities of a good man and also a good woman.
Do u read your bible?
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Chynx(m): 11:16am On Sep 03, 2018
dasparrow:

Many are single because the average Nigerian Bred male is a misogynist, a cheat, a scammer, a rapist and a pedophile. No woman in her sane mind will want to spend the rest of her life with such kind of individuals. It is unhealthy to raise a family with such kind of human beings who have questionable character and depraved minds.

Besides, the entire world knows that the average Nigerian bred male treats his wife like a slave. Now why would anyone with a functioning brain willingly go into slavery? Today, children can be gotten without being married. Most women want children, not misogynist husbands that will oppress, abuse and enslave them. Life is too short for that!

Then, why are they complaining? undecided
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by GreenArrow2: 11:16am On Sep 03, 2018
victorian:

My dear, the real world in dating and relationships is not palatable.. Trust me on that.

For instance what's happening between miracle the bbn guy and Nina, is what happens everyday to average people out there. Shiit happens. Let's not pretend, relationship is bliss cos it's not.

Bbn's Miracle and Nina? Oh right. Now I get your point miss. Well, another extra reason why I'm thankful for those around me. Young optimistic people getting married, planning to grow old together. I agree it's not all bliss, however, our circle had identified this from the onset and that has led to long-lasting quality relationships per individual. I also think, we as people need to look and listen beyond crowd and noise of naysayers. There can't be so much weddings every Saturday if relationships and marriages are majorly negative. If it looks like everyone around you isn't having healthy relationships, please change your circle of friends for a bit.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by kunleweb: 11:16am On Sep 03, 2018
DonPikko:
financial buoyancy aside, many Nigerian girls don't know what they actually want, they'll be like I want a guy with fresh legs, neat palms grin grin grin, it's very hard to find a Nigerian lady with common sense In this era

fresh legs, neat palms grin
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 03, 2018
MariaLavina:
If you want to keep your sanity, avoid lengthy discussions with that guy.Because with time he deviate, degenerate, and lose comportment.

You're right. The feeble minded should be scared of having any kind of conversation with me.

Do you know the meaning of degenerate? You're following me around commenting bullshît on my threads and here you are, teenager of little faith afraid of having a conversation with me.

As the immature individual you are, I expect you to reply me with Insults.

I wonder if you have a life outside nairaland.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by iwatch: 11:17am On Sep 03, 2018
kunleweb:

Remember to look out for You in the news from next year, out

I am Pained. Permanently ignore me
grin
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by ImaIma1(f): 11:18am On Sep 03, 2018
braine:

Maybe those are the one youve been meeting. Likes attracts likes.

Not exactly. I met some especially from a particular tribe but i only see some i know that are married or married to people i know. Hardly able to hold a home together and act the part of a man because they cannot think for themselves.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Saff(f): 11:20am On Sep 03, 2018
Hanseel1:

Because that’s what most of you men are. If you want equality or a helper then please let it be in all aspects not just financially. You want a woman who can help you financially in the home, help her equally too. Or stick to your roles in the household and let everybody have peace. I personally do not believe in helpin anybody because like I said the burden will always be on the woman. Women are starting to wake up because we saw how our mothers suffered trying to be the mother and father in the house. While daddy will just drink beer and sit on his ass all day looking for side chicks. We’re not accepting it any longer and we will not fall for your manipulative tricks, brainwashing women to help you financially or she’s a ‘ liability’ . ITS NOT OUR JOB!

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by braine(m): 11:21am On Sep 03, 2018
ImaIma1:

Not exactly. I met some especially from a particular tribe but i only see some i know that are married or married to people i know. Hardly able to hold a home together and act the part of a man because they cannot think for themselves.

The few youve seen does not mean all men are like that or your relationship will be like that. The question is if you actually know what you want.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by DonPikko: 11:23am On Sep 03, 2018
Shugavee:
because I found myself in love!! Lol that’s what u tell urself, they r happy n good.. yeah sometime u want a relationship,,, but when u remember u heartbreak n how deceitful men r, u come back to ur senses,,, n wait for the right man!!! But being single is stress free,, n makes u focus on urself,,, when u r in a relationship u think of ur Partiner than urself most times,, how to please them n make them happy ,, u forget about urself,,
you're in a relationship? And you're preaching about singleness, you're cruel o
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 03, 2018
Hanseel1:

You're right. The feeble minded should be scared of having any kind of conversation with me.

Do you know the meaning of degenerate? You're following me about commenting bullshît on my threads and here you are, teenager of little faith afraid of having a conversation with me.

As the immature individual you are, I expect you to reply me with Insults.

I wonder if you have a life outside nairaland.
You will be Fine. grin
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 03, 2018
Saff:
Because that’s what most of you men are. If you want equality or a helper then please let it be in all aspects not just financially. You want a woman who can help you financially in the home, help her equally too. Or stick to your roles in the household and let everybody have peace. I personally do not believe in helpin anybody because like I said the burden will always be on the woman. Women are starting to wake up because we saw how our mothers suffered trying to be the mother and father in the house. While daddy will just drink beer and sit on his ass all day looking for side chicks. We’re not accepting it any longer and we will not fall for your manipulative tricks, brainwashing women to help you financially or she’s a ‘ liability’ . ITS NOT OUR JOB!

This is 2018 not 1986.

I believe I've talked too much. next time.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Lotorino: 11:24am On Sep 03, 2018
kunleweb:

shocked
Speak for yourself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

A Thug Impregnated My Younger Sister / Twin Sisters Got Proposed To By Their Boyfriends At The Same Time. (video) / Glorianna Eghe-Idubor: "If Your Girlfriend Can't Cook For You, Throw Her Away"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.