Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? (45871 Views)

So Many Single MBAISE Ladies Are Getting Older. No Husband Wat Is The Problem? / Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? / How men Easily Sleep With Ladies These Days. Photo!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by omoharry(f): 11:25am On Sep 03, 2018
Saff:
Most men of this generation are mentally weak and unable to handle life circumstances. Relying on weed/ alcohol, cigarettes or any kind of drug to function.

Most are lazy and not ambitious looking for easy quick money.

Not responsible, looking for a woman to help them or give them money. I don’t blame them, most were raised by women with the father absent or barely there. They don’t understand what it means to be a MAN.

Most men have poor financial management. Spend all their days on social media, betting, money on random women. It’s pitiful.

Most men never take responsibility for themselves. Always looking for one person/ thing to blame for their misfortune.

Rather be single, have a child and be happy than raise a boy into a man because his father didn’t do that job. I’m sorry.
NOT ALL SHALL..BUT YOU REALLY CAPTURED IT,NICE ONE
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by ImaIma1(f): 11:26am On Sep 03, 2018
Saff:
It’s poor ladies that want men who are providers? What planet are you living on? Or are you just delusional? I’m not here to argue about my financial status as this is only argument that most of you guys can ever counter me with. I know I’m good, never struggled and never will. Thanks for your concern though.

You want women who are financially comfortable but just not more than you...right I get it. A woman who you can still have total control of, still cook, clean and do everything in the house but someone who you can also share the financial bills with. Rightttt, I get it. Someone who can help you do your job financially, but you still want to be regarded as the man of the house, riightttt I get it. Someone who is helping you in every aspect but helping her equally to do domestic chores is non existent in your world. Rightttt I get it. I find it so funny how most of you men are so adamant about women being financially responsible and helping out financiallly in the house but don’t have that same energy when it comes to things that are not financially related. I believe in gender roles. Why? Because I believe when there’s no gender roles the woman will carry the burden. She ends up doing nearly everything, being super woman. I’ve seen it happen too many times.

She supports financially and still handles the chores, children, cooking and the whole household but the man still wants to be the demigod that she calls "lord" just because he was born with a peniss.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Saff(f): 11:28am On Sep 03, 2018
Hanseel1:

First line... I'm living in this planet.

Made women don't come online debating about whether men should take all financial responsibilities or not because they know what's up.

Most ladies who debate such online are poor in reality.

Done with this thread.
They know what’s up as in how? Because we’re made we will now settle for one broke ass scrub because we have our own money. Oh we will not complain online about the rate in which brokeasses are gaining more and more confidence to spew trash? Ah beg go and sit down. Most women want their equal but preferably they want someone who is more financially abundant. Ode.

As you leave this thread please play TLC- No scrubs as your go-to anthem. Let it play over and over in your head to remind yourself that NO woman wants a scrub grin

Ciaooo x
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by WhoBeThisMan: 11:29am On Sep 03, 2018
dasparrow:

Can you blame your women? In the past, our mothers and grandmothers married and stuck with our broke fathers and grandfathers. But guess what? The minute our fathers and grandfathers finally hit it big and became rich, they dumped the woman of their youth - our mothers and grandmothers who stuck with them in trying times - and went on to marry some twenty-two year old.

African men can never be trusted and I will never advice any female related to me to settle with some broke Nigerian or African nigga. Go and make money first because it takes money to raise a family.

This is why Africans can never seem to get out of poverty. You don't even have sufficient money to take care of yourself yet you are dreaming of bringing a woman and innocent children into your poverty stricken life to suffer with you. Nonsense!
Pls speak for your father alone. Mine never did

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 03, 2018
Saff:
They know what’s up as in how? Because we’re made we will now settle for one broke ass scrub because we have our own money. Oh we will not complain online about the rate in which brokeasses are gaining more and more confidence to spew trash? Ah beg go and sit down. Most women want their equal but preferably they want someone who is more financially abundant. Ode.

As you leave this thread please play TLC- No scrubs as your go-to anthem. Let it play over and over in your head to remind yourself that NO woman wants a scrub grin

Ciaooo x

I'm finding it hard to hold myself. I didn't say you should settle for a broke guy.

Being financially responsible doesn't mean you should marry a poor man..

Are you an illiterate?? Why are you finding it hard to comprehend a simple post?
Don't marry a broke individual, just be financially responsible that's all. You're broke yet you feel the only way to speak since you can't comprehend is to start insulting.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by victorian(f): 11:34am On Sep 03, 2018
GreenArrow2:

Bbn's Miracle and Nina? Oh right. Now I get your point miss. Well, another extra reason why I'm thankful for those around me. Young optimistic people getting married, planning to grow old together. I agree it's not all bliss, however, our circle had identified this from the onset and that has led to long-lasting quality relationships per individual. I also think, we as people need to look and listen beyond crowd and noise of naysayers. There can't be so much weddings every Saturday if relationships and marriages are majorly negative. If it looks like everyone around you isn't having healthy relationships, please change your circle of friends for a bit.

Am not talking of my recent circle of friends.
Am talking of few years down the lane kind of relationships I had. Its not easy forgetting bad experiences.

Now I don't take nonsense o.. Lol
If I smell any body coming to me with negative attitudes, I quickly cut off. I don't waste time at all. My circle of recent friends are happy in their relationships. For me, am OK and docile in my relationship . Past experiences has made me calm, cuz Av seen it all. I simply go with a positive flow. All those butterflies and excitements like a teenager is gone. I will say am more in control of myself and emotions. And my companion is an easy going positive guy. He's the one that has the butterflies lol. His enthusiasm makes me smile and laugh sometimes.

My own butterflies don dry up since, years back. All I have is years of experience to keep a good man around me. I am fine with my relationship, as of today.
Only God knows wat tomorrow holds.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by DonPikko: 11:35am On Sep 03, 2018
pocohantas:
The gender blame game continues...

All the ladies blaming it on Nigerian men being misogynists and all sorts, are your boyfriends and brothers such? If no, why are they not married?

The guys blaming it on feminism. Lots of you are in a relationship with non-feminist women. I have even seen guys say they've never seen a feminist in reality. How then are you people blaming it on feminism? Why are you not married to your non-feminist girlfriends?

The problem is the economy. Most Nigerian youths are unemployed or underemployed.
you're right, have you noticed the way
average Nigerian ladies fall for celebrities/wealthy guys/ abroad based guys, a Nigerian guy should just fall into any of the above, you won't have all this headache
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Kinggnicole(f): 11:37am On Sep 03, 2018
kingthreat:
The female population is more than the male population. Men keep doing risky jobs in the name of bravery. Even if every man were to be married to one woman, there would still be many unmarried women. Polygamy might actually save the unmarried women folk.

Ok without further ado let me address this ignorance. I won't be so nice next time.

The population of males in Nigeria is higher than that of females.

I'm sick and tired of some men regurgitating this BS to prove another BS.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Saff(f): 11:38am On Sep 03, 2018
Hanseel1:

This is 2018 not 1986.

I believe I've talked too much. next time.
it’s 2018 yes mr man. If you want equality be about equality in all areas, not just financially. If not then take on your role as a man, and provide 100% financially. You can’t pick and choose when it’s convenient for you because like I said the woman always carries the burden. Women are waking up and realising this, but it seems you men don’t like it grin You can’t have your cake and eat it sir cheesy
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Greatzeus(m): 11:41am On Sep 03, 2018
dasparrow:

Many are single because the average Nigerian Bred male is a misogynist, a cheat, a scammer, a rapist and a pedophile. No woman in her sane mind will want to spend the rest of her life with such kind of individuals. It is unhealthy to raise a family with such kind of human beings who have questionable character and depraved minds.

Besides, the entire world knows that the average Nigerian bred male treats his wife like a slave. Now why would anyone with a functioning brain willingly go into slavery? Today, children can be gotten without being married. Most women want children, not misogynist husbands that will oppress, abuse and enslave them. Life is too short for that!
Sorry Ma/Sir,I beg to differ. Just because the man you see everyday(Father, brother or husband) fits this your sloppy description doesn't make it so. I couldn't relate with it,I was never what you wrote there ever,and couldn't pin any on my Pa too,so you explaining to us what you saw the men in your life do.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by ImaIma1(f): 11:41am On Sep 03, 2018
braine:

The few youve seen does not mean all men are like that or your relationship will be like that. The question is if you actually know what you want.

I don't think i said anything about all guys being mummy's boys. I said we have more mummy's boys. Even Nairaland has them in abundance.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by DonPikko: 11:42am On Sep 03, 2018
kunleweb:

fresh legs, neat palms grin
I don't even pray to marry women of such, also there is too much bitterness in the Nigerian environment among the middle class, again most Nigerian ladies are easily brainwashed, majority get influenced by what they read on the internet, inability to think and have personal code and conduct, I'll say the chances of a serious guy getting a decent Nigerian Lady with common sense is very very slim

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by otipoju(m): 11:42am On Sep 03, 2018
kunleweb:

Is this excuse legit when many fathers and mothers of the previous generations got married before they had jobs and were not at the mercy of jobs

When you marry and have kids,how do you fend for your family without a source of income.

The economy of the previous generations was primarily agrarian and hence they were self employed

Their lifestyle was rural and simple...they paid no rent, built no mansions nor duplexes,telephone or cable subsription, no school fees, bought no automobiles, no hospital bills, no clothe-shopping trips, cinema flexing and other financial obligations of an industrialised, modern and complex society as ours.

Your primary needs were easily met.

Food... from the farm and rearing of animals and poultry
Clothing...you can wear just a few for many years.
Shelter... houses built with mud and palm fronds from the river bank

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by akdjr(m): 11:44am On Sep 03, 2018
Simply because married women nowadays are selfish with their man.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by kunleweb: 11:45am On Sep 03, 2018
otipoju:

When you marry and have kids,how do you fend for your family without a source of income.

The economy of the previous generations was primarily agrarian and hence they were self employed

Their lifestyle was rural and simple...they paid no rent, built no mansions nor duplexes,telephone or cable subsription, no school fees, bought no automobiles, no hospital bills, no clothe-shopping trips, cinema flexing and other financial obligations of an industrialised, modern and complex society as ours.

Your primary needs were easily met.

Food... from the farm and rearing of animals and poultry
Clothing...you can wear just a few for many years.
Shelter... houses built with mud and palm fronds from the river bank

It all proves human wants and needs has become much more complex and is the underlying problem, which implies our psychological wants is the problem and resolving it means dislodging the mental and psychological barricades and not purely economic reasons.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Tina101: 11:47am On Sep 03, 2018
That was bfr.. The economy today isn't same as of old... Things have changed.

Is this excuse legit when many fathers and mothers of the previous generations got married before they had jobs and were not at the mercy of jobs
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by kunleweb: 11:47am On Sep 03, 2018
DonPikko:
I don't even pray to marry women of such, also there is too much bitterness in the Nigerian environment among the middle class, again most Nigerian ladies are easily brainwashed, majority get influenced by what they read on the internet, inability to think and have personal code and conduct, I'll say the chances of a serious guy getting a decent Nigerian Lady with common sense is very very slim

There's too much bitterness in the middle class, this is what dissuades me, way too much bitterness.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by hustla(m): 11:47am On Sep 03, 2018
Daeylar:

What made the comment a feminist comment? undecided

You don't even know what is going to happen in your life tomorrow but all of a sudden you have seen the future to know how someone else will die.

Mtchewww

K
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by hustla(m): 11:47am On Sep 03, 2018
Robynwelo1:

What is wrong in dying single? Are there not people whose lives have been cut short in the name of marriage?

K
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by hustla(m): 11:48am On Sep 03, 2018
Shugavee:
and there is nothing wrong about that
K
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Saff(f): 11:48am On Sep 03, 2018
Hanseel1:

I'm finding it hard to hold myself. I didn't say you should settle for a broke guy.

Being financially responsible doesn't mean you should marry a poor man..

Are you an illiterate?? Why are you finding it hard to comprehend a simple post?
Don't marry a broke individual, just be financially responsible that's all. You're broke yet you feel the only way to speak since you can't comprehend is to start insulting.

Mr man stop trying to sugar coat things. Why is my financial status so important to you, if not that you’re looking for a helper? You have continuously stated on this thread that you want a woman who can financially support you aka be ‘ financially responsible’. Why is this of such importance to you, if you’re going to be taking on financial responsibilities as the man of the house? My own thing is if you want a woman who is willing to financially help you, just make sure you help her equally. If a woman wants a provider, stop trying to make it seem like it’s a bad thing. It’s the way things are supposed to be God dammiett grin
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Shugavee(f): 11:49am On Sep 03, 2018
DonPikko:
you're in a relationship? And you're preaching about singleness, you're cruel o
I don’t want women who r single to die of depression!! Cause they can be happy being single
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by resurgent2019: 11:51am On Sep 03, 2018
omoharry:
That was well said.Some Nigerian guys think their joy stick is crested with gold and silver, so therefore we should accept all the ill mannered men with their nasty personality, who really need some growing up to do.So many of them dont know that their pleasant /terrrible personality and attitude to life have a long way in defining who they are..the hard workers that are properly brought up by good women will never come here and be hating on women. Only loosers with serious low self esteem do that..am sure they do that to make themselves feel very good with what they are.

You better take it easy. Some guy must have really hurt you. I dont want to meet your kind in real life. Gush, so bitter!

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by 93Miles: 11:54am On Sep 03, 2018
generationz:

And the average Nigerian woman is holy and acceptable in all good things abi?

please give valid points not points that come from hatred because of what some men did to you or women around you

It would surprise you to know that men whom you described as such aren't single. In fact many have numerous girlfriends and sidechicks due to their wealth and influence.

look at dino melaye for example. He is loud ,uncoth and brash. His last two marriages ended based on domestic violence allegations

But do you think with the money and influence he has he goes to bed at night hugging his pillow?
the answer is no. He can get as many women and even beautiful ones if he wishes.

or have you seen femi fani kayode , he is also an uncoth wife beater .

you would be surprised how these runs babes and even independent working class women practically scheme and beg millionaires and billionaires to spend some time with them. You think if he popped the question they wouldn't jump at it.

like the poster above said many rich ,independent women are single because there are many unemployed or underemployed men today

unlike before when 95 percent of work force in large organizations where men and farming was still lucrative.
dasparrow pls respond to this.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by v2: 11:55am On Sep 03, 2018
It is clear and simple.
The probability of having a male child is 25% while it is 75% for a female child hence for every male child born there will be a corresponding possibility of 3 female born too.

The most hazardous occupation is dominated by men. Too many men die everyday from work related illness. For example, how many police women have you heard died in the line of duty? How many women in the military die in the line of duty? I guess no one can give a figure. The women will never be put in the line of fire. How many female sailors do you know? How many female palm wine tappers do you know? How many female do you know clean windows of high rise buildings, pain telecom masts, use Rope access technique to go overboard offshore platforms e.t.c? How many female do you know do deep see diving?
The rate at which men die from these high risk activities have also added to the case of birth rate earlier mentioned.
That is why when i see feminists making so much noise on social media i just feel they talk because they have diarrhea of the mouth. If you want equality then put your money where you mouth is. Pick up a gun and go to the front line. Do what the men do and you can get the equality you want. Nature already provides equity because it is what a woman needs not equality.

As for why you have so many unmarried women, we as a people have lost our family values. The roles of a man and a woman in the home are not taught. In as much as responsible men are few, finding a wife is like going looking for a coin under the sea. The young men and women have been consumed by the ills of our society and whether you like it or not, after a man and a women have lived a reckless life, the man will still easily pick a wife. The wife is the pride of of the husband so preserve yourself as a woman. Whether a man have sex with you or not, if he wants to marry you, he will.

For the females on this thread attributing the reason to guys not able to measure up so they prefer to remain single and have children, that's all bullsh*t. It is the option available and not the preferred. If every guy dating a girl decides to propose right now, how many will say know? except those screwing the one guy for money and dating another. So to me remaining single and having children is rarely what the woman wants.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by resurgent2019: 11:56am On Sep 03, 2018
Saff:
it’s 2018 yes mr man. If you want equality be about equality in all areas, not just financially. If not then take on your role as a man, and provide 100% financially. You can’t pick and choose when it’s convenient for you because like I said the woman always carries the burden. Women are waking up and realising this, but it seems you men don’t like it grin You can’t have your cake and eat it sir cheesy

You are really having fun on this thread. I like you, at least you aint pretending to be a nice woman. I can feel your bitterness and angst against men, the economy and so many other problems you face from my computer screen. At least Nigerian men can always stay single while hustling to make it. This is the new normal.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by DonPikko: 11:59am On Sep 03, 2018
Shugavee:
I don’t want women who r single to die of depression!! Cause they can be happy being single
but it's there choice to decide, you don't need to force it down there throat, you're part of the problems we have in the society, you're in a relationship yet you keep preaching singleness, just like the idiots that'll travel out and tell you its better to remain in Nigeria, but they themselves won't come back

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by bluefilm: 12:01pm On Sep 03, 2018
Saff:
Most men of this generation are mentally weak and unable to handle life circumstances. Relying on weed/ alcohol, cigarettes or any kind of drug to function.

Not responsible, looking for a woman to help them or give them money. I don’t blame them, most were raised by women with the father absent or barely there. They don’t understand what it means to be a MAN.

Most men have poor financial management. Spend all their days on social media, betting, money on random women. It’s pitiful.

Most men never take responsibility for themselves. Always looking for one person/ thing to blame for their misfortune.

Rather be single, have a child and be happy than raise a boy into a man because his father didn’t do that job. I’m sorry.

Chai.

I pity your father.

The man no try at all.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by MissWrite(f): 12:01pm On Sep 03, 2018
OfficialSam:

Now I understand, you are a man grin
Bad market grin

Lol... cheesy. Yeah, you can say that too.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by resurgent2019: 12:02pm On Sep 03, 2018
Saff:

Ciaooo x

Really bitter stuff! I cant believe this is coming from a Nigerian girl!

You must be carrying so much poisonous venom in you. I loathe you already. angry

Which kain person be this?

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by deleo16(m): 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2018
Saff:

Thanks for pointing some reminder in Myles Munroe teaching on fatherlessness in this time and age ,but I don't agree will some of your point , pls watch he explain all in this teaching .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvSz6BWU5kM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=541DRAZpIfU

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by omoharry(f): 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2018
resurgent2019:

You better take it easy. Some guy must have really hurt you. I dont want to meet your kind in real life. Gush, so bitter!
bitter with men? never...but to subject women to pain and misery all in the name of marriage..no way...I like well groomed guys that have respect for women because they were brought up by mothers that were treated like queens by thier fathers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

Why Guys Avoid Pretty Ladies / Zainab Abidoye & Mother Lived Off Man's Wealth But Refused To Marry Him (Photos) / Lady Says Her Boyfriend Is Stingy For Giving Her N15k To Celebrate Her Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.