Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (279255 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 7:34pm On May 08, 2020
Ebbybam:
Good morning house
This is my first time of cucumber farming
I want to ask it is advisable to plants cucumber Now, without irrigation? and it is compulsory to use chicken manure in a Virgin land for cucumber? I mean very fertile land

I'm in ondo state
from experience if there is no water source around we are not planting cucumbers, for example for the past 4-5 days we don't have any rain,if you want to try such wait june\august,no matter how fertile a land will be cucumbers will guzzle up the nutrients before 28-30 days,so be ready to apply manure 2 weeks after planting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 7:35pm On May 08, 2020
OluchiDelly:

How much is wormforce sir?
#1700 naira
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Choiceagric(m): 3:41am On May 09, 2020
I can't believery that I read from first page to this page ,just to seek for knowledge and broaden my horizon,weldone to all contributors, you all did a great and marvellous job.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by frankedoka: 7:16am On May 09, 2020
Please Sir Okoroemeka, after doing your basal chicken manure application, are you advised to sow inside the manure or cover the manure with sand and sow on top of it?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by OluchiDelly: 7:40am On May 09, 2020
okoroemeka:
#1700 naira

Alright.

okoroemeka:
yes of course,wormforce I think will be a better alternative than furadan that is mixed sand,unscrupulous traders will definitely mix more sand than furadan
Products with security seal and packaging are still being pirated by our guys not to talk of furadan that is poorly packaged like Agege bread with label that can easily be scanned on coloured printers.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 1:58pm On May 09, 2020
frankedoka:
Please Sir Okoroemeka, after doing your basal chicken manure application, are you advised to sow inside the manure or cover the manure with sand and sow on top of it?
what we do after applying manure and we want to plant,is to use hose and water pressure to water each hole,what it does is that it turns the manure with soil and also irrigates for good germination, we use this tactics even if we will use drip irrigation, but you can turn it manually with shovel or hand trowel .
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by frankedoka: 5:34pm On May 09, 2020
okoroemeka:
what we do after applying manure and we want to plant,is to use hose and water pressure to water each hole,what it does is that it turns the manure with soil and also irrigates for good germination, we use this tactics even if we will use drip irrigation, but you can turn it manually with shovel or hand trowel .

Thanks a lot. Please Sir what procedure is recommended? I read somewhere that after making the holes on the bed at the specific point u want to plant, then you apply a nematicide followed by a phosphate based fertilizer then u apply 2kg of chicken manure and then plant your seed. Do u recommend this method, sir?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:02pm On May 09, 2020
frankedoka:

Thanks a lot. Please Sir what procedure is recommended? I read somewhere that after making the holes on the bed at the specific point u want to plant, then you apply a nematicide followed by a phosphate based fertilizer then u apply 2kg of chicken manure and then plant your seed. Do u recommend this method, sir?
I think the process is good but applying 2 kg of chicken manure per planting hole is too much,if you are planting with 2000 meter drip you will have 6000+ holes if you multiply that by 2kg you will see that you will need at least 12 tons of manure which is even More than 2 tipper trucks,not feasible to me,that 2 kg is meant to be split into 2 or 3 applications that will cover the life span of the crop

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 10:24pm On May 11, 2020
okoroemeka:
well,I know it is beneficial to also spray behind the leafs but with some crops it is simply impossible,like staked cucumbers can not be sprayed behind the leafs,only pepper, eggplant,etc are well positioned for such.
True. It can still be done but it will be slower.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 10:25pm On May 11, 2020
FMCASH:

Please did you know the single pesticide used?
Imidacloprid, lambda that of he in. Here is the research https://scialert.net/fulltextmobile/?doi=je.2014.283.290

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FMCASH(m): 9:28am On May 14, 2020
FarmTech:

Imidacloprid, lambda that of he in. Here is the research https://scialert.net/fulltextmobile/?doi=je.2014.283.290
thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ideepaul: 11:45am On May 15, 2020
Please who knows where I can get 50g cu999 or 986 cucumber seeds in Uyo? All the shops I have visited today only have Saira and Nandini F1 5g pack. @Okoroemeka phone no is switched off, I would have asked him to waybill it for me.....btw how many harvests can I make from dwarf Okro
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:06pm On May 15, 2020
ideepaul:
Please who knows where I can get 50g cu999 or 986 cucumber seeds in Uyo? All the shops I have visited today only have Saira and Nandini F1 5g pack. @Okoroemeka phone no is switched off, I would have asked him to waybill it for me.....btw how many harvests can I make from dwarf Okro
i have a customer that is ready to pay #15-20k for 50gram seed that was #8k last 2 weeks,even seeds like murano,darina,etc is no longer avalible now,even I gobbled up 10 tins of marketer variety I saw at agritopic office Enugu,we don't have the luxury of choice,work must go on
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ideepaul: 9:01pm On May 15, 2020
okoroemeka:
i have a customer that is ready to pay #15-20k for 50gram seed that was #8k last 2 weeks,even seeds like murano,darina,etc is no longer avalible now,even I gobbled up 10 tins of marketer variety I saw at agritopic office Enugu,we don't have the luxury of choice,work must go on
I got the 5g 10g packs of Saira F1(5 sachets) @ 3500 each today in Uyo! Cucumber seeds are scarce o, even Thai agro don't have cucumber seeds for sale. May God help us
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Intendy: 9:21pm On May 15, 2020
okoroemeka:

that's true , but was lucky to get 6 cans each of Murano and tokyo , 2 days ago and waybilled to GRA benin for a friend. but at a slight premium cost 14,200 per can. (cause the Murano and cu999 I'll be planting soon was bought 2 weeks ago (Murano at 12,500 ,cu999 at #8k
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Victornezzar: 9:41pm On May 15, 2020
Intendy:

that's true , but was lucky to get 6 cans each of Murano and tokyo , 2 days ago and waybilled to GRA benin for a friend. but at a slight premium cost 14,200 per can. (cause the Murano and cu999 I'll be planting soon was bought 2 weeks ago (Murano at 12,500 ,cu999 at #8k
Hmm, why is the price now high
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:46pm On May 15, 2020
Intendy:

you are lucky,your crop will sell at a premium price because farmers has prepared their lands only to go and buy seed and be met with empty shelves, check what can make me rush and buy 10 tins marketer that thing serious.many farmers are even offering to buy some marketer from me at double price,this is crazy,the law of demand and supply.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Intendy: 4:10pm On May 16, 2020
Victornezzar:
Hmm, why is the price now high
your answer is right above as replied by okoroemeka. law of demand and supply
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Victornezzar: 4:12pm On May 16, 2020
Intendy:

your answer is right above as replied by okoroemeka. law of demand and supply
Is it due to the fact that this is raining season and most farmers are going back to their farm??
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 7:52pm On May 16, 2020
okoroemeka:
this is an interesting question, crop cucumber water needs vary according to weather, soil type and agronomy practices, during the hottest time of the dry season we irrigated fully grown fruitng crops for 20 mins using double emitter drip tapes (8 ltrs\hrs)which translates to roughly 2 ltrs per crop a day,but to achieve such short time irrigation the crops must be planted when the drips are running and every seed will be planted not more than 1-2 inches away from the drip point.
thank you boss for your response.
pls sir.
how many sachet or gram of Epsom salt (moko) can i add to a knapsack sprayer 16l

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by dreymania: 9:51pm On May 16, 2020
U just came across this thread two days ago and I think I found it at a very important period. Have been following silently and I love what all the bosses are doing here. I'm a newbie in cucumber farming. Someone told me to try cucumber. He got me some seed(I dunno the variety as it didn't come with a label). I planted on Monday n about 2plots nd I noticed some started germinating on Wednesday. The problem I'm having now is that I didn't make plans for irrigation. It rained on Monday night after planting, after then there's been no rain so I had to do it the hard way (watering with hand ) on Thursday. I knw I'd be in for a though one as I didn't make any plans for irrigation.
Would it be reasonable to leave my growing seedling for 3days before wetting again if it doesn't rain.
I'd accept all criticism and insult with good fate
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by dreymania: 9:55pm On May 16, 2020
This is a picture of my growing cucumber.
I however noticed some had yellow colouration at the tip. What could this imply.
Please note that this is more like a trial and error for me and all advice would be appreciated.

1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by dreymania: 10:07pm On May 16, 2020
Here's a pict
dreymania:
I however noticed some had yellow colouration at the tip. What could this imply.
Please note that this is more like a trial and error for me and all advice would be appreciated.

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:10pm On May 16, 2020
dreymania:
first of all nobody is going to insult you or use negative criticism, but you did some elementary mistakes like not planning for irrigation, evend if its well get a water pump,you planted unknown variety, as I can see no evidence of manure application before planting,if your soil is a heavy soil it can retain water for 3 days or more,that yellow you are seeing is just the cotlyedon it will change to green the next day or two
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:12pm On May 16, 2020
dreymania:
Here's a pict
what is the colour of the seeds?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Augla1: 10:35pm On May 16, 2020
okoroemeka:
we have three weeding options to choose from ,one is to get motorised weeders,(2)is to use plastic hooded knapsack nozzle and apply paraquat herbicide,(3)is to go medieval and use the manpower of our 12 farm workers to scrap,brush and clear the weeds with good old hoes and Cutlass.
Sir okoroemeka been following this "e-class" since morning as though am preparing to defend a doctorate.
... With the way your are sounding in ur advocacy for the third, it seems that is what is serving your projects best ?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:53pm On May 16, 2020
Augla1:

Sir okoroemeka been following this "e-class" since morning as though am preparing to defend a doctorate.
... With the way your are sounding in ur advocacy for the third, it seems that is what is serving your projects best ?
i cannot forget the year I sprayed glyphosate to control weed in a garden egg farm we just harvested twice,most of the leafs turned yellow in days and I was mad with myself,but thankful it cleared and the crops returned to normal,since then I am not interested in spraying any herbicide after transplanting.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Augla1: 10:55pm On May 16, 2020
Victornezzar:

Is it due to the fact that this is raining season and most farmers are going back to their farm??
Let me help intendy out: it is because what they needed was wasn't available in the market as at when they needed, so they rushed for the few available, which equates to a skyrocketing demand which means price will increase for the few available.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Victornezzar: 11:00pm On May 16, 2020
Augla1:

Let me help intendy out: it is because what they needed was wasn't available in the market as at when they needed, so they rushed for the few available, which equates to a skyrocketing demand which means price will increase for the few available.
. Ohhh
Thanks for your input bro
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Augla1: 11:04pm On May 16, 2020
okoroemeka:
i cannot forget the year I sprayed glyphosate to control weed in a garden egg farm we just harvested twice,most of the leafs turned yellow in days and I was mad with myself,but thankful it cleared and the crops returned to normal,since then I am not interested in spraying any herbicide after transplanting.
Sir , I really have passion for farming, in it's various forms except the e-farming stuff because I like the feeling that exude from me when I see living things grow under my care. I know am cut-out for agriculture but I think I need to sit under you to learn how to be tenacious, through creative thinking in solving a particular challenge thet may arise. because, I know the road is not always easy
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by dreymania: 7:49am On May 17, 2020
okoroemeka:
first of all nobody is going to insult you or use negative criticism, but you did some elementary mistakes like not planning for irrigation, evend if its well get a water pump,you planted unknown variety, as I can see no evidence of manure application before planting,if your soil is a heavy soil it can retain water for 3 days or more,that yellow you are seeing is just the cotlyedon it will change to green the next day or two
thanks very much for your response sir.i didn't apply manure for two reasons, the first is that the land has not been used for planting for over two years and second I didn't know about soaking manure in water for few days would be safe to apply. I got the wet litter from a poultry and I spread it at a portion in the farm for it to decompose.
For the irrigation there's a source of water close(a well) I might just have to employ the manual way of watering. I would post pictures when I can for clarity.
The seeds I got are white in color
Sir if I decide to water with hose how can I do that because I didn't plant my seeds in holes.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by dreymania: 8:05am On May 17, 2020
The first image attached is the seed and that's the container it came in.
The second pics is the poultry waste I have gotten(i guess it would have been dried by now)
what's the best way to apply this manure to prevent wastage and make it safe for my plant.
Thanks for your usual response everyone.
Mr OkoroEmeka respect to you for this knowledge you've poured out freely.
I bet E-book sellers that don't even know wat a cucumber seed looks like don't have half of d information u dropped here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.