Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (279294 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by numen(m): 8:49am On May 04, 2020
Good morning @okoroemeka and others,

Please what could be the cause of this disease on a cucumber plant?

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 4:57pm On May 04, 2020
numen:
Good morning @okoroemeka and others,

Please what could be the cause of this disease on a cucumber plant?
the general yellow of the leafs with greenish veins is caused by poor soil and nutrient deficiency,but I can see on the down left side the beginning of Downy mildrew and on the top right side leaf miner with white lines on leafs,to prevent such nutrient deficiency on such poor soils, chicken manure must be applied before planting and applied again before flowering,then npk can take over

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by numen(m): 7:34pm On May 04, 2020
Thank you for your input.

okoroemeka:
the general yellow of the leafs with greenish veins is caused by poor soil and nutrient deficiency,but I can see on the down left side the beginning of Downy mildrew and on the top right side leaf miner with white lines on leafs,to prevent such nutrient deficiency on such poor soils, chicken manure must be applied before planting and applied again before flowering,then npk can take over
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Victornezzar: 8:43pm On May 04, 2020
okoroemeka:
You mean you shouldn't apply fertilizer till when it begins to flower??
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 9:40pm On May 04, 2020
uche393:

I did it on pilot cucumber farm which I planted in sacks. the plants was 3wks old during the Application

I divided the the application of the manure into three

(1)the mulched

(2) the ones I applied close to the stem

(3) the ones I gave 3-4inch space

all no2 died within two days

What do u mean by:
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 9:44pm On May 04, 2020
okoroemeka:
Hello Oga. How far about that liquid manure fertigation. Is it still working without problem?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 11:13pm On May 04, 2020
Victornezzar:

You mean you shouldn't apply fertilizer till when it begins to flower??
if the soil is good, fertile and you applied good quantities of chicken manure as basal treatment it will push the crops up to 25-26 days,as long you apply weekly foliar sprays,then before flowering you apply second manure,after that at around 32-35 days NPK will be applied,the fruiting stage is most critical,if the nutrients is not available the lcrops will push nutrients upwards for flowers and fruits and the old leafs will turn yellow at that stage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 11:24pm On May 04, 2020
FarmTech:

Hello Oga. How far about that liquid manure fertigation. Is it still working without problem?
yes, still working perfectly no drip emitter blocked so far,the joy of using fertigation in crops like cucumbers is the flexibility it offers,you can use different fertlizer,compst tea, organic manure,etc,but the biggest surprise was the week we fertigated urea,I cannot believe it is possible for a crop to grow so fast,but the danger is more lush thick foliage and that is not what a cucumber farmer needs,we are drawing a master plan to utilize such result in a leafy vegetable like ugu during the dry season,we have a small control farm of 10 ugu plants that we will fertigate urea and see how nasty it can get.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Victornezzar: 4:51am On May 05, 2020
FarmTech:

What do u mean by:
I guess the 2nd option
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Victornezzar: 4:57am On May 05, 2020
okoroemeka:
if the soil is good, fertile and you applied good quantities of chicken manure as basal treatment it will push the crops up to 25-26 days,as long you apply weekly foliar sprays,then before flowering you apply second manure,after that at around 32-35 days NPK will be applied,the fruiting stage is most critical,if the nutrients is not available the lcrops will push nutrients upwards for flowers and fruits and the old leafs will turn yellow at that stage.
I heard that the Foliar spray will be applied directly to the leaves.. How many times in a week should this be done and the Npk application after flowering.... How many times in a week should that be applied... I guess NPK 15 15 15 is a solid type.. While the Foliar should be mixed with water.... I'm still learning from my bosses here
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 3:48pm On May 05, 2020
Victornezzar:

I heard that the Foliar spray will be applied directly to the leaves.. How many times in a week should this be done and the Npk application after flowering.... How many times in a week should that be applied... I guess NPK 15 15 15 is a solid type.. While the Foliar should be mixed with water.... I'm still learning from my bosses here
we spray foliar fertilizer, fungicides and insecticide every Saturday or Sunday,NPK is applied every 10 days or after every 2 harvest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Victornezzar: 4:05pm On May 05, 2020
okoroemeka:
we spray foliar fertilizer, fungicides and insecticide every Saturday or Sunday,NPK is applied every 10 days or after every 2 harvest.
Thanks boss

Foliar is liquid fertilizer that should be sprayed on the top and under of the leaves ryt

Fungicides and insecticides should they also be sprayed on the leaves??

Then NPK should go to the root part... 3 to 4 inches away

I stand to be corrected sa
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:12pm On May 05, 2020
Victornezzar:

Thanks boss

Foliar is liquid fertilizer that should be sprayed on the top and under of the leaves ryt

Fungicides and insecticides should they also be sprayed on the leaves??

Then NPK should go to the root part... 3 to 4 inches away

I stand to be corrected sa
foliar fertilizer, fungicide and insecticides are made to be compatible,you will mix all of then and spray at once, because if you are spraying a big farm like i personally sprayed 15 knapsack on one acre on Saturday and nearly had hunch back you will understand the need to combine and apply everything at once and not to apply one after the other,and please forget about the under leafs application can work with backyard farm not on a big farm.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Victornezzar: 9:27pm On May 05, 2020
okoroemeka:
foliar fertilizer, fungicide and insecticides are made to be compatible,you will mix all of then and spray at once, because if you are spraying a big farm like i personally sprayed 15 knapsack on one acre on Saturday and nearly had hunch back you will understand the need to combine and apply everything at once and not to apply one after the other,and please forget about the under leafs application can work with backyard farm not on a big farm.
Thanks boss
So spraying on the top leaf is just the best

Which Foliar fertilizer, fungicide and insectides is the best to get
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 10:26pm On May 05, 2020
okoroemeka:
yes, still working perfectly no drip emitter blocked so far,the joy of using fertigation in crops like cucumbers is the flexibility it offers,you can use different fertlizer,compst tea, organic manure,etc,but the biggest surprise was the week we fertigated urea,I cannot believe it is possible for a crop to grow so fast,but the danger is more lush thick foliage and that is not what a cucumber farmer needs,we are drawing a master plan to utilize such result in a leafy vegetable like ugu during the dry season,we have a small control farm of 10 ugu plants that we will fertigate urea and see how nasty it can get.
Wow! Nice. Keep me updated.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 10:31pm On May 05, 2020
okoroemeka:
If u ever have a stubborn pest/disease problem, consider spraying under the leaves. I've came across a research where farmers have to combine 5 pesticides at high doses just to control whiteflies. But the researcher just used 1 pesticide at the right dose. He sprayed both under and on top of the leaves and got the same result those farmers got.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 10:33pm On May 05, 2020
Victornezzar:
I guess the 2nd option
. Ok. May be u need to repeat it again to be sure.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Victornezzar: 10:37pm On May 05, 2020
FarmTech:

Ok. May be u need to repeat it again to be sure.
Nooo

I was only telling you what the dude said... Not the one who quoted you
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 12:02am On May 06, 2020
FarmTech:

If u ever have a stubborn pest/disease problem, consider spraying under the leaves. I've came across a research where farmers have to combine 5 pesticides at high doses just to control whiteflies. But the researcher just used 1 pesticide at the right dose. He sprayed both under and on top of the leaves and got the same result those farmers got.
well,I know it is beneficial to also spray behind the leafs but with some crops it is simply impossible,like staked cucumbers can not be sprayed behind the leafs,only pepper, eggplant,etc are well positioned for such.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FMCASH(m): 7:52am On May 06, 2020
FarmTech:

Please did you know the single pesticide used?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 12:34pm On May 07, 2020
can wormforce replace furadan in tackling nematode
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 1:28pm On May 07, 2020
okoroemeka:
npk 151515,one plastic takeaway spoon per crop
can I and potassium sulphate at the same time when adding the npk
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 1:29pm On May 07, 2020
how many litre of water does a matured cucumber plant needs daily when watering it
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 1:57pm On May 07, 2020
can I use electrical conduit pipe for my drip irrigation (DIY) , seem that will be cheaper
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 2:00pm On May 07, 2020
can I use chicken manure all through the production cycle of cucumber? applying it before planting and reapplying it every 15 days because I have the manure in excess
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:09pm On May 07, 2020
aquadude15:
can wormforce replace furadan in tackling nematode
yes of course,wormforce I think will be a better alternative than furadan that is mixed sand,unscrupulous traders will definitely mix more sand than furadan
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:21pm On May 07, 2020
aquadude15:
how many litre of water does a matured cucumber plant needs daily when watering it
this is an interesting question, crop cucumber water needs vary according to weather, soil type and agronomy practices, during the hottest time of the dry season we irrigated fully grown fruitng crops for 20 mins using double emitter drip tapes (8 ltrs\hrs)which translates to roughly 2 ltrs per crop a day,but to achieve such short time irrigation the crops must be planted when the drips are running and every seed will be planted not more than 1-2 inches away from the drip point.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:30pm On May 07, 2020
aquadude15:
can I use electrical conduit pipe for my drip irrigation (DIY) , seem that will be cheaper
don't even try to waste your money, we have tried that conduit pipe,PVC pipes,flexible hose,all failed,WHY!,drip tapes have small emitters built into every drip point, it compensates the water pressure so if no 1 drip emitter is 8 ltr per hr,no 1500 emitter will also be 8 ltr per hr,but if you punch holes into pipes no 1 hole maybe dropping 20 ltrs per hr, number 500 will be dropping 5 ltr per hr while no 1000 will be dropping nothing.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:49pm On May 07, 2020
aquadude15:
can I use chicken manure all through the production cycle of cucumber? applying it before planting and reapplying it every 15 days because I have the manure in excess
yes you can use manure throughout, it will even give fantastic results because cucumbers simply love chicken manure,but there are things you have to plan pro actively before trying it out.(1)you have to plan your land preparation if using hole system or ridge to contain per plant the quantity of manure that will be applied,my rough calculation is 2 small painter size quantity of manure per plant throughout the growing season,which will leave you with no option but to use hole system that will be dugged to contain 3 painters of manure because 40% of the hole will be filled by sand and silt as time goes on.(2)plan for adequate manpower to help and do the work,applying ma are is 60-70℅ more difficult than applying NPK fertilizer.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:57pm On May 07, 2020
aquadude15:

can I and potassium sulphate at the same time when adding the npk
I don't think it is a good idea,using manures and fertilizers no matter its good intentions is still a plant stressor,npk and chicken manure not correctly applied can kill crops and mixing another type of fertilizer with NPK to apply is simply a recepie for disaster,give at least 7-11 days gap.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Ebbybam: 8:51am On May 08, 2020
Good morning house
This is my first time of cucumber farming
I want to ask it is advisable to plants cucumber Now, without irrigation? and it is compulsory to use chicken manure in a Virgin land for cucumber? I mean very fertile land

I'm in ondo state
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by OluchiDelly: 1:21pm On May 08, 2020
okoroemeka:
yes of course,wormforce I think will be a better alternative than furadan that is mixed sand,unscrupulous traders will definitely mix more sand than furadan
How much is wormforce sir?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.