Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,938 members, 7,810,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? (23933 Views)

Too Much Clubbing Is Killing Me, I Need Help / See What Lagos Olosho Wear Clubbing On Friday Nights / What I Found After Clubbing With Some Girls.”pls Don’t View If Your Eating “ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by AryEmber(f): 6:17pm On Nov 07, 2018
okwabayi:

...but have you gone clubbing before?
What could ever make me step into one?
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by AZeD1(m): 6:23pm On Nov 07, 2018
okwabayi:

I've done this multiple times and I enjoyed the place no different from when drunk.
I have actually slept in a club before.
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by okwabayi(m): 6:23pm On Nov 07, 2018
AryEmber:
I don't support drinking at all and my point is I do not you can go to a club just to drink water.
This notion is incorrect.
I have tried going to clubs with only a bottle of water in hand to see if I'll enjoy the experience less.
I enjoyed it anyway.
As people get wiser they learn tricks to bypass buying overpriced drinks in the club.
If going to clubs only to drink was their original aim then why not sneak their own bottles in to begin with?
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by AZeD1(m): 6:24pm On Nov 07, 2018
AryEmber:
Invitation from a friend...

Office hangout.....
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by okwabayi(m): 6:24pm On Nov 07, 2018
AryEmber:
Therein lies your many assumptions.
People who go clubbing are familiar with all the points I listed.
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by AryEmber(f): 6:29pm On Nov 07, 2018
AZeD1:
Invitation from a friend...
Office hangout.....
Thanks but that's not my way of having fun.
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by AryEmber(f): 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2018
okwabayi:

Therein lies your many assumptions.
People who go clubbing are familiar with all the points I listed.
I may never have stepped into one but I heard enough from people, watch enough movies, read how it goes in stories. I think it's only in your world people go to clubs just to dance and drink water
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by okwabayi(m): 6:37pm On Nov 07, 2018
AryEmber:
I may never have stepped into one but I heard enough from people, watch enough movies, read how it goes in stories. I think it's only in your world people go to clubs just to dance and drink water
All your points are moot after your admittance.
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by Enmas078(m): 6:40pm On Nov 07, 2018
I think you can go to club with a novel... That would be better... Lmao
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by sharpwriter(m): 6:48pm On Nov 07, 2018
safarigirl:
the way she is talking, you will think she is sinless

Na dem dey do the worst inside house.

Live and let live, no be say you go suffer for earth finish, still no make heaven. They are judging club goers and condemning them as immoral people, thereby act8ng exactly like the Pharisees that Jesus condemned. Most Christians today are just Pharisees

Hi sister, please...are you open to write a romance project? contact ASAP via whatsapp: 08060715059..........Thank you
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No clubbing doesn't make you a bad person.
It only opens your eye to the world of good and evil which was the same help the serpent in the garden of Eden wanted to render to Adam.

Such exposure is not bad despite that Eve was punished for it.

Besides, most of our moms met our dads in the club.

You smoke good Mary Jane
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by AryEmber(f): 7:13pm On Nov 07, 2018
okwabayi:

All your points are moot after your admittance.
The fallacy you've just committed is called "Argumentum Ad Hominien (Circumstantial)". It's an error in reasoning to say all my points are invalid only because I've not set foot in a club before. All the same sha, thanks for adding to my vocabulary, I just learnt the meaning of moot
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by uboma(m): 7:18pm On Nov 07, 2018
safarigirl:
I sincerely hope that all these people against clubbing have never engaged in pre-marital sex, nor masturbated, nor even lied, nor spoken ill of anyone.

You cannot say clubbing is a sin, while failing to note that any of the above things are also against the word of God.

I personally don't seethe purpose of clubbing because I dance to my own music at home and the idea of paying for drinks at exorbitant prices does not appeal to me, but it does not in any way make clubbing a bad thing.

There are more terrible human beings in your average Nigerian church than in any club. It is a means of having fun after a long week, people should not be castigated for that.

Some fake holy people are on this thread forming Deputy Jesus as if people who go clubbing are the worst.

Sensible comment so far on this thread.

Thank you jare!
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by uboma(m): 7:19pm On Nov 07, 2018
safarigirl:
the way she is talking, you will think she is sinless

Na dem dey do the worst inside house.

Live and let live, no be say you go suffer for earth finish, still no make heaven. They are judging club goers and condemning them as immoral people, thereby act8ng exactly like the Pharisees that Jesus condemned. Most Christians today are just Pharisees

You are on point.
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 07, 2018
AryEmber:

Can you prove that taking alcohol is bad? I mean prove. Not just parrot what a pastor told you. Do you know that the communion used by the catholic church is alcoholic? Stop being myopic.

1 Like

Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by okwabayi(m): 7:20pm On Nov 07, 2018
TimeMachine:

That is not true, an average clubber understands the spirit that comes with loud music, wonderful dance steps of happiness, the awkward movement of the limps, the forgetfulness of the illusion of suffering. The banishment of lonesomeness and the whirlpool of imagination that engulfs one with fullness of life.

Clubbing is an act of love to oneself and a celebration of oneness with sexy others, we are lost, almost always in the fantasy moments that we empty our purses as an indication, that nothing, absolutely nothing can stand on our way of egotistic happiness, not even our last cash. We spend it, knowing we can make it again.

That is why I recommend that we stay with champagne, a little retardant and a beautiful queen or two, that we take there out of love, not hitch-hiked.

Clubbing is an act of love to our physical erotic body. Being home is great, I own a garage bar in my home with a stripper pole, and I do invite strippers to come dance for me and my wife some days when we feel like, but going out there and seeing the latest dance steps, wakes up the sleeping giants in us. A giant that deserves to be awakened every other once in a while.

Life is actually not worth it without some of these crazy moments, on Earth.
Now these are the words of somebody who actually goes clubbing and enjoys it.
No matter the type of sound system one owns at home it always pales in comparison to the club experience. A friend told me this but I never believed him till it happened to me.
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by uboma(m): 7:30pm On Nov 07, 2018
AryEmber:
Listen to yourself, you'll go all the way from home to no other places but a club just to dance and drink water? That must be fun truly.

You lack exposure gal.

There are some persons who do not consume alcohol but when they visit the club, they settle for soft drinks or plain water.

Ordering for a bottle of water at a bar or club is not bad.

it is called "choice".

Since it sounds awkward to you, keep your reservation to yourself and stop hating those who do it.
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by GaggleNSwallow: 7:31pm On Nov 07, 2018
Yes.

Because you'll see half-náked women and have erection.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by AryEmber(f): 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2018
12inches1:

Can you prove that taking alcohol is bad? I mean prove. Not just parrot what a pastor told you. Do you know that the communion used by the catholic church is alcoholic? Stop being myopic.

I guess you did not read all my posts. I am a MUSLIM.
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by AryEmber(f): 7:49pm On Nov 07, 2018
uboma:

You lack exposure gal.

There are some persons who do not consume alcohol but when they visit the club, they settle for soft drinks or plain water.

Ordering for a bottle of water at a bar or club is not bad.

it is called "choice".

Since it sounds awkward to you, keep your reservation to yourself and stop hating those who do it.

Good Lord, you people are furstrating! I never EVER made any hate comment about people going to clubs, it's their lifes not mine. My point remains that clubbing is bad if it involves indecent dressing, drinking and sex!
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by uboma(m): 7:56pm On Nov 07, 2018
AryEmber:
Good Lord, you people are furstrating! I never EVER made any hate comment about people going to clubs, it's their lifes not mine. I said clubbing is only bad if it involves indecent dressing, drinking and sex!

You didn't need to spell it out as A.B.C.

The tone of your message is clear.

How about the church where some ladies wear skimpy clothes to reveal their curves? I guess th Church too is bad for condoning such.....

One can also drink and have sex at home.

People visit the club for various reasons.

Some are just there to network.

Some go there to unwind after a hard day/week.

Some also go there just to have first hand experience of the happenings in a club.
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by Akuruoulo(m): 7:57pm On Nov 07, 2018
I go to the club read my Bible
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by Akinwale14(m): 8:06pm On Nov 07, 2018
AryEmber:
Enlighten me pls. If you are not going to club to drink alcohol or for the ladies, what else is there to do in the club.
To observe
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by adegeye38(m): 8:07pm On Nov 07, 2018
generationz:
can the holy spirit dwell or operate in a club house?

many Christians don't even understand who they became when they gave their lives to Christ , that's why they get confused with flimsy things like this.
Depends on your purpose of visit to the club, the holy spirit dwells in you, not outside of you

1 Like

Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by daveP(m): 8:13pm On Nov 07, 2018
AZeD1:

Bros stop deceiving yourself. I have seen people go to church to because of girls. Heck in my days in the uni, boys used to go to churches were first timers are given food during the broke periods.

As for intent in club, [b]Lots of people go to clubs to Dance[\b] and nothing in the bible condemns dancing.

Like someone said earlier, people like you would have crucified Jesus for hanging out with a prostitute and you would have justified it with "What does a righteous man want with a prostitute"?
You were fast to attack the boldened but didn't you see in my next paragraph the part I acknowledged the fact that people go to church for different reasons as well?

Haba na. Don't be like this.

Im still on the mindset that Christ came for sinners, he associated with them but didn't do the things they do. Don't use our very Savior to justify Iniquity and sinful acts. That's the line there.

As for your boldened, do you think I'm a fool that would swallow that hook line and sinker? Lol Nice try there.

You rather should stop deceiving yourself, and seek the truth and act on it.

Your first paragraph about First timers is common everywhere and we know it's being abused so that's not relevant to the club going issue here.
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by daveP(m): 8:22pm On Nov 07, 2018
Still on intent here, Lot and his family were in Sodom and Gomorrah where different kinds of stuff like seen in the club were done(I know it's way too high a comparism, but we know similar stuff do happen in both)

Lot and his family tried hard to ensure there was no influence in the midst of these people that made God to send angels to burn the city.

But Lot could only try cos influence had gotten to both his wife and his daughters. Lot must have been a very pious and strong hearted fellow to not allow such acts influence him.

So unless you're like Lot, you'll just turn out the way his wife and kids turned out if you go clubbing often.

The Bible that most of you are quoting also said Avoid all similarities of evil or sin.

How about not Conforming to the world.
Question is Salt should maintain it status as salt and not mingle with any other flavour that would tarnish it's taste.

Some are giving the devil a chance to tempt them right in his own domain. Hey, Jesus was in his own fasting and praying domain when Devil came to tempt him and he won. So follow your Saviour's steps.

Comments I'm seeing are really showing that He is just Saviour to them, and not yet Lord and Master!!!!
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by AZeD1(m): 8:24pm On Nov 07, 2018
daveP:
You were fast to attack the boldened but didn't you see in my next paragraph the part I acknowledged the fact that people go to church for different reasons as well?

Haba na. Don't be like this.

Im still on the mindset that Christ came for sinners, he associated with them but didn't do the things they do. Don't use our very Savior to justify Iniquity and sinful acts. That's the line there.

As for your boldened, do you think I'm a fool that would swallow that hook line and sinker? Lol Nice try there.

You rather should stop deceiving yourself, and seek the truth and act on it.

Your first paragraph about First timers is common everywhere and we know it's being abused so that's not relevant to the club going issue here.
Dancing is not a sin and YES a whole lot of people go to clubs to dance.
Drinks are very expensive in clubs that's why people drink in bars before they go clubbing(I have been to clubs in 4 different continents and this happened).

Also, everything that happens in a club happens in a house so if clubbing is a sin then having a house is a sin unless your own brand of Christianity classifies sin based on the location it happens.
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by daveP(m): 8:27pm On Nov 07, 2018
AZeD1:

Dancing is not a sin and YES a whole lot of people go to clubs to dance.
Drinks are very expensive in clubs that's why people drink in bars before they go clubbing(I have been to clubs in 4 different continents and this happened).

Also, everything that happens in a club happens in a house so if clubbing is a sin then having a house is a sin unless your own brand of Christianity classifies sin based on the location it happens.
Thanks alot for your time. Seems we can't really have a honeys conversation here. I really appreciate.
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by generationz(f): 8:29pm On Nov 07, 2018
adegeye38:

Depends on your purpose of visit to the club, the holy spirit dwells in you, not outside of you

and so how nice of you to take to where he won't feel comfortable

Except you go there to win souls of course.

Any other thing is against his person and your body ( his temple)
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by AZeD1(m): 8:29pm On Nov 07, 2018
daveP:
Still on intent here, Lot and his family were in Sodom and Gomorrah where different kinds of stuff like seen in the club were done(I know it's way too high a comparism, but we know similar stuff do happen in both)

Lot and his family tried hard to ensure there was no influence in the midst of these people that made God to send angels to burn the city.

But Lot could only try cos influence had gotten to both his wife and his daughters. Lot must have been a very pious and strong hearted fellow to not allow such acts influence him.

So unless you're like Lot, you'll just turn out the way his wife and kids turned out if you go clubbing often.

Can you point out one thing that happens in a club that doesn't happen in a Public university?
Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by daveP(m): 8:29pm On Nov 07, 2018
donnie:
No it doesn't, but its not for born again Christians.

Here is my final verdict!!!

1 Like

Re: Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? by AZeD1(m): 8:30pm On Nov 07, 2018
daveP:
Thanks alot for your time. Seems we can't really have a honeys conversation here. I really appreciate.

Do you want a honest conversation or do you want me to just agree with what you say?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pre-wedding Pictures Of Nairaland Forum Members / A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies / Nigerian Men Reveal The Weirdest Things They Experienced During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.