Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country (50627 Views)

No Gree For Anybody: Now See This, Na Your Lane, You Go Gree? (pics) / If You Have Families Who Depend On You, Traveling Abroad Is Not Worth It / Canada Desperate To Stop Nigerians From Coming To The Country-SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:36pm On Nov 19, 2018
aforosco:
Eeya sorry ooo.
I have a blood sister abroad in New York to be exact.

When she got to US she told me even without asking that my kid bro don't worry when way open for me eh.Consider your case done.Start looking for schools in America and Canada I will sponsor you. It is more than 4 years now the only thing I got was 19k8(Corper's alawee). and getting to 2 yrs now we don't talk to each other just because I saw I was the one mostly doing the calling and it looks like I am a parasite. My blood sister oo.Since May 2017.I made up my mind I won't call her again and she also didn't bother ring my phone. But the good thing about life is that I have gotten another person that told me to go get foreign admission of my choice he will bankroll it.This person isn't my blood sef.

So man move on and behave like he doesn't exist.
God will make way for you
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Alezy(m): 9:36pm On Nov 19, 2018
tamethem:

My advice to you is that you should act as if those guys that are abroad don't exist. Many of them are scared of the people over here because some lazy family members and friends demand from them often. But they should not be avoiding every other person with genuine intention.

Guy I have learnt some lessons that I would want you to learn too.

When friends and family abroad call you and they ask you How you are doing, If you love to keep talking to them and still be on their call list, no matter what you are going through, tell them you are fine. I am good, even if you haven't eaten for days.

If you tell them your true situation some might help and cut you off later or some won't even help and still cut you off.

So the best way to still remain on their call list is always telling them you are OK. otherwise you would sound like a beggar.

I've got about three brothers abroad, I don't call them at all except on the 31st of December to say happy new year, by that they respect you.

I have lots of friends that I have blocked both on whatsapp and Facebook. once I see that you are mis interpreting my saying Hi as a style of getting something from you, I kuku ma block you so that you will have peace of mind.

By the time your eye don clear and you wan say Hi, I don already block you.

So work hard, look for opportunities and use them , become somebody and they are the ones that will be asking ppl for your number.
God bless u for this advice to him.

4 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by gidjah(m): 9:37pm On Nov 19, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
this is the eight years he has left ... mine is just to say hi
bros most of the! Are scum bag and big time scams.once they get there like Our politicians, they block out !! Though I have lots of people (brothers and students )over there ,I yet won't condescend from !y Olympian height of excellence to go calling any for assistance .Been there mum self on several occasions so no big deal jare!.Wallahi 95%of dem no too get joy out there. Sef
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by myk2mic: 9:38pm On Nov 19, 2018
Guy don't be decieved, it's not easy over there especially wen u travel with tourist visa, will take long to get a job which at best is just to help u survive, not until you r able to get papers especially thru marriage can u breathe a sign of relief, that can take a year or more.
So no blame the bros, he is probably feeling the pain of being abroad.

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by SirLakes: 9:39pm On Nov 19, 2018
abbey621:

You called this person a friend and even brother. Do you do favors for your friends or family in expectation of a reward? The guy might actually be living a hellish life abroad and might even end up borrowing money just to send to his GF because that is where all his hopes lies. Just thank God you are not the type to depend on a friend before you survive!

On point....
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by sekundosekundo: 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
really... how guy please gist me
Beautyaddy:

Lol!...very bad assumption to say the least.

Some people just choose to not send money to some people in Nigeria because some believe that total cost of expenses and living in Nigeria is waay cheaper than residing abroad.

I have some family members in Middlesex, the two of them have lived beyond 40yrs in the UK, I also have some friends there too. These people can disappoint....I don't want to share my experiences with them here. The day I visited the most senior of them (my aunt) I was shocked how wealthy they're but the chose not to help when an orphan like me needed them most but thank God that all na history today. 60% of Nigerians in London are stingy.

18 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by chiboy1116: 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Dear Handsomeyitayo,

I can tell you are in pain.
The problem is, you are a potential leech and your brother in his wisdom has seen this and has cut you off before you push him into trouble.

Do you know folks like you who have lofty assumptions and make hefty demands from relatives abroad are the cause of the crimes Nigerians commit abroad just to meet up with your expectations.

It is not your business if his girlfriend is fvcking around, neither is it your business if he sends her money.
The only allegiance your brother owes you is NOTHING. He is not obliged to keep in touch with you.

It is sad that the okirika winter jacket and used shoe you gave him is the bargaining chip to your emotional blackmail.

Ogbeni,
Don't be a beggar. Hustle for yourself and expect nothing from anyone. If you think life is easy outside Nigeria, go get yourself a passport then a visa and travel.
Better still, you can cross from Libya to Italy so that you can join to pluck money from the trees and send back to everyone who ever said hi to you back in Nigeria.

Till you do that.
Don't judge, don't beg, throw away your sense of entitlement and be happy.

Yours truly,
NwaAmaikpe.
why are you so wise ? grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Alezy(m): 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Dear Handsomeyitayo,

The problem is, you are a potential leech and your brother in his wisdom has seen this and has cut you off before you push him into trouble.

Do you know folks like you who have lofty assumptions and make hefty demands from relatives abroad are the cause of the crimes Nigerians commit abroad just to meet up with your expectations.

It is not your business if his girlfriend is fvcking around, neither is it your business if he sends her money.
The only allegiance your brother owes you is NOTHING. He is not obliged to keep in touch with you.

It is sad that the okirika winter jacket and used shoe you gave him is the bargaining chip to your emotional blackmail.

Ogbeni,
Don't be a beggar. Hustle for yourself and expect nothing from anyone. If you think life is easy outside Nigeria, go get yourself a passport then a visa and travel.
Better still, you can cross from Libya to Italy so that you can join to pluck money from the trees and send back to everyone who ever said hi to you back in Nigeria.

Till you do that.

Yours truly,
NwaAmaikpe.
u passed a good message in a very wrong manner. U re so very stupid for this.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by translux(m): 9:43pm On Nov 19, 2018
Even the one within the country is useless
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 19, 2018
GavelSlam:
The truth is you guys bother them too much.

2 months might be premature for one to act the way you've described but it is quite scary how many of you act.

Should he get on Facebook, within minutes, sometimes seconds, he'll get pings and buzzes.

Most times, it's all about what he can send to the "friend".

Just this year I’ve been asked for help by up to 15 total strangers on here and three fools on Twitter.

I mean stone cold and complete total stranger that I’ve never chatted with.

I do consider myself a mini philanthropist, but I have specific and strict structure that I follow. If you’re on the internet you’ve struck out.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Daboomb: 9:44pm On Nov 19, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
There was this brother of mine who is my landlord then during my school days. He told me he needed to travel out of the country, though his junior sister stays in London, he wanted to use that influence to travel out.

The day came when he is about going, he got his visa, he showed me and he said to me if he gets there that he will not disappoint me that I should not worry ...

Though he is managing too, his sister sent him money for travelling and processing of the visa. He told me to dash him my suit and winter coat also one of my shoe of which I did. He is very local and not sociable.. It was the suit I gave him and my shoe he wore to UK.

When he got to UK, two Months later I heard that he sent money to his girlfriend and that one is just fuckinng around.

Fastfoward to this time i sent him messages on Facebook just to say hi and to know hope he is doing well. He did not reply but he saw my messages. Llater again I resend him message he told me that he will block me. He pretended as if he doesn't know me. This is the brother that do borrow Maggie and salt whenever he wants to cook or even beg me for soup.....

My intention is to greet him not demanding money from him. But now is it a crime to say hello because you stay in UK or Yankee? I don't know why people staying abroad always change their attitude whenever they travel out of the country.....

Please Share your experiences

When you do good to others, it is not compulsory that it is the same person that will repay you!
Just do good and forget about it, your reward will be in multiples from sources you dont even know about.
But when you do good and you ocme online to rake like your life depends on it, you have recieved your reward already.

You dont even know the kind of life the guy has been going through.....maybe he just got out of jail in the last few days and managed to come online and the next thing that surface is "one of his creditors' who borrowred him one yeye suit and okrika shoe! shocked shocked grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Tellemall: 9:45pm On Nov 19, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
when he borrowed it..he was promising me but I never bothered..I wish him well..but me I kukuma won say hello..he will neglect me..so nah so human beings dey

You were the friend to him. He was just using you. Now he's avoiding you so that you will not get the chance to publicly or privately remind him of the favor you did him.

Don't blame him. Nigerians feel people are always after their money and that is why they commit crimes to make money so that they can feel Superior to other people.

Once they go outside their country they feel they have bills like nobody else in the world.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 19, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
There was this brother of mine who is my landlord then during my school days. He told me he needed to travel out of the country, though his junior sister stays in London, he wanted to use that influence to travel out.

The day came when he is about going, he got his visa, he showed me and he said to me if he gets there that he will not disappoint me that I should not worry ...

Though he is managing too, his sister sent him money for travelling and processing of the visa. He told me to dash him my suit and winter coat also one of my shoe of which I did. He is very local and not sociable.. It was the suit I gave him and my shoe he wore to UK.

When he got to UK, two Months later I heard that he sent money to his girlfriend and that one is just fuckinng around.

Fastfoward to this time i sent him messages on Facebook just to say hi and to know hope he is doing well. He did not reply but he saw my messages. Llater again I resend him message he told me that he will block me. He pretended as if he doesn't know me. This is the brother that do borrow Maggie and salt whenever he wants to cook or even beg me for soup.....

My intention is to greet him not demanding money from him. But now is it a crime to say hello because you stay in UK or Yankee? I don't know why people staying abroad always change their attitude whenever they travel out of the country.....

Please Share your experiences

It’s not a crime for you to say and it’s not a crime for him to not reciprocate.

Too much begi begi going on.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:46pm On Nov 19, 2018
Alezy:
u passed a good message in a very wrong manner. U re so very stupid for this.
thank you ..he doesn't understand ..am not a beggar am working and living fine...I am just saying why will you assist someone before he traveled out and on getting there ... they start behaving funny

3 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by deebrownneymar: 9:48pm On Nov 19, 2018
OP that's life for you. Just move on.
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:48pm On Nov 19, 2018
Olarewaju89:

You must be wicked somebody i swear! How can you be talking gibberish from your mouth? You better change your attitudes please.
thank you jaare
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Atiku007: 9:49pm On Nov 19, 2018
Don't bother too much on the unknown focus on what you can do for yourself. cheesy
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by ronaldbecky(m): 9:49pm On Nov 19, 2018
GavelSlam:

2 months might be premature for one to act the way you've described but it is quite scary how many of you act.

Should he get on Facebook, within minutes, sometimes seconds, he'll get pings and buzzes.

shut up there,bt 2 month is mature to send his bae some money abi...d hope are asking or begging bt want 2 know how he doing.na ona type wey dey women dey use do maga don pay..

2 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Shikena(m): 9:49pm On Nov 19, 2018
aforosco:
Eeya sorry ooo.
I have a blood sister abroad in New York to be exact.

When she got to US she told me even without asking that my kid bro don't worry when way open for me eh.Consider your case done.Start looking for schools in America and Canada I will sponsor you. It is more than 4 years now the only thing I got was 19k8(Corper's alawee). and getting to 2 yrs now we don't talk to each other just because I saw I was the one mostly doing the calling and it looks like I am a parasite. My blood sister oo.Since May 2017.I made up my mind I won't call her again and she also didn't bother ring my phone. But the good thing about life is that I have gotten another person that told me to go get foreign admission of my choice he will bankroll it.This person isn't my blood sef.

So man move on and behave like he doesn't exist.
Don't blame your sister until you know the full gist. When you talk to your sister, do you ask her how things are going for her out there letting her know that you are aware of what people go through before settling down? For once, make the conversion all about her and her well-being. People abroad often tend to protect family members from the pains of what they are going through. Same way our parents do when they are in pains. Your sister is probably waiting for the time when she overcomes her present situation to have a heart-to-heart talk on what she went through - not a good idea but that is often the reality. Fellas, getting US document is no joke and that is just part 1 of the struggle. She might open up if she knows that you can handle the truth, and that will surely help her in dealing with the challenges until the rewards start coming - for most abroad, the rewards definitely come in waves! It might take time.
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Alezy(m): 9:50pm On Nov 19, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
thank you ..he doesn't understand ..am not a beggar am working and living fine...I am just saying why will you assist someone before he traveled out and on getting there ... they start behaving funny
the behavior is cos of same reason some guys comments out there.

Its as if when u try to reach out, u automatically want something. Very wrong mentality

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Shikena(m): 9:50pm On Nov 19, 2018
ronaldbecky:
shut up there,bt 2 month is mature to send his bae some money abi...d hope are asking or begging bt want 2 know how he doing.na ona type wey dey women dey use do maga don pay..
It might not be true that he sent money to his bae.

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by ronaldbecky(m): 9:50pm On Nov 19, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
this is the eight years he has left ... mine is just to say hi
imagine...
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Jummy183: 9:53pm On Nov 19, 2018
You will not understand until you are here

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Dear Handsomeyitayo,

Ogbeni,

Till you do that.

Yours truly,
NwaAmaikpe.

you people are just judging matters base on your personality ...
someone you speak with everytime when he was in nigeria, suddenly he travels abroad n buzzing him up after 2weeks becomes a crime ... what da fvck his wrong with you people.
Even if he had ask him for help , how is that a crime, same way he walked up to him n explained he had no shoes & coat without shame, why not explain to him same way you aint bust-up to help ... if he doesnt understand that is his prob.
The only reason the wealth guys remain richer is becos they help one another ... its synonmous to investing in one another ... olamide paid 3m for the video that brought skales back to lime light ..
i also believe in hustle for yourself, nobody owes you shit mantra .. thats y i wonnt even call my 100s of friends to say hello in the 1st place .... but i understand asking for help doesnt make you beggar, as long as you have an objective.
there is no joy greater than seeing ur ordinary 5h or 1k puttin smile on human faces ... its last more than the joy you feel when you cum ..

meanwhile dnnt get it twisted nobody owes you shit not even ur parent ... find the right cliq n hustle hard .... you go dey ok. smiley

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 19, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
see brother you don't get me am not begging money from him..it has been eight years now ..I just want to say hi to him...he always turn off from Chatting him .. have never ask of money God sees my heart am working so why will I depend on him...my own is to say hi....

Na you get time to be explaining to this guy called NwaAmaikpe.

He is one guy on nairaland that doesnt reason before typing.

Out of about 1000 comments in a year just about three or four would make some sense.

I read his judgement on you like having my mouth agape.

He feels on top of the world spewing nonsense.

Follow my advice. Ignore your so call brother, not him alone and your friends abroad. Block those blockable both on WhatsApp and Facebook.

Face your life squarely, look for opportunities , take and use them, making something good out of your life with faith in God. And watch if the same people that ignored you won't look for you.

Its annoying when you call to say Hi and some guys feel you want to beg like some other ppl.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by imam07: 9:54pm On Nov 19, 2018
GavelSlam:

is like u are like one of those guys d poster complains about. Get wht d poster said. He said he only said hi. He did not ask him 4 money.

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:55pm On Nov 19, 2018
tamethem:

Na you get time to be explaining to this guy called NwaAmaikpe.

He is one guy on nairaland that doesnt reason before typing.

Out of about 1000 comments in a year just about three or four would make some sense.

I read his judgement on you like having my mouth agape.

He feels on top of the world spewing nonsense.

Follow my advice. Ignore your so call brother, not him alone and your friends abroad. Block those blockable both on WhatsApp and Facebook.

Face your life squarely, look for opportunities , take and use them, making something good out of your life with faith in God. And watch if the same people that ignored you won't look for you.

Its annoying when you call to say Hi and some guys feel you want to beg like some other ppl.

thank you bro..God bless you..one love bro..

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by OlujobaSamuel: 9:55pm On Nov 19, 2018
I have some sec sch mates like that, they were just forming as if person wan beg them for money, me sef no com send anyone again, that one of them that we were not even too close while in sch was the one even reporting me to a friend that I dont usually respond to his chats(e no know sey i don get experience), but i noticed that he dey follow up on we his padi back home, so i apologised and we dey roll as e suppose be.
Lanre(aka Obo/Monkey), USI 06, i salute you bro. you no be like some pikin

6 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Analysiscorner: 9:56pm On Nov 19, 2018
Sorry, Bro. His attitude showed arrogance, but rest assured that he doesn't know tomorrow, and that should your situation improves, he will be the one that will be disturbing you.
You don't need to holler at him again.
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Tmemzi: 9:56pm On Nov 19, 2018
Savage!
sassysure:
Two months and you are already hyped because he sent money to a non significant person.
When will u guys change.
This is exactly the reason they block u guys or refuse to call.
I'm still waiting for that person that will just end it in exchanging pleasantries.

At two months the guy may not have started work.
The sis is still taking care of him. Sis is yet to recoup back money spent.
You didn't actually help him from your heart.
U helped him with the intention of gaining and was taken aback when he gave something to his girlfriend first before you.

Go and buy another shoe or jacket and stop sounding like an immature kid.

See sense of entitlement already bc you gave him shoe and jacket.
If the girl fucck around like u said, is it your biz?
Amebo

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by GavelSlam: 9:57pm On Nov 19, 2018
ronaldbecky:

As you old reach you never sabi decorum.

See your ugly picture.

Na for your body #EndSARS start?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Gifts Keke To A Bike Rider Who Used To Carry Him Free & On Credit (Photos) / See The List Of The 5 Busiest Roads In Nigeria. / Pictures Of The Road Infrastructures Governor Adeleke Built In The Last 6 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.