Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Does Toasting Still Work These Days? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Toasting Still Work These Days? (14230 Views)

Oath-taking: Does It Really Work These Days? / 3 Things To Avoid When Toasting A Girl / Ten (10) Rules To Keep A Man Of These Days!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by papa190(m): 4:24pm On Jul 27, 2010
Meldrick:

Ahhhh o ma se oooo. It's a pity. So u are still glued to this Robin Hood kind of love.
Guy, when a girl agrees to date you, do not think you are a good toaster or because you have lyrics. Na lie. She has sized your pocket and realized you can take care of her immediate needs.

Talking of been by her all times and capturing her heart might be temporary but you should have the Benjamin to take her to the movies, the nice joints in town, money for her hair, money for her to buy some good clothes so she can say when with her friends'' my boyfriend bought this for me''.
Guy without those, (ha ha ha) she will find that your recommended Robin Hood love boring and irritating.

and u forgot to add money for suya,chicken and vanilla ice-cream grin grin
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Brownteeth(m): 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2010
@papa190. You are still insisting on this spending thing? Shame no dey catch you say without money no woman for you? Is that where your hope entirely rests?
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by papa190(m): 4:42pm On Jul 27, 2010
^^
Its like 4 bolts loose comot 4rm your head~
we are in the 21st century and the ladies are way smarter
so you have 2 play smart with them,
Im not talking about  me alone.im talking about the general Man-kind race
and i have tons of other guyz to back me up on this.[size=4pt]Pity u cant afford this cars~[/size]
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Vquest(m): 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2010
papa190:

^^
Its like 4 bolts loose comot 4rm your head~
we are in the 21st century and the ladies are way smarter
so you have 2 play smart with them,
Im not talking about  me alone.im talking about the general Man-kind race
and i have tons of other guyz to back me up on this.[size=4pt]Pity u cant afford this cars~[/size]

I'm not one those guys backing you on this.
I spend money on a woman for her birthday or Valentine's day. That's it.
If I wanted a LovePeddler, I'd just go find one and pay her that one time and be done with it.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by papa190(m): 4:58pm On Jul 27, 2010
^^
grin grin
u make me laff,
so u only spend on your GF on valentine days and thats it~
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by cold(m): 4:59pm On Jul 27, 2010
Vquest:

I'm not one those guys backing you on this.
I spend money on a woman for her birthday or Valentine's day. That's it.
If I wanted a LovePeddler, I'd just go find one and pay her that one time and be done with it.
Bottomline:You spend money,need i say more.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Faher(m): 5:04pm On Jul 27, 2010
I think the concept of getting women is being misunderstood

If all you have is swagga and good way of talking, you'll surely get girls but only at a slow rate. You might only get the low-level ones too

If you've got the dough and car, you'll be getting them in droves without talking much. You'll surely get the prettiest ones.
This doesn't mean you have to spend on them. In most cases, your money becomes the attraction.
Many girls can f3ck you in a posh car or posh apartment in exchange for a ride and some tasty lunch. That way, you lose nothing.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by cold(m): 5:07pm On Jul 27, 2010
Faher:

If you've got the dough and car, you'll be getting them in droves without talking much. You'll surely get the prettiest ones.
This doesn't mean you have to spend on them. In most cases, your money becomes the attraction.
Many girls can f3ck you in a posh car or posh apartment in exchange for a ride and some tasty lunch. That way, you lose nothing.
Gbam!!!That's the whole summary of this debate.Most times you discover it's even difficult to make a move on the opposite s*x without the proper financial backing.Money is like the sixth sense,you can't make use of the other five without it.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by steve49ja(m): 5:09pm On Jul 27, 2010
No money. . .no romance soup we sweet na money kill am no better way to explain topic.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by FBS: 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2010
Money Money Money. . .
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by mecussey(m): 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2010
I ve noticed that too; toasting don't work this days; you only get mocked at or they d show contempt. You better put your mind on your money, dress well, eat well and live well, you know what I mean't, surely they would come around. Testimony, I ve got some of them without even saying anything or aproaching
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by papa190(m): 5:13pm On Jul 27, 2010
^^
Now these are the 21st century guyz talkin

~Grinning~
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2010
una no go kill me here grin grin grin

@papa190
ol boy wan kill me wit laffter. i dey feel u jare

papa190:

^^
grin grin
u make me laff,
so u only spend on your GF on valentine days and thats it~

i wonder o! ol boy u stingy o!

yusuf_@:

But just when i pull up with my 2011 Sports Range Rover, all your being by her side, assisting her, and her nursing feeling 4 u would just evaporate into the AC outlet of my car.

tell d guy. at every point in time, women want 2 types of boyfriends

1. the one to shower them with TLC which is where apparently skillcano falls into------------------responsibility---spend quality time with her GISTING
2. the one to do the servicing of parts while loverboy in 1. above dreams on.------------------------responsibility---spend, oppress and BANG! BANG!
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by sylve11: 5:25pm On Jul 27, 2010
Faher:

I think the concept of getting women is being misunderstood

If all you have is swagga and good way of talking, you'll surely get girls but only at a slow rate. You might only get the low-level ones too

oboy u too much grin cool
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Moralistli(m): 5:30pm On Jul 27, 2010
They have often said 2 me, even when in just a kilometer away ''plz baby come n' pick me 'cos flyin okada is damn risky. And i 'd smile and conclude it's ur way (women folks)

check d numerous posts so far and u 'll discovered that minority indeed had it's say whilst majority is leading, that tells how gud they feel when u give dem gud ride, we know how our society functions!

If money answereth all calls n' commands variety, then why d much ado,

Even in d states,,,, u hear G-UNIT men talkin abt Cadilac n' other rides, Cmon dude, swagger n' exotic machines are d in thing!
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Adegokenath(m): 5:31pm On Jul 27, 2010
Money matter
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Adegokenath(m): 5:32pm On Jul 27, 2010
Money matter
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Redman44(m): 5:33pm On Jul 27, 2010
While I agree with all what you've said so far, I still believe toasting works these days. I agree that most ladies go after guys with a lot of money. I also agree that dressing well and having a nice car can bring the girls to you like ants are attracted to sugar. However, there are some exceptions to the rule. There are some women that are not moved by what you've got or the designer clothes you've got. These ladies still want you to declare your honest intentions to them. It is not all women that can be gotten by flashy things. Some years ago, there was this girl in journalism school back in Lagos. She was really pretty and light skinned and the guys were scrambling to date her. However, this lady rebuffed their attention and got close to a guy that was considered a geek and a nobody. What I'm trying to say is that some women [ about 5% of women ] see beyond the glittering cars, cash and clothes. Honestly, I've come across such women. And it is not all of this species of women that are Spiri-Konko people o wink wink They are just lovable ladies. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Adegokenath(m): 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2010
Money matter
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Vquest(m): 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2010
mekula:

@papa190

1. the one to shower them with TLC which is where apparently skillcano falls into------------------responsibility---spend quality time with her GISTING
2. the one to do the servicing of parts while loverboy in 1. above dreams on.------------------------responsibility---spend, oppress and BANG! BANG!

mekula:

@papa190

mekula:

@papa190

mekula:

@papa190

I don't spend on my girl because she's the one who's got all the money. But I give it to her good--I make her feel special.
there's no shame in my game, fella.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by saviola77(m): 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2010
cold:

Gbam!!!That's the whole summary of this debate.Most times you discover it's even difficult to make a move on the opposite s*x without the proper financial backing.Money is like the sixth sense,you can't make use of the other five without it.
true!

even the ladies will tell you that their ideal man must among other things be rich/ generous (this i think is what they look out for mostly). no matter how good looking (they mention this all the time - they sure don't stick to it though) the guy is, they will follow him as long as there is free cash up for grabs. and yea! the car thing works.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by papa190(m): 5:36pm On Jul 27, 2010
Vquest:

I don't spend on my girl because she's the one who's got all the money. But I give it to her good--I make her feel special.
there's no shame in my game, fella.
Abeg use robe tie your mouth dont let people hear~
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by papa190(m): 5:38pm On Jul 27, 2010
Redman44:

While I agree with all what you've said so far, I still believe toasting works these days. I agree that most ladies go after guys with a lot of money. I also agree that dressing well and having a nice car can bring the girls to you like ants are attracted to sugar. However, there are some exceptions to the rule. There are some women that are not moved by what you've got or the designer clothes you've got. These ladies still want you to declare your honest intentions to them. It is not all women that can be gotten by flashy things. Some years ago, there was this girl in journalism school back in Lagos. She was really pretty and light skinned and the guys were scrambling to date her. However, this lady rebuffed their attention and got close to a guy that was considered a geek and a nobody. What I'm trying to say is that some women [ about 5% of women ] see beyond the glittering cars, cash and clothes. Honestly, I've come across such women. And it is not all of this species of women that are Spiri-Konko people o wink wink They are just lovable ladies. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com

and i am glad to tell you that here in Nigeria such women are not even more than 10 in the whole country!!
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Exposedme: 5:42pm On Jul 27, 2010
They have gone.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by FBS: 5:43pm On Jul 27, 2010
papa190:

and i am glad to tell you that here in Nigeria such women are not even more than 10 in the whole country!!
shocked
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Faher(m): 5:43pm On Jul 27, 2010
^^^ Haha, they're much more than 10, but I get your point.

Redman44:

While I agree with all what you've said so far, I still believe toasting works these days. I agree that most ladies go after guys with a lot of money. I also agree that dressing well and having a nice car can bring the girls to you like ants are attracted to sugar. However, there are some exceptions to the rule. There are some women that are not moved by what you've got or the designer clothes you've got. These ladies still want you to declare your honest intentions to them. It is not all women that can be gotten by flashy things. Some years ago, there was this girl in journalism school back in Lagos. She was really pretty and light skinned and the guys were scrambling to date her. [b]However, this lady rebuffed their attention and got close to a guy that was considered a geek and a nobody. [/b]What I'm trying to say is that some women [ about 5% of women ] see beyond the glittering cars, cash and clothes. Honestly, I've come across such women. And it is not all of this species of women that are Spiri-Konko people o wink wink They are just lovable ladies. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com

You're still getting it wrong. She got close to him because he was brainy. And I'll bet she got her 2.1 by sticking close to him
After that, you'd see her next with an Alhaji
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by papa190(m): 5:48pm On Jul 27, 2010
^^
DEATH
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by yme1(f): 5:48pm On Jul 27, 2010
maybe it does, but for me i think that doesnt exist cheesy
start a conversation with if we click you gat me cause the rest is history  cheesy
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Vquest(m): 5:54pm On Jul 27, 2010
papa190:

Abeg use robe tie your mouth dont let people hear~
grin grin
This is the 21st century, papa. And I'm a 21st century guy. If a woman wants to buy me nice things, I let her.
If she has the means, who am I to say, "no don't buy me that 52 inch LCD, or the persian carpet? I'm very
realitstic; after all I'm giving her something that she needs.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by papa190(m): 5:57pm On Jul 27, 2010
^^
U too like to satisfy her bedwise
ure always insistin on that~
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Elpieda: 5:57pm On Jul 27, 2010
Its amazing and sad that I can hardly read any comment from any lady, Its really sad, So are the ladies agreeing to the fact that they are extremely MATERIALISTIC?As a Nigerian woman I beg to differ. My man did not have to bring no car or whatever to woo me, In fact we both met while we were washing our clothes and he toasted me right there and then, how about that, Women please please and please, money aint everything, character is what matters, i guess people are different sha,

1 Like

Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Vquest(m): 5:59pm On Jul 27, 2010
y me:

maybe it does, but for me i think that doesnt exist cheesy
start a conversation with if we click you gat me cause the rest is history  cheesy

Ok, then! let's start a conversation. Where the heck is Apiary? Is that in Ibadan? or outside of Nija---Mauritius, perhaps?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Let's Create New Relationships: Romanceland Matchmaking Thread / I Will Treat Any Girl That Date Me Because Of Money Like Dog. / MISS NL Nominees So Far (critical Analysis Of Each Nominee)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.