Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,232 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Marriage Gone Wrong - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Gone Wrong (43949 Views)

Butt Surgery Gone Wrong As Lady Cries Out In Pain. / Parenting Gone Wrong. 9 Years Old Slay Queen / Extramarital Affairs Gone Wrong! A Comrade Has Fallen! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Toluchenko(m): 10:23pm On Dec 09, 2018
Staceyjohnsn:
Hi,
Can you please contact me via this email Stacey.johnsn@yahoo..com

Pls be careful with those asking you for your contact. #ThisIsNigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by destinychildolu(m): 10:23pm On Dec 09, 2018
doctorkush:
i am single and ready to marry cheesy ...
Don't you smell scam? Stacey johson
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Injiggerwolf(m): 10:24pm On Dec 09, 2018
Hg
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 09, 2018
Staceyjohnsn:
Hi,
Can you please contact me via this email Stacey.johnsn@yahoo..com
I'm available for marriage if you are God fearing cool
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by saajus: 10:24pm On Dec 09, 2018
Although, we've not heard from the other side but if this is what happened, that guy is really wicked. Get a good lawyer and you will be free.Enjoy ur life and be careful next time you want to give marriage a shot.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by destinychildolu(m): 10:25pm On Dec 09, 2018
Am I the only one smelling Scam here?

11 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 09, 2018
Also, be careful of people who are saying they want to help. Don't go and pay owo omo go o. Hustle is real for this Xmas time.

Staceyjohnsn:
Hi,

Please I need some information.

I’m from London. My boyfriend and I were both living in London until he was deported back to Nigeria. We dated for 2 years so due to love we continued dating. We eventually got married two years later in a registry in Nigeria. I was willing to move to Nigeria permanently and forget about London completely. It was time to do the traditional marriage now, he said he’s not doing anymore. Long story short he has the marriage certificate with him in Nigeria. He said he will just tear it up and that’s that and no1 will ever believe me without the certificate that we are legally married.
Obviously I need to one day move on with my life, by Gods grace and remarry. I’m only 26, I cannot come and die because of one man. I don’t want to deal with this issue when I have someone new etc. I don’t want to comit polygamy as that is highly illegal in the UK. Personally, I cannot date another man while I’m legally married. Ko make sense.
Does anyone know how I can obtain a copy of the marriage certificate myself in order to proceed with a legal divorce?
In the UK you can look up marriages online, is there a website for Nigerian marriage information to be looked up online?
Please help me because if you understand the heartbreak I’m going through right now, you will cry for me.
I jus want to begin to legally escape this situation and move on with my life.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Triangles1(m): 10:27pm On Dec 09, 2018
A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage, God save you for the right man ahead I believed
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Chuks9000: 10:28pm On Dec 09, 2018
jasper83:

Please next time learn to look before you leap, love is not everything okay, it's obvious the guy is not into you, cut your losses now.

Better luck next time and try and marry within your status and not low people,
Your comments suggests you are no different from the guy tormenting her life.
Firstly, what do you mean by "look before you leap"?
If you know how deceptive human are, then, you will not make such astatements.
Secondly, I want to believe your parents are the owners of Muritala Mohammed Internal airport and Nnamdi Azikiwe International airport combined. Else, I just wasted my time reacting to your second statement in bold fonts above.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by mansoura(f): 10:28pm On Dec 09, 2018
Eeewo!
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by emmabest2000(m): 10:28pm On Dec 09, 2018
Scammers got their opportunity here

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 09, 2018
yettymuse:
you didn't only help the Op with this eye opening piece, you have 'liberated' a whole lot of women that would be reading this. God bless you.
men too get involved in this kind of shit. Stop the gender sentiments!

6 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by gratefulheart(m): 10:29pm On Dec 09, 2018
just ask a lawyer in Nigeria to help you get a CERTIFIED TRUE COPY. Then move on with your life.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by LagosWharf: 10:29pm On Dec 09, 2018
jasper83:

sorry sister for your predicament, though I'm not a lawyer but I know in matters of divorce, if a partner is proving to be stubborn by not releasing the marriage certificate with the help of your lawyer you can approach that same registry you did your court marriage for a copy of the certificate like a duplicate in their log book. I have forgotten what they call it, but is not a too difficult thing to get just approach a lawyer and you will be fine.

Please next time learn to look before you leap, love is not everything okay, it's obvious the guy is not into you, cut your losses now.

Better luck next time and try and marry within your status and not low people, they are energy drainers .Gracias

At the bolded, why do you feel the guy is below her? Because you saw London abi? Your inferiority complex is more glaring than Buhari's inefficiencies.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Rindo69: 10:30pm On Dec 09, 2018
Scam Scam Scam...

No be only Stacey Johnsn

5 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 09, 2018
Pathetic. So sorry about the situation. Please don't contact anyone on nairaland. Just get a lawyer. He or she knows what to do. It's easy I bet you.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 09, 2018
majekdom2:
men too get involved in this kind of shit. Stop the gender sentiments!
This platform is large enough for you to start a thread for your 'kindred spirit'. I'm a woman, I speak for the women folks!

6 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 09, 2018
The guy wanted a permanent stay in abroad, you said you are willing to relocate permanently to Nigeria cheesy

Can two walk together except they agree? lipsrsealed

The guy wanted to use you as a ticket all the while. Good you found out now. Sorry dear.

5 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 09, 2018
Some people that have never had girlfriend talkless of marriage and don't know anything about marriage and Nigerian law are saying contact me just because the op is probably based in UK. Please don't mind them. Never contact anyone privately unless u are so sure he/she is the type of legal personnel you believe can handle such case.
Why are our people like this? Say what you want to say here and drop everything here you can use to assist her even if it is legal means. Say otherwise keep quiet for ever. Op never contact anyone privately or accept any pm request.

8 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Staceyjohnsn: 10:32pm On Dec 09, 2018
LagosWharf:
Madam OP.You story is bent. It is clear that you added a few sentences to garner pity. E.g "I was willing to move to Nigeria permanently and forget about London completely. It was time to do the traditional marriage now, he said he’s not doing anymore."

Those are lies. You came to Nigeria to divorce him and move on with your life since the guy was deported. But since you are married legally, you are stuck with him. You came to divorce him but he is refusing.

Don't lie. Come clean. Say it as it is and I will help you with direct steps to take and where to go if you come clean and say it as it really is

How bout you don’t chat shit about my life and my story, if you don’t have an answer for my questions, please kindly exit the forum. People like you make me sick, don’t accuse me of lying when you don’t know me from Adam. What is your pity going to do for me? Is it your pity that I’m gonna eat. Absolute nonsense. I need answers not this trash. If you like take my story as it is and help me or pls stay quiet.
God bless

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by LagosWharf: 10:33pm On Dec 09, 2018
Staceyjohnsn:

How bout you don’t chat shit about my life and my story, if you don’t have an answer for my questions, please kindly exit the forum. People like you make me sick, don’t accuse me of lying when you don’t know me from Adam. What is your pity going to do for me? Is it your pity that I’m gonna eat. Absolute nonsense. I need answers not this trash. If you like take my story as it is and help me or pls stay quiet.
God bless

Tell the bolded to your husband

I can swear you are the reason he was deported.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by abbey621(m): 10:33pm On Dec 09, 2018
You don't even have to set foot in Nigeria, if you are willing to spend a bit, you'll get a divorce certificate in less than a month. Like others have said get a lawyer, get photos of you and your soon to be former husband. Get witnesses to write a notarized letter attesting to the marriage. Within a month you're done!

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by chccho(m): 10:34pm On Dec 09, 2018
Staceyjohnsn:
Hi,

I’m from London. My boyfriend and I were both living in London until he was deported back to Nigeria. We dated for 2 years so due to love we continued dating. We eventually got married two years later in a registry in Nigeria. I was willing to move to Nigeria permanently and forget about London completely. It was time to do the traditional marriage now, he said he’s not doing anymore. Long story short he has the marriage certificate with him in Nigeria. He said he will just tear it up and that’s that and no1 will ever believe me without the certificate that we are legally married.
Obviously I need to one day move on with my life, by Gods grace and remarry. I’m only 26, I cannot come and die because of one man. I don’t want to deal with this issue when I have someone new etc. I don’t want to comit polygamy as that is highly illegal in the UK. Personally, I cannot date another man while I’m legally married. Ko make sense.
Does anyone know how I can obtain a copy of the marriage certificate myself in order to proceed with a legal divorce?
In the UK you can look up marriages online, is there a website for Nigerian marriage information to be looked up online?
Please help me because if you understand the heartbreak I’m going through right now, you will cry for me.

Abeg forget the guy, come and marry me n let's be happy

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 10:34pm On Dec 09, 2018
chikasky62:
Cut the long story short, contact me on WhatsApp.. 08154511396. I will be more than willing to dish out good advice to you.
cheesy
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by bb6xt(m): 10:35pm On Dec 09, 2018
Staceyjohnsn:
Hi,

https://ecitibiz.interior.gov.ng/
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Atom007(m): 10:36pm On Dec 09, 2018
It is well my sister, some men r idiot like some that make a rubbish comment. Thank God u have see some good ones earlier, follow those one up n ignore d bastards commenting rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by clemmonce(m): 10:36pm On Dec 09, 2018
jasper83:

sorry sister for your predicament, though I'm not a lawyer but I know in matters of divorce, if a partner is proving to be stubborn by not releasing the marriage certificate with the help of your lawyer you can approach that same registry you did your court marriage for a copy of the certificate like a duplicate in their log book. I have forgotten what they call it, but is not a too difficult thing to get just approach a lawyer and you will be fine.

Better luck next time and try and marry within your status and not low people, they are energy drainers .Gracias
true talk.... There are energy draining people in relationships...I swear... Their wahala just too much....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Staceyjohnsn: 10:36pm On Dec 09, 2018
destinychildolu:

Don't you smell scam? Stacey johson

Then go and marry. Is any one holding u?

1 Like

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 09, 2018
yettymuse:
This platform is large enough for you to start a thread for your 'kindred spirit'. I'm a woman, I speak for the women folks!
point is simply the post is not about women. Don’t make it an uninteresting case, like women are the only potential victims of this kind of separation. A woman left her kids to be with an African man the other day. There are many women who have abandoned their spouses to be with another man in this Nigeria. Speak for women when issues concerning women are discussed. This is not one, thank you!

7 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Just2endowed2(m): 10:37pm On Dec 09, 2018
chccho:

Abeg forget the guy, come and marry me n let's be happy

My guy won escape grin

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by sweetilicious(f): 10:38pm On Dec 09, 2018
ChiefOloye:

He has said it all, alternatively, send hired assassins to the idiot.

Meanwhile you didn't tell us the roles you played in his deportation, or you know it's hellish to live in Nigeria?
Hired assassin kwa? She will go to jail too
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by marvin906(m): 10:38pm On Dec 09, 2018
this story is seriously funny

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Uk-based Nigerian Wife Attacks Husband’s Sidechick With Bleach / Woman Attacks Co-Wife With Hot Water In Plateau State (Graphic Pic) / Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.