Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,495 members, 7,816,177 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Marriage Gone Wrong - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Gone Wrong (43948 Views)

Butt Surgery Gone Wrong As Lady Cries Out In Pain. / Parenting Gone Wrong. 9 Years Old Slay Queen / Extramarital Affairs Gone Wrong! A Comrade Has Fallen! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by trapQ: 4:58am On Dec 10, 2018
Hahahaha, I love your attitude. Nigerian men really don't have sense so please pardon them.
Staceyjohnsn:

Well if you see him ask him for me.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by trapQ: 5:01am On Dec 10, 2018
Yes, because we're usually the ones who hide our wife and kids back in Nigeria and lie to oyinbo that we aren't married.
oluayebenz:

U are so smart

You trust Nigerian girls abroad u are on ur own
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by alujonjonkijon: 5:03am On Dec 10, 2018
you dont need the marriage certificate,you need a divorce so get a good lawyer and pay him a million naira fees and go to sleep.i guess u come to nairaland to avoid legal fees.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by pastie(m): 5:03am On Dec 10, 2018
trapQ:
Hahahaha, I love your attitude. Nigerian men really don't have sense so please pardon them.
stop bitchiing and have some sense
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by trapQ: 5:04am On Dec 10, 2018
Bless you!
Xisnin:

He is 100% right.
No financially equal or superior person will be afraid of divorce or illegally migrate to a foreign country.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by ALEXANDER51: 5:05am On Dec 10, 2018
get a lawyer,tell him everything they knw what too do
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by trapQ: 5:05am On Dec 10, 2018
Damn, I like you cheesy
yettymuse:
you are a stupid boy! I know you are Masturbating on this attention you get from me! Choke on this last one! Modafucka!
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by pastie(m): 5:07am On Dec 10, 2018
Xisnin:

He is 100% right.
No financially equal or superior person will be afraid of divorce or illegally migrate to a foreign country.
shut up, she only told us what she want us to hear, stop bitchhing around
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Nobody: 5:16am On Dec 10, 2018
SmellySperm:
Ode! Who ask u

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by freemi(m): 5:18am On Dec 10, 2018
LagosWharf:
Madam OP.You story is bent. It is clear that you added a few sentences to garner pity. E.g "I was willing to move to Nigeria permanently and forget about London completely. It was time to do the traditional marriage now, he said he’s not doing anymore."

Those are lies. You came to Nigeria to divorce him and move on with your life since the guy was deported. But since you are married legally, you are stuck with him. You came to divorce him but he is refusing.

Don't lie. Come clean. Say it as it is and I will help you with direct steps to take and where to go if you come clean and say it as it really is
lols. Women? B very afraid. B very very afraid
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by FisifunKododada: 5:19am On Dec 10, 2018
Tosinex:
unmhnmmmmmmmmm this is one piece of peaceful words that soothes my soul wink

So na my wife words dey soothe u? kwantinue...when we assassinate you now, dem go say we wicked... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by trapQ: 5:27am On Dec 10, 2018
Says a dimwitted idiot.
pastie:

stop bitchiing and have some sense
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Egbetayo(m): 5:27am On Dec 10, 2018
LagosWharf:
Madam OP.You story is bent. It is clear that you added a few sentences to garner pity. E.g "I was willing to move to Nigeria permanently and forget about London completely. It was time to do the traditional marriage now, he said he’s not doing anymore."

Those are lies. You came to Nigeria to divorce him and move on with your life since the guy was deported. But since you are married legally, you are stuck with him. You came to divorce him but he is refusing.

Don't lie. Come clean. Say it as it is and I will help you with direct steps to take and where to go if you come clean and say it as it really is
You are too much and should be regarded as an elder �

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by agarawu23(m): 5:28am On Dec 10, 2018
Staceyjohnsn:
Hi,

Please I need some information.

I’m from London. My boyfriend and I were both living in London until he was deported back to Nigeria. We dated for 2 years so due to love we continued dating. We eventually got married two years later in a registry in Nigeria. I was willing to move to Nigeria permanently and forget about London completely. It was time to do the traditional marriage now, he said he’s not doing anymore. Long story short he has the marriage certificate with him in Nigeria. He said he will just tear it up and that’s that and no1 will ever believe me without the certificate that we are legally married.
Obviously I need to one day move on with my life, by Gods grace and remarry. I’m only 26, I cannot come and die because of one man. I don’t want to deal with this issue when I have someone new etc. I don’t want to comit polygamy as that is highly illegal in the UK. Personally, I cannot date another man while I’m legally married. Ko make sense.
Does anyone know how I can obtain a copy of the marriage certificate myself in order to proceed with a legal divorce?
In the UK you can look up marriages online, is there a website for Nigerian marriage information to be looked up online?
Please help me because if you understand the heartbreak I’m going through right now, you will cry for me.
I jus want to begin to legally escape this situation and move on with my life.
Can we hear the "main" side of the story?

U are dropping your email publicly, hope you aren't here to scam desperate Nigerians who wants to date and marry a LONDONER cos your story seems fake and full of lies
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Nobody: 5:29am On Dec 10, 2018
collitexnaira:
Some marriage are like one night stand, wed today divorce tomorrow. May God help this generation

It has been happening many generations before now. The internet gives you more information.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Melian(f): 5:30am On Dec 10, 2018
LagosWharf:

Tell the bolded to your husband

I can swear you are the reason he was deported.

You're a bitter bitch. You weren't there so you have no right. Be reasonable.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Nobody: 5:30am On Dec 10, 2018
Passionate888:
marriage scare the beJesus out of me. Singleness is next to godliness

There are many happy, working marriages out there. Don't be afraid.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Melian(f): 5:35am On Dec 10, 2018
Staceyjohnsn:

OK SINCE YOU KNOW IT ALL. YOU ARE RIGHT. I GOT HIM DEPORTED ONLY TO GO AND MARRY HIM 2 YEARS LATER. IM THE ONE THAT BROUGHT HIM TO LONDON ILLEGALLY. IM ALSO THE ONE THAT TOLD THE POLICE TO ARREST HIM, DETAIN HIM & DEPORT HIM. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT

The guy is daft. Leave him. He has faced deportation before and he's yet to get over the trauma.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by freemi(m): 5:38am On Dec 10, 2018
Yankiss:

I do not believe this story. It sounds yahooish. Unless OP isn't beautiful or she's got bad character, no Nigerian guy will say no to her. We need pictorial evidence. Getting the marriage certificate is no brainer. It can be obtained in a jiffy following the right steps. I am not yet convinced.
bt if d man says hes nt doin again thn he shud happily issue d mc n also happily divorce her. D story is nt cmplete

1 Like

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Melian(f): 5:40am On Dec 10, 2018
Xisnin:

He is 100% right.

You hit the nail on the head. And probably illiterate too or a person with little education, but definitely unintelligent. It was funny to read he suggested "tearing the certificate and no one will know". Lol. Araoko (bush boy)
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Nobody: 5:45am On Dec 10, 2018
jasper83:

sorry sister for your predicament, though I'm not a lawyer but I know in matters of divorce, if a partner is proving to be stubborn by not releasing the marriage certificate with the help of your lawyer you can approach that same registry you did your court marriage for a copy of the certificate like a duplicate in their log book. I have forgotten what they call it, but is not a too difficult thing to get just approach a lawyer and you will be fine.

Please next time learn to look before you leap, love is not everything okay, it's obvious the guy is not into you, cut your losses now.

Better luck next time and try and marry within your status and not low people, they are energy drainers .Gracias

comma take 2 bottle of trophu
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Yabaleftstudent: 6:16am On Dec 10, 2018
hi niaralanders pls I need ur help... I need 3k plz anyone willing to help I'd appreciate u plsss
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Tizu(m): 6:18am On Dec 10, 2018
Baby I am available and ready for marriage, I hope you won't mind contacting me for more discussion.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Pappyjim: 6:28am On Dec 10, 2018
Stacey i feel your pain cos the exact thing has happened to someone close to me years back. To be on safe side if you're not chanced to come Naija now just get intouch with your relative(your own blood) to get you family lawyer and give them the informations regarding the date, place and names involved, definitely they will process & get it down for you! Certified True Copy is all you need! Thats it! Good luck

1 Like

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by verifiablefacts: 6:29am On Dec 10, 2018
Staceyjohnsn:

How bout you don’t chat shit about my life and my story, if you don’t have an answer for my questions, please kindly exit the forum. People like you make me sick, don’t accuse me of lying when you don’t know me from Adam. What is your pity going to do for me? Is it your pity that I’m gonna eat. Absolute nonsense. I need answers not this trash. If you like take my story as it is and help me or pls stay quiet.
God bless
by their fruits we shall know them

1 Like

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Pappyjim: 6:32am On Dec 10, 2018
Mud digger! If i give you slap heeen u go dey see star!
Tizu:
Baby I am available and ready for marriage, I hope you won't mind contacting me for more discussion.

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Nobody: 6:40am On Dec 10, 2018
trapQ:
The op is a woman and that advice is spot on. If you wanna advice men, open a new thread and do that.
typical of what is obtainable with any Nigerian. Sentiments and gender shaming. She is a woman does not mean its exsclusive to women. Did the separation happen because she is a woman? Was she denied of any opportunity because she is a woman? This is simplay a case of relationship going wrong for some reasons which can happen to any gender. You should learn to converse with a better view. Stop the open a new thread... it’s boring.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by rOsy247(f): 7:18am On Dec 10, 2018
oluayebenz:

Smartest dude on this forum

Making conclusions about what he knows nothing about makes him smart? Are you serious? Is that what you call smartness? Smh

1 Like

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by husbandsnatcha(f): 7:20am On Dec 10, 2018
Tosinex:
unmhnmmmmmmmmm this is one piece of peaceful words that soothes my soul wink
eeh tanks...nothing lyk dem
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by bigl: 7:20am On Dec 10, 2018
Staceyjohnsn:
Hi,

I’m from London. My boyfriend and I were both living in London until he was deported back to Nigeria. We dated for 2 years so due to love we continued dating. We eventually got married two years later in a registry in Nigeria. I was willing to move to Nigeria permanently and forget about London completely. It was time to do the traditional marriage now, he said he’s not doing anymore. Long story short he has the marriage certificate with him in Nigeria. He said he will just tear it up and that’s that and no1 will ever believe me without the certificate that we are legally married.
Obviously I need to one day move on with my life, by Gods grace and remarry. I’m only 26, I cannot come and die because of one man. I don’t want to deal with this issue when I have someone new etc. I don’t want to comit polygamy as that is highly illegal in the UK. Personally, I cannot date another man while I’m legally married. Ko make sense.
Does anyone know how I can obtain a copy of the marriage certificate myself in order to proceed with a legal divorce?
In the UK you can look up marriages online, is there a website for Nigerian marriage information to be looked up online?
Please help me because if you understand the heartbreak I’m going through right now, you will cry for me.

So sorry dear.

You don’t need a lawyer to get a copy.

Just go to same registry and ask for certified true copy (CTC).

Can’t be more than 5k max. Once you have that you can proceed on divorce or whatever action you wish to take.

I wish u all the best.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by antyokya: 7:21am On Dec 10, 2018
Staceyjohnsn:
Hi,

I have a feeling that this story is not exactly what it is told. I think you thought the guy was going to live with you in London but turned out to be deported back to Nigeria where you don't wanna live, but because you can't remarry since you are not divorced, you came down here to seek for divorce which your husband objected to. For the records, all the people advising you are not doing you any good.
First, you don't divorce alone. Your husband must be consented, in fact, it is mutual which the man is not willing to.
Secondly, before you are finally divorced in Nigeria it takes a minimum of 24 months before you are separated. Since you mentioned London you just exposed yourself to fraudsters. Please, beware!
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by johnnyever(m): 7:23am On Dec 10, 2018
If you don't mind can we be friends and know more about each other from there we can start meaningful relationship. Am Gbenga

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Uk-based Nigerian Wife Attacks Husband’s Sidechick With Bleach / Woman Attacks Co-Wife With Hot Water In Plateau State (Graphic Pic) / Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.