Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,522 members, 7,816,277 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Marriage Gone Wrong - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Gone Wrong (43952 Views)

Butt Surgery Gone Wrong As Lady Cries Out In Pain. / Parenting Gone Wrong. 9 Years Old Slay Queen / Extramarital Affairs Gone Wrong! A Comrade Has Fallen! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by deleib(m): 12:48am On Dec 10, 2018
marvin906:
this story is seriously funny
the op is a yahoo yahoo boy looking 4 a customer. Anybody that sends him a message does that at his peril.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by deleib(m): 12:55am On Dec 10, 2018
codemaniacs:

she's going through a divorce.. shes's not in her right mind
y do u always answer 4 her? Are the same pesn as d op? Abi una both wan scam nairaland pipu.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Staceyjohnsn: 12:56am On Dec 10, 2018
pacificman:

you sha did not tells us why he said hes not doing again..nice try

Contrary to the popular belief of this forum, someone can decide they are no longer interested in you and that is their entitled prerogative. Should I now turn into the local town crier because a man decides he no longer wants me. Why does his reasonings even matter? You guys are the only one interested in his reasonings. If you need his contact details for clarity & satisfaction or just for your daily dose of gossip, let me know.
Regardless of what transpired between us, I still need the certificate or do I not deserve that, because you are not satisfied with the narration of my life. Forgive me I didn’t realise this was nollywood.
Are you a lawyer is the true question? Do you have answers to my questions is the true question?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Staceyjohnsn: 12:57am On Dec 10, 2018
deleib:
the op is a yahoo yahoo boy looking 4 a customer. Anybody that sends him a message does that at his peril.

NO IM NOT. STOP TRYING TO DISCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM HELPING ME

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Nobody: 1:06am On Dec 10, 2018
husbandsnatcha:
Marriage is overated by some idle citizens,
But a gentle n God fearing dude wl make my day anytime...
unmhnmmmmmmmmm this is one piece of peaceful words that soothes my soul wink
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Nobody: 1:13am On Dec 10, 2018
the name stacy johnsn sounds yahoo ish.i just pity anybody thats sends op his/her contacts.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Nobody: 1:15am On Dec 10, 2018
Staceyjohnsn, why did your guy decided not to move on with you, what transpired between you two apart from the deportation stories that led to this brouhaha!!! Anyways get a lawyer, that should help. It's advisable for people that are going into marriage to know what they are entering, God doesn't like divorce, so we should endeavor to get the right partner, not just this luvy luvy things that doesn't last these days. I pray God will settle your case!!

1 Like

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by hardbody: 1:33am On Dec 10, 2018
OkunrinOloro:
It's called a Certified True Copy of the original document.
The law is that any document (like a Marriage Certificate) which is issued by a government ministry, department or agency under provision of law is a Public document (also called Primary evidence).
If it gets lost, it can easily be replaced by approaching the Public Officer who is in charge of keeping the records to produce another copy called a "Certified True Copy". This CTC is as good as the real thing and it can be used for any purpose for which the lost original was intended.

Spot on. Nothing to add or remove
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by AreaFada2: 1:38am On Dec 10, 2018
saajus:
Although, we've not heard from the other side but if this is what happened, that guy is really wicked. Get a good lawyer and you will be free.Enjoy ur life and be careful next time you want to give marriage a shot.
Does this story not sound a bit funny?

@OP, You as a wife, are standing by a deportee hubby faithfully. You both did registry marriage (which might eventually help him return to UK) and he suddenly wants out? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Abeg ma tell us the whole truth.

Is it that you both acquired certain assets together or even alone in his name in the UK and having now married him, you can claim those assets alone in his absence? shocked shocked

Because it appears to me that your hubby is particularly against you getting a copy of the MC. Why is that?

You said you were ready to forget UK and settle in Nigeria. Did you later realise that option is a big step and got cold feet?

Or is it that you now changed your mind and want divorce? Your hubby having done all he could to keep you and you refused, is desperately trying to prevent divorce by hiding the MC?

Please tell us the full honest story so that we can stop speculating. grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by chccho(m): 1:39am On Dec 10, 2018
pastie:

stop bitching around nigga, what he said is rightfully attributed to what you posted, only that he didn't see it the way you wanted even if you are pretending.
4Q
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by andyanders: 1:55am On Dec 10, 2018
Op, trade softly herein because most people asking you to contact them or give them details might turn out to be scammers. Since you are a Nigerian, and you came down here to do the so called court wedding, why not come back home and approach same court because you should know where the court marriage was done. Report officially and possibly, you should go with a lawyer and get it resolved. It is not a big deal.

Stop sending people your details online as you might end up messing yourself up/
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by ShamsBarack: 1:58am On Dec 10, 2018
Funny thread. cheesy grin

I do feel there'll be another story after this one. I await! grin
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by cybercrackerftp(m): 1:59am On Dec 10, 2018
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by spiralwedge(m): 2:13am On Dec 10, 2018
Staceyjohnsn, do you still remember the registry? Is it Ikoyi? You can get a true certified copy.Pm me.

It is also possible to move on and settle down with somebody else, only that you wont legalise it. You don't have to explain or defend yourself from these people asking absurd private questions. If you are the other party in the marriage, you have the right to the certificate.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by consultancy: 2:21am On Dec 10, 2018
stacey, johnson, benson, tracy, scot, fredrick, frank, nicole etc. when u see people online bearing these names, be careful. not to talk of when stacey is merged together with johnson grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Nobody: 2:28am On Dec 10, 2018
doctorkush:
i am single and ready to marry cheesy ...
Ode! Who ask u
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by godwon01(m): 2:50am On Dec 10, 2018
Hello sister ,since the marriage was issued by Nigeria government, U can contact a lawyer in the UK and everything will be done by them. Even if it was done in the UK after 2 yrs of the relationship U can still fill a divorce. They can pass judgement in his absentia. Relationships can get sore at any time. I wish U best of luck. Don't worry it will be alright.IJN.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Kbels(f): 2:51am On Dec 10, 2018
This really got me : "Better luck next time and try and marry within your status and not low people, they are energy drainers". I totally concur.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Trillyonaire: 3:03am On Dec 10, 2018
After getting the Marriage Certificate,

What is the process and cost for getting the divorce ?
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by babyfaceafrica: 3:18am On Dec 10, 2018
this story doesn't add up
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Dedetwo(m): 3:18am On Dec 10, 2018
Staceyjohnsn:
Hi,

Please I need some information.

I’m from London. My boyfriend and I were both living in London until he was deported back to Nigeria. We dated for 2 years so due to love we continued dating. We eventually got married two years later in a registry in Nigeria. I was willing to move to Nigeria permanently and forget about London completely. It was time to do the traditional marriage now, he said he’s not doing anymore. Long story short he has the marriage certificate with him in Nigeria. He said he will just tear it up and that’s that and no1 will ever believe me without the certificate that we are legally married.
Obviously I need to one day move on with my life, by Gods grace and remarry. I’m only 26, I cannot come and die because of one man. I don’t want to deal with this issue when I have someone new etc. I don’t want to comit polygamy as that is highly illegal in the UK. Personally, I cannot date another man while I’m legally married. Ko make sense.
Does anyone know how I can obtain a copy of the marriage certificate myself in order to proceed with a legal divorce?
In the UK you can look up marriages online, is there a website for Nigerian marriage information to be looked up online?
Please help me because if you understand the heartbreak I’m going through right now, you will cry for me.
I jus want to begin to legally escape this situation and move on with my life.

This is a matter of intellect or lack thereof. You remembered you married in a registry in Nigeria, I assumed it is a magistrate court. Every country does not do all business online therefore you can approach the court or registry in Nigeria where your so-called marriage was consummated in order to request a copy. You can carry out this request with or without the help of a lawyer.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by pastie(m): 3:41am On Dec 10, 2018
chccho:

4Q
lol, I supposed, you're an old man but acting like mo boys, look at my profile, that's my picture, a young guy but you dare not say this to my face because I'm gonna whop your ass.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by pastie(m): 3:51am On Dec 10, 2018
Philpham:
Men are just wicked
shut up, you don't know men, if you think you're one, better discover yourself elsewhere.
what you have is not a pen!s but a growth.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Dakoch: 4:25am On Dec 10, 2018
Dear, am a single guy looking for a life partner, you can whatsapp me on 08034424915
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by gafaardy(m): 4:27am On Dec 10, 2018
As a legal practittioner I can be of assistance.You can call/ chat with me on 08159098763
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by francisdeacn(m): 4:28am On Dec 10, 2018
Chat me up on WhatsApp 07035036622. Let's talk. Things happen for good and bad reason.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Yankiss(m): 4:30am On Dec 10, 2018
Staceyjohnsn:
Hi,

Please I need some information.

I’m from London. My boyfriend and I were both living in London until he was deported back to Nigeria. We dated for 2 years so due to love we continued dating. We eventually got married two years later in a registry in Nigeria. I was willing to move to Nigeria permanently and forget about London completely. It was time to do the traditional marriage now, he said he’s not doing anymore. Long story short he has the marriage certificate with him in Nigeria. He said he will just tear it up and that’s that and no1 will ever believe me without the certificate that we are legally married.
Obviously I need to one day move on with my life, by Gods grace and remarry. I’m only 26, I cannot come and die because of one man. I don’t want to deal with this issue when I have someone new etc. I don’t want to comit polygamy as that is highly illegal in the UK. Personally, I cannot date another man while I’m legally married. Ko make sense.
Does anyone know how I can obtain a copy of the marriage certificate myself in order to proceed with a legal divorce?
In the UK you can look up marriages online, is there a website for Nigerian marriage information to be looked up online?
Please help me because if you understand the heartbreak I’m going through right now, you will cry for me.
I jus want to begin to legally escape this situation and move on with my life.
I do not believe this story. It sounds yahooish. Unless OP isn't beautiful or she's got bad character, no Nigerian guy will say no to her. We need pictorial evidence. Getting the marriage certificate is no brainer. It can be obtained in a jiffy following the right steps. I am not yet convinced.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by martolux(m): 4:34am On Dec 10, 2018
You are single and you think someone who is about to get divorced suites you best.....it's either you are a lazy asslicker or your village people are after ur Destiny.double your hurtle bro undecided lipsrsealed
Dakoch:
Dear, am a single guy looking for a life partner, you can whatsapp me on 08034424915
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by mctfopt: 4:35am On Dec 10, 2018
sKeetz:
Be careful of those asking you to contact them. undecided

I second this thought.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by pastie(m): 4:37am On Dec 10, 2018
Xisnin:

He is the dumbest.
He would be a big failure if this was an exam.
The thread is about how to get a copy of one's marriage certificate but that mumu
started apportioning blame.
Your dumbness is very disturbing, in what manner of sense will you compare this scenario with exams? someone came up with cock and bull story just to file for divorce,
A sane animal will have to think of what this man has said talk more of human being who have been in the system.
she will have to be scrutinized to come in term with what she has said before issuing her the copy.
that is how it's been done on planet earth, but what do I know ? you maybe a stray alien that has found it way to cyberspace.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by trapQ: 4:49am On Dec 10, 2018
The op is a woman and that advice is spot on. If you wanna advice men, open a new thread and do that.
majekdom2:
men too get involved in this kind of shit. Stop the gender sentiments!

1 Like

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by pastie(m): 4:52am On Dec 10, 2018
Kbels:
This really got me : "Better luck next time and try and marry within your status and not low people, they are energy drainers". I totally concur.
woman, don't concur on what you don't know, the words may be sweeter to your feeling but life has no formula and we don't know much about the said man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) / Man Gets Scolded By His Young Daughter After He Went To Marry Another Lady (vid) / Man Loses His Father And Shop To Ochanja Market, Onitsha Fire (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.