Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Marriage Gone Wrong - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Gone Wrong (43947 Views)

Butt Surgery Gone Wrong As Lady Cries Out In Pain. / Parenting Gone Wrong. 9 Years Old Slay Queen / Extramarital Affairs Gone Wrong! A Comrade Has Fallen! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by barristerbiodun(m): 7:29am On Dec 10, 2018
Sorry for the what you're going through. Well, its easy for a marriage certifcate to be torn, there are copies and records that can be obtained at the registry where the marriage took place. Ita very wise, logical and reasonable for you to want to avoid future obstacles that may arise out of something the other person thought was insignificant. There are so many ancillary issues that may arise, like intestate matters incase one party dies..and the issue of bigamy. Get a lawyer to initiate divorce proceedings here in Nigeria. Within 6 months, your divorce certificate should be ready so far its not contested. I'm a lawyer and i can help with that. Message me if you can for further advice and action, you can send me a message/whatsapp 0 8 1 6 5 4 1 3 5 9 7
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by chccho(m): 7:38am On Dec 10, 2018
pastie:

lol, I supposed, you're an old man but acting like mo boys, look at my profile, that's my picture, a young guy but you dare not say this to my face because I'm gonna whop your ass.

Go n eat shit, shit face

1 Like

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Xisnin(m): 7:40am On Dec 10, 2018
pastie:

shut up, she only told us what she want us to hear, stop bitchhing around
Small kid, who took your toys away?
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by sandra50(f): 8:21am On Dec 10, 2018
chccho:

Are these questions going to get her the divorce papers?
Ask yourself that nonsense question..a guy will just wake up and say he is done with a marriage he started..you should be thinking of how to settling them and not how to help scatter marriage.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by sandra50(f): 8:23am On Dec 10, 2018
Staceyjohnsn:

Well if you see him ask him for me.
Why should I when you can do that yourself?go look for him and ask him why he is opting out.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by steve11215(m): 8:24am On Dec 10, 2018
We have seen worst cases, call us on +2348033644773.thanks
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by sandra50(f): 8:24am On Dec 10, 2018
codemaniacs:

she's probably furthering her professional qualifications and the guy does not want long distance marriage.
That might not even be the problem because she said she is willing to move down to Nigeria..unless she wants to bring their human right done to Nigeria.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 10, 2018
Staceyjohnsn:
Hi,

Please I need some information.

I’m from London. My boyfriend and I were both living in London until he was deported back to Nigeria. We dated for 2 years so due to love we continued dating. We eventually got married two years later in a registry in Nigeria. I was willing to move to Nigeria permanently and forget about London completely. It was time to do the traditional marriage now, he said he’s not doing anymore. Long story short he has the marriage certificate with him in Nigeria. He said he will just tear it up and that’s that and no1 will ever believe me without the certificate that we are legally married.
Obviously I need to one day move on with my life, by Gods grace and remarry. I’m only 26, I cannot come and die because of one man. I don’t want to deal with this issue when I have someone new etc. I don’t want to comit polygamy as that is highly illegal in the UK. Personally, I cannot date another man while I’m legally married. Ko make sense.
Does anyone know how I can obtain a copy of the marriage certificate myself in order to proceed with a legal divorce?
In the UK you can look up marriages online, is there a website for Nigerian marriage information to be looked up online?
Please help me because if you understand the heartbreak I’m going through right now, you will cry for me.
I jus want to begin to legally escape this situation and move on with my life.
I can help you. Send your details to my mail kittex2@gmail.com
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 10, 2018
jasper83:

sorry sister for your predicament, though I'm not a lawyer but I know in matters of divorce, if a partner is proving to be stubborn by not releasing the marriage certificate with the help of your lawyer you can approach that same registry you did your court marriage for a copy of the certificate like a duplicate in their log book. I have forgotten what they call it, but is not a too difficult thing to get just approach a lawyer and you will be fine.

Please next time learn to look before you leap, love is not everything okay, it's obvious the guy is not into you, cut your losses now.

Better luck next time and try and marry within your status and not low people, they are energy drainers .Gracias

Presently, you’ve got 250 people liking your advice to this lady.
I have a question, how do you determine who is ‘low’?

Do you really believe the story she posted up there??

She married a Nigerian, she was ready to move to Nigeria permanently then it was time for traditional marriage and the guy started acting awkward.

By the way, that op is a full blooded Nigeria and she’s not 26.
Both have been having issues but blaming the guy on Nairaland is very wrong.

Read that post again. Be open minded.

The op isn’t telling the truth.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by chccho(m): 8:42am On Dec 10, 2018
sandra50:

Ask yourself that nonsense question..a guy will just wake up and say he is done with a marriage he started..you should be thinking of how to settling them and not how to help scatter marriage.

Wetin consine u there Aunty? If the guy says he is not doing how is that your headache? She came here to seek how to get divorce papers u asking questions about the guy..
Abeg mind your biz

1 Like

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by henrymeny: 8:52am On Dec 10, 2018
hi, I m a divorce lawyer based in Abuja. you can contact me on WhatsApp 07066589744
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Rexleo(m): 9:04am On Dec 10, 2018
aariwa:
You are on point.You know ladies and their games very well.She came here to garner pity with an incomplete ,one sided and muddled up story
people are not even asking how the marriage certificate got to the husband hand.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 10, 2018
3 steps

1) Know the location, date, registry office and all the details of the day the marriage got certified

2) Apply for a divorce, its highly unlikely he may want to sign but hey this is naija...get someone to forge his signature.

3) Hire a good lawyer but overall I'd suggest you come down to naij to do all these.

PS: beware of scammers on nairaland becos when they hear "London", their brains tick like buzzers. So trust not everyone that asks you to get in touch. Get an expensive (according to Nigerian standards) lawyer from the island with a reputable background and office. Budget (250-350 pounds) for his fees. Oniru VI has a lot of good ones.

Voila!

Suerte
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by frozen70(f): 9:22am On Dec 10, 2018
Staceyjohnsn:
Hi,

I’m from London. My boyfriend and I were both living in London until he was deported back to Nigeria. We dated for 2 years so due to love we continued dating. We eventually got married two years later in a registry in Nigeria. I was willing to move to Nigeria permanently and forget about London completely. It was time to do the traditional marriage now, he said he’s not doing anymore. Long story short he has the marriage certificate with him in Nigeria. He said he will just tear it up and that’s that and no1 will ever believe me without the certificate that we are legally married.
Obviously I need to one day move on with my life, by Gods grace and remarry. I’m only 26, I cannot come and die because of one man. I don’t want to deal with this issue when I have someone new etc. I don’t want to comit polygamy as that is highly illegal in the UK. Personally, I cannot date another man while I’m legally married. Ko make sense.
Does anyone know how I can obtain a copy of the marriage certificate myself in order to proceed with a legal divorce?
In the UK you can look up marriages online, is there a website for Nigerian marriage information to be looked up online?
Please help me because if you understand the heartbreak I’m going through right now, you will cry for me.

What is his reasons for ending the marriage

Have you asked him to give you the certificate instead of tearing it

Have you met his family over this issue's

If everything fails, just go to high court and swear an affidavit to your claims and back yourself up with it
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by codemaniacs: 9:29am On Dec 10, 2018
zz
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by bmimam(m): 9:41am On Dec 10, 2018
Staceyjohnsn:

Do you possibly have an email address I can contact you on or WhatsApp, because I dont want to post all my information on this forum?
Thanks
God bless

But be careful to give out your details to anybody you meet online, that's careless. Get a lawyer to process it for you not any random person.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by NoToPile: 10:50am On Dec 10, 2018
Not all topics should make front page, this is one of them. The poster has gotten the needed info after 6 posts.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by pastie(m): 10:57am On Dec 10, 2018
Xisnin:

Small kid, who took your toys away?
Grow up nigga, Op may want to blackmail someone who he/she may have knowledge of, think it this way, may be op was the one living illegally in London, in the cause of that, he/she was been deported while his/her futuristic partner who promised to get married to decided to marry someone better, and this triggered the frustration, then op decided to scatter the marriage or use the divorce copy to blackmail them for wicked plan.

sometimes I wonder why nairaland mods keep making people vulnerable to fraud, threads like this need not to be on front page without complete picture of what really happened.

gbosaa:

Presently, you’ve got 250 people liking your advice to this lady.
I have a question, how do you determine who is ‘low’?

Do you really believe the story she posted up there??

She married a Nigerian, she was ready to move to Nigeria permanently then it was time for traditional marriage and the guy started acting awkward.

By the way, that op is a full blooded Nigeria and she’s not 26.
Both have been having issues but blaming the guy on Nairaland is very wrong.

Read that post again. Be open minded.

The op isn’t telling the truth.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by masterkeydon(m): 11:11am On Dec 10, 2018
I masterkeydon will never be judgmental or believe this crap of a story until the husband's version surfaces. Women are full of mysteries!!! Please Nairalanders, lets wait for the guy in question to clear the tainted Air. As far as am concerned, he's still innocent until proven guilty!
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Boss13: 11:19am On Dec 10, 2018
Staceyjohnsn:
Hi,

Who is this person writing this grossly irresponsible and fake story??
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by sandra50(f): 11:48am On Dec 10, 2018
chccho:

Wetin consine u there Aunty? If the guy says he is not doing how is that your headache? She came here to seek how to get divorce papers u asking questions about the guy..
Abeg mind your biz
I should be asking you what concerns you with my comment..I repeat..the guy can't just wake up and decide to end it..something must have happened..and kindly mind your business too.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by sandra50(f): 11:49am On Dec 10, 2018
codemaniacs:

the 'problem' is I know someone going through something similar to the OP and I'm suspecting it might not be a coincidence.
Who knows..I hope they settle what ever it is.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by freddaboh(m): 11:53am On Dec 10, 2018
Staceyjohnsn:
Hi,

That's your own side of the story. We equally want to hear the man's story. Some ladies always playing the victim card.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by codemaniacs: 11:55am On Dec 10, 2018
zz

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by bujebudanu1(m): 12:12pm On Dec 10, 2018
consultancy:
stacey, johnson, benson, tracy, scot, fredrick, frank, nicole etc. when u see people online bearing these names, be careful. not to talk of when stacey is merged together with johnson grin grin grin

grin

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Oyiboman69: 1:15pm On Dec 10, 2018
Staceyjohnsn:
Hi,

your story didn't add up,do you think you can fool everyone here? you are the one tormenting the man here,you want to move on with your life,since hes not in uk with you. i believe he is even the one who take you there,im saying this to all men,don't help any woman that is not your wife or your family out of love.they are all ungrateful people
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by whaithee(m): 1:23pm On Dec 10, 2018
AreaFada2:

Does this story not sound a bit funny?

@OP, You as a wife, are standing by a deportee hubby faithfully. You both did registry marriage (which might eventually help him return to UK) and he suddenly wants out? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Abeg ma tell us the whole truth.

Is it that you both acquired certain assets together or even alone in his name in the UK and having now married him, you can claim those assets alone in his absence? shocked shocked

Because it appears to me that your hubby is particularly against you getting a copy of the MC. Why is that?

You said you were ready to forget UK and settle in Nigeria. Did you later realise that option is a big step and got cold feet?

Or is it that you now changed your mind and want divorce? Your hubby having done all he could to keep you and you refused, is desperately trying to prevent divorce by hiding the MC?

Please tell us the full honest story so that we can stop speculating. grin grin
Exactly!
Question is:
Shouldn't the husband be more interested in the divorce than the lady, since he is the one that decided to end the marriage? So why is it difficult for him to produce the marriage certificate?
This lady (if she is real) is likely trying to play a fast one on the man.
As always most people will respond out of sentiments.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 10, 2018
FisifunKododada:

So na my wife words dey soothe u? kwantinue...when we assassinate you now, dem go say we wicked... cheesy
assassinate kee you there!!
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by alizma: 8:25pm On Dec 10, 2018
Staceyjohnsn:
Hi,

I read some people saying they will help you get it if you provide details abi? my sister, Pls come to Naija for the certificate by yourself. in case you have not heard, ask people about Kemi Adeosun, them help her collect her NYSC but today that certificate has been confirmed to be original fake
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Casemiro(m): 8:39am On Dec 12, 2018
> it is well

who knows
choi shocked big momas garden how Natural home remedies
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by rOsy247(f): 10:44pm On Dec 12, 2018
masterkeydon:
I masterkeydon will never be judgmental or believe this crap of a story until the husband's version surfaces. Women are full of mysteries!!! Please Nairalanders, lets wait for the guy in question to clear the tainted Air. As far as am concerned, he's still innocent until proven guilty!

You are already judgemental with these. Except if being judgemental has a different meaning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Uk-based Nigerian Wife Attacks Husband’s Sidechick With Bleach / Woman Attacks Co-Wife With Hot Water In Plateau State (Graphic Pic) / Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.