Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,661 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. (38473 Views)

My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! / Ghana Landlady Gives Female Nigerian Student Quit Notice Over Noise During Sex / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:50am On Dec 16, 2018
udemzyudex:
If he gives you quit notice asking you to evacuate within 2 months of expiry date, you too get a lawyer and serve him your own notice stating the law to him..

Some of this landlord always think they God and if you don't challenge them back they will always take you for a ride.

If you pay every 6 months, you're entitled to 3 months notice and if you pay every year, you're entitled to 6 months.

You just have to let him know with your notice too, so he will know he is not dealing with someone he can just push around.
Oga calculate well, he gave 6 months notice January to April 4 months plus 2 extra months 6 months. If he goes to court, he'll only be wasting his time and money. Best to go speak to the landlord on a personal one on one level since he has always held up his own end of the bargain. The Landlord must have also sought legal advice too.

1 Like

Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by DonDraper66: 10:52am On Dec 16, 2018
you must very careful with this advice of going to court-if needed. Remember that no man will ever be with you-when dragged into court issues over his properties. It's better you respect your self and respond positively to his order. Some landlords will obey the court order of six months but spend all his life saves to get you frustrated or killed spiritually. Becareful, juju no dey into law.

3 Likes

Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by maasoap(m): 10:53am On Dec 16, 2018
tayo4ng:
just move your things out of his house simple
Lilshorecords:
Guy pack comot. Shey na u build house for am?

Kids that are still being fed by their parents, it is not difficult to spot them.
That they are kids is not the problem, but they lack wisdom and are not ready to learn.
Can someone just be ordered to pack and move like that? Not even in Banana Republic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by DonDraper66: 10:54am On Dec 16, 2018
you must very careful with this advice of going to court-if needed. Remember that no man will ever be happy with you-when dragged into court issues over his properties. It's better you respect your self and respond positively to his order. Some landlords will obey the court order of six months but spend all his life saves to get you frustrated or killed spiritually. Becareful, juju no dey into law.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by spin101: 10:54am On Dec 16, 2018
I will advise you work towards renting another apartment.Your landlord owns his property and from what i can deduce, he wants to either renovate or repair his house.He has acted within the law which is serving you a quit notice 4 months to expiration and giving you an extra 2months after expiration.By so, he is not against the law.I will advise you complete your rent which is due in April before you start searching for another house since you have 60 days after expiration.Whether you are good tenant or not, he might be sending you to where your greatness is.By God's grace you will also be a Landlord soon.

3 Likes

Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by princenaira(m): 10:58am On Dec 16, 2018
Blackfire:

The first thing is not to panic.... Can you do that?

Now this is my advise, at the expiration of your rent, go and meet him for renewal, if he refused and ask you to park out...

Like I said don't panic..

He will have to bring a note from the court...
If he does that be sure to live in that house for 8months without paying rent...

Can you act?
When you go to court , act like an orphan ,play the victim...

Thank me later

You lie, wrong afvice

2 Likes

Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 16, 2018
Na wah oh... you wan fight on top another man property...why not save that energy and whatever resources at your disposal into acquiring/building your own? Go look for a new place. If you listen to folks wey advice you to stay till 2020 your landlord no go break in...as you dey expect to make trouble...him go remove roof on top your head...shey him don give give you 6months notice... you go hijack him property? Have some decency and self respect for your self...go look for a new apartment. As Dem bury your placenta for there, go aside to speak to him on the basis you have been a good tenant. All the best...no do trouble for another man property as you no know the foundation...if nah Dem people nah Ghana must go you go take fly fence for middle of night... shioor. This nah Nigeria, use native sense some time, e go save you trouble.

3 Likes

Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 16, 2018
spin101:
I will advise you work towards renting another apartment.Your landlord owns his property and from what i can deduce, he wants to either renovate or repair his house.He has acted within the law which is serving you a quit notice 4 months to expiration and giving you an extra 2months after expiration.By so, he is not against the law.I will advise you complete your rent which is due in April before you start searching for another house since you have 60 days after expiration.Whether you are good tenant or not, he might be sending you to where your greatness is.By God's grace you will also be a Landlord soon.
exactly
Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by mayorkyzo: 11:01am On Dec 16, 2018
4months remaining on your rent +2mothns that's 6months. That's the legal time frame for quit notice for a yearly tenant...
Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by maasoap(m): 11:01am On Dec 16, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
Oga calculate well, he gave 6 months notice January to April 4 months plus 2 extra months 6 months. If he goes to court, he'll only be wasting his time and money. Best to go speak to the landlord on a personal one on one level since he has always held up his own end of the bargain. The Landlord must have also sought legal advice too.

January to April can't be counted as notice Oga. Did he return the payment for that period? No
Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by dgee1(m): 11:01am On Dec 16, 2018
AreaFada2:

It is his house. He has the right to need his property back.
What matters is giving adequate legal notice. Did you not specify what notice period is needed by both parties in the tenancy agreement?

Imagine you have to move to another city due to work or you are fed up with living in the house, you give him adequate legal notice, would you like him to force you to stay there? If you will not like that why should a landlord who owns his house be forced to have tenants in his house if he wants them to go with adequate legal notice?

If you want to do well in life do not listen to advice of those who with their actions and advice are not planning to do well.

Aspire to own your own house (if you do not already own one in that city) and work towards it. Not creating problems for a landlord entitled to have his house back.

My tenants and their guarantors sign a tenancy agreement clearly stating renewal terms and conditions and the process involved when the tenant wants to leave the property and when the landlord wants the property back. Every savvy tenant and landlord should have mutually agreed ab initio.

I think in Nigeria we just like creating problems when such can be easily avoided.
Be aware that when you create problems for landlord, you inadvertently encourage tenant profiling. Be it tribal, age, job type, marital status, or other kind of profiling.

It is now common in Lagos for landlords to categorically say they do not want people from certain tribes. Due to previous experiences. It may be unfair but humans are largely subjective.

God bless you

1 Like

Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by colestephan86: 11:01am On Dec 16, 2018
olaben16:
Good morning Nairalanders.
Please help a fellow with an advice this morning.

So, two weeks ago my landlord came to the compound, and said the caretaker who was handling the building for him was no longer in charge that they have parted ways.

Then we all complained of the state of affairs between tenants and how only some of us have been shouldering the responsibilities of repairs, and others are never contributing.

For the records, there are only four flats, two up and two down.

In his response, he said he was disappointed that we were not cooperating as neighbors.

Without proffering any solution, he left only for him to come this morning with quit notice for all for tenants.

That we should pack out two months after expiration of our various rent.

Now it should be noted that I have never owned him rent, and we pay yearly.

My current rent will expire April 30th 2019.

Now my question is this.

Is that how quit notices are served?

Is it right to give a tenant that pays yearly rent just two months to pack out?

I have never been involved with this landlord/tenant wahala, so don't know the best action to take.

Please legal people in the house, I need your advice.

Your advice will be very helpful in my next line of action.

God bless you all.

Help a brother by pushing it for me.

Quit notice takes effect immediately after your rent expires, if you are a yearly tenant u get 6months if u pay every 6months you get 3months notice. But what I will advice you is to go n meet him personally , don't go in group n speak for yourself Yoruba say oro tutu lo n yo obi lapo. Kind words fit Comot cola from pocket
Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by Newboss(m): 11:01am On Dec 16, 2018
MrPresident1:
Why do you pay yearly rent in Nigeria? That's criminal and fraudulent. In Nairobi, we pay monthly!

Monthly is as good as daily angry

It's fraudulent! angry If you lose your job, then you'd have to choose between eating and paying the next month's rent angry

But yearly, you have a shïtload of time to save up angry

You wonder why so many people are homeless in civilized countries? angry

Don't even try it angry

2 Likes

Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by Badb0y4lyf(m): 11:03am On Dec 16, 2018
Hello barristers in the house I’m also in this same predicament mine was even worst the landlord gave quick notice just 6 months into my rent so my rent would elapse within a year and also with the stipulated 6 month quick notice. My question are 1) What is the legality of this? 2) what options does the tenant have or can explore? 3) what if I write to the landlord that I can move within a week and would request refund of my 6 month unused rent back and other funds that went into upgrading the house
Barristers In the house please I need your ever knowledgeable advice thanks.

1 Like

Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by Bekermann(m): 11:04am On Dec 16, 2018
Magalan:
Since you are a good tenant, move on with your life.. serve him a letter in June 2019, move out in Dec 2019 or you can request for another 2mths legally, thats Feb 2020. dont argue or threaten, when he breaks into your apartment is when the real war starts. You charge him for robbery.

Some Landlords behave as if it's not this same country we are all in.

You've said it all. To the OP, if you know your rights and can stand on it, you don't need to be worried.
Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by colestephan86: 11:04am On Dec 16, 2018
omoowo8888:

Tell him to take the case to court....he would be the one pleading with you guys...he must give you atleast 6 months....Fashola signed a bill into law which covers something like this.

I'm sure you are aware that the 6month is not free

1 Like

Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 16, 2018
udemzyudex:

Wait read your post again, let's assume the landlord didn't give him any quit notice, when will he pay the next rent? Is it not after his rent expires which is April?

[s]It's people like you landlords push around and threatened with quit notice. [/s]

Like I said, unless he is willing to refund the rent for the remaining months so he will join it with money he has to rent another apartment, he has to stay there till his rent expires then use is 6 months.

You say he will floor the op in court? Funny, i just hope it doesn't get to that but if it doesn't, the landlord will cry.

Unnecessary, thankfully I am a multiple landlady and my home country has strict laws concerning leases, mortgages and rent, so GL to the op in whatever decision he takes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 16, 2018
There are questions asked these days which makes me wonder really? You have 4 months left of your rent, and your landlord gave you 2 extra months, and you said you asking for advice on what to do? Did you buy the land for him, or did you assist him build the house?
The issue is most folks advising you to get a lawyer or go to court don't know what is involved. The case might take years plus the expenses, legal fees for the lawyer and all. Why not save yourself the stress and get a new apartment.
6 months is enough time to get a new place. I'm pretty certain you one day have a dream of owning your own home,. For whatever reason stated by your landlord he has every reason to take possession of his house once your rent expires ,you have about 4 months, and he gave you an additional 2 months.. Haba.. Let's do the right thing for once

1 Like

Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by maasoap(m): 11:06am On Dec 16, 2018
Realdeals:
To be candid, he is fair. Truly, the law stipulate 6 month notice if you pay on an annual basis.
From your explanation he gave you two month after your rent might have expired in April 2019, all together is still 6 month.

Lol. Very wrong calculation up there. The landlord is trying to be clever by half and you fell for it. Law recognises 6 months after the current rent is due. He has four months to go, so you want him to be looking for another money to pay rent when the one he paid is still active? Law is not stupid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by i1: 11:06am On Dec 16, 2018
olaben16:

So, two weeks ago my landlord came to the compound, and said the caretaker who was handling the building for him was no longer in charge that they have parted ways.

Then we all complained of the state of affairs between tenants and how only some of us have been shouldering the responsibilities of repairs, and others are never contributing.

In his response, he said he was disappointed that we were not cooperating as neighbors.

Without proffering any solution, he left only for him to come this morning with quit notice for all for tenants.

Now my question is this.

I have never been involved with this landlord/tenant wahala, so don't know the best action to take.

God bless you all.

it depends on your type of tenancy.
but 6 months from now is very valid if you are in Lagos. if not it is invalid

1 Like

Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by colestephan86: 11:07am On Dec 16, 2018
olaben16:

Thank you very much, I won't make trouble at all with him.

But are you saying I should wait till June before I serve him?

Thanks again sir.
See I will advice you not to do any legal battel with him cos on the long run you won't win, go n meet him personally n plead with him, you will be surprised what you will result you will get
Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by brownemmanuel43(m): 11:12am On Dec 16, 2018
Now I see why Nigeria is still in this mess. Imagine comments I'm reading here, op without wasting much of your time, kindly contact me. So far your rent is still counting, he has no right to give u 2 months quit notice. Yearly tenants are given 6months, 6months are given 3months. My dear the problem we have in this country is that we don't know our right. Yes. Damn this country. Some are even saying that u should plead with your landlord, for what reason should u plead with him? A tenant can only plead when he/she is owing.
Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by i1: 11:15am On Dec 16, 2018
let me clarify something here.
quit notice expires during your current tenancy and not after. the landlord is not under any legal obligation to give you any extra time. the issue that you are entitled to six months free after the rent expires is not backed by any law. your rent expires so does your tenancy. in fact after the expiration of your rent, its ONE WEEK you are entitled to(Odutola case).

1 Like

Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by Newboss(m): 11:15am On Dec 16, 2018
sassysure:
Honestly this yearly rent has to stop.
Why must people pay rent yearly?

And the govt is busy chasing awufu money cry

What concerns the masses don't bother them as usual

You're even lucky to have yearly rent angry

Monthly rent only benefits the landlords because they're sure of inflow every month without lifting a pin, while you're on a very short leash of 30 days to becoming homelessangry

I see people paying monthly, and I know why people go into robbery angry If they miss a paycheck, their asses are landing on the street in few days angry

1 Like

Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by maasoap(m): 11:17am On Dec 16, 2018
Scizzer:
There are questions asked these days which makes me wonder really? You have 4 months left of your rent, and your landlord gave you 2 extra months, and you said you asking for advice on what to do? Did you buy the land for him, or did you assist him build the house?
The issue is most folks advising you to get a lawyer or go to court don't know what is involved. The case might take years plus the expenses, legal fees for the lawyer and all. Why not save yourself the stress and get a new apartment.
6 months is enough time to get a new place. I'm pretty certain you one day have a dream of owning your own home,. For whatever reason stated by your landlord he has every reason to take possession of his house once your rent expires , you have about 4 months, and be gave you an additional 6 months.. Haba.. Let's do the right thing for once

You're turning this case on its head. Any talk of quit notice when the existing rent is active is invalid. How many times would he be looking for money to rent a house in a year?
To think that this is coming from the educated folks surprised me. If the tenants feel being cheated or treated unfairly, one of the options available is court. We don't have laws in Nigeria for decoration.
Issues like this is not a big deal that would drain your pulse. You guys think it is easy and simple to pack and move. No, it is not.
Owning a property and giving it for rent is not the same thing. Once you put it up for rent, you should know that your rights to do as you wish is limited

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by porthouse7(f): 11:17am On Dec 16, 2018
better go build ur own house which kain legal advice u want
Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by younglawya(m): 11:17am On Dec 16, 2018
Lordsocrates:
Aww mosh u wan pay for the legal advice ? #weytinLawyersDeyDoSef.

I no get time to advice you shaa, so make i do copy and paste from my reading bits.

A tenancy may be terminated by either the landlord or the tenant.
Where a tenancy that was entered into for a specific period (i.e. six months) comes to the end of the six month period, a notice of termination does not have to be issued.
If that period was 6 months or more and the tenant intends to continue in occupation, he/she must inform the landlord of that intention between one and three months before the six month period ends.
It is important to note that it is an offence to purport to serve an invalid notice of termination and then act in reliance on it in a way that adversely affects the interests of the person on whom it was served.
It is vitally important for the party who intends to terminate the lease to serve a valid notice on the other party.

2. The landlord must serve a valid notice of termination on the tenant
A valid notice of termination must be:
(a) in writing
(b) signed by the landlord or by his/her authorised agent
(c) specify the date of service
(d) where the tenancy has been more than 6 months state the reason for termination.
(e) specify the termination date, the tenant has 24 hours from this date to leave.
(f) state that any issue as to the validity of the notice or the right of the landlord to serve it must be referred to the Private Residential Tenancies Board within 28 days from the receipt of the notice.
(g) The notice may be served on the tenant in person, may be left at the rented property, or may be posted to the property. If it appears that the tenant is not in occupation, the notice may be served on the outside of the property.

3. Notice periods
Subject to the terms of the lease (tenancy) the notice period to terminate a tenant’s tenancy is determined by the duration of the tenancy as follows:
(a) Less than 6 months 28 days notice
(b) 6 or more months but less than 1 year 35 days notice
(c) 1 year or more but less than 2 years 42 days notice
(d) 2 years or more but less than 3 years 56 days notice
(e) 3 years or more but less than 4 years 84 days notice
(f) 4 or more years 112 days notice
4. Valid reasons for terminating a tenancy that has lasted more than 6 months and less than 4 years
Where a tenancy has lasted more than 6 months and less than 4 years, the landlord must state in the termination notice the reason the tenancy is being terminated and the termination will not be valid unless that reason relates to one of the following:
(a) the tenant has failed to comply with the obligations of the tenancy.
(Unless the termination is for serious anti-social behaviour the tenant must have been given an opportunity to rectify the matter and have failed to have done so for the termination to be valid.)
(b) the landlord intends to sell the property within the next 3 months.
(c ) the property is no longer suited to the needs of the occupying household.
(d) the landlord requires the dwelling for own or family member occupation.
(e) vacant possession is required for substantial refurbishment of the property.
(f) the landlord intends to change the use of the property.
In the cases of (d), (e) and (f) of the listed termination grounds, the termination notice must contain certain additional details as specified in the Act relating to the former tenant being given first refusal to resume the tenancy should the property become available for re-letting.

5. The tenant must serve a valid notice of termination on the landlord
A valid notice of termination must be:
(a) in writing
(b) signed by the tenant
(c) specify the date of service
(d) specify the termination date (the tenant has 24 hours from this date to leave
(e) state that any issue as to the validity of the notice or the right of the tenant to serve it must be referred to the Private Residential Tenancies Board within 28 days from the receipt of the notice.
(f) The notice may be served on the landlord or his/her agent in person, or may be left at or posted to the landlord/agent contact address.

6. Notice periods
Subject to the terms of the lease (tenancy) the notice period to terminate a landlord’s tenancy is determined by the duration of the tenancy as follows:
(a) Less than 6 months: 28 days notice.
(b) 6 or more months but less than 1 year: 35 days notice.
(c) 1 year or more but less than 2 years: 42 days notice.
(d) 2 years or more but less than 3 years: 56 days notice.
(e) 3 years or more but less than 4 years: 84 days notice.
(f) 4 or more years: 112 days notice.
(g)The tenant need not supply a reason for terminating the tenancy except where terminating for a breach of the landlord’s obligations or where the required notice period is only 7 days.
(h) Notice of termination of tenancy with multiple tenants
Where the tenancy is let to a number of tenants jointly, the notice of termination will be valid if it is signed by any one of the multiple tenants on behalf of all the tenants. The other tenants must be named in the notice. A purported notice is not valid if the other named tenants have not agreed to its service.
(i) Deemed termination of tenancy by tenant
A tenancy is deemed to have been terminated by the tenant where the tenant has vacated the dwelling without giving the required amount of notice and is in arrears of rent or vacates without any notice and is at least 28 days in arrears of rent.

7. Lesser Notice Periods by Landlords and Tenants
(a) Only 7 days notice need be given by a landlord to a tenant where the termination notice results from serious anti-social behaviour by the tenant or behaviour that is threatening to the fabric of the property or the property containing it.
(b) Only 7 days notice need be given by the tenant to the landlord where the reason for the termination is that the behaviour of the landlord poses an imminent danger of serious injury or death or danger to the fabric of the property or the property containing the property.
(c) Otherwise the normal notice period for terminating a tenancy by reason of non-compliance with tenancy obligations is 28 days for both landlords and tenants where the failure has been notified in writing and not remedied within a specified period.
(d) Where the breach of the tenant’s obligations is a failure to pay the amount of rent due, a termination notice may only be served following the written notification by the landlord to the tenant of the amount owing and the rent still being owed 14 days after that notification is received.
(e) Landlords and tenants are free to agree a lesser notice period than those specified in the Act. However, such an agreement may only be entered into at or after the time that one of the parties indicates to the other the intention to terminate the tenancy. It is not, for example, legal to agree to a shorter notice period at the time the tenancy is being first entered into.

8. Greater Notice Periods by Landlords and Tenants
Tenants and landlords are free to agree longer notice periods than those specified in the Act. However the maximum notice period that can be given by either party to terminate a tenancy where the notice is being issued during its first 6 months is 70 days.

9. Sub-tenants
(a) When a landlord is terminating a tenancy that is sub-let, the landlord must notify the head-tenant of any requirement to terminate the subtenancy. If so, the landlord must also serve the sub-tenant with a copy of the notice of termination.
(b) Where the landlord wishes the head-tenant to terminate the sub tenancy, the head-tenant must serve a notice of termination on the subtenant within 28 days of the head-tenant’s receipt of the notice of termination from the landlord.
(c) If the head-tenant intends to refer a dispute to the Board about the validity of the termination, the notice served on the sub-tenant must require the sub-tenant to inform the head-tenant within 10 days whether or not the sub-tenant also wishes to dispute the validity of the termination and the head-tenant may not refer the dispute until 15 days after the service of that notice on the sub-tenant.

10. Where the landlord does not require the head-tenant to terminate the sub-tenancy
(a) the head-tenant must notify the sub-tenant within 28 days of the contents of the termination notice received.
(b) the head-tenant must also notify the sub-tenant if he/she intends to refer a dispute about the validity of the notice to the Board and of the outcome of the dispute within 14 days of receipt of the Board’s determination order.
(c) If the termination of the head-tenancy is found to be valid, the sub-tenant would then become the tenant of the landlord.

Completely incorrect

1 Like

Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by BrokenCock: 11:17am On Dec 16, 2018
MrPresident1:
Why do you pay yearly rent in Nigeria? That's criminal and fraudulent. In Nairobi, we pay monthly!
that a man fuckx a small boy in kenya doesn't mean we shd follow the trend in Nairobi . We have the Nigerian constitution n u guys havr ur laws too
Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by Maccoy507: 11:18am On Dec 16, 2018
mogbojaiye:

If is me dat is d landlord I will remove my doors in your apartment since u wan claim smart, ,,,,,,u forget say 9ja na lawless country?
grin grin grin bad guy
Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by noeloge82(m): 11:20am On Dec 16, 2018
dgee1:

Spot on!

From what you wrote, I would like to believe you own a house or you've had a lot of experience about landlord/tenant issues.

I also have the feeling they were claiming rights and throwing jabs at the landlord. Sometimes playing mumu with landlords is the easiest way to 'catch' them.

Once most people pay rent they would begin to attempt to lord it over the landlord, especially some guys from a particular part of the country and I'm not a tribal bigot.

You are very correct claiming right on someones property is not d way to go
Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by younglawya(m): 11:20am On Dec 16, 2018
olaben16:

Now my question is this.

God bless you all.

The notice is invalid . You are entitled to a 6 month notice as a sitting tenant that isnt owing rent . Just rest because that notice cannot hold up in court
Re: Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. by udemzyudex(m): 11:22am On Dec 16, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:

The op said his rent will expire in April 2019.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Construction Of 5 Bedroom Duplex And a 4 Bedroom Bungalow in Imo State. / Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki / Eko Atlantic: Champagne Pearl Tower - 30 Floors & Black Pearl Tower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.