Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent (44640 Views)

Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent / Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by luminouz(m): 1:53am On Jan 13, 2019
ImaIma1:

Chai! My ears are itching...I went to UI too. I have been cracking my brain
Let em keep itching.... grin

I ain't no SNITCH!!!!! wink
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by clemmonce(m): 2:00am On Jan 13, 2019
TEYA:

Wow! I never knew that is possible. Someone told me a baby's genotype can't be know until after delivery.
science has really gone far.... Google about it

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by 1Sharon(f): 2:54am On Jan 13, 2019
agylistic77:
Most of this marriage disapproval comes from the Man family.. Their reasons are not most time genuine.they are just self center, the sisters are the one's that normally poison their parent not to accept the intended wife because of jealousy...
My advice. Marry the person you know that can love,cherish, and can tolerate you because no human is perfect..

This is so true. As a woman in a relationship, you have worry about the guys mother and his sisters not liking you
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by 1Sharon(f): 2:58am On Jan 13, 2019
SenorFax:
Going through this thread and I realise why the world is in chaos. "Lack of home training"

If you fail to listen to your parent you can never listen to anybody in this life. If they can't convince you, no single living soul can convince you.

As a parent, you want the best for your child, imagining that child telling you your best is bullshit. Well, karma is a bitch, you get what you give.

This is me
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 5:30am On Jan 13, 2019
Daeylar:

What kind of incest and codependency levels is this?

I don't know.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 5:32am On Jan 13, 2019
Mizwisdom:

It's a mental thing because you've been programmed to accept weakness that's why you need sons to protect you lol I hope you don't get dissapointed when your daughter in law doesn't allow you share, just pray your future husband lives long enough to protect you because he's truly yours. I really want to know what your child will protect you from? sounds interesting to me smiley

Wait till you become a grand mother....
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by justwise(m): 6:40am On Jan 13, 2019
Ishilove:

Is this like hearing the 'small, silent voice', or an inspiration? Conviction? How did you 'hear' God?

That is what it’s , if you heard a loud voice then it’s from your neighbor.

God is a spirit and misters to us through our feelings and convictions.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by dolak: 6:57am On Jan 13, 2019
Had to go search for you...... If Atiku and Titi could achieve it, then I wish you well.

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by chris31(m): 7:22am On Jan 13, 2019
Moneystopnonsen:
Married against my mother's wish. She never liked my wife when she was babe then in school, simply because she says I give her attention too much more than i give to her.

Fast forward to after 8years of dating her, mum complained about how can i be stuck with one girl when guys where frolicking about.

After Nysc i started planning marriage, mum actually arranged her friends daughter for me, she was hot, but me i overlooked her because I was hell bent on been opposite of what my father was.

3 years ago i married my wife, mum only came for the traditional. She gave me plenty condition for my white and i was like why will my own mum want to sabotage my life simply bcoz of jealosy. Because of her I didn't do white wedding. I went to the registry and married my wife.

Today I have 2 kids and my wife is my back bone, mum still detest her and is pretending, I have made it clear to her you can't love me, love the kids she gave you and dislike her.

Recently she went as far as smearing my wife's image To my younger brothers who are not in Nigeria, I wonder what she wants to gain. So am paying her back with no access to me at all. Until she retraces her step.

If u notice I didn't talk about my dad, he is alive, his an old arse hole for university of Ibadan females both students and hostel female staff, he can gift u a car just to lay u.

Mum is just a control freak. She has lived her marital life yet wants to live another through me, but kole work ooo

Go make peace with ur mum ur making a bigger mistake forget wives they are only there to give u children u wont understand but someday u will

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Willie2015: 7:24am On Jan 13, 2019
ivolt:

People without both parents or those who got consent have experienced worse.
It is wrong to link bad luck to rebellious behavior.

Life aint always a bed of roses, we all know that for a fact ...
But when badluck makes your household its headquarters .....
Then you should know there is a reason ... & its not abt rebellious behaviour....
A wise man will know it is time to find out the source of the problem...
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by vickspider(f): 7:36am On Jan 13, 2019
Try your best to obtain their consent.It is well with you and Wifey to be
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by olumyde(m): 7:40am On Jan 13, 2019
DavidEsq:

Omo, my wife tell me one story about one babe wey future mother in law no allow rest o. Na so so trouble: "u wld never marry my son" matters. Las las, then kuku separate. The mama go bring one geh wey she like. Guess Wetin happen? Na that girl wey the mama like naim kill the mama. The geh come tire for the way the mama dey so so dey com the house. The geh com quarrel with the mama, push her fall. Omo na so mama take off o! Marriage end o.
In fact Wetin me be dey plan before ehn. If dem no accept my babe, after I don try to convince dem, I go separate, com marry geh wey I know she bad die. Na that geh go show dem shegey wela. Me I go suffer but I sabi bear rubbish o just to make my point. But las las I still married the chick of me dreamz and I no send their wahala. I dey flex my marriage dey go and my wife funny pass warri geh.

Imagine, the woman ended her life because of her stubbornness.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by pweetygiftofGod(f): 7:42am On Jan 13, 2019
An uncle though, he was dating this sister from the east ( Name withheld) but when her family knew about them, they were against the relationship. These two lovers still went ahead thinking the family will later allow them to marry, 2014 precisely, she wasn't sick, like film, she died. From then till now, she's been in the mortuary, her family says, “ full marital rites ” without negotiations will be done before burial plans else, he'll face their wrath.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by OkoAnike(m): 7:42am On Jan 13, 2019
Tallesty1:
No experience so I will be sharing my senior brother's experience.

Dude came home one day with one tall bae like that from Anambra.

He called the fam together and introduced her as the girl he will marry, Oh Boy.... My old man no even let him finish before he provoke.

He said it ain't happening, that all his kids will marry from my state.

Mumsy calmed him but she sef no support the thing.

Later that night(after the girl don go) he(dad) called us together and started giving reason why we should not marry from another state.

My bro told him that he and the girl don tey so he no fit leave am like that.

I told them to let him marry whoever he likes after all nah he go live with am.

But the reason I supported him be say me sef dey date one girl from Anambra that time.

Mumsy later gree but palee refused so with mom's support, we do strong head go marry her.

To cut the story short, the lady is my dad's favorite daughter in law till today and they're happily married with 4 kids.

2 boys and 2 girls.

Brother, you don't have Problem when things go smooth in situations like this, of course she's going to be Dad favourite because things are perfect... what happened if things don't work out well, what will you fall back on, because your family are suppose to be your back up...
I wish the young man well in this journey of life he's embacking on, if things go well, everything will be good, but what happens if the un-expected happened?

Please, watch out for your self, life is too complicated not to have a family back up.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by olumyde(m): 7:44am On Jan 13, 2019
ImaIma1:

Wow! It is good to hear someone say what I always say. Children should not feel they are indebted to their parents for bringing them up. Who else should have done it? The child didn't beg to be born. In fact the parents most likely prayed for a child.

Many mums keep blackmailing their kids with "I carried you for 9months" as if other mum's that give their children freedom carried theirs for 2 weeks. I consider men that cannot stand up to their mums to be weak.

I completely agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by olumyde(m): 7:50am On Jan 13, 2019
pweetygiftofGod:
An uncle though, he was dating this sister from the east ( Name withheld) but when her family knew about them, they were against the relationship. These two lovers still went ahead thinking the family will later allow them to marry, 2014 precisely, she wasn't sick, like film, she died. From then till now, she's been in the mortuary, her family says, “ full marital rites ” without negotiations will be done before burial plans else, he'll face their wrath.

People who got married with parental consent also loose their spouses. Even though, according to this incidence, they weren't even married.
But wait o, the dead body has been in the mortuary for 5 years now? Who is paying? Do they even allow that?

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by olumyde(m): 7:53am On Jan 13, 2019
dolak:
Had to go search for you...... If Atiku and Titi could achieve it, then I wish you well.
Wow! Never knew this.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Mizwisdom(f): 7:57am On Jan 13, 2019
LynnnCHI:

Wait till you become a grand mother....

Are you one yourself? I have one in my family and she's not how you describe it at all. She's got a shop and friends that keep her busy, she also goes to church a lot smiley takre.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by ChiefAzubuike(f): 8:19am On Jan 13, 2019
Nigerian parents are the worst sets of parents you can see. They think they can control and monitor your life. Some of them go as far as choosing careers for their wards, telling them what they must go and study in the university. "Oh my son must be a doctor", " my daughter must be a lawyer".

They make matters worse by comparing you to their friends kids who are quite doing well. They even go the extra mile of telling you who to marry and who you shouldn't or even bringing a spouse home for you. I had a friend whose parents were hell bent on him marrying their friends daughter. He rejected and went for another girl. The parents obviously didn't show up for the wedding. The guy migrated with her to the states afterwards . Till today they're doing well but haven't kept tabs with their parents ever since.

Nigerian parents are so terrible.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by firstolalekan(m): 8:20am On Jan 13, 2019
ibinaboonline:
My brother, no matter how many people's experience put together for you to examine, it will not give you an accurate prediction of your future. No two lives are the same and everyone's case is unique. Just use your heart. Finally, [s]I hope you're a born again Christian, it's so much better if you are.[/s]
Rubbish
As if you've experienced in other religion...
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by ImaIma1(f): 8:21am On Jan 13, 2019
luminouz:

Let em keep itching.... grin

I ain't no SNITCH!!!!! wink

Ok too

But anyway, I can bet he's in social science. Na there them plenty.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Ignatio(m): 8:39am On Jan 13, 2019
Had an aunt. Very beautiful. Parents and siblings were against her marrying the man. Dude was a hemp smoking low life. But it was too late she was already pregnant and the marriage had to go on. Some years down it got all messy. She later left the man's house to my grandma's house to have some break. By then her health was failing. We lost her. She was sad in the marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by DavidEsq(m): 8:52am On Jan 13, 2019
olumyde:

Imagine, the woman ended her life because of her stubbornness.
U can imagine, my bro
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Amaechi5(m): 9:25am On Jan 13, 2019
If anything goes wrong, that's when your eyes go open.
https://zpykiostech.com/pes-19-iso-ppsspp/
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 13, 2019
majekdom2:
OP if you like you self. Follow this advice keenly, I mean keenly especially if your parent were responsible for your upbringing. What you are yet to see, your parents can see from a far. I am not married but have been in 2 serious relationships that almost led to marriage. My parent had problem with one and that one remains my worst night mare till date even till this present minute. I am happy I didn’t make the mistake to continue in that relationship.

You must be a very bitter person.. always talking about your ex, always relating.. it must be so hard for you to move on! Move on dude and look ahead.. she is gone, count your loss and move on! You sound very pathetic grin

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 13, 2019
majekdom2:
I relate with your story very well!!!

This is 2019 and you are still relating, you will continue relating till 2025 grin the relator grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by OldBeer: 10:04am On Jan 13, 2019
ovanda:
I am currently facing the same issues with my family but I will stand my ground. My mum is just making trouble for everybody. Because the girl I intend to marry is not serving her like a slave, she doesn't qualify to be married. she's gotten away with behaviour such as this for far too long but in my tenure, she go learn lessons. I don't care if I am isolated from my family after all they don't feed me. it should be noted that I have dated this girl for 10yr now and somebody is telling rubbish because her papa no be dangote abi? na me and them, make we see as e go be. And for people who are saying God forbid they marry without their parents consent are nothing but over pampered kids!!
Na man you be jare.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by dauddy97(m): 10:05am On Jan 13, 2019
Memories12411:
If you want to marry and nobody opposes, please, leave that marriage. If you see everybody clapping and cheering, just know that you are heading towards destruction.
this is the best message ever. I love your short message that goes along way.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by sterlingD(m): 10:42am On Jan 13, 2019
Giantslayer:

The story still falls under parental nonconsent marriage.
My brother allow emotions becloud his sense of reasoning and judgment

How does one know when his emotion is beclouding his sense of reasoning and judgement.l am very apprehensive of what l have been reading about marriage.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by sandra50(f): 10:52am On Jan 13, 2019
5thElement:

He isn't looking for advice. He's looking for people to share their experiences so that he can learn from them.

Like he said, talk is cheap indeed.
Please take yourself out of here..so if he gets good response from people here and the one his mother is trying to protect him from is something that would kill him then he should go ahead.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 13, 2019
sterlingD:

How does one know when his emotion is beclouding his sense of reasoning and judgement.l am very apprehensive of what l have been reading about marriage.

When you claim to love your partner despite the red flags
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 13, 2019
sandra50:

Please take yourself out of here..so if he gets good response from people here and the one his mother is trying to protect him from is something that would kill him then he should go ahead.

I'm sure you know what you can do with your opinion. I'll give you two options.

choke on it or

stick it up your ass.

your choice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. / Newlywedded Nigerian Lady Discovers She Married “I Better Pass My Neighbor” Gen. / OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.