Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,326 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

The legitimate concubine. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The legitimate concubine. (23770 Views)

Concubine’s Vengeance (18+) / Is It A Sin To Have A Concubine? / Leave My Concubine Alone Wife Said As Hubby Catches Her Half Naked In Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The legitimate concubine. by mrblessed(m): 8:57am On Jan 15, 2019
Toks2008:

Before you entered nursery school I have cleared my waec and I had A1 in English. Your silly innuendo about a flimsy typo errir which I had no time to correct after posting does not mean you are of a sound mind.

Apparently you have no meaningful input to make here so please stop digressing and allow intelligent minds make comments ok! Mr gramme r.
What a prolific writer you are! It seems like making infantile grammatical error is part of your thought process. Oga Prolific, it is grammar, not grammer. Or is it another evidence of typographical error? Resorting to name-calling and empty boost about making good grade in English language show how bruised your fragile ego is.

There are two type of errors: errors of ignorance and errors of carelessness. The mistakes I pointed out in your previous posts are inexcusably errors of ignorance, and not as a result of lack of forethought and carelessness.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Akposb(m): 9:07am On Jan 15, 2019
One of the biggest crap I have read of recent.
You twisted the scripture just to prove a silly point. The Bible is explicitly clear on a man and a wife from the beginning especially from the creation of Adam and Eve and then Abraham and Sarah until he deviated.
Christ was of the opinion that man should marry only one wife while some may not marry at all.
I understand that there may be some ambiguity in the Bible especially to those who can't discern its spiritual meaning but passing off some weird opinion as wise sounds like blasphemy.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 9:35am On Jan 15, 2019
ImaIma1:
Having a concubine whether legal or illegal is adultery still... from whichever side it is viewed from

This legal concubine idea is flawed because most men that cannot stick to one wife will not stick to one concubine. If they can have one, why not two or three? So they end up having 5 "legal" concubines.

I think the days are already here where people develop their own truth based on what appeals to them and how they choose to view life. However I don't think impressionable and susceptible minds should be exposed to such unvalidated ideas

This is an insightful contribution.

Now we need to draw a line between marrying more wives and the act of adultery.

Polygamy and adultery are very parallel. Adultery is when a single person sleeps with a married person, when a married person sleeps with another person's spouse. If a married man decides to marry a single lady it is not adultery and we need not go into whether or not the man sleeps with her before marrying her.

Now a man may decide to marry 2,5,10 concubine...its his choice.

Monogamy and polygamy is a choice and everyman to his choice.

So as you wrote, the truth is relative to different people...and we must accept what everyone feels but this does not overshadow the universal truth.

2 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 9:46am On Jan 15, 2019
Akposb:
You twisted the scripture just to prove a silly point. The Bible is explicitly clear on a man and a wife from the beginning especially from the creation of Adam and Eve and then Abraham and Sarah until he deviated.
Christ was of the opinion that man should marry only one wife while some may not marry at all.
I understand that there may be some ambiguity in the Bible especially to those who can't discern its spiritual meaning but passing off some weird opinion as wise sounds like blasphemy.

Yes it sounds like blasphemy because we want to believe what we want to.

The interesting twist is that people prefer to use man's ideology to explain the bible.

It was clear that GOD permitted polygamy to the extent that he even gave laws to avoid issues in a polygamous settings and I quote...
Exodus 21:10
"If he takes another wife, he must not reduce the food, clothing, or marital rights of his first wife"

Regardless of this verse referring to a slave being given away as a wife,it does not remove the fact that it was permitted in the days of old and great men of GOD had concubines..infact the wisest and richest man to ever live had 700wives and 300 concubines.

Bro I'm not interested in feeding the world with heresy...i. a holy ghost filled heaven bound believer in christ....i believe strongly that GOD permitted polygamy for a reason and I explained that in my write up.

Having legitimate concubines is safer than having mistresses or commuting sexual sins of indiscriminate sex.

The most astonishing twist is that today many ladies who will condemn tbis write up are having illicit affair with married men so why the hypocrisy?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The legitimate concubine. by ImaIma1(f): 10:32am On Jan 15, 2019
Toks2008:

This is an insightful contribution.

Now we need to draw a line between marrying more wives and the act of adultery.

Polygamy and adultery are very parallel. Adultery is when a single person sleeps with a married person, when a married person sleeps with another person's spouse. If a married man decides to marry a single lady it is not adultery and we need not go into whether or not the man sleeps with her before marrying her.

Now a man may decide to marry 2,5,10 concubine...its his choice.

Monogamy and polygamy is a choice and everyman to his choice.

So as you wrote, the truth is relative to different people...and we must accept what everyone feels but this does not overshadow the universal truth.

The truth is one. Some people just decide to have variations of the truth.

Adultery is voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person that is not their spouse. So whether or not the person is married is not the issue as long as it is not the spouse.

Your definition of adultery is your own variation of the truth that you have chosen to adopt. That doesn't make it true.

Polygamy is like living in adultery on a daily basis. And polygamy doesn't curb adultery. Or how do people end up marrying the third, fourth and fifth wives?

Everyone has a right to live their lives the way they see fit. After all, we are all answerable to our maker individually. But no one should try to enforce a tainted truth as the truth.

If you want to be polygamous and adulterous or to have a"legal concubine" due to lack of self control or extreme love for pleasure, don't try to drag everyone along by enforcing your own version of "truth". Don't try to get validation. Believe in your truth and live with it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 10:54am On Jan 15, 2019
ImaIma1:

If you want to be polygamous and adulterous or to have a"legal concubine" due to lack of self control or extreme love for pleasure, don't try to drag everyone along by enforcing your own version of "truth". Don't try to get validation. Believe in your truth and live with it.

LOL! you are getting emotional. There is nothing like my version of truth. Amazingly you have not argued your point with facts but you are only being emotional.

Adulery by biblical definition is when a man has illicit intercourse with a married or a betrothed woman.or visavis. So there is nothing like my definition.

As long as a man marries a lady there is nothing like adultery even if he marries a million women and no mater how emotional any lady gets,it wont change the truth that having legitimate concubines is very scriptural and very PERMISSIBLE by GOD.

The hypocrisy in the world today is so crazy that though the world is quick to bark at anyone like me who writes the truth but will prefer to practice the same act in secret.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The legitimate concubine. by ImaIma1(f): 12:31pm On Jan 15, 2019
Toks2008:

LOL! you are getting emotional. There is nothing like my version of truth. Amazingly you have not argued your point with facts but you are only being emotional.

Adulery by biblical definition is when a man has illicit intercourse with a married or a betrothed woman.or visavis. So there is nothing like my definition.

As long as a man marries a lady there is nothing like adultery even if he marries a million women and no mater how emotional any lady gets,it wont change the truth that having legitimate concubines is very scriptural and very PERMISSIBLE by GOD.

The hypocrisy in the world today is so crazy that though the world is quick to bark at anyone like me who writes the truth but will prefer to practice the same act in secret.

I don't know where you detected the emotions you mentioned.

Adultery in the Bible and universally is when a married person has sex with someone that is not their spouse. Except you are mixing up the Qur'an with the Bible. Get it right.

I am not arguing. I am just making clarifications.

You are not the authority in any of the topics you mentioned. So your assertions and ideas are just yours. They are not law or anything to live by.

You know...what is applicable in the Qur'an is not in the Bible. The same way a lot of people believe God is not the same God in both books.

3 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 2:31pm On Jan 15, 2019
ImaIma1:

Adultery in the Bible and universally is when a married person has sex with someone that is not their spouse. Except you are mixing up the Qur'an with the Bible. Get it right.

Wait o wht is the basis for your argument if i may ask? did you read the write up at all? when i wrote legitimate concubine im talking about a lady a man marries legitimately which makes her his spouse so what is the fuss about?

3 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2019
Akposb:

Am curious to know if there is any EXPLICIT, UNAMBIGUOUS verse in the Whole of the Bible which you can quote that has condemned POLYGAMY.

3 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2019
ImaIma1:

The truth is one. Some people just decide to have variations of the truth.

[b]Adultery is voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person that is not their spouse. [/b]So whether or not the person is married is not the issue as long as it is not the spouse.

Your definition of adultery is your own variation of the truth that you have chosen to adopt. That doesn't make it true.

Polygamy is like living in adultery on a daily basis. And polygamy doesn't curb adultery. Or how do people end up marrying the third, fourth and fifth wives?

Everyone has a right to live their lives the way they see fit. After all, we are all answerable to our maker individually. But no one should try to enforce a tainted truth as the truth.

You have given us your defination of adultery. What is your defination of Polygamy?! LET'S SEE HOW YOUR TRUTH IS UNTAINTED.

2 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by ImaIma1(f): 6:02pm On Jan 15, 2019
Toks2008:

Wait o wht is the basis for your argument if i may ask? did you read the write up at all? when i wrote legitimate concubine im talking about a lady a man marries legitimately which makes her his spouse so what is the fuss about?

You seem to be the one fussing?

2 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by ImaIma1(f): 6:04pm On Jan 15, 2019
WORDWORLD:

You have given us your defination of adultery. What is your defination of Polygamy?! LET'S SEE HOW YOUR TRUTH IS UNTAINTED.

You want me to define polygamy for the basis of attack from you. You are already like a tiger waiting to pounce. I'll pass.

3 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 6:05pm On Jan 15, 2019
ImaIma1:

You seem to be the one fussing?

Aunty please dont pass go anywhere..answer wordworld question. no one is attacking anyone,we are all here to learn.

4 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 15, 2019
Toks2008:

Aunty please dont pass go anywhere..answer wordworld question. no one is attacking anyone,we are all here to learn.

She can't answer it without showing how she has been running in circles all over your thread.

2 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 15, 2019
ImaIma1:

You want me to define polygamy for the basis of attack from you. You are already like a tiger waiting to pounce. I'll pass.

ANYBODY WHO GENUINELY HAS THE TRUTH IN THEM HAVE NO FEAR. IT'S OBVIOUS THAT AS LONG AS YOU CHOOSE TO BE TRUTHFUL IN YOUR DEFINATION OF POLYGAMY, YOU WILL BE EXPOSING YOURSELF TO THE FALLACY OF EQUATING POLYGAMY TO ADULTERY.

2 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by ImaIma1(f): 6:17pm On Jan 15, 2019
Toks2008:

Grandpa. I will answer what I want to and when I want to. You two put together cannot intimidate me. If you like form Voltron together tongue

Worlworld hope you can hear too. I am running round in circles because I am not saying what appeals to you. Not everyone can agree with an opinion. Get that right!!

3 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 15, 2019
ImaIma1:

Grandpa. I will answer what I want to and when I want to. You two put together cannot intimidate me. If you like form Voltron together tongue

Worlworld hope you can hear too. I am running round in circles because I am not saying what appeals to you. Not everyone can agree with an opinion. Get that right!!

On the contrary, you are running in circles because Toks2008 is telling you what you find not appealing to you.
Re: The legitimate concubine. by ImaIma1(f): 6:26pm On Jan 15, 2019
WORDWORLD:

ANYBODY WHO GENUINELY HAS THE TRUTH IN THEM HAVE NO FEAR. IT'S OBVIOUS THAT AS LONG AS YOU CHOOSE TO BE TRUTHFUL IN YOUR DEFINATION OF POLYGAMY, YOU WILL BE EXPOSING YOURSELF TO THE FALLACY OF EQUATING POLYGAMY TO ADULTERY.

Quit trying to make me define your polygamy. It won't work. I don't want to go where all this will lead. So if you like call me coward or use all the persuasion or taunting tactics you have and then join forces with Toks2008 and anyone else, your problem.

4 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by ImaIma1(f): 6:27pm On Jan 15, 2019
WORDWORLD:

On the contrary, you are running in circles because Toks2008 is telling you what you find not appealing to you.

Ok
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 15, 2019
ImaIma1:

Quit trying to make me define your polygamy. It won't work. I don't want to go where all this will lead. So if you like call me coward or use all the persuasion or taunting tactics you have and then join forces with Toks2008 and anyone else, your problem.
grin Your lack of answering the question has evidently lead to where it is meant to lead to. YOU ARE ONLY BEING EMOTIONAL AND NOT RATIONAL.

1 Like

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 6:29pm On Jan 15, 2019
WORDWORLD:

She can't answer it without showing how she has been running in circles all over your thread.

Bro this is my biggest problem with some nairalanders..no one knows it all and i will believe i am a woman and not a man if you can prove to me.

I dont understand why many people will come to a thread and start masturb*ting all over it. They will start asking me foolish questions without discussing the subject matter.

Henceforth i will start ignoring any lame comment.

1 Like

Re: The legitimate concubine. by ibkayee(f): 6:30pm On Jan 15, 2019
Used to think this guy was trolling for laughs. Toks go and see a therapist to deal with your heartbreak abeg, TeHN will sponsor you

2 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 15, 2019
ibkayee:
Used to think this guy was trolling for laughs. Toks go and see a therapist to deal with your heartbreak abeg, TeHN will sponsor you

And how does your comment have anything to do with the discussion.

Let's hear your views on the subject matter.

1 Like

Re: The legitimate concubine. by ImaIma1(f): 7:19pm On Jan 15, 2019
Some people just open threads and are not ready to accept any criticism or opposition. If you don't fall in line with their thoughts and ideas, wahala.

Wisdom is not really about age I have realized.

3 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 7:20pm On Jan 15, 2019
skywalker240:
Toks baba, i can see what you trying to pass, most ladies are just pure victims of cercumstance (this applies to both the 19 and the 40 something years old). a part of me agree.

but my question here is,

dont you think the wife, concubine, adultery thingny blending together (you qouted them from the scriptures) is sort of Hypocritical?

I will say it is purely non hypocritical but the plain undiluted truth. Except im proved wrong.

2 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 15, 2019
So I mean, what exactly is the point of this stupid thread? What is the moral of the story? Because my brain can’t decipher the bullshit you wrote.

3 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by skywalker240(m): 6:26am On Jan 16, 2019
Toks2008:

I will say it is purely non hypocritical but the plain undiluted truth. Except im proved wrong.
OK.
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 10:27pm On Jan 16, 2019
Saffi:
So I mean, what exactly is the point of this stupid thread? What is the moral of the story? Because my brain can’t decipher the bullshit you wrote.

I will ignore those pepper seller terms you used and just hope you grow up mentally but let me just reiterate once more.

I am a Bible believing holy ghost filled heaven bound believer in Christ.

At my age i have seen many things and have gathered enough experience to write on this topic. The Devil has succeeded in deceiving the world by twisting the issue of monogamy and polygamy.

I have seen many pastors fall and great ministries destroyed because of sexual sins,In the west i have experienced first hand situations where women are so depressed and virtually begging men to be with them and these are women who once were married but left their husbands BECAUSE OF ANOTHER WOMAN.

I dont know your age but at the same time age and maturity sometimes can be independent yet the more you grow in age the more you understand some deep things about romance.

Polygamy is not for everyone and monogamy is a choice and not a status quo that MUST be followed by any man. My aim is to discourage men from sexual sins by sleeping around indiscriminately rather they should simply get a legitimate concubine.

Most ladies only wail and cry but they have no viable argument against polygamy and only a foolish woman will leave her husband because of another woman cos such woman will most likely end up as a concubine whilst the concubine she leaves her marriage for will become the wife.

In the west,men readily divorce their wives to be with a new lady and i wonder why this must be so..

I am only trying hard to make you reason but you can believe what you want but trust me,there are million of women out there today on the mountain praying and fasting to see a single man to marry them..even the ones in their late 30s/40s and whilst the answer to their prayer can be met by married men,they kept wasting away looking for a man that will become a widower or divorce his wife to marry them..''Apparently most guys in their late 30s and 40s are married.

I will stop here and hope you see reason in this but pray you dont find your self in a situation where you will remember this thread and as i wrote before,never say it can never happen to you cos life has a way of proving us wrong.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The legitimate concubine. by goldman777: 12:43am On Jan 17, 2019
My only question here is that how do you legalize a concubine for Christ sakes smiley

1 Like

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 10:14am On Jan 17, 2019
goldman777:
My only question here is that how do you legalize a concubine for Christ sakes smiley

By having a legit marriage..Simple..rather than have mistresses upandan that is not only sinful but very unhealthy,money gulping and totally irresponsible.

3 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 17, 2019
Toks2008:

I will ignore those pepper seller terms you used and just hope you grow up mentally but let me just reiterate once more.

I am a Bible believing holy ghost filled heaven bound believer in Christ.

At my age i have seen many things and have gathered enough experience to write on this topic. The Devil has succeeded in deceiving the world by twisting the issue of monogamy and polygamy.

I am a Bible believing holy ghost filled heaven bound believer in Christ --- Errrr not quite sure sir, we cannot trust you on this cheesy grin grin grin

Anyway on a more serious note, everything you said is True & Women usually see a post like this as trying to attack their Gender instead of calling a spade what it is. Women usually see a third party coming to take their place hence Polygamy is a problem for Women, not really Men.

The Bible never really condemned polygamy outrightly, I don't know what motives were taking into consideration that made most Men in the Old Testament marry a lot of Women, but your explanations are not far from the truth. Christianity was brought in by the missionaries in 18th century & was only established in 1842 in Badagry by Henry Townsend. So we just accepted everything they told us, even though the Bible did not specifically say those things. Usually when Preachers talk about married couples, they quote Adam & Eve, as Eve was created from Adams Ribs to be his helper, So a Man should/must marry one Wife but they now leave the rest of the old testaments which sounds funny to me. A lot of assumptions here & there about what God said & did.

I always try to ignore saying this in public, not to get attacked by people or perhaps Female folks as I always try not to offend anyone. Men are polygamous by nature, that is why a Man needs a lot of discipline NOT to actually cheat on his Spouse because the Natural mind wants to cheat at all cost & a lot of Women become very furious when you make statements like this. Cheating doesn't Mean the Woman is doing something wrong, Men want to Cheat because they always feel like it. Period.

Oh & yes, Not all Men cheat, the ones who don't have attained a level of discipline & control of their mind.

However polygamy might be a way out, but history has proven that Polygamous homes usually crumble & Wives / Children fight themselves. I rather have a peaceful home with one Wife than the luxury of many wives without peace & long life, so in the end. I stick to Monogamy.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Perks Of Dating A Yoruba Boy / If On Your Wedding Day, You Discover Your Spouse Lied About His/Her Job? / 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.