Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church (35360 Views)

My Gf Mad Because I Didn't Do This / I finally meet Hilda Baci at shopping mall (It Didn't go well) / Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by realtalk19: 8:59pm On Jan 28, 2019
ogashman:
I didn't go to church yesterday due to the fact that I couldn't iron my clothes because of a total black out by electricity distribution company in my area.

So,I called Bae later in the evening of same day,we talked smoothly about everything,cracked few jokes and laughed and then she asked me if I went to church.

Being the honest type,I told her the truth which was that I didn't go to church, citing my reasons.

Bae really got angry.saying that I never liked going to church bla bla bla.

That how can I call myself a Christian and feel comfortable sitting at home on a sunday.

I apologised for not going to church but also reminded her that going to church does not take one to heaven.

However I told her that one could be a church goer but not a doer of God's word.she should focus more on who I'm and not whether I go to church or not..it doesn't really matter.

There are so many people that go to church yet they do the opposite of what they stand for...it doesn't make sense to me.

After everything, Bae was still angry which led to talking to me in a rude manner and i had to threaten her that I would hang up the call.. She dared me to...I did..because I was fed up with her nagging about church.

I hate pretending to be who I'm not.....I'm a liberal Christian. I go to church most times but not all the time and I hate people wanting to force me to just because they feel it is the right thing.

We have not communicated since yday and I have decided not to call her(knowing she did be waiting for me to call) because I don't think I was wrong in this case.

Pls,My people am I wrong in this?or my girl is just over reacting ?because I see this as a non-issue really.

chuch doesn't define someone rather it's ur personalty.

1 Like

Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 28, 2019
lovelybugs:

Lol o know girls that never miss church on Sunday's but they are always at the club on Fridays

Dude they are balancing things up cheesy
Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by mastermaestro(m): 9:12pm On Jan 28, 2019
bluefilm:

Save your breathe Biko.

You can continue preaching to your fellow minions but not me.

I don't need it.

Truth is, I'd rather accept Tonto Dikeh.

At least, she's a real person.

Not some man-made Jewish godman that even his fellow Jews don't even believe in.

I will be praying for you. You will be saved in JESUS name.

1 Like

Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by Funkybabee(f): 9:12pm On Jan 28, 2019
she didn't deserve you, Please leave her, I can't take such poo also with useless excuse
Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by MissRaine69(f): 9:14pm On Jan 28, 2019
Olabenjamen22:

Even Satan too can preach the gospel
Sure
Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by Tejiriseth(m): 9:14pm On Jan 28, 2019
If You have a sailent point, state it uneqivocally..
MRSoftapples:
So in your mind now, this your comment makes sense abi?

Abeg just use your church mind judge yourself, You get sense so?
Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 28, 2019
oilcity:
The truth is that she loves u and cares for u although she's taking it too far. Hearing God's word regularly will at least reduce the chances of one being sold out to darkness.

There is more hope for a sick man in the hospital than a sick man in the house. Call her jare. it's not abt who's right or wrong but peace and love.
you have spoken well

1 Like

Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by bluefilm: 9:16pm On Jan 28, 2019
mastermaestro:

I will be praying for you. You will be saved in JESUS name.

Amen. grin grin grin grin
Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by Tejiriseth(m): 9:19pm On Jan 28, 2019
Guy.
Am an Atheist.
Quite hardcore and almost Anti-Religious.
But guess what.
My Bae is Religious and even my small small Side chicks them are Religious.
As long as we not talking Church and supreme Beings..
We will go along Just fine..
Oh and they think highly of me.
No one in his or her right Mind still bashes me from not Going to church.. No one..
Except My mom who tries to pursuade me once in a while.
Nothing to make a big deal of.!

1 Like

Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by mastermaestro(m): 9:24pm On Jan 28, 2019
bluefilm:

Amen. grin grin grin grin

And amen!
Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by MissRaine69(f): 9:51pm On Jan 28, 2019
manikspears:
that is a wife material,she wants your life to be better.
And how did you reach that conclusion?
Pray do tell us the specifics, you don’t know what her character in general is like, her persona, her attitude, her intellect all you have is she kicked off because he did not go to church. That’s what you base “wife material” on?
This is how some men end up marrying wrong women. Because you focus on the superficial.
Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by dafizee: 10:37pm On Jan 28, 2019
You no get sense... Qhy would u apologize for no going to church.. undecided undecided
Re u serving her or God
Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by StoneColdBiceps(m): 10:39pm On Jan 28, 2019
MissRaine69:
She is a bit histronic there is no special mandate that stipulates that the only place you can worship God is in a church building. We concern ourselves with where we Worship, when we should worship, what we are wearing, the unholiness of so and so.
Focus on your personal relationship with your maker not a histrionic female. That is what’s important.

Going to church is not even the issue here because the op didn't mentioned how many times he didn't go to church. It's a mere conversation that took a wrong turn. Two immature adults engaging in a conversation. What i see here is that she wants to be in charge and that relevant mumbo jumbo stuff. They are not matured.
Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by Emanodimo(m): 10:51pm On Jan 28, 2019
She is a church girl not a problem. It only becomes a problem when she doesn't respect ur choice of friend, song and family value

For a test of her over religious, asked her if her church and your church back each other after marriage, which one will she attends.

If she choose your church, she will respect your opinion but if she choose her own ...Be quick to tell her bygone.
Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by MightySparrow: 11:06pm On Jan 28, 2019
yemi15:

The nonsense most Nigerians continue to say SMH. Most of you Nigerians that go to church and mosque, why is the country full of evil, is it not suppose to be opposite? Canada people no dey carry church for head, white man dey go work on Sundays, and their country na way better country than this shithole.
You cannot compare blacks with white. the vilest among whites is more honest than the purest of blacks by default. blacks can never be reasonable till thy kingdom come
Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by arleck(m): 11:07pm On Jan 28, 2019
So this OP still goes to church?? The way I laugh at some people born with stupidity

Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by Kenox: 11:10pm On Jan 28, 2019
Mk17:
what of me that have not attended any religious gathering for 4 months now? you babe go just throw me out.
let her know you are not a regular church goer and if she is only interested in dating a church goer, let her look for another person
Yours is 4 months. I have lost count of mine.
Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 28, 2019
Kenox:

Yours is 4 months. I have lost count of mine.
it is good to worship God regularly with fellow believer but I have my reasons for abandoning the house of God. I hope I will be able to find time for God in the future. I don't know how long it will last but I hope it will not be too late
Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by MissRaine69(f): 11:23pm On Jan 28, 2019
Elder0001:

You removed your lovely and responsible picture from your profile and replaced it with an irresponsible and childish picture ...why??
I have never been one to conform .... it is what it is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by MissRaine69(f): 11:24pm On Jan 28, 2019
StoneColdBiceps:

Going to church is not even the issue here because the op didn't mentioned how many times he didn't go to church. It's a mere conversation that took a wrong turn. Two immature adults engaging in a conversation. What i see here is that she wants to be in charge and that relevant mumbo jumbo stuff. They are not matured.
You have your view and it’s allowed, permit me to express mine.
Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by ozoneymcm: 11:39pm On Jan 28, 2019
Damitism:

That's the OP's issue. Obviously, this is not his first time of missing church. The guy was truthful by telling her what happened. He could have lied. So, going to church makes the girl good. I salute your reasoning. Going to church is never a way of measuring godliness. But I understand religious ones won't accept this.
You didn't get my point. He wasn't man enough to be truthful, he lied
Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by fmorrah(m): 11:57pm On Jan 28, 2019
I'll just tell you, it's very important to go to church, for holiness sanctification and salvation, not only because of the judgement day only, it's also to prepare us ahead of temptation,in the time of trouble help us to stand firm in Christ, and know what to call on in the hard time and depression, if u think ur not gaining in the church ur going, u may change it, your gf is preparing you ahead, and with what is going in this world lately, empty body without the spirit of God and the power of the holy ghost, it's hard to survive it ,
Going to church also preserve and prevent from bad days

1 Like

Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by baralatie(m): 11:59pm On Jan 28, 2019
Mk17:

it is good to worship God regularly with fellow believer but I have my reasons for abandoning the house of God. I hope I will be able to find time for God in the future. I don't know how long it will last but I hope it will not be too late
take one step at a time, a day at a time and one belief at a time.
soon you will be pumping faith like apostle Paul

1 Like

Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by CodeTemplar: 12:00am On Jan 29, 2019
yemi15:

The nonsense most Nigerians continue to say SMH. Most of you Nigerians that go to church and mosque, why is the country full of evil, is it not suppose to be opposite? Canada people no dey carry church for head, white man dey go work on Sundays, and their country na way better country than this shithole.
Oga there are many factors affecting black men . Peer pressure is one.
Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by Andercruz: 12:02am On Jan 29, 2019
Sincerely following Christ requires that you always stay with other believers who are committed to really serve Christ.
'Don't despise the gathering of brethren'---- you need other brethren to make heaven. Christianity is a mission that requires the contributions of other believers in your life. It is not a lonely path, nor a one man way.
Though there was power outage in your area, however don't neglect the gathering of other brethren--- that's the 'Church of God'.

2 Likes

Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 29, 2019
baralatie:
take one step at a time, a day at a time and one belief at a time. soon you will be pumping faith like apostle Paul
not now. maybe someday
Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 29, 2019
kpolli:

You're right in your thoughts, but there is nothing like a liberal Christian; God's words are not confusing... You're either a doer of God's words or you're not.... The light does not mix with darkness, so there is nothing like a liberal Christian.... Don't let oyinbo people deceive you

Guy you think you are intelligent? Churches in the western world today conduct wedding ceremonies for homosexuals and there is liberal christianity.

Although I know agnostic people , deists (like myself) and atheists may be stupid , I am sure an average christian in Nigeria is a big big brainwashed fool.

Nigerian Christians be like " you are following oyinbo to do atheism" and I wonder if Christianity was invented in Africa. You write out what you think clearly that the white man(giver of christianity) deceives you(the receiver of christianity) with liberal christianity.

Is it hard to understand that they deceived your ancestors in the first place with the form of Christianity(conservative christianity) you claim to be your own.

I'm sorry if I sound rude. You're brainwashed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by Timagex(m): 12:30am On Jan 29, 2019
For me, going to church is fortunately not one of my hobbies. Attended church 4 times last year in total, have not attended this year.

It's OK if she's angry at you for not going, but, she should not force you. I'm still waiting for the gel that will force me..... undecided will just sit there without any connection to the service.

Not all who go to church are going to heaven. Hypocrisy is high....

Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by ganganawuj: 2:52am On Jan 29, 2019
Make we see where see tear cloth and the gutter water she dey take step down,lobatan
Re: She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church by kpolli(m): 3:32am On Jan 29, 2019
Freehuman:

Guy you think you are intelligent? Churches in the western world today conduct wedding ceremonies for homosexuals and there is liberal christianity.

Although I know agnostic people , deists (like myself) and atheists may be stupid , I am sure an average christian in Nigeria is a big big brainwashed fool.

Nigerian Christians be like " you are following oyinbo to do atheism" and I wonder if Christianity was invented in Africa. You write out what you think clearly that the white man(giver of christianity) deceives you(the receiver of christianity) with liberal christianity.

Is it hard to understand that they deceived your ancestors in the first place with the form of Christianity(conservative christianity) you claim to be your own.

I'm sorry if I sound rude. You're brainwashed.

Yes you do sound very rude but I will let it slide, because oyinbo people brought us Christianity doesn't mean they're God. Certain people have decided to interpret the Word of God to mean something else doesn't make it right because their forefathers brought the religion to the continent of Africa. If they had hoarded His Word and were the only ones who had access to it then yes we can be brainwashed but the Bible specifically talked about homosexuality. If people think God is P. Diddy and they can remix His Word, na their business be that but as for me and my household; we will obey His Word and not what oyinbo people tell us.

Shalom (or the atheist version of that) to you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lesbianism Alert: 2 Ladies Openly Professed Love To Each Other On Facebook / "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady / Former Gay Man Goes On Twitter To Search For Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.