Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,645 members, 7,955,345 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:31 PM

My Fiance Says Am Fat. - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiance Says Am Fat. (37700 Views)

Please Advice; My Best Friend's Fiance Says He Loves Me / When Your Fiance Says "Get Pregnant Or Forget About Wedding" / Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Ladyjide(f): 9:07pm On Aug 19, 2010
michelin89:

She is just 5"4.

And she must have the fat in the wrong places reason why it's so evident to her bf.

She should come down to at least 62kg.
If what she is saying is accurate- 5'4 and a size 10, is not remotely  fat, she is 154 pounds- How much more weight could one at this weight  have at  5 ft'4 that is in the wrong places?? Average height for a woman is 5 ft 3   and  she is very near a normal  and healthy BMI ( acording to medical professionals)!  She possibly could stand to loose a few pounds- and most folks these days could also! She should come down to what she is most comfortable with, and not him. She should be healthy for the sake of her own personal gain- not to suffice her fiance!! I would be able to understand if she was skinny when he met her, but gained weight-- but she was bigger before- and has even worked to loose it!!!  What more does this guy want- after this then what will it be?? Perhaps he hasnt seen any recent pics- but never the less he needs to get a clue!!
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by tolutara: 9:10pm On Aug 19, 2010
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Ladyjide(f): 9:13pm On Aug 19, 2010
michelin89:

Exactly my point.

I am also 5"4 and have fat thighs. I know wetin I dey talk. A lot of girls weigh less than me and they are just about the same height, yet they have the fat belly syndrome.

No disrespect intended but-Fat is fat no matter where it is! Healthy is healthy, !! The major issue I think deals with the man she is calling her fiance!!! Would you loose weight in your thighs because you fiance who claimed to love you in the beginning now seen you as fat because of his friends ? At the end of the day I guess it is really about how comfortable are you with your own body image!! Obviously she wasn't - and she has worked to bring it down- but still not good enough for him!!! Its hard enough being judged by society- but the man you are going to spend the rest of your life with?? That is too much to bare!
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 19, 2010
Ladyjide:

No disrespect intended but-Fat is fat no matter where it is! Healthy is healthy, !! The major issue I think deals with the man she is calling her fiance!!! Would you loose weight in your thighs because you fiance who claimed to love you in the beginning now seen you as fat because of his friends ? At the end of the day I guess it is really about how comfortable are you with your own body image!! Obviously she wasn't - and she has worked to bring it down- but still not good enough for him!!! Its hard enough being judged by society- but the man you are going to spend the rest of your life with?? That is too much to bare!

Lose fat in my thighs? Those are my treasure. But I repeat: she has the fat in the wrong places. Fat is not fat.

Fat breasts are not seen as a problem, neither is a fat ass.

But fat arms and a fat belly are.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by buzugee(m): 9:25pm On Aug 19, 2010
feeling too lazy to read all 13 pages of response but i am sure there will be some crazy answers grin grin but errmm yeah i will say you have 2 options. ONLY 2 options. you have to do one or the other for your happiness. OK. option
1, lose the weight and marry him.
2, fashy him if you cant lose the weight.

anything besides the above 2 option will bring you misery
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by martin1(m): 9:25pm On Aug 19, 2010
michelin89:

She is just 5"4.

And she must have the fat in the wrong places reason why it's so evident to her bf.

She should come down to at least 62kg.
u r not in d position 2 tell her what 2 do. .by d way,u don't have fat thighs. u r not orobo.
it may interest u 2 know that,some men truly appreciate big women.
i have dated women over 150kg. . .70kgs is nothin.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 19, 2010
martin1:

u r not in d position 2 tell her what 2 do. .by d way,u don't have fat thighs. u r not orobo.
it may interest u 2 know that,some men truly appreciate big women.
i have dated women over 150kg. . .70kgs is nothin.

Ahahahahahahahha! You know me abi? Blind amebo.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Ladyjide(f): 9:32pm On Aug 19, 2010
michelin89:

Lose fat in my thighs? Those are my treasure. But I repeat: she has the fat in the wrong places. Fat is not fat.

Fat bosoms are not seen as a problem, neither is a fat backside.

But fat arms and a fat belly are.

Exactly- where she has her fat may be her treasures, (lol) and  we can agree to disagree---fat is fat----- !! Fat bosoms are not seen as a promblem for some, and you are right neither is a fat backside, but for some these are PROMBLEMS, Some men dont like any fat on their woman!! We cant be sure if this isn't the case in her situation!!! For some once fat stops growing in the bosom and thighs- it then goes to the next spot- hopefully it wont be a belly!!!  Bottom line- and I am not in any position to judge - just stating my opinion-- Just be healthy- and fat is not healthy!!
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by martin1(m): 9:38pm On Aug 19, 2010
Micheline--There's no need 2 exchange words with u.
i I already noticed u like 2 run chubby women down
Everyone is entitled 2 their likes and dislikes. .to each their own.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by prophema: 9:40pm On Aug 19, 2010
lipsrsealed @ 27 You should be able to understand urself more. Appreciate ur wellbeing and live life to the fullest.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 19, 2010
martin1:

Micheline--There's no need 2 exchange words with u.
i I already noticed u like 2 run chubby women down
Everyone is entitled 2 their likes and dislikes. .to each their own.

Then scram!
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by pareto(m): 10:08pm On Aug 19, 2010
@ poster, how else can u make urself look more attractive to ur guy?
i know u must have tried so much in reducing ur weight but you can do better.
for ur guy, he is just being honest, but he also should not really listen to what pple say about u.
note that if things continue this way, ur guy may be patronising other slim ladies.
just continue to pray for him and u both have the fear of GOD than he will so much
appreciate you for who u are.
please be happy and do you part.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 19, 2010
@Michelin89 & Funkebaby,

ur kinda right.
Am fat in the wrong place. cry
my tommy refused to go down.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Bonita(f): 11:02pm On Aug 19, 2010
I think you have the sizes mixed up:

Clothing - Single Size Conversion
UK 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20 22 24 26

US 1 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20 22
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Dsomething(m): 11:04pm On Aug 19, 2010
so what do you gonna do?
sorry to say, but the guy doesn't love u at all
so be careful undecided
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by honeric01(m): 11:22pm On Aug 19, 2010
Bonita:

I think you have the sizes mixed up:

Clothing - Single Size Conversion
UK 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20 22 24 26

US 1 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20 22

So a size 10 in the US is a size 14 in the UK? uhmmmm undecided lipsrsealed
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by boy1(m): 11:28pm On Aug 19, 2010
fantababy:

@Michelin89 & Funkebaby,

your kinda right.
Am fat in the wrong place. cry
Don't worry!some men will still appreciate u. . .nor b 2day! smiley
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by IgboGirl(f): 11:30pm On Aug 19, 2010
I didn't read all comments so pardon me if what I'm about to say has already been said

@ Poster
you guys fell in love without seeing each other? hmmm
he proposed to you within 3 months? hmmm
you live in Canada and he lives in Abuja? hmmm how are you sure he's not using you for papers to travel abroad?

Sweetie, the man is already making you feel inferior and bad about yourself, if you two get married it will only get worst! don't forget motherhood takes a toll on women's weight so, you will only get fatter and he will have more reasons to verbally abuse you.
You need a man that will love you inside and out, a man that will understand your weight issues and be supportive while you're struggling to loose weight. You don't need a man that will constantly remind you how fat you are!
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by boy1(m): 11:41pm On Aug 19, 2010
^^yes o! she needs a real chubby lover. smiley
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Bonita(f): 12:19am On Aug 20, 2010
honeric01:

So a size 10 in the US is a size 14 in the UK? uhmmmm undecided lipsrsealed

Yup!
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by aaidel(m): 12:28am On Aug 20, 2010
women and their antics again blame men for everything how can he make you lose confidence and become depressed if you are feeling that you probably didnt feel good about your weight in the first place but as they say the truth hurts instead of whining and complaining better go hit the gym or join the the biggest loser cos u surely sound like one
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 20, 2010
lose weight abeg. poor dude is probably gauging what she would look like after a kid or two.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Nobody: 12:36am On Aug 20, 2010
davidylan:

lose weight abeg. poor dude is probably gauging what she would look like after a kid or two.

You too talk. tongue
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by guente02(m): 12:42am On Aug 20, 2010
michelin89:

You too talk. tongue
too much.
*just helpin oh*
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by honeric01(m): 1:02am On Aug 20, 2010
Bonita:

Yup!

uhm ok.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by ceasyc(f): 1:47am On Aug 20, 2010
cant he b real/sincere wit u?- i tot dey said communication is key in a relationship.
end a relationship 4 dat? abegee. talk about low self esteem
if him ugly
, am sure he wud have made a difference in his looks if it were possible but dat was how he was born, dat 1 no get cure apart from plastic surgery which is not 100% guaranteed, sum tins no get cure. were u born fat? even if, me still think fatness get cure - diet or exercise

oscar winner mo'nique said her husband looked @her wen she was na.k.ed n told her he wants her 4 life because she was fat, she was happy wit her weight b4 then but she did lose sum weight after he said dat, she no divorce her hubby or kill/insult am cos of dat.

if he/she told u your fat then lose weight. u got nutin 2 lose or do u? fatness no dey vogue again ohhhh grin, if your hapi wit your weight n u dont want 2 stay wit d guy or listen 2 him then be my guest n find another guy - many fishes in d river babes
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by buzugee(m): 2:26am On Aug 20, 2010
IgboGirl:

I didn't read all comments so pardon me if what I'm about to say has already been said

@ Poster
you guys fell in love without seeing each other? hmmm
he proposed to you within 3 months? hmmm
you live in Canada and he lives in Abuja? hmmm how are you sure he's not using you for papers to travel abroad?

Sweetie, the man is already making you feel inferior and bad about yourself, if you two get married it will only get worst! don't forget motherhood takes a toll on women's weight so, you will only get fatter and he will have more reasons to verbally abuse you.
You need a man that will love you inside and out, a man that will understand your weight issues and be supportive while you're struggling to loose weight. You don't need a man that will constantly remind you how fat you are!
if he was using her for papers to travel abroad will he be worried about her weight ? dude sounds like he is established in abuja and wants a fine woman to complement him. i dont think he is a broke azz who has to run abroad to eat. if he was a brokeazz, the issue of weight will only crop up after he has recieved canadian citizenship lipsrsealed
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by vanitty: 4:50am On Aug 20, 2010
First thing first, how can size 12 be called fat undecided  be realistic people jare. Toccara Jones is that size, most Nigeria man I know want that kind of proportion not just a bag of bones.  Jennifer Hudson was even bigger than you before she decided to slim down and I personally think she looked better big bodied

The guy is just nit-picking dear, you were even bigger when you first met him so where is he getting his ideas from?
You are "settling" for him, as he is not up to par by your standards
He allows his friends to disrespect you. Most sensible people even the ones on this thread would not even let their own mother say anything mean about their girlfriends not to talk about mere friends to fiancee
All this is your fault I am sorry.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Nayah(f): 8:25am On Aug 20, 2010
Fantababy you're chubby honey, I'vetold you we can't all be models, or look like stars and so on , the only thing I advise you it's if you're very overweight cause as I mentioned I can not really have a vision or what's your size since it's english mensurations but try to take care of your health, but don't listen to mad criticism. Imperfection is what you makes you unique dear think about it.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by funkybaby(f): 8:45am On Aug 20, 2010
fantababy:

@Michelin89 & Funkebaby,

your kinda right.
Am fat in the wrong place.  cry

okay. and when he complained about your tummy, what was your immediate response to him?

you said his friends said you look older than him. do you take good care of yourself? dress your size?

good hairdo, not too much makeup? cos i do not see how a big tummy can affect your face and make you appear older than him?

fantababy:

Physically, he did not meet my expectation at all,
but as a christian, I said[b] looks does not matter[/b], it is the heart that matters.

shocked shocked
fantababy, be honest.
is this dude ugly?

its the ugly dudes ( short, with bowleg, etc) that pick on such little things. they are ugly but classy, yet they want a super model by their side to flaunt to all their friends and complement their 'swag' as if that will make any difference to their looks  undecided
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by oYaTo(m): 10:28am On Aug 20, 2010
Read the entire thread with interest. . .

1.) Fantababy, you guys hardly know each other enough to get married. He proposed without having seen you face to face? shocked And you accepted? shocked shocked
Frankly I think both of una dey desperate.

2.) Trust me, that guy doesn't love you. Not because he criticized you about your weight based on his friends' comments, but because he failed to defend you when his friends uttered those comments. I would expect a guy that is in love with his fiancee to say something like "Thanks for your opinion guys, but she's my baby. .and I love her that way" (on the other hand, he can't even say that as he's not comfortable with your weight/shape in the first place).

3.) I understand the tummy-refusing-to-go-down thingy. That is the number one turn-off for me. If you're 5'4", 69/70 kg, you aint that bad (plus u've got yourself a pretty face kiss). .but with the tummy? lipsrsealed undecided sad
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Omolola1(f): 10:29am On Aug 20, 2010
u just hit the nail on the head~

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

She Wanted A Relationship, Now She Is Pregnant / A Nairalander Proposed To His Girlfriend / "Woman With 10 Kids Who Had 5 Marriages Is Disturbing My Life" - Man Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.