Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

My Fiance Says Am Fat. - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiance Says Am Fat. (37297 Views)

Please Advice; My Best Friend's Fiance Says He Loves Me / When Your Fiance Says "Get Pregnant Or Forget About Wedding" / Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by honeric01(m): 4:22pm On Aug 19, 2010
@michelin

U sabi jare cool
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by LeStylo: 4:23pm On Aug 19, 2010
i have to say you should be thankful he is complaining now ,  some will only use use to get to Canada and then start complaining ,  it shows he also doesnt want to loose you ,  there are ways to go about it ,  you probably need to identify what he wants and what he doesnt ,  you just need to make him understand and believe me I lost 45kg in 2 months myself so you can still make that change happen. If you bail on him now ,  I doubt you can find someone so sincere and blunt.
Spot on!
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Nayah(f): 4:25pm On Aug 19, 2010
honerico I'm fine my friend what about you bro??
Well WHAT IFT read again I said I'm not pushing her to wait until 40's, but yes I assume the fact 27, 28 or 30 is young. Our mothers sometimes have kids until 38 or 40 years as well, even though this is sometimes their last.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by brutal(m): 4:35pm On Aug 19, 2010
michelin89:

You dey make mouth but I know your type.

You like big bosoms and big arse. And you go for fat women because they tend to have these features. But I can bet my skinny self that if you meet a ghetto booty tomorrow with the same attributes, but with a flay tummy, slim waste, toned arms and legs, you'll drop your fatty like it's hot.

You are settling for less because even your type of women are uncommon. And yes, if I want I can be a ghetto booty, but I don't want losers like you on my back. I like my slender figure and I get the attention I want, whenever I want it.
what.lyf:

broda na true she talk o!! many many manyyyyyyyyy guys are into slim sisi, yours being an orobo is very kind of unusual, ok, i understand say u no get lyrics 4 mouth to toast sweet sisi, so you settle for the less stressful but easy to get ones, God help u!40s? dat one be say na she better go get belle born pikin otherwise enough said

U don't know shit!i know dey like show myself!i'm a humble guy but i'll put somethin known 2 u. . .
Believe it or not,all shapes and sizes want me,chase me,but i'm naturally attracted to p.h.a.t women.
i live in germany. .almost everyone knows me in frankfurt am main. .i still maintain my stand,u r not nothin compares 2 d girls have been with. .
@what lyf--we nor b match. .i don't have 2 open my mouth. .women are all over me.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 19, 2010
brutal:

U don't know poo!i know dey like show myself!i'm a humble guy but i'll put somethin known 2 u. . .
Believe it or not,all shapes and sizes want me,chase me,but i'm naturally attracted to p.h.a.t women.
i live in germany. .almost everyone knows me in frankfurt am main. .i still maintain my stand,u r not nothin compares 2 d girls have been with. .
@what lyf--we nor b match. .i don't have 2 open my mouth. .women are all over me.

Ahahahahahha see this mugu. Whom do you think these PHAT women are? Don't you know that PHAT is not the same as FAT?

Please go siddon jor. You nor get case.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 19, 2010
Nayah:

Well WHAT IFT read again I said I'm not pushing her to wait until 40's, but yes I assume the fact 27, 28 or 30 is young. Our mothers sometimes have kids until 38 or 40 years as well, even though this is sometimes their last.
A girl between the ages of 18 to 23, will have lots of advances from guys and most times, the MR Right always show up

Ladies between the ages of 24 to 29, will also receive advances from men but not as what she would were she in the age range above. However, this is the peak where she is expected to have a "husband" as she is drawing closer to the peak of a marriageable age.

A woman between the ages of 30 to 39:usually get advances from matured single men or divorcees or widowers. At this point, any break up may be detrimental to her in the future.

A madam between the ages of 40 to 50: while all her mates are counting or expecting their grandson, she will tune to Oprah show and boast that she she independent,single and happy (which is usually not the case).Yet she get a young sugar boy to do the servicing.

A mama between the age of 50 and above: hmm, omo, No comment on this o
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by honeric01(m): 4:46pm On Aug 19, 2010
Nayah:

I am good man, enjoying my day so far so good.

Well i don't know what she thinks about her age and stuffs like that, but for health sake, she needs to slim down, we actually don't know if she's the size 12 she said she is nor do we know how tall she is.

How is a size 12 with 4'8 feet height going to look like? undecided
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by brutal(m): 4:48pm On Aug 19, 2010
michelin89:

Ahahahahahha see this mugu. Whom do you think these PHAT women are? Don't you know that PHAT is not the same as FAT?

Please go siddon jor. You nor get case.
Mugu x 2!p.h.a. t means pretty hot and thick. .thick also symbolizes fat,chubby or whatever in my book. .hahahaha!
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by adconline(m): 4:50pm On Aug 19, 2010
Telling a girl she has to lose wieght is like telling someone to quit smoking. They are both bad for your health.

However, I'm a bit concerned about the man's worries. Is he worried that his wife will look older than he is or that she will have health issues as a result of over weight!

Jeez, men can be really dense sometimes!

BUT  it's OK when you said that a guy who saved N 4 million  for his wedding didnt save  enough money even though his nagging fiancée  didnt contribute a kobo. Would you complain to your fiancé if he has got mouth or body odour?

Micheline, our sister doesn't have to lose weight just for guys, if she does it it's for her or her health, this bad habit some guys have to impose their choice while they date women is unfair and hypocrit, if you don't accept someone or feel uncomfortable with her so pass your way but if you do  don't force her to change as if she was a doll.

If a guy drops mostly his single friends, focuses attention on his new found love, pays less attention to his family because he wants to start a new life. Are u saying that a guy doing all these is foolish? Women also impose conditions on men,  dont hang out with this and that, dont smoke if you do, dont drink and party too much, you are spending too much on unnecessary things, stop cluttering your house, you should stop eating outside and start cooking in your house, the list goes on and on.
What's a bad habit here? Pilling on too much weight above your BMI or someone telling you the truth? I tell my sister that she's fat and should lose weight  and she doesn’t see me as trying to bring her down. Mind you she's married and have got kids, but I dont want to lose her to weight related illnesses.

In fact I said: does she want to be chosen or to choose?

She should be the one dashing out terms and conditions to men, not the other way round.

Besides I am sure she accepted the ugly fellow because she doesn't think she deserves better.

This would apply if she were Monique, but even at that you don’t expect Monique to get hitched by Jamie Foxx or Dwight Howard.   Halle Berry got  a handsome 27 yr old  male model when she was 40, maybe Monique could try that?

show me  a person who is physically  fit and wants to be fat, I will show a million people who are fat and wish to be fit. The world is not coming your way, so  join the race.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 19, 2010
michelin89:

Ahahahahahha see this mugu. Whom do you think these PHAT women are? Don't you know that [b]PHAT is not the same as FAT?[/b]Please go siddon jor. You nor get case.
brutal:

U don't know poo!i know dey like show myself!i'm a humble guy but i'll put somethin known 2 u. . .
@ michellin: abeg tell am well,
@ brutal
Whether u live in Germany or Afghanistan, e no affect me in anyway! omo, dis ur attraction to fat ppl dey make me burst! abeg bro make u try toast the slimmys and see d difference! a trial will convince you! but since na lyrics wey u no get, i fet teach you 4 real, but with a FEE $$$,
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2010
brutal:

Mugu x 2!p.h.a. t means pretty hot and thick. .thick also symbolizes fat,chubby or whatever in my book. .hahahaha!

And I thought I was talking to a human being. No wonder all those fatties dey die for you. lipsrsealed You can't even distinguish thick from phat from chubby from fat. You always go for the big mamas and of course they fall for you.  cry

Everyone knows they are not the same thing.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by yme1(f): 5:04pm On Aug 19, 2010
you all saying the guys doesnt care about him i dont think that is true
if he didnt care he wont bother wanting to see her or even giving shyt about her
he only wants his woman to look sexy and adorable not when she passes by people are gonna say
SEE OROBO DON LAND
it is been said that nah only your friend go tell you if your mouth dey smell grin
so honey work on that body of yours but you can damn well call off the weding if he shows any sign of not showing he cares
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by brutal(m): 5:05pm On Aug 19, 2010
michelin89:

And I thought I was talking to a human being. No wonder all those fatties dey die for you. lipsrsealed You can't even distinguish thick from phat from chubby from fat. You always go for the big mamas and of course they fall for you.  cry

Everyone knows they are not the same thing.

hahaha!talkin 2 u  could go on for decades. .i got 2 take care of business!i'll be back.
in conclusion,u can never ever bruise my ego. .i go for chubby sexy mamas and they rock my world.
And believe me,u r sexually unattractive. .  .time will tell. .

@what lyf--i'll teach u lyrics. . .trust me.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 19, 2010
brutal:

hahaha!talkin 2 u  could go on for decades. .i got 2 take care of business!i'll be back.
in conclusion,u can never ever bruise my ego. .i go for chubby sexy mamas and they rock my world.
And believe me,u r sexually unattractive. .  .time will tell. .

@what lyf--i'll teach u lyrics. . .trust me.

grin If that makes you love the orobos good for you.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by jdiadem: 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2010
@ poster

MY CANDID ADVICE IS YOU CUT OFF THE RELATIONSHIP OR YOU CRY FOREVER AFTER WEDDING EXCEPT YOU WILL WANT A DIVORCE MESS.

HE MIGHT JUST NOT WANT TO CALL IT OFF FOR SEVERAL POSSIBLE REASONS.

1. YOUR STAY ABROAD MIGHT BENEFIT HIM
2. THE OVERSHADOWING EXCITEMENT OF HAVING A WOMAN WHICH THE SELF ESTEEM ISSUE AND FRIENDS WILL KILL LATER

AND IF NOT HE WILL FOREVER ALWAYS REFER TO THIS EACH TIME AND YOU'LL DISCOVER HE'LL ALWAYS HAVE AN EXCUSE FOR NOT GOING OUT TOGETHER WITH YOU.

BE WISE
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by tolutara: 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2010
I don't understand why people are praising the openness and outspokenness of her Fiance about her weight BUT conveniently forget that he ridiculed her before his friends and also to her face.

How can someone based on other people opinions put pressure on his wife?. this is ridiculous.  What will happen if it takes a few years and tries to have children? hen? Especially the Males folks here are saying she should be grateful.

So Since he thinks she looks too old , we need your opinions on how to look younger than him too, as she can do something about weight but what about looking. old , what should she do?

I am telling you poster Wahala Dey!!!!!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by dayokanu(m): 5:16pm On Aug 19, 2010
Postpone the wedding till he is comfortable with your looks
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by honeric01(m): 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2010
dayokanu:

Postpone the wedding till he is comfortable with your looks

After she herself is comfortable with her own self and looks
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 19, 2010
I have read through this whole thread with interest. And I have come across some very hasty generalizations such as

Naija men do not like orobo women

Everyone wants a slim woman

Id beg to defer. I want to categorically state that no one has a right to speak for all naija men as regards this issue of liking fat women or not.
Me, I love, love, and adore orobos and big beautiful women.  I have never dated a lepa chick. It happened once and immediately I entered the  relationship I knew it was a mistake.
All these people saying they dont like big women would bleep them when their friends werent looking. Some people just go after what is "socially" acceptable.
One mans meat is another mans poison.

@OP: If this dude cannot accept you for who you are, then he should go. You need to work on your self esteem also. I know loads of orobo friends of mine (Females) who are hot, and
who get people chasing them all around. You do not need to come from a place of desperation. If he cant accept you, let him go.

Now, the fact that I love my orobos doesnt mean one should be ignorant of health issues. If you want to shed a bit of weight, fine. But do it for you. Let it come from you. Not for some person
who might probably just be using you to get to canada. This guy puts you down in front of his friends, jeez!
I never nag about weight, as long as you're healthy, can move, and are presentable, like wunmi obe, or monique. If it goes above that, I know how to romance you and pet you till you see reason with me.
And even if you lose weight, you wont become a stick. (else I go divorce u sharp sharp  grin)

Free this guy abeg. He doesnt send you. Lots of guys out there love big women. I was talking to an old school mate of mine (a guy) who told me the same thing.  Wait and be patient. Dont go into a hell of
a marriage.

*whew, * long post, but I had to just speak my mind.
Me, I am marrying an orobo, and screw society, friends, and anyone who has issues with her looks, shey no be me go marry am? And whats that nonsense about "looking older than he is?" When the man
gets beer belly and is not attractive, and the women begins to claim "headache", the man will begin to remember he is the head of the house,

Abeg honey, free this guy, and wait for your real husband!!
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by marksi: 5:29pm On Aug 19, 2010
I think you should seek some medical advice on the weight issue. Your fiancee meant no harm.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by jot01(m): 5:29pm On Aug 19, 2010
Poster, Please can we see a Picture of you asap to know why his complaining !!!

I really don't know why his complaining is it that Bad Nii.

Please am not insulting you but just wanna have a Look.

Thanks
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by tolutara: 5:34pm On Aug 19, 2010
Still waiting for answers to my questions,
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by no1madman(m): 5:36pm On Aug 19, 2010
wavemasta:

I have read through this whole thread with interest. And I have come across some very hasty generalizations such as

Naija men do not like orobo women

Everyone wants a slim woman

Id beg to defer. I want to categorically state that no one has a right to speak for all naija men as regards this issue of liking fat women or not.
Me, I love, love, and adore orobos and big beautiful women.  I have never dated a lepa chick. It happened once and immediately I entered the  relationship I knew it was a mistake.
All these people saying they dont like big women would bleep them when their friends werent looking. Some people just go after what is "socially" acceptable.
One mans meat is another mans poison.

@OP: If this dude cannot accept you for who you are, then he should go. You need to work on your self esteem also. I know loads of orobo friends of mine (Females) who are hot, and
who get people chasing them all around. You do not need to come from a place of desperation. If he cant accept you, let him go.

Now, the fact that I love my orobos doesnt mean one should be ignorant of health issues. If you want to shed a bit of weight, fine. But do it for you. Let it come from you. Not for some person
who might probably just be using you to get to canada. This guy puts you down in front of his friends, jeez!
I never nag about weight, as long as you're healthy, can move, and are presentable, like wunmi obe, or monique. If it goes above that, I know how to romance you and pet you till you see reason with me.
And even if you lose weight, you wont become a stick. (else I go divorce u sharp sharp  grin)

Free this guy abeg. He doesnt send you. Lots of guys out there love big women. I was talking to an old school mate of mine (a guy) who told me the same thing.  Wait and be patient. Dont go into a hell of
a marriage.

*whew, * long post, but I had to just speak my mind.
Me, I am marrying an orobo, and screw society, friends, and anyone who has issues with her looks, shey no be me go marry am? And whats that nonsense about "looking older than he is?" When the man
gets beer belly and is not attractive, and the women begins to claim "headache", the man will begin to remember he is the head of the house,

Abeg honey, free this guy, and wait for your real husband!!
Don't mind them! winki laugh everytime i read it. .they think they r cuter or more correct.
let dem prove it to me. . .bring it on!
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 19, 2010
Am still rereading all the posts and am laughing. Let me clarify some stuffs:

1. Thank you kabukabu for the pictures, am a 5.4 and my shape is similar to the number 2 picture.

2. I asked for the opinion of Nairalanders because I wanted to see things from different angles and get various views.

3. Am actually very pretty, I won 2nd runner up Miss Fego while  at secondary school.  cheesy

5. We both love ourselves sincerely, but I think he likes a trophy girl that he can show round to his friends.

6. I had suitors from jand, but none of them matched my standards. Am a christian and I wanted some1 with the same faith and values as me.

7. And am not a desperado. He was the one pushing for marriage this yr cos he wants to settle down before his 28th b.day.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by tolutara: 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2010
Ok, Mz fanta, Wonderful.

Have a happy married life with your perfect man. lipsrsealed
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 19, 2010
5"4 with a size 12? That is too much!

Those models are tall, unlike you.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by doyin111(m): 5:43pm On Aug 19, 2010
lets see your picture and know if your fiance is really exaggerating or he is just concerned about you, nairalanders i think this idea is the best so we can give our candid opinions instead of us saying talking without details.so poster lets see a picture of you.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by babylishus: 5:44pm On Aug 19, 2010
A couple of things strike me here and I find them rather disturbing.
The first being that you DON"T REALLY KNOW THIS MAN!!! Its very easy to say what we want to say and appear how we want to appear via phone and internet but nothing beats a real live relationship.

Uhm, are you trying to lose weight because he said so and you're not in any way bothered about your health? Are you sure you know this man enough to marry him? Do you want to get married because 'it's time and you're getting old, blah,blah,blah, "? Are you more worried about calling off the wedding because of all the preparations you have already made?

What makes you think after you lose weight he won't find anything to complain about? What makes you think after losing weight you won't get more male attention and then want to drop HIM? So, your fiance is ready to listen to his friends opinions about how you look rather than defend you and care about how you feel?
You say you're pretty and won some sort of contest but you're still not confident enough to tell him that and his telling you to lose weight depresses you? I don't get it. On one hand you want validation and on the other you are vehemently defending the same guy who's tearing at your self esteem?

Yeeesh, real winner you got there, lady. undecided

Lady you need to set yourself straight and figure out what you want to do with your life. If you wanna marry this guy and spend your life on Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers then cool, if not then you know what to do.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by follypimpi(m): 5:46pm On Aug 19, 2010
tolutara:

Ok, Mz fanta, Wonderful.

Have a happy married life with your perfect man. lipsrsealed

Hater tongue grin
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by funkybaby(f): 5:50pm On Aug 19, 2010
doyin111:

lets see your picture and know if your fiance is really exaggerating or he is just concerned about you, nairalanders i think this idea is the best so we can give our candid opinions instead of us saying talking without details.so poster lets see a picture of you.

exactly!

for all we know, she might have massive thighs, big upper hands or a big backside which might not be porportional to her body/height.

@poster
upload your picture but you can 'cut off' your face.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by follypimpi(m): 5:51pm On Aug 19, 2010
^ Na wa oo u mean bizness grin
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by ritaNL: 5:59pm On Aug 19, 2010
Poster where in Canada are you ? I know a  Canadian - Nigerian who will do anything to have your size . Holla at me if you interested. If your guy doesn't like the way you are, it is very likely he might starts chasing lepas after you give him one child. Think twice oo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? / Man Wails Bitterly After His Girlfriend Of Six Years Dumped Him | Video / When A Girl You Are Wooing Says This To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.