Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,939 members, 7,810,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Love Is A Dangerous Game - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Is A Dangerous Game (41253 Views)

Love Is A Dangerous Game / Love Is Not For Suckers (Adult Content 18+ ) By Ade Spades / Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by izaray(f): 9:32pm On Jun 06, 2019
Thanks op
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Timisamd(m): 8:14am On Jun 07, 2019
Thank op
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by elmagnifico411(m): 11:11am On Jun 07, 2019
Op, come and continue the story na. Must we go and subscribe @ okadabooks ni? Oya, let’s have new episodes then I’ll say ‘thanks’ too.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by doctorexcel: 1:14am On Jun 08, 2019
Thumbs up op
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 6:08am On Jun 08, 2019
He put his right hand across her chest. Part of the hand rested on her big bust. She didn't mind that. Her mind went to Maggie. What were she and Yinka doing now? They were probably making love, she decided.

She was beginning to have urge for sex. It was true that she made Tony to agree that there would be no pre-marital sex. That was then, when she still had serious doubts about him. Now, he had been able to prove 'beyond reasonable' doubt that he was indeed in love with her. Gosh, if Tony wanted to make love to her, he should go ahead.

His hand slackened on where it was. As if conscious of where it was resting on, he wanted to withdraw it. He indeed withdrew it, but she put it back on her bust.

Tony's mind was busy too. So far, he had kept to the agreement he had with her and had refrained from going after the act, but sometimes, Lara behaved as if he should go ahead and explore their love. Sometimes, he was simply confused. But confused or not, he remain resolute.

'You're sleeping over here tonight, right?' she asked.

'Yes, my dear.'

It was the first night he would be sleeping over in the place. Alex had done that before. But ... Wait a minute. Must she always bring up Alex into her thoughts? Alex this, Alex that! Couldn't she forget about Alex once and for all?

Her mind was barely following the television programme she was staring at. She soon slept off Tony's lap. She had a short dream of her life partner. He was a handsome and comfortable guy.

He treated her like a queen, with so much love and affection. They were like the only persons in the world, a re-enactment of Adam and Eve in the modern-day garden of Eden. She was so glad to be with him and wished they could eat the second apple that would make them live forever.

The dream was suddenly interrupted. It was Tony that woke her up. Oh, Lord, the loving dude was not Tony. It was Alex!

'You must be tired,' Tony put in kindly. 'Why don't you go in and rest?'

She grinned and yawned. She indeed needed to rest. He switched off the television and they retired into her bedroom. He removed his clothes, leaving only the boxer and the singlet.

'I'm sure Maggie is going to have a wondrous dream tonight,' Lara said.

Tony nodded. 'I guess you're right.'

She lay on the bed, staring at him.

'And you, what will your dream be, tonight?' he asked.

She smiled. She knew she could not tell him the dream she just had, and she was not going to say she could have the dream again.

'I'm sure I'll dream about us having a honeymoon in Kingston or Havana,' she said.

He grinned as he came to join her on the bed.

'That would be a sweet dream,' he said.

There was a brief silence. She put her right hand on his tummy. His hands went to her hand and caressed it.

She drew closer to him and placed her right leg on his own. Again he was confused. She shouldn't be doing this if they were to abide by the no pre-marital sex rule. But she was not done. Her hand lifted his singlet up and rubbed his tummy. To Tony, that was invitation to sex.

'You must be careful about where your hand goes so that poor Tony will not break the rule,' he said.

'What rule?' she asked.

He sighed. 'The rule about no-sex.'

She giggled. 'Rules are made for humans; humans are not made for rules.'

He stared briefly at her. 'What does that mean?'

Download full story at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

4 Likes

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by aprilwise(m): 11:33am On Jun 08, 2019
Rules are made for humans, humans are not made for rules. Thanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 6:07am On Jun 20, 2019
She shouldn't be doing this if they were to abide by the no pre-marital sex rule. But she was not done. Her hand lifted his singlet up and rubbed his tummy. To Tony, that was invitation to sex.

'You must be careful about where your hand goes so that poor Tony will not break the rule,' he said.

'What rule?' she asked.

She smiled. 'You know what I mean.'

'No. Spell it out.'

She sighed. 'Let's amend the rule.'

'Meaning?'

Now, she laughed. 'Meaning we don't have to be rigid.'

He smiled. 'Are you sure about that?'

She used her second finger to write 'y', 'e', 's' on his chest.

'Okay,' he said.

But he made no move. It was either he was very modest, reserved, or something. She would have to help him. Her right leg moved up a bit, such
that the knee was resting close to the center of his boxer. His heart beat increased as his groin warmed up. Deliberately, her knee brushed the
organ inside the boxer. Alright, since that was what she wanted, that was what she would get. His hands held her thighs and caressed them.
Then, like explorers that they were, they moved to her top, found their way under the cloth and made the big boobs their destination. The boobs
acted like hostesses that were expecting the guests. Their erect and hard stance attested to this. His mouth, a la his tongue, became the chief
guest. Both the guest and the hostesses enjoyed the warmth of visiting and hosting respectively.

The middle belt visit was the most important. The red-carpet reception was great, and it was similar to triumphant entry. While she closed her
eyes, the image of the man making love to her that she could see was Alex.

That Friday, the law chamber where Yinka and Maggie worked gave them the day off. They were not to resume work until Monday. Yinka and his
wife decided to stay indoor. They would eat, laze around and make love. That's what new couples do and that was what they would do. About noon, he decided to call his mother at Oshogbo to inform her of the latest happening.

'How're you, mummy?' he greeted. He was making the call in the presence of Maggie, his wife. He had decided that he would not keep anything away from her again.

'Hello, Olayinka. Have you decided on a date to come and pick your 'wife' and your child?'

'No. I've said I will come and take the child when the time is right. As for 'wife', I've got one already.'

The woman caught her breath. 'What are you saying?'

Yinka grinned into the mouthpiece of the phone. 'What I'm saying is I've married Margaret, the lady I'm genuinely in love with.'

'You don't mean it, Yinka.'

He laughed shortly. 'I mean it, mummy. Yesterday, we were at the Registry to do the signing. Margaret and I are now married. She's my wife.'

There was a long silence. 'Hello, mummy. Are you still there?'

'Yes, I am. So, you still went ahead and marry that Lagos lady, when a very loving and respectful lady is waiting for you here.'

'I've said it times without number that she should look for another man. She's still very young and pretty. It won't be hard for her to get herself another man.'

Again, there was another. 'This thing you've done is bad. Ibidun will be heart-broken. You know how much she loves you.'

'She should take heart,' he said almost nonchalantly. 'Another guy will come her way. That's what I want to let you know, mummy. Bye for now.'
With that, Yinka hanged up.

Margaret had been listening to the conversation.

'Somehow, I feel sorry for Ibidun,' she said.
'She'll get over it. Come over here, my love.'

She came into his arms and they started another round of kissing and smooching. They had a jolly time together that weekend. On Monday, they
went to work together and returned together. Maggie knew now what marriage was and how sweet it could be. On Tuesday morning, his mother called him from Oshogbo.

'Ibidun is not happy at all about what you have done,' she stated. 'You need to see how she reacted when I told her. She wept bitterly.'

'Sorry about that,' he answered. 'She should take heart.'

'Is that all you're going to say? Are you not going to call her and personally console her?'

'There will be no need for that. She should take heart,' he reiterated.

'I think should find time to call call her. Just tell her you're sorry things turn the way they've turned.'

Yinka was thoughtful. He always respected his mother and always found it difficult to say no to her. That was why he found it difficult to shake
off Ibidun's matter. Ever since he lost his father, his mother had been playing pivotal role in his life.

'Alright, mummy. I'll call her.'

Get the full download from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by izaray(f): 10:03am On Jun 20, 2019
Nice update, thanks!
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by FairCritic(m): 5:33am On Jul 15, 2019
LoveToRead:

She came into his arms and they started another round of kissing and smooching. They had a jolly time together that weekend. On Monday, they
went to work together and returned together. Maggie knew now what marriage was and how sweet it could be. On Tuesday morning, his mother called him from Oshogbo.

'Ibidun is not happy at all about what you have done,' she stated. 'You need to see how she reacted when I told her. She wept bitterly.'

'Is that all you're going to say? Are you not going to call her and personally console her?'

'I think should find time to call call her. Just tell her you're sorry things turn the way they've turned.'

Yinka was thoughtful. He always respected his mother and always found it difficult to say no to her. That was why he found it difficult to shake
off Ibidun's matter. Ever since he lost his father, his mother had been playing pivotal role in his life.

Get the full download from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

Cool story.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Zamar: 6:12pm On Aug 25, 2019
LoveToRead:
She shouldn't be doing this if they were to abide by the no pre-marital sex rule. But she was not done. Her hand lifted his singlet up and rubbed his tummy. To Tony, that was invitation to sex.

'What rule?' she asked.

She smiled. 'You know what I mean.'

'No. Spell it out.'

She sighed. 'Let's amend the rule.'

'Meaning?'

Now, she laughed. 'Meaning we don't have to be rigid.'

He smiled. 'Are you sure about that?'

She used her second finger to write 'y', 'e', 's' on his chest.

'Okay,' he said.

But he made no move. It was either he was very modest, reserved, or something. She would have to help him. Her right leg moved up a bit, such
that the knee was resting close to the center of his boxer. His heart beat increased as his groin warmed up. Deliberately, her knee brushed the
organ inside the boxer. Alright, since that was what she wanted, that was what she would get. His hands held her thighs and caressed them.
Then, like explorers that they were, they moved to her top, found their way under the cloth and made the big boobs their destination. The boobs
acted like hostesses that were expecting the guests. Their erect and hard stance attested to this. His mouth, a la his tongue, became the chief
guest. Both the guest and the hostesses enjoyed the warmth of visiting and hosting respectively.

The middle belt visit was the most important. The red-carpet reception was great, and it was similar to triumphant entry. While she closed her
eyes, the image of the man making love to her that she could see was Alex.

That Friday, the law chamber where Yinka and Maggie worked gave them the day off. They were not to resume work until Monday. Yinka and his
wife decided to stay indoor. They would eat, laze around and make love. That's what new couples do and that was what they would do. About noon, he decided to call his mother at Oshogbo to inform her of the latest happening.

'How're you, mummy?' he greeted. He was making the call in the presence of Maggie, his wife. He had decided that he would not keep anything away from her again.

'Hello, Olayinka. Have you decided on a date to come and pick your 'wife' and your child?'

'No. I've said I will come and take the child when the time is right. As for 'wife', I've got one already.'

The woman caught her breath. 'What are you saying?'

Yinka grinned into the mouthpiece of the phone. 'What I'm saying is I've married Margaret, the lady I'm genuinely in love with.'

'You don't mean it, Yinka.'

He laughed shortly. 'I mean it, mummy. Yesterday, we were at the Registry to do the signing. Margaret and I are now married. She's my wife.'

There was a long silence. 'Hello, mummy. Are you still there?'

'Yes, I am. So, you still went ahead and marry that Lagos lady, when a very loving and respectful lady is waiting for you here.'

'I've said it times without number that she should look for another man. She's still very young and pretty. It won't be hard for her to get herself another man.'

Again, there was another. 'This thing you've done is bad. Ibidun will be heart-broken. You know how much she loves you.'

'She should take heart,' he said almost nonchalantly. 'Another guy will come her way. That's what I want to let you know, mummy. Bye for now.'
With that, Yinka hanged up.

Margaret had been listening to the conversation.

'Somehow, I feel sorry for Ibidun,' she said.
'She'll get over it. Come over here, my love.'

Waiting for the next update.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 7:49pm On Aug 31, 2019
Tuesday morning, his mother called him from Oshogbo.

Yinka was thoughtful. He always respected his mother and always found it difficult to say no to her. That was why he found it difficult to shake off Ibidun's matter. Ever since he lost his father, his mother had been playing pivotal role in his life.

'And don't drag it for long. The earlier you do so, the better.'

'Okay, mummy.'

It was towards evening that he called Ibidun, and he did so right in the presence of his wife.

'I'm sorry, Ibidun. Try to understand. I have to marry the person that my heart goes with.'

There was no response from her. 'Hello? Are you still there?'

'Yes, I'm here.'

'Okay. I was saying I had to do what I did. I wish you best of luck too.'

Again, she didn't say anything. When it was apparent she was wasting his credit, he cut off the connection.

Dorcas was a year older than Iyabo, and now that they were 'sisters', it was expected, going by Yoruba tradition, that Iyabo should accord her some respect. There were now four girls all together in the house.

When Bayo first mooted the idea of marrying Awele to Debisi, a friend, the latter had asked how many children the divorcee woman had.

'One daughter,' Bayo had replied.

'Are you not tired of having daughters? Can't you look for a woman that has sons, or will give you sons?'

Bayo had shaken his head. 'Children are children,’ he had explained. 'It doesn't matter if they're male or female. I want to marry Awele, not because I want children from her, but for companionship. I'm okay with having daughters.'

Dorcas had to be assisting Iyabo in school work, as she was much more brilliant than the latter. Then, Dorcas had already completed her secondary school education while Iyabo was in the final year. His other two daughters were in senior secondary school one and junior secondary two respectively.

Together, Bayo and Awele had promised to make the family united, peaceful and progressive. Awele too vowed she would be as supportive as a woman could. So far, it was good.

A month after the Registry event, Margaret was having nausea and feeling feverish. Yinka was happy about the development.

'I think you're pregnant,' he said.

'How could you tell?'

'Somehow, I believe that's what has happened.'

'I will have to go for a test,' she affirmed.

'That's alright.'

She went for a pregnancy test in a private laboratory not far from where the law chamber was. When the result of the test came out, it showed that she was six weeks pregnant.

A delighted Maggie showed her equally delighted husband the medical report.

Yinka hugged her and briefly lifted her up.

'Good. I'm going to be a real father.'

Maggie was bemused. Was he a fake father to the child that Ibidun bore for him?

'I hope it's a boy,' he said.

'Hmn. Many of you men are so chauvinistic. So, what happens if it turns out to be a girl?'

He grinned. 'Since I already have a girl, I want this one to be a boy.'

That was his perfect reason. Maggie smiled. To her, it did not really matter if the child was a boy or girl. A child is a child.

Get the full download at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Remite011(m): 1:20pm On Sep 01, 2019
after our thirst has long turn dry throat.

Thanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by FairCritic(m): 11:10am On Sep 02, 2019
Nice story.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Janet96(f): 8:05pm On Sep 02, 2019
Nice story.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by WuraSerano(f): 10:07pm On Sep 14, 2019
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 10:09pm On Sep 14, 2019
She went for a pregnancy test in a private laboratory not far from where the law chamber was. When the result of the test came out, it showed that she was six weeks pregnant.

'Hmn. Many of you men are so chauvinistic. So, what happens if it turns out to be a girl?'

That was his perfect reason. Maggie smiled. To her, it did not really matter if the child was a boy or girl. A child is a child.

Tony was in his small office when his cell phone rang. He was surprised that Cynthia was the one on the line.
'Hello, Cynthia. Quite an age.'

'Hi. Good morning.'

'Yes, how're you this morning.'

'Fine. Are you in the office? I want to see you. I have got to see you.'

'I'm in the office. Hope no problem?'

'I'll be there.'

He sighed. Something important must be in the offing. About an hour later, she came around straight to his small office which smelt of medicines.

'Cynthia, how're you doing?' he asked her as soon as she came in and settled on a plastic chair.

'Can't say I'm fine, and can't say I'm not.'

'What could be that serious?'

She opened her handbag and brought a brown envelope out. From it, she removed a document and handed it to him. He unfolded it and read the content. It was a report which indicated that a pregnancy test had been conducted on her and she was eight weeks pregnant.

'How come?' he exclaimed. 'I thought you were on pills. How did you still get pregnant?'

She grimaced. 'I was surprised too.'

'Eight weeks!' he repeated. He cast his mind back. Yes, eight weeks ago, they were indeed having romps of sex.

'Alright,' he said. 'We have to do something fast about this.'

'Such as what?'

He grinned ruefully. 'You know what I mean. Such as quickly terminating the pregnancy.'

Her face became a scowl. 'I don't like that idea.'

'Oh, come on, Cynthia. We don't have a choice. The wedding between Lara and I will be coming up in three months’ time.'

Cynthia sighed. 'I don't deserve the treatment you're giving me.'

He frowned. 'I thought we've settled this matter. Why bringing it up now?'

'Because I'm pregnant for you,' she replied simply.

'Look, I have some very good pills with no side effects that you can take and will bring it down. On the other hand, if you want to go to a clinic to do it, I'll give you the money right away.'

'It's not just about money,' she said.

His brows went up. 'It's about what?'

'It's about love.'

He shook his head. 'Please and please, Cynthia, let's not go into that again.'

'Is it a crime to fall in love? How could you be treating me like a rag?'

To his surprise and consternation, she burst into tears.'

'Oh, my God. Please, Cynthia, stop this crying. Please, stop it.'

She did not stop, but rather cried the more.

He was utterly confused. 'Oh, please, stop the crying.'

It was that very moment that Lara chose to call him. He could not answer the call, for fear that she would hear Cynthia's cries. Besides, he was in a distressed mood.
He stood up and went to Cynthia's side, holding her by the shoulders.

Download full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by FairCritic(m): 1:22pm On Sep 15, 2019
Thanks for the update.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by izaray(f): 12:58pm On Sep 16, 2019
Yawa don gas

Thanks for the update dear
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by pharuzine(m): 2:29pm On Sep 16, 2019
afternoon Mr love to read,pls can you send me the complete story to my email, pharuzine09@gmail.com. thanks and I will recharge you
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Zamar: 6:51am On Sep 26, 2019
LoveToRead:

Tony was in his small office when his cell phone rang. He was surprised that Cynthia was the one on the line.
'Hello, Cynthia. Quite an age.'

'Hi. Good morning.'

'Yes, how're you this morning.'

'Fine. Are you in the office? I want to see you. I have got to see you.'

'I'm in the office. Hope no problem?'

'I'll be there.'

He sighed. Something important must be in the offing. About an hour later, she came around straight to his small office which smelt of medicines.

'Cynthia, how're you doing?' he asked her as soon as she came in and settled on a plastic chair.

'Can't say I'm fine, and can't say I'm not.'

'What could be that serious?'

She opened her handbag and brought a brown envelope out. From it, she removed a document and handed it to him. He unfolded it and read the content. It was a report which indicated that a pregnancy test had been conducted on her and she was eight weeks pregnant.

'How come?' he exclaimed. 'I thought you were on pills. How did you still get pregnant?'

She grimaced. 'I was surprised too.'

'Eight weeks!' he repeated. He cast his mind back. Yes, eight weeks ago, they were indeed having romps of sex.

'Alright,' he said. 'We have to do something fast about this.'

'Such as what?'

He grinned ruefully. 'You know what I mean. Such as quickly terminating the pregnancy.'

Her face became a scowl. 'I don't like that idea.'

'Oh, come on, Cynthia. We don't have a choice. The wedding between Lara and I will be coming up in three months’ time.'

Cynthia sighed. 'I don't deserve the treatment you're giving me.'

'Look, I have some very good pills with no side effects that you can take and will bring it down. On the other hand, if you want to go to a clinic to do it, I'll give you the money right away.'

'It's about love.'

It was that very moment that Lara chose to call him. He could not answer the call, for fear that she would hear Cynthia's cries. Besides, he was in a distressed mood.

Download full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

Nice story
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by kakakoshina(m): 4:41pm On Sep 27, 2019
Zamar:

Nice story

who is this,
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 12:03pm On Sep 28, 2019

'Look, I have some very good pills with no side effects that you can take and will bring it down.

On the other hand, if you want to go to a clinic to do it, I'll give you the money right away.'

'It's about love.'

'Calm down, Cynthia. Calm down.'

She wiped the tears from her eyes.

'I had apologized for whatever distress I caused you before, and I will apologize again. I'm sorry for the distress I've caused you.'

She seemed to calm down. Tony went back to his seat, opened his drawer and brought out a bundle of fifty naira notes and a bundle of two hundred naira notes. He brought out a large brown envelope and put the money inside. He then handed the envelope to her.

'Here, this should take care of everything. Please take care of yourself, Cynthia.'

She had no option than to accept the offered money.

A week after she had the pregnancy test, Maggie woke up with a feeling of foreboding. It was a Saturday and they had not woken up as early as they used to do. As a fact, the large clock hanging on the wall in the bedroom showed the time to be few minutes to seven in the morning. Yinka still slept on. She got up from the bed and went to the toilet to ease herself. Then, she noticed that blood was trickling down from her thigh.

She caught her breath and quickly lifted up her gown. She saw the blood was coming down from her private part. She became alarmed. Oh, Lord, oh, Lord, what was happening? She removed her pantie which was soaked with blood. What was happening? She dashed back to the bedroom and discovered that there was a little blood stain on the bed sheet where she had lie. She tapped Yinka.

'Blood is coming from my private part,' she said in horror, lifting up her night gown so he could see.

He looked briefly. 'Well, it means you're having your period,' he said dismissively.

'No.' There was panic in her voice. 'I'm pregnant and I'm supposed not to be menstruating.'

The fact hit him. He sat up on the bed.

'So, what happened? Why the blood?'

'I don't know. I hope it's not a miscarriage.'

He too became alarmed. 'I hope that's not true. I hope it's not a miscarriage.' He tried to calm her down. It was decided that she would have to go the clinic. There, another test was carried out and it was discovered that indeed, a miscarriage had occurred.

It was a month to Lara's wedding. Just last week, she and Tony had travelled to Benin to meet with her parents and to do proper introduction. Tony was well prepared for the event and no stone was left unturned in making sure that everything went well.

In another eight weeks' time, they would do the traditional wedding on Friday, while the white wedding would be on Saturday, the following day. Tony was happy he was going to marry the lady he loved. Lara too was happy that finally, she would be marrying a man that loved her, from all intents and purposes.

The wedding invitation cards had been printed and Lara was happy to be giving them out to friends and well-wishers. She called Alex.

'Hello, Alex. Long time no see.'

'Lara, how are you?'

Hearing his voice alone made her heart tremble. Gosh, why was she always feeling like this?

Get the full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by BigBasher: 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2020
LoveToRead:

'Look, I have some very good pills with no side effects that you can take and will bring it down.

On the other hand, if you want to go to a clinic to do it, I'll give you the money right away.'

'It's about love.'

'Calm down, Cynthia. Calm down.'

She wiped the tears from her eyes.

'I had apologized for whatever distress I caused you before, and I will apologize again. I'm sorry for the distress I've caused you.'

She seemed to calm down. Tony went back to his seat, opened his drawer and brought out a bundle of fifty naira notes and a bundle of two hundred naira notes. He brought out a large brown envelope and put the money inside. He then handed the envelope to her.

'Here, this should take care of everything. Please take care of yourself, Cynthia.'

She had no option than to accept the offered money.

A week after she had the pregnancy test, Maggie woke up with a feeling of foreboding. It was a Saturday and they had not woken up as early as they used to do. As a fact, the large clock hanging on the wall in the bedroom showed the time to be few minutes to seven in the morning. Yinka still slept on. She got up from the bed and went to the toilet to ease herself. Then, she noticed that blood was trickling down from her thigh.

She caught her breath and quickly lifted up her gown. She saw the blood was coming down from her private part. She became alarmed. Oh, Lord, oh, Lord, what was happening? She removed her pantie which was soaked with blood. What was happening? She dashed back to the bedroom and discovered that there was a little blood stain on the bed sheet where she had lie. She tapped Yinka.

'Blood is coming from my private part,' she said in horror, lifting up her night gown so he could see.

He looked briefly. 'Well, it means you're having your period,' he said dismissively.

'No.' There was panic in her voice. 'I'm pregnant and I'm supposed not to be menstruating.'

The fact hit him. He sat up on the bed.

'So, what happened? Why the blood?'

'I don't know. I hope it's not a miscarriage.'

He too became alarmed. 'I hope that's not true. I hope it's not a miscarriage.' He tried to calm her down. It was decided that she would have to go the clinic. There, another test was carried out and it was discovered that indeed, a miscarriage had occurred.

It was a month to Lara's wedding. Just last week, she and Tony had travelled to Benin to meet with her parents and to do proper introduction. Tony was well prepared for the event and no stone was left unturned in making sure that everything went well.

In another eight weeks' time, they would do the traditional wedding on Friday, while the white wedding would be on Saturday, the following day. Tony was happy he was going to marry the lady he loved. Lara too was happy that finally, she would be marrying a man that loved her, from all intents and purposes.

The wedding invitation cards had been printed and Lara was happy to be giving them out to friends and well-wishers. She called Alex.

'Lara, how are you?'

Hearing his voice alone made her heart tremble. Gosh, why was she always feeling like this?

Get the full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

Nice update.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 3:34pm On Jul 13, 2020
Tony was happy he was going to marry the lady he loved. Lara too was happy that finally, she would be marrying a man that loved her, from all intents and purposes.

'Lara, how are you?'

'Fine. How're your wife and family?'

'They're all fine. We thank God we're fine.'

'Good.' She paused a bit. 'Alex, I need to see you.'

'Hope no problem?'

'No.' She smiled to herself. 'It's actually good news. I want to give you my wedding invitation card.'

'Really?' His voice rose. 'Wow! That's real good news. So, dear Lara is wedding soon! I'm glad to hear that, and I'll surely attend it with Enny, my wife.'

Lara's face clouded slightly. Must he remind her that Enny was his wife?

'Thanks, Alex. Tomorrow morning, I'll likely come to your office to drop the card.'

'That will be good. Congratulations in advance.'

'Thank you, Alex. See you tomorrow.'

'Alright. Bye.'

She cut the connection. Her mind went to when she first took Alex to their home. She would use the word ‘their’ because Maggie was still much around then. But then, Maggie had travelled to Abuja.

The weeks of relationship she had with Alex was so memorable. Lara had prayed that the rift between him and his wife would never be resolved.

Unfortunately, her prayer was not answered.

Alex re-united with his wife and that truncated whatever matrimonial dream she had about him. But, now, God was about to compensate her as she would be marrying to a loving man.

In her office, she sent the cards to all associates. She did not forget to send one to Jide, who had long ago stopped pestering her for relationship.

About ten in the morning, she left her office and went to Obafemi Awolowo Way. At the reception desk of the company where Alex worked, the lady there, Mandy still recognized her.

'Hello, sister. Quite a long time,' Mandy greeted.

Lara smiled. 'Yes, how's everything?'

'Everything is fine.'

'Is Alex in the office?'

'Yes. Please, have your seat while I inform him that you're around to see him.'

'Thank you.' Lara sat on one of the long visitors' seats. Mandy was on the phone to inform him. She soon faced Lara.

'Yes, you can go and see him. Do you remember the way to his office?'

Except he had changed office, how would she not remember the way to his office?

'Sure,' she answered.

'Alright.'

Lara walked to Alex office. At the door, she knocked once and entered the place.

'Alex!'

'Dear Lara.' He stood up, but rather than hugging her as she expected, he offered a handshake.

'It's good to see you. Please, sit down.'

She sat down. Again, the images of her previous visits flooded her memory.

'What can I offer you?' he asked, smiling.

She shook her head and briefly studied him. He had changed slightly. Still handsome, he now appeared a bit chubby. Enny must be taking good care of him, she thought. But she stopped herself on time. No, she didn't want to think about Enny.

‘Nothing,’ she said. ‘It’s a short visit.’

'Nothing? You don't want me to offer you something? Not even drinks?'

'Thanks, Alex. I'm okay.' Then she quickly asked, 'How's your madam?'

'Enny? She's ...'

'No, not Enny. I mean your oga madam in the office.'

He smiled again. 'She's fine. Everything is going on smoothly.'

She nodded.

'I'm glad you've found yourself a man who will be the flesh of your flesh, and the bone of your bone. Once again, congratulations.'

'Thank you.' She dipped her hand inside her bag and brought the i.v card out. He took it from her as if it was something really precious.

'Wow! It's such a beautiful card.' He opened it. 'The wedding is coming up on June 14th, Enny and I will surely attend.'

'Good. Did you note where the engagement will be?'

Alex looked closely.

'Wow! At your uncle's residence, which is the same house where I live. This is wonderful.'

'And you've been invited as a special guest.'

He nodded. 'Yes, I can see that.'

'Well.' She stood up. 'Thanks for your time.'

He stood up too. 'You're leaving so soon?'

'Yes. I came just to give you the i.v card. See you again.'

He nodded. 'Alright.'

He expected her to move to the door, but she remained on the same spot.

'Are you not going to hug me and wish me best of luck?' she asked.

He grinned. 'Oh, that's true.'

He came to hug her, but she held on to him much longer than necessary. The hug was electrifying and she almost said I love you. He had to disengage her.

'Alright, Lara. From the bottom of my heart, I really wish you best of luck.'

She became emotional and could not say a thing. He accompanied her downstairs and waved her off. Now alone, for some reasons best known to her, Lara shed some tears.

https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by BigBasher: 7:51pm On Jul 13, 2020
Welcome back from the long break.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 8:21pm On Jul 17, 2020
She became emotional and could not say a thing. He accompanied her downstairs and waved her off. Now alone, for some reasons best known to her, Lara shed some tears.

Maggie was glad to be pregnant again. The last test she did showed that she was four-week pregnant. 'Ah, this time around, I will say you must not stress yourself,' her husband said.

She agreed totally with him. More than ever, she desired to have a baby. She wanted to experience what it was to be a mother.

It was two weeks to Lara's wedding. Just like her friend, Margaret looked forward to the day. Whether it pleased Tony or not, she would attend.

There was no gain saying the fact that Lara was excited about the coming days. She had been busying buying things and making arrangement for the d-day.

Precious, her good friend who she always patronized in sewing clothes, would make Lola's wedding gown. Precious was good at it and there was no doubt that she would make an exquisite gown for her.

She would also sew the traditional clothes that she would wear for the occasion. In her flat, just some months back, neither she nor Maggie would have imagined that the place would soon cease to harbor the two friends.

Now, in about two weeks' time, Lara too would be packing all her belongings and would move out of the flat.

The front bell was pressed. Lara found Madam Awele there.

'Good evening, madam,' Lara greeted.

'Good evening. How's everything?'

'Fine. Please come in.'

Awele stepped inside the sitting-room. 'I don't have to sit down because I won't stay long. I came for two things. The first is I want to apologize.'

Lara looked slightly confused. 'Apologize for what?'

'Good question. I want to apologize to you because I've said a lot of terrible things about you behind your back.'

Lara looked surprised.

'Yes,' Awele went on. 'I've described you as a shameless LovePeddler who snatched the boyfriend of her best friend.'

Lara opened her mouth. 'You said that?'

'Yes. But I've realized that I shouldn't have said so. I do realize now that the relationship between you and the man is in order, just as your friend, Margaret, has found her own perfect man.

The second thing I came for is to congratulate you in advance and to wish you all the best in your forthcoming wedding.'

Lara was all smiles, but was a bit miffed by the woman's confessions. So, Madam Awele was one of those who gossiped about her after Tony became her lover, and who called her unprintable names! Well, thank God that she had been vindicated.

The affair they thought was purely borne out of lust was about to metamorphose into a life-lasting one.

'Thank you, madam for coming to realize the truth and for your felicitation.'

Awele nodded. 'I pray that God will grant you many children, both male and female, in Jesus' name.'

'Amen'.

After Awele had left, Lara could not but wonder that the woman was a person of peculiar character. Well, well, some people are like that.

It was very saddening that Maggie had another miscarriage. It was about three days to Lara's wedding, and all had been set, only for this sad event to happen again. Maggie was sad and devastated.

Two miscarriages within three months were enough to throw sadness into the life of any woman. She told the wife of the pastor of the parish she attended about it after mid-week service. The woman known as Prophetess listened to her patiently.

'Let us prayed,' she said after Maggie had finished her story. The woman went into a short but powerful prayer. After she was through, she looked intently into Maggie's eyes.

'During our short prayers,' she declared, 'the Lord show me that there's a woman who is trying to take your husband away from you by all means.

This woman doesn't want you to be fruitful and is hell-bent on frustrating your life in your husband's home. For you to overcome, you must be spiritually alert and be prayerful.'

She nodded, absorbing everything the Prophetess was saying. She was not surprised by what she had heard. Somehow, she knew that her travails were connected with spiritual adversity.

'You will have to fast and pray for three days. I will join you in the fasting. God will make the attacks of the enemy become null and void in your life, in Jesus name.'

Margaret was appreciative. 'Thank you, mummy. Thank you very much.'

That Friday, the house where Lara’s uncle lived with his family hosted a lot of guests. For the past two days, Lara's parents had arrived from Benin and that was where they were staying.

The engagement event started in the afternoon some minutes after three o'clock. Alex and Enny were part of the guests. Everything went smoothly. From his seat, Alex could see that Lara had made a nice choice.

The man she was engaged to and whom she would be marrying was not just handsome but appeared to be comfortable. He was genuinely happy for her.

Saturday was the white wedding day. Lara's church at Ikeja was the venue, while the reception was at an event center not far away.
The church attendance was impressive. Lara looked royal in her white wedding gown.

Tony looked princely in his black suit over white shirt and burgundy bow tie. He was however thrown into fear with the sudden appearance of Cynthia?

https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Ann2012(f): 9:20pm On Jul 17, 2020
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Janet96(f): 7:56pm On Jul 18, 2021
Good story. Continue.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Zamar: 5:31am On Jun 13, 2022
More...
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Janet96(f): 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2022
Next please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Change : How I Started Stealing Pots With Food On Fire / My Book Of Quotes / The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.