Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,544 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Love Is A Dangerous Game - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Is A Dangerous Game (41250 Views)

Love Is A Dangerous Game / Love Is Not For Suckers (Adult Content 18+ ) By Ade Spades / Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 4:53am On May 01, 2019
He smiled and nodded. 'Yes, please, think over it well. I'm not talking about a fling. I'm talking about becoming the step father to Dorcas and you becoming the step father to Iyabo and my other children.' He smiled again. 'Thank you for your time.'

When Awele returned to her flat, she wondered why she had behaved the way she did. Since she became a divorcee over four years ago, she had been keeping men at bay. Some men had actually shown interest in her, but she had rebuffed them. Why was she giving Daddy Iyabo hope?
Why ...? The answer came. It was a simple one. Despite her tough stance against men: despite her indignation, she still had a soft spot for him.

She did not really like this realization, but it was a fact.

The presence and words of her friend great comforted Margaret.

'Thank God you came,' Maggie said. 'And thank you so much for your consolation.'

'We thank God,' Lara replied. 'That is what friends are for.'

The following morning at work, Maggie avoided looking at him. He looked sober and apologetic at her, but she would not look at his face. During
the lunch hour, he came to see her.

'I have a big explanation to make,' he started. 'Let me start by apologizing for that big embarrassment yesterday. I was going to tell you about it
all. The lady in question ... well, I don't love the lady in question. It's true I got her pregnant about four years ago, but it was all by mistake. I
didn't want to marry her. I still don't want to, but my mother kind of wants me to marry her. That's what happened.'

Margaret breathed in deeply. Yinka should just listen to himself. First, he got a lady pregnant by 'mistake.' Secondly, he didn't want to marry her,
but his mother wanted it. Finally, he kept the big secret from her, Margaret.

But there was something Margaret had learnt. She would be eager to listen and slow to react. Over the previous night, she had thought over
Tony's matter again. She suddenly realized that Tony might actually been saying the truth. In her hasty anger, she refused to even think of this
possibility. She had lost Tony, and the man she thought was better than him turned out to be worse, or so it seemed. But, she would still take
things coolly.

'So, you got her pregnant by mistake?' she asked. 'How?'

'What I mean is I didn't really desire her for marriage. I was surprised when she told me she was pregnant. I was at Oshogbo for Christmas when
it happened. I was back in Lagos when my mummy called to inform me that she came to tell her that she was pregnant. Believe me, I don't love
her and I don't want to marry her.'

Under a normal circumstance, Maggie would have lambasted him and called him names. But, she was changing now.

'Well, it's okay.' She was surprised even by her cool and measured answers. 'In this circumstance, I think it's best you follow the counsel of your
mother and marry the mother of your baby.'

He shook his head vigorously. 'You don't understand. I don't want her. It's you I want.'

'Me?' She chuckled. 'I'm out of the equation. Just like I was sent parking from your apartment yesterday, I've been removed from the picture.'

'No, you're not. After you left yesterday, I had a big quarrel with her concerning how she talked to you. I didn't like it one bit. I'm sorry for that
embarrassment. Please, hear me well, Maggie, I love you and it's you I want to marry.'

Again she chuckled. 'And why didn't you tell me about all these before now? Why did you keep me in the dark?'

'I'm really so sorry about that. Believe me, I intended to tell you.'

Like Tony, he went on his knees. Why would men behave that way? Why shouldn't they carefully consider their action? They would dabble into
an action only to realize that it was not the best and they shouldn't have done it. They would, then, resort to begging!

'Well, the deed has been done,' she said, calmly. 'What d'you now want me to do?'

'Please, Maggie, I want to marry you. I want you to be my wife.'

'And what about the other lady?'

'I can't marry her. Whether mum likes it or not, I won't marry her.'

She breathed in long and slow. 'All this your begging, how do I know you're not deceiving me? How do I know you're still not having an affair with
the other lady? How could I be sure that you're not planning to eat your cake and have it? And, please, get up on your feet.'

Read full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by becca2017(f): 7:08am On May 01, 2019
Hmmmmm... thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Ignatiusprince(m): 7:35am On May 01, 2019
Nice
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by skubido(m): 8:16am On May 01, 2019
OP Congrat @d front page tinz.

Jah bless ya hand work

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Einstein101(m): 8:52am On May 01, 2019
The story is nice ..I really enjoyed every bit of it..
Kudos

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by derealj(m): 9:06am On May 01, 2019
Nice story OP

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Timisamd(m): 10:08am On May 01, 2019
aprilwise:
Love can be transfer from one friend to another. Tony will win Lara heart . Thanks
Love also obey law of thermodynamics. ..
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by godlyguy(m): 10:43am On May 01, 2019
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by TroubleIsland(m): 11:16am On May 01, 2019
Cool sad sad Really enjoyed every bit
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 01, 2019
Na wa o
Margeret is in for a twist!
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Mhizhelen001(f): 8:06pm On May 01, 2019
wow... this is awesome, more please.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Ann2012(f): 8:39pm On May 01, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 9:16pm On May 01, 2019
skubido:
OP Congrat @d front page tinz.

Jah bless ya hand work

My brother, Skubido, God bless you.

TroubleIsland:
Cool sad sad Really enjoyed every bit

Mhizhelen001:
wow... this is awesome, more please.

Thank you for your positive remarks.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by pelumzie(m): 6:01am On May 02, 2019
nice one!!

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by izaray(f): 12:41pm On May 02, 2019
Well done op
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by FairCritic(m): 3:20pm On May 05, 2019
Nice story.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by observer2020(m): 10:27am On May 10, 2019
I want to buy this novel online, pls direct me on how to buy it, my whatsapp number is 07037211667
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 4:04pm On May 10, 2019
observer2020:
I want to buy this novel online, pls direct me on how to buy it, my whatsapp number is 07037211667

Follow this link: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

or send N100 GLO Recharge pin number to lovetoread604@gmail.com for the PDF version.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 11, 2019
Bros coman update na
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Remite011(m): 9:28pm On May 15, 2019
wow!!!
I love dis story die, but the concern am having one is dat, hope lovetoread has not join the league of most náíràland writers dat will start an interesting and Captivating stories but will not finish it, and they will be less bother about their fans/readers' feelings
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 6:55pm On May 22, 2019
A week after Mr. Bayo, also known as Daddy Iyabo, gave Awele a proposition, he was eager to know what her response would be. He believed he had given her more than enough time for consideration. So, this evening, he decided to go and see her again.

It was few minutes to eight in the evening and Awele was in the kitchen preparing the evening food when Mr. Bayo knocked on her door. Dorcas was in the sitting-room, using the dining table to read. She went to see who was at the door.

'Good evening,' she greeted, on sighting the man.

'Good evening, Dorcas. Is your mummy at home?' Dorcas was well-known to him. She was a good friend of his first daughter,

Iyabo, and she sometime visited their flat.
'Yes, she's around.'

'Please, tell her I want to see her.'

'Okay, sir.'

Dorcas went to meet her mother in the kitchen. 'Daddy Iyabo wants to see you.'

Awele nodded. She had been expecting the man to come for her response. She washed her hands and dried them on the apron she had on. She then went to the sitting-room.

'Tell him to come inside,' she told her daughter. 'Then, you will have to excuse us.'

'Okay, mummy.'

He was ushered into the sitting-room while Dorcas went to the kitchen to continue the cooking from where her mother had stopped.

'Good evening,' he greeted her. 'How's everything today?'

'Things are fine,' she replied. 'How's the family?'

'Oh, we thank God. Yes, I've come to see you with regards to the proposition I gave.'

She nodded. 'Yes, indeed I've been expecting you. Before I answer you, I have a question: how many children are you still planning to have?'

He looked surprised by the question. 'I have three already, and I'm okay with that.' Then, he looked at her sharply. 'But, if you desire more children, it's okay by me.'

Awele grinned. Which children? Dorcas was already seventeen, so was it now she would want to go through pregnancy and child labor again?

'No, I don't desire to have more children,' she replied. 'We have similar views. As for your proposition, my answer is yes.'

He was pleasantly surprised. 'Really? Oh, that's good news.' He stood up. 'Come on, let me give you a hug.'

She stood up for his embrace, and it seemed odd since it was quite long she was in the arms of a man.

He released the embrace and sat down again. 'Your answer is good news. With this, we can start making plans. It means my children will once again have a woman to call mother, and I will have one to call wife.'

She nodded. 'Yes. Dorcas too will be glad to have step sisters.'

'This is indeed good news,' he repeated. 'I'm glad you said yes. I'm fifty, and it's not exactly easy for me to stay alone. If I may ask, how old are you?'

Download full story at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Ann2012(f): 11:17pm On May 22, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 6:34am On May 25, 2019
She stood up for his embrace, and it seemed odd since it was quite long she was in the arms of a man.

He released the embrace and sat down again. 'Your answer is good news. With this, we can start making plans. It means my children will once again have a woman to call mother, and I will have one to call wife.'

She nodded. 'Yes. Dorcas too will be glad to have step sisters.'

'This is indeed good news,' he repeated. 'I'm glad you said yes. I'm fifty, and it's not exactly easy for me to stay alone. If I may ask, how old are
you?'

'Forty-four.'

He nodded. 'Yes, I suspected that you'll be about that age. Thank you very much for saying yes to my proposition.' He stood up again. 'I'll be
going now. Tomorrow, we'll talk more and we'll discuss plans. I had a hectic schedule today, and I need some rest.'

'Okay, you indeed need rest.'

He left the room while Awele returned to the kitchen.

'You can go back to your studies now,' she told her daughter, who was already suspecting that something was going on between her mummy and
the man. Five minutes after she returned to the sitting-room, her suspicion was confirmed. There was another knock at the door. This time
around, it was Iyabo.

'Hello, Dorcas.'

'Hi.'

'Is your mummy around? Dad says I should come and get her number.'

'Your dad said that?'

'Yes.'

Just then, Awele stepped inside the sitting-room.

'Good evening, ma,' Iyabo greeted.

'Good morning, my dear, how are you?'

'Fine. Dad says I should get your number.'

'Oh.' She said that as if it was a collective oversight. 'Tell me his number, I will call him.'

Iyabo dictated his number to her. She dialed it.

'It's ringing. Alright, Iyabo, you can go.'

'Good night, ma.'

'Good night.' He picked the call at the other end. 'Hello. Ehn ehn, this is Awele. This's my number.'

'Oh, very good. I just sent Iyabo to get it.'

'Yes, I got your number from her.'

'Okay. I'll store this. Thank you. I'll be calling you later.'

'Alright, goodnight.'

Dorcas had been looking at her mother somehow. 'Mum, what's between you and him?' she asked.

Her mother smiled. 'Don't worry. Very soon, you'll know.'

Margaret had decided to give Yinka the chance of proving that he really wanted to continue the relationship with her and that she was the one he desired to marry. Besides, she had come to the conclusion that no man - and by extension, nobody - was perfect. If she kept on holding on
to the faults she found, then she might never find a man to settle down with. She had therefore decided to take the counsel of Lara, in trying to
understand and make the best out of a very bad situation.

'But your mum said you'll soon be doing wedding with the other lady,' Margaret pointed out. 'She went further that I would be invited.'

'Mummy was only saying that to scare you away. I can't marry Ibidun. While I can't deny the child she had for me, I can't go ahead and marry
her.'

'Are you still in relationship with her?'

He shook his head emphatically. 'No. After the child issue, I've not been intimate with her. However I've been sending money for the upkeep of
the child through my mother. She claims she's waiting for the day matrimony will start, but I know she's waiting in vain. In as much as I love my
mother, on this very issue, I disagree with her.'

Maggie sighed. 'I hope you're right in all these things you're saying.'

He drew her to himself and encircled her waist from her behind.

'Nobody will lead my life for me. Nobody can force me to marry who I don't intend to marry. The mistake I made was sleeping with Ibidun in the
first place, but that is by gone. I won't concede to making that same mistake for the rest of my life.'

Download the full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

2 Likes

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by izaray(f): 10:04am On May 25, 2019
Nice update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Kaycee9242(m): 5:31pm On May 25, 2019
Wow what a nice story, op tuale for u, am really enjoying it
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 6:42am On May 27, 2019
He shook his head emphatically. 'No. After the child issue, I've not been intimate with her. However I've been sending money for the upkeep of the child through my mother. She claims she's waiting for the day matrimony will start, but I know she's waiting in vain. In as much as I love my mother, on this very issue, I disagree with her.'

Maggie sighed. 'I hope you're right in all these things you're saying.'

He drew her to himself and encircled her waist from her behind.

'Nobody will lead my life for me. Nobody can force me to marry who I don't intend to marry. The mistake I made was sleeping with Ibidun in the
first place, but that is by gone. I won't concede to making that same mistake for the rest of my life.'

They sat down and looked at the calendar. It was January twenty.

By the following week, he would go to the Registry and fill the forms for the union. There would be a public notice notifying that if anyone had
reason as to why the union should not be contracted, such a person should come up with the dissension within forty days. At the expiration of
the public notice, if there was no antagonist, the marriage would be contracted. But he would have to know her people. Maggie had lost both
parents. Most of her relatives were based in their hometown, Fugar in Edo State. Her only main relative in Lagos, Uncle Opopo, was a paternal
uncle, who used to work for Nigeria Airways. That weekend, Maggie and Yinka visited the man.

'Ah, I'm happy Maggie is getting set to settle down with a man,' Uncle Opopo said.

They told him about the imminent Registry, but that the real introduction, engagement, traditional as well as white wedding would subsequently
follow. Maggie and Yinka agreed that as soon as the Registry aspect was formalized and concluded, Maggie would completely and permanently
move into his house.

Lara was happy for her. 'Thank God you would be settling down o. I'm happy for you.'

'Thank you, Lara. Your own too would soon come.'

Lara told Tony about the development. 'I'm happy for her,' he said. 'Honestly, I am. That means we should not waste time concerning our own
plans again.'

Awele was in a happy mood. Mr. Bayo, so far, had proved to be a completely different man. Could he be pretending? Could he just be doing all
these nice stuffs to impress her? Her house rent would be expiring by the end of March and he had told her there would be no need to pay again.

Before the end of that month, he would see her people and do all the traditional things required of him. Once he did that, Awele would be his
wife, by norm. That was what Mr. Bayo did. He went to Delta State to meet her people and all the traditional aspects were done. By the tenth of
March, Awele had become his wife.

'By nine months' time, one of her aunties said, 'we'll be coming to your house for the dedication of a new bouncing baby.' It was a prayer she
found it difficult to say 'Amen' to, but she still managed to mumble it.

Once they were back to Lagos, she didn't even wait till the end of March when she packed all her loads and moved into Bayo's flat.

'You're welcome to our home,' he said, hugging her and Dorcas in turn. Awele was back to marital life. From all indications, this one would be
sweeter than the first. Besides, the two of them were much mature and should handle the relationship better. It was now a big family. Dorcas
realized that Iyabo was no longer just a friend, but a step sister! She could no longer call the man 'Daddy Iyabo' again, but daddy. Life was amazing, wasn't it? In one moment, a man was considered as a co-tenant, in another moment, the man had transformed into daddy! The most
surprising aspect, as far as Dorcas could see, was her mother marrying another man. So, with all her vitriol against men, she could still get a man
she would give her heart and submit to. That was wonderful!

By March sixth, Yinka and Maggie had a date in the Registry. They would be signing the dotted lines after all. Uncle Opopo would be following Maggie there, just as Lara would be there. It was his good friend, Engineer Tunde Lawal that would be his own witness. It was a short and solemn occasion. After all the signing, Maggie and Yinka were declared husband and wife. The marriage certificate was signed and presented. A photographer was already standing by to take pictures. In different poses, together and with the invited guests, pictures were taken. Margaret was now a Missus.

'Congratulations Mrs. Margaret Adeosun,' Lara enthused. 'This is to wish you prosperous, fruitful and blissful marital life. The two friends had
hugged passionately.

'Thank you, my friend,' Maggie replied. 'Very soon, it will be your turn.'

'Amen.'

There was a small get-together at his residence. After the brief ceremony, the guests departed.

'Oh, thank God for the success of the event,' Maggie said.

'Yes, we thank God,' the new groom concurred. 'I have a little gift for you.'

Get the full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by bossy512(f): 9:42am On May 27, 2019
Glory to God, thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by izaray(f): 10:11am On May 27, 2019
Happy marriage life to them

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by EbojiMichael: 10:40am On May 27, 2019
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 6:17am On Jun 05, 2019
By March sixth, Yinka and Maggie had a date in the Registry. They would be signing the dotted lines after all. Uncle Opopo would be following Maggie there, just as Lara would be there. It was his good friend, Engineer Tunde Lawal that would be his own witness. It was a short and solemn occasion.

After all the signing, Maggie and Yinka were declared husband and wife. The marriage certificate was signed and presented. A photographer was already standing by to take pictures. In different poses, together and with the invited guests, pictures were taken. Margaret was now a Missus.

'Congratulations Mrs. Margaret Adeosun,' Lara enthused. 'This is to wish you prosperous, fruitful and blissful marital life. The two friends had hugged passionately.

'Thank you, my friend,' Maggie replied. 'Very soon, it will be your turn.'

'Amen.'

There was a small get-together at his residence. After the brief ceremony, the guests departed.

'Oh, thank God for the success of the event,' Maggie said.

'Yes, we thank God,' the new groom concurred. 'I have a little gift for you.'

Maggie smiled. 'Is that so?'

'Yes. Come.' He led her to the bedroom. From the wardrobe, he brought out a small shopping bag. Inside it were a box of gold Citizen wrist-watch, some exotic bathing soaps and equally exotic perfumes.

'For my darling wife,' he said.

She clung on to him. 'Oh, my sweetheart husband.'

'That's it,' he said gleefully. 'We're now husband and wife.'

He kissed her first on the forehead before kissing her lips. 'We're going to make our first love as husband and wife,' he announced as if it was something that should enter Guinness world record.

Maggie giggled. He removed her blouse. Still clad in a white bra, he caressed the boobs. She unstrapped and removed it. He teased the right nipple with his fingers before his lips went there.

The tongue sucked and caressed the organ. The pre-intimacy was long. He did as if he had all the time in the world. Maggie, the patient wife, savored the moment with him. By the time they got down to the real act, their bodies were more than ready for it.

Lara returned to their Ikeja residence after bidding her friend sweet marital life. She suddenly realized that the flat was empty without Maggie. Apart from occasional visits, Maggie had left the flat for good.

It only reminded Lara that she too would not stay too long in that flat again. That is life. One moment, you're single and free; the next, you're married and is now bound to your spouse. It had not been an easy ride.

Even with the man Maggie had eventually married, at a point, it looked like the relationship had reached a dead end. With maturity, tact, understanding and wisdom, they had been able to overcome all the obstacles.

There was no doubt that she would miss Maggie. She sighed, changed her clothes to casuals and went to the kitchen to prepare what she would take for dinner. Her phone rang. She picked it and realized it was Tony that was on call.

'Hello, Tony darling. How're you?'

'I'm fine, my dear. How did the event go?'

'Oh fine. Dear Margaret is now Mrs. Margaret Adeosun.'

Tony laughed across the line. 'My congratulations to her and her husband.'

'Oh, I'm so happy for her. At almost thirty, she had waited enough.'

'Hmn, God always does things at His own appointed time.'

'Yes o.'

'So, are you at home right now?'

'Yes, I'm about to prepare supper.'

'What will you prepare?'

'Hmn, I'm thinking of boiled yams and fried eggs.'
'Make it for two people. I'll soon be there.'

She beamed in smiles. 'Okay, my darling.'

She added to the yam she was peeling, washed them and put them in the pot. She went back to the sitting and flipped on the television. The yams had already cooked and she was about to fry the eggs when Tony came.

'You walk in well. The food is just getting ready,' she told him.

She served the food in slabs and they settled at the dining-table to eat their food.

'Margaret must be a happy lady to be getting married,' he put in.

'You bet. She was as happy as any bride could be.'
He nodded as he munched the yam.

'Don't worry, very soon, we'll do our own, but it would be in a grand way.'

She was delighted to hear that. 'Yes, I can't wait to become a missus too.'

Their meal was over and she cleared the plates.

They sat on the sofa together, holding hands.

'You just did that hair? That's very beautiful, my dear.'

She smiled. 'Yes, I just did it. You like it?'

'No, I don't like it.' He grinned. 'I love it.'

'Thank you.'

He touched the Brazilian weave-on hair.

Lara rested her head on his lap. The last guy she did that to was Alex, when she tought she was in love with him. Now, she was doing the same thing to Tony, but this time around, she was convinced that real love was in the air.

He put his right hand across her chest. Part of the hand rested on her big bust. She didn't mind that. Her mind went to Maggie. What were she and Yinka doing now? They were probably making love, she decided. She was beginning to have urge for sex. It was true that she made Tony to agree that there would be no pre-marital sex.

That was then, when she still had serious doubts about him. Now, he had been able to prove 'beyond reasonable' doubt that he was indeed in love with her.

Gosh, if Tony wanted to make love to her, he should go ahead.

Get the full story from:. https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by FairCritic(m): 6:18am On Jun 06, 2019
Thanks for the update.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Hosts Lupita Nyong’o In Lagos / Change : How I Started Stealing Pots With Food On Fire / My Book Of Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.