₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,255,410 members, 4,936,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2019 at 10:14 PM

Love Is A Dangerous Game - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Is A Dangerous Game (22113 Views)

Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel / Love Is Not A Fairytale... / Love Is Bitter, Seex Is Sweet - A Story By Naijapara Films (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 4:53am On May 01
He smiled and nodded. 'Yes, please, think over it well. I'm not talking about a fling. I'm talking about becoming the step father to Dorcas and you becoming the step father to Iyabo and my other children.' He smiled again. 'Thank you for your time.'

When Awele returned to her flat, she wondered why she had behaved the way she did. Since she became a divorcee over four years ago, she had been keeping men at bay. Some men had actually shown interest in her, but she had rebuffed them. Why was she giving Daddy Iyabo hope?
Why ...? The answer came. It was a simple one. Despite her tough stance against men: despite her indignation, she still had a soft spot for him.

She did not really like this realization, but it was a fact.

The presence and words of her friend great comforted Margaret.

'Thank God you came,' Maggie said. 'And thank you so much for your consolation.'

'We thank God,' Lara replied. 'That is what friends are for.'

The following morning at work, Maggie avoided looking at him. He looked sober and apologetic at her, but she would not look at his face. During
the lunch hour, he came to see her.

'I have a big explanation to make,' he started. 'Let me start by apologizing for that big embarrassment yesterday. I was going to tell you about it
all. The lady in question ... well, I don't love the lady in question. It's true I got her pregnant about four years ago, but it was all by mistake. I
didn't want to marry her. I still don't want to, but my mother kind of wants me to marry her. That's what happened.'

Margaret breathed in deeply. Yinka should just listen to himself. First, he got a lady pregnant by 'mistake.' Secondly, he didn't want to marry her,
but his mother wanted it. Finally, he kept the big secret from her, Margaret.

But there was something Margaret had learnt. She would be eager to listen and slow to react. Over the previous night, she had thought over
Tony's matter again. She suddenly realized that Tony might actually been saying the truth. In her hasty anger, she refused to even think of this
possibility. She had lost Tony, and the man she thought was better than him turned out to be worse, or so it seemed. But, she would still take
things coolly.

'So, you got her pregnant by mistake?' she asked. 'How?'

'What I mean is I didn't really desire her for marriage. I was surprised when she told me she was pregnant. I was at Oshogbo for Christmas when
it happened. I was back in Lagos when my mummy called to inform me that she came to tell her that she was pregnant. Believe me, I don't love
her and I don't want to marry her.'

Under a normal circumstance, Maggie would have lambasted him and called him names. But, she was changing now.

'Well, it's okay.' She was surprised even by her cool and measured answers. 'In this circumstance, I think it's best you follow the counsel of your
mother and marry the mother of your baby.'

He shook his head vigorously. 'You don't understand. I don't want her. It's you I want.'

'Me?' She chuckled. 'I'm out of the equation. Just like I was sent parking from your apartment yesterday, I've been removed from the picture.'

'No, you're not. After you left yesterday, I had a big quarrel with her concerning how she talked to you. I didn't like it one bit. I'm sorry for that
embarrassment. Please, hear me well, Maggie, I love you and it's you I want to marry.'

Again she chuckled. 'And why didn't you tell me about all these before now? Why did you keep me in the dark?'

'I'm really so sorry about that. Believe me, I intended to tell you.'

Like Tony, he went on his knees. Why would men behave that way? Why shouldn't they carefully consider their action? They would dabble into
an action only to realize that it was not the best and they shouldn't have done it. They would, then, resort to begging!

'Well, the deed has been done,' she said, calmly. 'What d'you now want me to do?'

'Please, Maggie, I want to marry you. I want you to be my wife.'

'And what about the other lady?'

'I can't marry her. Whether mum likes it or not, I won't marry her.'

She breathed in long and slow. 'All this your begging, how do I know you're not deceiving me? How do I know you're still not having an affair with
the other lady? How could I be sure that you're not planning to eat your cake and have it? And, please, get up on your feet.'

Read full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by becca2017(f): 7:08am On May 01
Hmmmmm... thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Ignatiusprince(m): 7:35am On May 01
Nice
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by skubido(m): 8:16am On May 01
OP Congrat @d front page tinz.

Jah bless ya hand work

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Einstein101(m): 8:52am On May 01
The story is nice ..I really enjoyed every bit of it..
Kudos

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by derealj(m): 9:06am On May 01
Nice story OP

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Timisamd(m): 10:08am On May 01
aprilwise:
Love can be transfer from one friend to another. Tony will win Lara heart . Thanks
Love also obey law of thermodynamics. ..
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by godlyguy(m): 10:43am On May 01
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by TroubleIsland(m): 11:16am On May 01
Cool sad sad Really enjoyed every bit
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by NewBea: 2:24pm On May 01
Na wa o
Margeret is in for a twist!
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Mhizhelen001: 8:06pm On May 01
wow... this is awesome, more please.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Ann2012(f): 8:39pm On May 01
Thanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 9:16pm On May 01
skubido:
OP Congrat @d front page tinz.

Jah bless ya hand work

My brother, Skubido, God bless you.

TroubleIsland:
Cool sad sad Really enjoyed every bit

Mhizhelen001:
wow... this is awesome, more please.

Thank you for your positive remarks.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by pelumzie(m): 6:01am On May 02
nice one!!

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by izaray(f): 12:41pm On May 02
Well done op
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by FairCritic(m): 3:20pm On May 05
Nice story.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by observer2020(m): 10:27am On May 10
I want to buy this novel online, pls direct me on how to buy it, my whatsapp number is 07037211667
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 4:04pm On May 10
observer2020:
I want to buy this novel online, pls direct me on how to buy it, my whatsapp number is 07037211667

Follow this link: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

or send N100 GLO Recharge pin number to lovetoread604@gmail.com for the PDF version.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by NewBea: 6:24pm On May 11
Bros coman update na
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Remite011(m): 9:28pm On May 15
wow!!!
I love dis story die, but the concern am having one is dat, hope lovetoread has not join the league of most náíràland writers dat will start an interesting and Captivating stories but will not finish it, and they will be less bother about their fans/readers' feelings

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Home at last / Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment / Looking For Movie Scripts For Nollywood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.