Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,899 members, 7,810,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Love Is A Dangerous Game - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Is A Dangerous Game (41248 Views)

Love Is A Dangerous Game / Love Is Not For Suckers (Adult Content 18+ ) By Ade Spades / Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by izaray(f): 10:39am On Apr 04, 2019
Thanks boss mi
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by aprilwise(m): 2:12pm On Apr 04, 2019
Maggie don't know what is coming her way.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 4:49am On Apr 05, 2019
She knew the drinks must be at work, but she was much more important than any drink.

'Aren't you going to play with me?' she asked.

He half opened his eyes. 'Play? Don't worry, tomorrow, we'll go to the club, then we'll play.'

She felt indignant. Who was talking about club? Couldn't he understand her?

She climbed on him. 'This is the play I'm talking about.'

He smiled sheepishly. 'Okay. Tomorrow morning, I promise that's the first thing we will do.'

Maggie gave up. She climbed down from him and moved to the other side of the bed. Within a couple of minutes, Yinka was back to his snores.

He bought take-away packs, since Lara said she preferred to eat in. When they got to his residence, they ate and took malt drinks.

'That your business is good o,' she commented. 'Maybe I should have studied Pharmacy instead of Law.'

He smiled genially. 'Thanks for the inferred compliments, but it's not all pharmacists that are that lucky.'

She nodded. 'I guess you're right.'

'In Nigeria,' he went on, 'doctors are treated better and are regarded more than pharmacists. Even in the Ministry of Health, doctors regard
themselves superior - much superior - to others.'

She nodded. 'I see. Well. I must say that for a pharmacist, you're doing well.'

'Thank you, dear Lara.'

After their dinner, they retired to the bedroom. She undressed before him, but he only looked at her briefly as he changed into pajamas.

'I want to suggest that we should get married before the end of this year,' he said.

They climbed on to the bed and he snuggled up to her.

'Good idea,' she agreed.

'So, soon, we need to draw our plan. I don't think there's need to waste time again.'

'Yes.'

'I'll be happy to have you as my wife, Lara.'

She smiled.

He rested his right elbow on the bed while he stared at her face.

'What're you staring at?' she asked.

'You,' he said, simply.

'Why?'

He smiled. 'I don't think you can charge me to court for staring at you. You won't win that case.'

'Are you sure? I'll also charge you for attempted seduction.'

He shook his head. 'You'll still lose the case.'

His mouth came down on hers. Apart from pecks, this was their first mouth-to-mouth action. The kiss was soft but long.

He stared at her again and she closed her eyes. His eyes were wide open. They explored her body and settled on her boobs. He could see that
she was busty. He had been wondering how those things would feel in his hands. Instinctively, his left hand went to her right boob and gently
caressed it. She opened her eyes, looking surprised.

'I thought we ...'

He hushed her with another soft kiss and removed his hand from her boob.

He smiled. 'Good night, darling,' he said.

She was surprised again. 'Goodnight,' she mumbled.

He did not touch her again.

At dawn, Yinka fulfilled his promise. His kisses woke her up, followed by his caresses. The alcohol-induced sleep had exhausted itself and he could think of sex now. She soon responded to him and they had each other like they were starving for it. Thereafter, he cuddled her as she lay in his arms.

'You were a little bit drunk, yesterday night,' she said.

'Drunk? No, I don't think so.'

'You were. What you did now was what you should have done.'

'I was weak,' he put in. She decided not to press him further. His phone rang.

'Ah, it's my mum. She's calling from Oshogbo.’ He stood up and started wearing his boxer.

'Why don't you pick it?' Margaret asked.

'I'll call her back.'

He wore a t-shirt on the boxer. The phone stopped ringing. He picked it and left the bedroom. She could faintly hear his voice from the sitting-
room. But why did he do that? Why did he have to call his mother from the sitting-room?

After some minutes, he was back.

'She says she'll be coming to Lagos, today,' he informed.

READ FULL STORY FROM: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Ann2012(f): 7:24am On Apr 05, 2019
Hmmmmm, I smell a rat

Thanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by FortunateB(f): 7:31am On Apr 05, 2019
I smell a rat on Yinka side, hope he is not already married. I pity Maggie.
Nice update and thank you OP.

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by skubido(m): 8:57am On Apr 05, 2019
Ann2012:
Hmmmmm, I smell a rat

Think is bigger than that oo. Lolzzzz

OP tanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by aprilwise(m): 9:02am On Apr 05, 2019
Yinka has skeleton in is cupboard. Maggie sorry.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by izaray(f): 10:38am On Apr 05, 2019
Seems Yinka is married already
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 6:19am On Apr 06, 2019
He wore a t-shirt on the boxer. The phone stopped ringing. He picked it and left the bedroom. She could faintly hear his voice from the sitting-room. But why did he do that? Why did he have to call his mother from the sitting-room?

After some minutes, he was back.

'She says she'll be coming to Lagos, today,' he informed.

She smiled. 'Oh, that's good. I'll be meeting my future mother-in-law.'

'Hmn, yes.'

But there seemed to be some kind of worry in his countenance. Maggie ignored it. It was already day break. They had their bath and the two
barristers dressed up for work.

'She'll be getting to Lagos by noon.'

'Ah, I'm dying to meet her,' Maggie said.

'There's something about that,' he said. 'I'll definitely introduce you to her, but I'll have to tell her about you first. I hope you understand.'

She clouded her eyes briefly. 'Is it not all right that now that she's going to be around, you should do the introduction now? I understand if I
don't sleep over there while she's around.'

'Okay.'

At noon, he left the office to go to the motor park where he would meet her. He took the night off for the rest of the day. At closing time, she
realized she would have to go to his house to pick her bag and other personal effects. She called him.

'Are you at home? I've got to pick my bag and other things.'

'Okay, okay,' he said. 'When you get to our gate, call me again. I'll bring the bag for you.'

'Okay.' But something at the back of her mind said things were not okay. He sounded alarmed, and his tone was edgy. Why, it looked like he was
desperate about shutting her off from his mother. Surely, something was wrong somewhere.

She left for his residence as soon as she closed from work. Something kept telling her to give him a surprise: go straight to his flat. Why should
he be the one to bring her bag downstairs? What was the crime in briefly seeing his mother and greeting her? She went to his flat and pressed the button.

He was the one that opened the door and he looked so shocked.

'What ...what're you doing here?' he stuttered.

She tried to smile it off. 'To see my mother-in-law.'

GET FULL STORY FROM: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

2 Likes

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by aprilwise(m): 6:54am On Apr 06, 2019
Maggie don enter one chance.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by bossy512(f): 7:37am On Apr 06, 2019
To meet your senior not your mother in law, thanks for the update but is too short o

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Ann2012(f): 10:50am On Apr 06, 2019
aprilwise:
Maggie don enter one chance.

Confirm one chance
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by aprilwise(m): 9:20am On Apr 09, 2019
OP, what happening long time no update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by izaray(f): 10:42am On Apr 09, 2019
Maggie's eyes will soon clear
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by skubido(m): 2:09pm On Apr 09, 2019
OP comma continue oooo
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 3:30pm On Apr 09, 2019
She left for his residence as soon as she closed from work. Something kept telling her to give him a surprise: go straight to his flat. Why should he be the one to bring her bag downstairs? What was the crime in briefly seeing his mother and greeting her? She went to his flat and pressed the button.

He was the one that opened the door and he looked so shocked.

'What ...what're you doing here?' he stuttered.

She tried to smile it off. 'To see my mother-in-law.'

'Yinka, where did you keep the keys to the spare room?' an elderly woman's voice could be heard.

There was panic in his eyes.

'I'm coming, mummy.'

The woman must be an inquisitive person because in a moment, she was at the door to see who he was talking with.

'Good evening, ma,' Maggie greeted, making a sign of kneeling down.

'Good evening, my daughter. Are you his female lawyer colleague?'

'Yes, yes ma.'

'Good. He has told me about you. Please, continue to be a good friend to him, especially now that he's preparing to get married.'

Maggie expressed surprise. 'He's getting married?'

'Yes. So, he hasn't told you? Thank God, he's getting married to ....'

'Mummy, that's enough!' Yinka interrupted. 'Let me be the one to tell her.'

Margaret nearly fainted. Was she hearing right, or was she watching a Nollywood movie?

'Sorry I'm a bit forward,' the woman said, but there was nothing apologetic in her tone. 'Yes, I hope he will soon tell you that he's getting married
to the lady that has a three-year old child for him.'

'Let me get your bag,' he said to save face and dashed out of sight. Maggie was befuddled. No, this cannot be true, she thought frantically. This
must be a nightmare!

The woman was not done. 'I'm sure he will invite you for the wedding,' she went on.

Yinka returned her bag. 'Sorry for the trouble. I'll explain everything later.'

Maggie took her bag from him. Like a zombie she turned and left the place. Did that really happen to her or had she watched a rehearsal?

Unfortunately, she was not watching any drama. It had happened live and real. Outside the gate of his house, she stopped to regain her
composure. This was terrible. Just some weeks ago, Tony had disappointed.

This one was even more disappointing because she had hoped he was candid and straight forward. As it was, this case was even worse. How
could she have imagined that Yinka had a three-year old baby and that lady was standing by for marital union. And he never told her. Yinka never told her a thing!

FOR COMPLETE STORY: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

2 Likes

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by aprilwise(m): 4:18pm On Apr 09, 2019
Maggie's only option is to fight for Tony. Thanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by FortunateB(f): 5:18pm On Apr 09, 2019
aprilwise:
Maggie's only option is to fight for Tony. Thanks for the update
Too late for that.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by skubido(m): 6:10pm On Apr 09, 2019
Lori le,odi gonbe.

Tanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Wadewaltz(m): 6:24pm On Apr 09, 2019
skubido:
Lori le,odi gonbe.

Tanks for the update
(Beatboxing) Skubido my man,it's been a long time
Join me in singing our old theme song....
Skubi skubi do
Where are you.......
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by izaray(f): 10:20am On Apr 10, 2019
Interesting, can't wait to see the end

Thanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by ashatoda: 4:02pm On Apr 10, 2019
walahi Lara and Tony Don enter gbege
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 6:46am On Apr 20, 2019
Maggie took her bag from him. Like a zombie she turned and left the place. Did that really happen to her or had she watched a rehearsal?

Unfortunately, she was not watching any drama. It had happened live and real. Outside the gate of his house, she stopped to regain her composure. This was terrible. Just some weeks ago, Tony had disappointed.

This one was even more disappointing because she had hoped he was candid and straight forward. As it was, this case was even worse. How
could she have imagined that Yinka had a three-year old baby and that lady was standing by for marital union. And he never told her. Yinka never told her a thing!

She moved on, took a cab and returned to her Ikeja residence. Lara was yet to come home. She had probably gone to frolic with Tony again.

She was suddenly very bitter. How could men be so selfish and callous? How could they be so inconsiderate? And why was she so unlucky with
them?

Why was she always at the receiving end? Life appeared to be so harsh and unfair. Why did God make things so difficult like this? Why couldn't
those deceitful ones leave her alone? Why were the loving, kind and sincere men not coming her way?

Tony came to pick Lara after she closed at work. This time, there was no caution from her as she was enjoying the show of affection. So far, he had proved to be kind and loving. Lara prayed he would continue this way. She has heard about some men who were very loving before marriage but who soon became something else not long after marriage.

She prayed Tony would not be one of such. He drove her straight to his apartment. While still on the way, Lara felt like calling Maggie. She might
still snub her, as she had been doing, but she would still try to call her.

The line went through easily, and surprisingly Maggie picked the call after the third ring.

'Hello, Maggie, how're you?' Lara said.

There was a pause. 'I'm not fine,' she finally said. The melancholy note in her voice was unmistakable.

'What happened?' Lara asked.

There was another pause. 'I can't say it on the phone.'

'Is it that serious?'

'Yes. It's serious.'

'Oh my God, where're you, now?'

'I'm at home.'

'Alright, just take it easy. I'll soon be with you.'

The conversation ended. 'I'm sorry, I have to go to my residence,' Lara told Tony.

'What did she say happen?'

She sighed. 'She's yet to tell me, but the way she sounded shows that it must be quite serious.'

He diverted from his initial course and drove to her residence.

'Sorry, Tony darling. My going to your house would have to be another time.'

He nodded. 'I understand. We'll make it another time.'

'Thanks for your understanding.' She gave him a peck and got down from the car. She waved at him and he drove off. When she entered the apartment, she went to meet Maggie in her room.

'What happened, my dear?' Lara asked in concern. 'Hope nothing serious?'

Maggie was huddled on her bed. The look on her face was pathetic.

'My God, you've been crying!'

Lara held her. It was quite long she held her like that. But Maggie had done the same to her in the past. When Lara realized that Alex had
completely slipped out of her hand, she had cried, and it was Maggie that had consoled her.

Although Lara was yet to know the cause of the grief, it was her turn to show empathy. Before Maggie could say anything, she cried a little bit more. Moved, Lara too shed some tears. When she finally calmed down, Maggie told her about the latest rift between Yinka and her.

'Oh my God! You mean he has done such a thing,' Lara exclaimed. 'You mean he already has a child outside?'

'Yes. Not only that, they'll soon be doing their wedding. Can you imagine that? His mother who came today purposely let the cat out of the bag.

That's men for you.'

'I'm so sorry to hear that,' Lara said. 'I'm so sorry.'

You can download full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

2 Likes

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by becca2017(f): 7:51am On Apr 20, 2019
Thanks a lot for the update..

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by skubido(m): 9:41am On Apr 20, 2019
Hmmm,

Tanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by izaray(f): 4:10pm On Apr 21, 2019
Weldone op

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 7:35am On Apr 24, 2019
Maggie could say anything, she cried a little bit more. Moved, Lara too shed some tears. When she finally calmed down, Maggie told her about the latest rift between Yinka and her.

'Oh my God! You mean he has done such a thing,' Lara exclaimed. 'You mean he already has a child outside?'

'Yes. Not only that, they'll soon be doing their wedding. Can you imagine that? His mother who came today purposely let the cat out of the bag.
That's men for you.'

'I'm so sorry to hear that,' Lara said. 'I'm so sorry.'

Awele came home a bit tired. Business had been good that day and she had made some cool money. She was into buying and selling of children's clothes and she had a 'baby care' shop. Dorcas, her only daughter and child had already written her WASSCE where she had come out in flying colors. This year, she would be writing her UTME. She had said she would like to be attending morning lessons in preparatory to the exams.

Her mother refused, saying that she would be disturbed by boys if she should be going for the lessons. Awele was very protective of her daughter. She was always harping on the fact that she would not let any boy distract her. Rather than going for the lessons, she had told her to be following her to the shop. She created a small space where she could read. She also told her daughter that on coming back to the house, she would be exempted from cooking and doing some house chores. She argued that two hours she would spend studying on her own would be much worthwhile compared to the six hours she would spend at the lesson center.

'You must not trust a boy or a man,' she often told her daughter. 'You see those two firm breasts on your chest, that's what they're targeting.
They want to touch them and play with them. They will not stop at that. They also want to get in between your thighs. I mean they want to have sex with you. They will claim that it is love, but it is all lies. As soon as they're through with you, they'll dump you. They are like that. Don't you ever listen to them!'

Awele's bitter marital experience made her to spill all these bile. She did not want her only daughter to be at the receiving end of what they called love, like in her case.

It was in this mood of these anti-male sentiments that Daddy Iyabo, the fifty year old contractor who occupied one of the two-bedrooms in the four two-bedroom flats house came that fateful evening to chat up Madam Awele.

'I've been meaning to see you for some time now,' Daddy Iyabo said. He was an introvert widower who lost his wife after a brief illness about a year ago.

'To see me? Hope no problem?'

'Ah, no problem,' the man replied.

They were standing just outside her flat.

'It's no problem,' he repeated. 'I've been watching you for some time now. I see you as a hard-working, but lonely woman. I'm lonely too, but I
believe with mutual understanding and cooperation, our lonely days can be gone.’

'How?' she asked as if she did not understand what he was saying.

'Let us come together and be one. We can marry and live as one family.'
Awele chuckled. See the way this man was referring to marriage as it was as simple as taking a picnic. Yes, it was true that the man looked
serious and responsible. Since he lost his wife, he had always been going around gently. Nothing indecent had been associated with him. He was not like another man, Suraj, that she knew, who barely three months after the death of his wife brought another woman to the house. Some men!

Awele surprised herself by not giving Daddy Iyabo an outright ‘No’. 'Okay, I'll think over it,' she said.

He smiled and nodded. 'Yes, please, think over it well. I'm not talking about a fling. I'm talking about becoming the step father to Dorcas and you
becoming the step father to Iyabo and my other children.' He smiled again. 'Thank you for your time.'

GET THE COMPLETE STORY FROM: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

2 Likes

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Ann2012(f): 8:35am On Apr 24, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Emex100(m): 2:07pm On Apr 24, 2019
if you don't love to read you can't come up with this piece. I love this
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by aprilwise(m): 2:55pm On Apr 24, 2019
Thanks for the update.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by skubido(m): 3:43pm On Apr 24, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by izaray(f): 11:19am On Apr 25, 2019
Thanks for the update

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Hosts Lupita Nyong’o In Lagos / Change : How I Started Stealing Pots With Food On Fire / My Book Of Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.