Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,626 members, 7,770,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:57 PM

Love Is A Dangerous Game - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Is A Dangerous Game (41121 Views)

Love Is A Dangerous Game / Love Is Not For Suckers (Adult Content 18+ ) By Ade Spades / Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 5:26am On Mar 20, 2019
She held her breath. 'What!'

'Yes, Lara, take them. They're yours now.'

'No, you can't do that. They were meant for Maggie!'

'Yes, but she rejected them.'

She was silent for a while.

'I have no personal use for wigs or other ladies' items,' he went on. ‘So, have them.'

'But ... But, is that proper?' she asked.

He smiled over the line. 'What's improper about a woman wearing a wig?'

'That's not what I mean. What I mean is, Maggie and I are friends. Is it not covetous if I take what should have belonged to her?'

'But she rejected them,' he repeated. 'Willfully, she said she didn't want them. Now, the man that bought them said you can have them.'

She briefly muled over this again. Well, maybe it was okay. She wasn't the one that asked for them. He was the one that said she could have
them. Besides, Maggie rejected them and had moved on with her life.

'Okay, Tony. Thanks very much.'

He relaxed and smiled. 'You're welcome, Lara. So, how's the weekend?

She would not tell him it was boring and she had been lonely. 'Ah, weekend is fine. We thank God.'

'Alright. Have a blessed day. Bye for now.'

'Bye,' she replied. 'And once again, thanks.'

'Oh it's alright. You're welcome.' The line went off. She tried to smile the incident off, but she could not help wondering how Maggie would react
if she got to know. But how would she react? How would she even know? Since the day the items were brought, Maggie had not mentioned them again. So, if Lara did not tell her a thing about them again, Maggie wouldn't know a thing. Hours later, when Maggie returned to the house, she was all smiles.

'You look excited and radiant,' Lara pointed out.

'Yes o, I've been having a wonderful time.'

'I can see that.'

She came to seat by her friend's side on the sofa.

'Yinka has proposed to me,' she gushed.

'So soon? Well, well, congratulations.'

Lara hugged in a show of felicity. 'Oh, that's good. That means you're completely closing Tony's chapter.

Maggie frowned briefly. 'That flirt? I beg, forget about him. He's not serious at all.'

Lara sighed. 'Well, I'm happy to hear that you and Yinka are smooching on fine.'

'Thank you.'

'And I hope the wedding bell will soon toll.'

Maggie nodded, smiling. 'I hope so too.'

The following day was Sunday. The two friends dressed up for Sunday service. On their way to the church (they attended the same parish),
Maggie informed her friend that she would be visiting Yinka's house after the service.

'Ah, Maggie, this love dey shack you. Make una take am easy now. You wan carry belle before wedding?'

'And why not?'

The two of them laughed.

Chapter Four

After service, Lara went back home alone. Oh God, provide the right man that I would love, but above all, who will totally love me, she prayed in her mind. At home, she changed from church wears to a t-shirt and bum shots. She then decided to prepare fried rice and fried plantain.
She was mid-way through with the cooking when her cell phone rang. It was Tony on the line.

'Hello, happy Sunday,' he greeted.

'Same to you. Thanks for the other time.'

'Oh, you're welcome. How's everything going?'

'We thank God.'

'Are you at home?'

'Yes. Hope no problem?'

He laughed shortly. 'Oh, no. I want to see you briefly, if you don't mind.'

She frowned slightly. 'I don't understand.'

'I'm presently in your neighborhood. About two houses away from your residence. I'll like to see you for one minute.'

She paused for many seconds. Why did he want to see her? If he still imagined he could have Maggie back, he was making a big mistake. She
had moved and was with another lover.

'Alright,' she said. 'Give me a minute.'

Read full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

3 Likes

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by izaray(f): 9:57am On Mar 20, 2019
Oh... All these okadabooks things self, don't even kno how to go about it embarassed
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Ann2012(f): 6:11pm On Mar 20, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 5:35am On Mar 21, 2019
izaray:
Oh... All these okadabooks things self, don't even kno how to go about it embarassed

You will need to sign up with them. Thereafter, it will be easy for you to log in and buy any e-book you desire.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 5:39am On Mar 21, 2019
She frowned slightly. 'I don't understand.'

'I'm presently in your neighborhood. About two houses away from your residence. I'll like to see you for one minute.'

She paused for many seconds. Why did he want to see her? If he still imagined he could have Maggie back, he was making a big mistake. She had moved and was with another lover.

'Alright,' she said. 'Give me a minute.'

She did not know how long it would take, so she suspended her cooking for now. Still in her t-shirt and bum shorts, she locked up the apartment and went outside the house. At the gate, she looked to the left and to the right, before deciding that his car must be the one she was seeing to her right. He hooted the horn twice. That confirmed it. She moved to the right. As soon as she neared the car, he opened his side door and popped out his head. 'I'm so sorry to bother you,' he said as a way of greeting. He sat back on the seat and opened the passenger door for her. Lara entered the car and gently closed the door.

'I'm sorry to bother you,' he said. 'It's just that it's such an important matter that I have to get off my chest.'

She sighed. 'What matter could that be?'

He nodded, but took his time. 'I know it may sound odd, or strange. But please try to understand me. I'm in love with you.'

There was pin silence. Lara could not believe her ears. 'I'm sorry, I didn't hear you,' she said. Maybe it was a mistake. Maybe he said it in error.

Or maybe she was the one that imagined it.

Tony smiled. 'I have carefully thought over this,' he said. 'I must say it's not easy for me to say it, going by the circumstance. But, I just have to say it, for it's from the bottom of my heart. Lara, I'm in love with you.'

So, he could say it again. So, Tony would have the gut to say that again.

'It's now, I believe that indeed, you were sleeping with that lady that called Maggie's number. Margaret was right, after all. You're such a flirt.

You're not only a flirt, you're a shameless one. So, after sleeping with Margaret, you want to sleep with me, her friend, also. You should be ashamed of yourself!'

She had spat out the words. She opened the side door and got out, slamming it.

'Lara, please,' he was saying. 'It's not the way you're thinking. I'm truly in love ...'

She was already out of the earshot. Yeye man, she thought scornfully.

By the time she got back to the flat, her phone was ringing. When she checked the caller ID, she could see that he was the one. She ignored it
and went to the kitchen to resume her cooking. She completed her cooking, fried the plantain and took her meal to the living-room. When she checked the phone, there were seven missed calls, all from Tony.

GET THE FULL STORY FROM: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

2 Likes

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by aprilwise(m): 7:30am On Mar 21, 2019
Love can be transfer from one friend to another. Tony will win Lara heart . Thanks
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by skubido(m): 8:52am On Mar 21, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by izaray(f): 9:24am On Mar 21, 2019
Mr Tony the lover boy
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by FairCritic(m): 5:55pm On Mar 21, 2019
Nice story.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 5:30am On Mar 22, 2019
By the time she got back to the flat, her phone was ringing. When she checked the caller ID, she could see that he was the one. She ignored it and went to the kitchen to resume her cooking. She completed her cooking, fried the plantain and took her meal to the living-room. When she checked the phone, there were seven missed calls, all from Tony.

The guy was unserious, she thought. Did he think she was so cheap? Did he think the gifts of ankara, the wigs and the other items he asked her to take would make her open her legs wide for him? Nonsense!

She would report him to Maggie. No doubt about that. Maggie did not return to the house until some minutes to ten.

'Oh, you stayed quite late,' Lara pointed out, out of concern.

'Yes. Sorry, my dear. I had to prepare dinner before leaving his place. He actually came to drop me here.'

'Good. I can see serious love in the air.'

'Yes, o.'

'You're looking so radiant these days.'

Maggie smiled broadly. 'We give thanks to almighty God.'

'Ah, let me gist you. Tony was here o.'

'Really? To do what again?'

'You won't believe it. He actually came to see me.'

'You? Wait a minute, don't tell me he has started toasting you.'

Lara chuckled. 'That's exactly what he did. He said he loves me.'

Maggie broke into a loud laugh. 'Ah, that's Tony for you. Tony, the serial flirt.'

'It's now I know he was lying about the defense he put when that lady slept overnight in his residence. As far as I can see, that guy can sleep
with mother and daughter.'

Lara nodded. 'He can even go a step further to the grandmother!' They broke into laughter.

'Ehn, ehn. So, he loves you. Good, now. Go ahead and marry him,' Maggie joked.

'Over my dead body. I beg, let's leave his matter and talk about better things.'

Tony had to sit himself down and try to be reasonable. He wondered if he was not ridiculing himself by going for Lara. It was even likely that she would report his overtures to Maggie. How would she ever agree to what he wanted, knowing fully well that her friend just broke up with him?

Don't give up, another part of his mind said. The way he had started feeling about her was the way he had never felt about any lady before. He
did not even have such convictions about Maggie throughout their relationship. The case of Lara was totally different. He felt he was truly in
love with her. He would not give up. Let him be ridiculed; let him be mocked, he would not give up until he was able to convince Lara of his love.

This Monday morning was a busy day for Lara. It was afternoon that there was a lull in her schedule. She took her lunch and topped it up with carbonated water. After resting for a while, she was about to go to another office on the same floor to have gist with Mrs. Adesanya, when an unusual visitor popped inside her office.

'Tony, how did you get here?' she asked in surprise.

Tony grinned. 'Well, Maggie once told me you work at the Ministry of Justice at the state secretariat. That's how I was able to locate you.
How're you, Lara, dear?'

'Fine.'

'Well, are you going to ask me to sit down?'

Grudgingly, she acquiesced. 'I hope you've not come to talk again about that ridiculous thing you said the other time,' she added.

He smiled, opened his big folder and brought a small Bible.

'Lara, listen carefully to me. I'm ready to swear by this Holy Bible that I love you.'

'Oh, you've come again.'

'I need to show you that I'm serious. I need to prove that I'm not a flirt as you think.'

She chuckled. 'So, you think you can deceive me by brandishing the Bible. No way.'

READ FULL STORY AT: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

2 Likes

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by aprilwise(m): 7:48am On Mar 22, 2019
Tony is desperate to the extent of using a Bible to swear of his love to Lara . He will win her love in due time
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by izaray(f): 9:50am On Mar 22, 2019
Swearing with a bible all to prove ur love for someone. What love can make one do wink

LOVE is crazy
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by izaray(f): 9:51am On Mar 22, 2019
aprilwise:
Tony is desperate to the extent of using a Bible to swear of his love to Lara . He will win her love in due time
That guy's desperation seems his high on yaba left cheap weed cheesy

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 6:34am On Mar 23, 2019
Grudgingly, she acquiesced. 'I hope you've not come to talk again about that ridiculous thing you said the other time,' she added.

He smiled, opened his big folder and brought a small Bible.

'Lola, listen carefully to me. I'm ready to swear by this Holy Bible that I love you.'

'Oh, you've come again.'

'I need to show you that I'm serious. I need to prove that I'm not a flirt as you think.'

She chuckled. 'So, you think you can deceive me by brandishing the Bible. No way.'

He held the Bible gingerly. 'I'm ready to swear right away.'

'Please, I don't need any swearing. Besides, this is an office, not a place to profess love.'

'If you want me to come to your house and do the swearing there, I'm ready to do so.'

Lara shook her head. 'There's no need for swearing, anywhere. Think of it, Tony, how d'you expect me to believe you? How will any reasonable
person believe what you're saying? You're claiming, love, while obviously, it's lust.'

He nodded, but not in agreement. 'That's why you need to give me a chance to prove that love to you.'

She shook her head too. 'There's nothing to prove. Please, Tony, you have to go now.'

He breathed in deeply and stood up. 'Okay, I'll go. Can I come back to pick you when you close? I'll drive you home. Then, we can chat more.'

'Don't bother to pick me. In addition, there's nothing to chat about.'

'I won't give up, Lara.' He smiled. 'Believe me, the more you act like this, the more I'm convinced that the two of us will make a good couple.'

She nearly laughed, but she only shook her head and withheld her comment.

'So long, Lara.' He waved at her and was gone.

Lara was perplexed. Would a man be doing all these because he desired to sleep with a lady? Would a man go and meet a lady in her office and
say he was ready to swear by the Bible that he was truly in love with that lady? Were there no ladies he could give even half of the gift he
asked her to take and who would be willing to allow him to sleep with them? What happened to the lady Maggie caught him. Couldn't he easily go after such ladies, instead of disturbing the peace of someone like her, Lara?

Lara's mind was busy. Wait a minute, what if what he said was true? What if indeed he had not slept with Cynthia on the day in question? What
if his claim that Cynthia was trying to set him up was true? The last but not the least of them, what if Tony's claim to love her, Lara, was true?
Lara shook her head. It could not be true, she told herself.

The following morning, Tony called Cynthia's line.

'Hello, Cynthia.'

She was surprised at his call. Since the day she had slept on the sofa in his sitting-room, there had been no calls, except when he challenged her on revealing to Maggie that she had slept overnight in his house.

'Hello,' she managed to say.

'Look Cynthia. Let me once again beg for your pardon over how I treated you the other time. Please, forgive me, okay.'

'I've forgotten that issue,' she replied. It was a lie. No one was in doubt that the matter remained very fresh in her mind.

'Please, Cynthia, I need your help.' Despite the fact that he was very angry at the role she played in causing schism between him and Maggie,
he had decided to play it cool and calm. He realized that the same Cynthia can be used to rectify the wrongs.

Cynthia became alert. 'How can I be of help to you, Mr. Irabor?'

READ FULL STORY FROM: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

2 Likes

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by skubido(m): 6:59am On Mar 23, 2019
Hmmmm, Tony Tony

OP tanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by izaray(f): 12:46pm On Mar 23, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 6:17am On Mar 24, 2019
izaray:
Thanks for the update

skubido:
Hmmmm, Tony Tony

OP tanks for the update

Thanks for your interests.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 6:22am On Mar 24, 2019
The following morning, Tony called Cynthia's line.

'Hello, Cynthia.'

She was surprised at his call. Since the day she had slept on the sofa in his sitting-room, there had been no calls, except when he challenged her on revealing to Maggie that she had slept overnight in his house.

'Hello,' she managed to say.

'Look Cynthia. Let me once again beg for your pardon over how I treated you the other time. Please, forgive me, okay.'

'I've forgotten that issue,' she replied. It was a lie. No one was in doubt that the matter remained very fresh in her mind.

'Please, Cynthia, I need your help.' Despite the fact that he was very angry at the role she played in causing schism between him and Maggie,
he had decided to play it cool and calm. He realized that the same Cynthia can be used to rectify the wrongs.

Cynthia became alert. 'How can I be of help to you, Mr. Irabor?'

'Good. Let's meet at my pharmaceutical store. The one at Ogunlana Drive.'

There was a long pause from her.

'Listen, Cynthia. I'm going to compensate you for this. I'm going to pay you for your time and energy. Trust me.'

'Okay,' she finally agreed. 'What time?'

'Let's say by eleven.'

'Alright.'

She came around few minutes after eleven, and she was ushered to his small office. He made sure he welcomed her with a smile, although
inwardly, he felt no mirth.

'What kind I offer you, Cynthia?' he asked.

'Malt drinks,' she said.

Pronto, he asked his sales girl to get the drinks. He allowed a couple of minutes to take it before clearing his throat.

'Now, dear Cynthia, my reason for asking you to come here is simple,' he began. 'The call made to Maggie that you spent the night with me has
caused an eternal damage, as she has cut off relationship with me and has got herself a new man.'

Was that true? She asked in her mind. Had her action brought such a serious reprisal? Inwardly, she felt some guilt. Maybe she should not have
gone to that extent.

'But that one is gone,' he went on. 'The challenge I'm having now is I have serious feelings for her close friend.'

Cynthia clouded her face.

'Now, don't look at me like that. I'm serious. It sounds odd, but that's the feeling I have for her. I love that her friend. I'm ready to marry her,
even right away. But she doesn't believe me. She and her friend believe I'm a flirt, a playboy and an unserious guy. The help I need from you is
I want to take you to her face, and I want you to tell her that you were the one that made that call to Maggie's number that morning. Above all,
I want you to tell her the truth that though you slept overnight in my house, there was nothing sexual between us that night. That's all. All i want you to tell her is the truth. No more, no less.'

READ FULL STORY: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

2 Likes

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Ann2012(f): 1:23pm On Mar 24, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 5:00am On Mar 25, 2019
'Now, don't look at me like that. I'm serious. It sounds odd, but that's the feeling I have for her. I love that her friend. I'm ready to marry her, even right away. But she doesn't believe me. She and her friend believe I'm a flirt, a playboy and an unserious guy. The help I need from you is

I want to take you to her face, and I want you to tell her that you were the one that made that call to Maggie's number that morning. Above all,

I want you to tell her the truth that though you slept overnight in my house, there was nothing sexual between us that night. That's all. All I want you to tell her is the truth. No more, no less.'

Cynthia paused in her drinks and was briefly thoughtful.

'I'm sorry, I called Margaret's number that morning.'

Tony felt some triumph. It was the first time Cynthia would be making that admission.

'I didn't know it would bring a serious consequence as this. I did it because I felt scorned by you. I felt I've been treated so badly.' She shrugged again. 'It's okay, I will follow you to this lady you're talking about and I'll explain to her what really happened.'

Tony felt happy. 'That is good. You just tell her the truth. That is all.'

Jide Balogun was trying to have a warm-up chat with Lara. Since the day she rejected the food he sent a woman to give her, he had felt slighted and had stayed off. Today, he felt he should call a truce, even though it was all unilateral. He was in her office, trying to start a conversation when she had a male and a female visitor. That ended the almost-monologue conversation.

'Alright, Lara, dear,' he said. 'We will continue the conversation some other time.'

'Alright, Mr. Balogun,' she had replied.

He had emphasized the word, 'dear', while she had emphasized the word, 'Mister'. As soon as she was gone, Lara turned to look at Tony anxiously. 'I hope there's no problem.'

Tony smiled. 'No. Not at all.' He went straight to business. 'The lady with me here is Cynthia. Cynthia, this is Miss Lara, Margaret's friend that I
told you about.'

The two ladies nodded at each other.

'Yes,' Tony continued. 'I brought Cynthia here so that she would tell you the whole truth and nothing but the truth as to what happened that day. Cynthia, please, over to you.'

Cynthia cleared her throat and told her story. She said the truth about how Maggie first came in and caught them making love. She also said the truth about how she had gone to Tony's house the following night, only to be told that she was no longer needed in the relationship.

'I felt, scorned and humiliated,' she said. It was that feeling of bitterness that made her to stealthily go inside his bedroom when he was bathing, and making that call to Maggie, though she made it look like she wanted to call a Veronica. Cynthia ended her story by reiterating that all she had said was the truth, and nothing but the truth.'

Lara sighed after the lady had finished her story. 'There are issues, here,' she said. 'Number one, how I'm supposed to know if she indeed was the lady that Maggie saw with you when she visited your house unannounced?'

GET THE FULL DOWNLOAD FROM: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Ann2012(f): 7:49am On Mar 25, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by skubido(m): 9:08am On Mar 25, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by izaray(f): 1:27pm On Mar 25, 2019
What love can cause, just hope Lara will not consider Cynthia's statement inconclusive at the end shahcheesy

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 5:58am On Mar 26, 2019
Cynthia cleared her throat and told her story. She said the truth about how Maggie first came in and caught them making love. She also said the truth about how she had gone to Tony's house the following night, only to be told that she was no longer needed in the relationship.

'I felt, scorned and humiliated,' she said. It was that feeling of bitterness that made her to stealthily go inside his bedroom when he was bathing, and making that call to Maggie, though she made it look like she wanted to call a Veronica. Cynthia ended her story by reiterating that all she had said was the truth, and nothing but the truth.'

Lara sighed after the lady had finished her story. 'There are issues, here,' she said. 'Number one, how I'm supposed to know if she indeed was the lady that Maggie saw with you when she visited your house unannounced?'

Tony nodded. 'You have a point there. Please, use your phone to take her picture, and show it to Maggie. I hope she'll be able to recognize her.'

Lara nodded. 'Then, secondly, even if she was the lady, how am I sure you've not given her something to come and be saying all these?'

Cynthia immediately felt insulted. 'Excuse me, what exactly are you insinuating? I won't be so lowly as to do all that!'

Tony had to quickly intervene. 'Please, let's take it easy. Cynthia, don't be offended.' He turned to Lara. 'This lady I've brought to you today is that same lady Maggie saw. The almighty God is my witness. As long as the almighty God lives, if everything Cynthia has said today is the truth, we will be justified. But if they are deceits, then the anger of God will also swing to action.'

He took Cynthia's pictures from different angles. 'Shebi you can see her face well? I will send these pictures I've taken now to your WhatsApp number. Then you can show Maggie if she can recollect the face of the lady she saw in my bedroom that day. Lara, thanks for your time.
Cynthia, thanks for your time too. Let's go.'

Lara's guests stood up. 'Thanks for all the troubles,' she told them as they left her office. Several minutes after they had gone, Lara's mind remained in turmoil.

Could what Cynthia say be the real truth? Maggie was already out of Tony's life, so he was obviously going through all these troubles to convince her - Lara - that he had genuine love for her. If all he was after was sex or a fling, would he be going through all these? What, if it was all true?

What if indeed Tony loved her? Lara tried to imagine a love scene between Tony and her.

He was a handsome dude, no doubt. And he was also successful in his pharmaceutical business. But, how would she explain her change of mind to Maggie? Would she not see her as a betrayal, or as a cheap lady? Honestly, Lara was in a quandary. Some hours after they left, he sent

Cynthia's pictures to her WhatsApp, just as he said. Lara studied the lady's features very well.

She was indeed pretty, most likely prettier than her. Tony did not seem to be short of having pretty ladies around him. Somehow, Lara started believing this was the same lady that Maggie caught with. Somehow, she started believing that all what the lady said was true, and that indeed, Tony had love for her. But she could not tell Maggie any of these. She could not even show her Cynthia's picture to confirm if she was the lady Maggie saw in his bedroom.

Tony gave Lara four days before he called her again. At the back of his mind, he had no doubt that Lara would ultimately be convinced by what had played out. He wanted the truth to sink in, but did not want to rush her. That was why he gave her four days 'to think over it.'

Now, on a Saturday morning, he was finally calling her.

'Hello, Lara,' he greeted.

'Hello, Tony.'

'Do you now believe me, or you're still in doubts?' he asked.

'I don't know.'

He grinned to himself. Her answer meant she had started to believe him.

'Can I take you out for lunch today?'

'I ... I don't know.'

He grinned to himself again. 'I'll come around by one o'clock. I'll park the car where I parked the other time. Is that okay by you?'

There was another long pause. 'Okay,' she finally said.

'Good. I'll be there.'

The line was disconnected. Lara stared at her phone. You said okay, she accused herself. How could you say okay? So, now you're ready to
cheapen yourself and to betray your friend!

GET THE FULL STORY FROM: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Ann2012(f): 7:16am On Mar 26, 2019
Hmmmm

Well done OP
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 5:18am On Mar 27, 2019
Ann2012:
Hmmmm

Well done OP

Many thanks.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 5:20am On Mar 27, 2019
He grinned to himself again. 'I'll come around by one o'clock. I'll park the car where I parked the other time. Is that okay by you?'

There was another long pause. 'Okay,' she finally said.

'Good. I'll be there.'

The line was disconnected. Lara stared at her phone. You said okay, she accused herself. How could you say okay? So, now you're ready to
cheapen yourself and to betray your friend!

But another mind told her to go ahead. Nobody was betraying anybody, the mind said. Maggie was not in the house. She had gone out to meet her new heartthrob. You don't even have a man to go and meet. Somebody is now professing love to you, and see what you're doing! Alright, what she would do is this? She would go out with Tony, but she would spell the terms. She would say the relationship would be platonic and no amount of gifts he gave her would seduce her. If he said he wanted to marry her, good. There would be no sex until marriage. Good idea. That was what she would do.

She had her bath towards noon and picked a simple casual wear of t-shirt and jeans trousers. After all, it was a Saturday. She applied her perfume and sat on the sofa. It was a few minutes to one o'clock. She realized she was a bit anxious. Dear Lara, she told herself. How could you be anxious? How could ...?

Her phone rang. It was Tony that was calling.

'Hello?'

'Hello, Lara. I'm already waiting.'

'Okay. I'll be there.'

She stood up and switched the television off. Don't allow Tony to mess you up, she told herself. Stand your ground. Nobody can mess Lara up.

She locked up the flat and went downstairs. The car was at the spot it was the other time. It was as if Maggie was lurking around and watching
her. Oh, Lord. Oh, Lord.

He opened the door for her.

'Good after, dear Lara.'

'Good afternoon, Tony.'

He looked at her over. 'You look good.'

She smiled briefly. 'Thank you.'

'And I like that perfume you're wearing.'

'Thank you.'

He smiled at her again and kicked the engine into life. He drove to Allen Avenue and to a popular eatery. He ordered for fried rice and chicken.
They ate slowly.

'I'm glad you agreed to have lunch with me,' he started. 'I'm not surprised. I knew we would have intimate time like this together.'

'Don't overstretch your luck,' she cautioned.

He smiled. 'I'm beginning to believe it.'

Her brows went into a slight frown. 'Believe what?'

'Believe that you'll be a good wife.'

'Again, you're overstretching your luck.'

Thereafter, they ate almost in silence. After the food, he bought two jars of ice cream and they left the eatery. In his car, he looked at her over
again. 'I love you, dear Lara,' he said.

'Really?'

The car key was in the ignition, but he did not start it yet. The car provided some privacy.

'Yes,' he answered. 'Are you still in doubt?'

'Yes.'

He nodded as if he expected that answer. 'As time goes on, I'll prove it to you.'

She looked out through the window at the busy street briefly.

'What exactly do you want from me?' she asked.

'I want to marry you.'

'Why? Is it to spite Maggie?'

Get full download at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by aprilwise(m): 9:19am On Mar 27, 2019
It's Lara luck if Tony really want to marry her. What will Maggie thinks.
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by izaray(f): 10:01am On Mar 27, 2019
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 5:56am On Mar 28, 2019
He nodded as if he expected that answer. 'As time goes on, I'll prove it to you.'

She looked out through the window at the busy street briefly.

'What exactly do you want from me?' she asked.

'I want to marry you.'

'Why? Is it to spite Maggie?'

He shook his head vehemently. 'I wish her the best of luck. I don't want to marry you to spite her. I want to marry you because I love you.'

'Love?'

He nodded. 'Yes, love. The way I feel for you is the way I've never felt for any lady.'

Her brows went up again. 'Even Margaret?'

'Yes, even Margaret. I liked Margaret a lot, but I love you.'

She appeared to mull over this. 'There's a vital condition you must meet on this matter.'

'What condition?'

'There'll be no pre-marital sex.'

He suddenly smiled. 'Does that mean you've agreed to marry me?'

'Yes, but on that condition.'

He smiled more and gave her a hug. 'Oh, my darling, Lara, I totally agree to your condition. At least, that will be a way of proving my love for
you. Thanks for accepting me, despite the bad boy image I have.'

'And you must drop the bad boy image you have.'

'Of course, of course. Now, that I'm with the lady I truly love, I'll bury that bad boy image. Trust me.'

She nodded.

'Now, let me take you to Shoprite so that we can do some weekend shopping.'

She smiled. 'I hope you're not trying to seduce me with your gifts.'

'No, no. Never. I'll abide by the condition. The gifts are not to influence anything, but to serve as a token of my love for you.'

He kicked the engine into life and drove to the giant mall at Ikeja. There, he bought some exotic perfumes, jewelry and, wait for this, lingerie for
her. She was the one that told him to stop buying, that he had bought enough. She knew he was generous, but did not want to abuse his
generosity.

'Thanks so much, Tony. I appreciate your your openhandedness.'

He smiled genially. 'Anything for my queen.'

After the shopping, he drove her home.

'Some other time, you'll know my home,' he said.

Lara smiled and nodded. 'Yes, it's a gradual thing.'

He held her right hand and kissed its back.

'Until another time, my dear.'

Again, she nodded. 'Once again, many thanks. Bye.'

He waved at her and she was gone. Lara went straight to her room where she examined all he had bought. The items were exotic and expensive.
Oh God. Her mind wavered. Was she doing the right thing? Was it right to give her heart to him? She thought again about how Maggie would feel.

Then, she shrugged it off. Maggie had moved on with her life, and she - Lara - had her own life to live. But she would have to tell Maggie about
Tony. Sooner or later, she would know. Lara felt the earlier she knew, the better. She decided she would tell her that night.

GET FULL DOWNLOAD FROM: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Ann2012(f): 7:34am On Mar 28, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by aprilwise(m): 8:17am On Mar 28, 2019
I wanna ask a question. Lara agreeing to marry Tony is it a betrayal to Maggie?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Hosts Lupita Nyong’o In Lagos / Short Story Competition / The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.