Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! (71535 Views)

Senate Presidency: Igbos Have Themselves To Blame For Voting Atiku— APC / Atiku Has Lost The 2019 Elections / Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by wisgo419: 6:34pm On Feb 26, 2019
Ikio:
E was unpopular becos north hates restructuring, they hate anything good... don't give any northern begger money. Let them suffer joor.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by PureNigerian: 6:34pm On Feb 26, 2019
Guyman02:
This article doesnt make much sense. Northerners saw Buhari as a defender of Islam and voted for him. SS/SE and part of SW saw Atiku/Obi as business oriented anti poverty agents and voted for them not because he wanted to sell the loo making NNPC.
Igbos voted for Atiku/Obi because the dread poverty which is seen as will of Allah in the North.

Many Hausa beggars in Lagos spent so much to travel to go and cast their votes for Sai Baba even though he has not told them how he will take them out of poverty; only to return to the streets to beg for sustenance from Igbos, Yorubas, Ibibios, Ijaws etc who wanted to elevate themselves out of economic downturn by voting Atiku/Obi

You are dead wrong

1 Like

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by kayfra: 6:35pm On Feb 26, 2019
Corrinthians:
What about getting rid of all these and tinker with the Mogalus, Sowores, Ribadus, Soludos, et al of this world? Must we be stuck with the old stock??

They have to join APC or PDP unfortunately
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 26, 2019
Amarabae:
First of all, I want to congratulate President Buhari for his reelection ,
I didn't vote for him but at the end of the day, he won
That's one of the beauties of democracy!
Going through the results of the presidential election from the north, I can't help but admit that I am disappointed at the PDP presidential candidate Alhaji atiku abubakar.
1. Knowing fully well that there is a corruption tag hanging around you, why shouting "you will sell NNPC up and down "
What's the essence of the noise?
And about selling it, to whom?
Likely himself through a proxy and his friends,
That NNPC brouhaha depopularise him.
He should learn how to keep his mouth shut most times.
Does he know how many people lost their jobs when Nitel was sold,
Many Nigerians especially northerners were not comfortable with that selling of NNPC thing.
2. He didn't prepare well against rigging and malpractice.
This is Nigeria where elections comes with drama, his presidential campaign organization should have put in mechanism in place to counter that.
And BTW who was the campaign director?
Oh Saraki, who was more focused on retaining his senatorial seat to no avail,
Their whole planning was poor!
3. Atiku needs to ask himself why he was unpopular in the north?
I never knew that he was this unpopular,
Losing your polling unit to buhari is a big embarrassment please,
Let's be frank, Buhari smashed the northern votes,
We thought atiku will divide the northern votes, but what we saw was disheartening.
Look at south where his vice president aspirant, Peter Obinna came from, PDP won the highest number of votes in the south,
That means that Peter Obi delivered.
To my suprise, the PDP votes from South west was very impressive
What is Atiku excuse for the poor performance of PDP in the north from where he is from?

4. Dear Atiku,
I tried for you,
Supported you,
Voted for you
But hope you are aware, that the buhari you can't defeat, you joined hands in pushing him to aso rock in 2015?
When you were in APC, you left APC, ran back to PDP that you helped in removing from power and now you can't defeat APC and buhari.
Maybe it is karma fighting back!
Who knows!

Dear Atiku Abubakar
Accept the defeat in good faith
No need of going to court, it will be subjecting yourself to more ridicule.
You are still a billionaire.
Try again in 2023
But certainly NOT in PDP.
Thank you.
From Oriaku Amarachi
cool cool

No need for super story and plenty grammar. The election was rigged because he was voted for in the north. Many wards with Atiku supporters were cancelled. Ojo local government in lagos for instance has large population of Atiku supporters but it was cancelled for no reason. No violence nothing. They inflate apc scores and reduce or cancel that of pdp. I agree that yes, PDP neglected anti-rigging mechanism but lets not forget that this might be difficult since they are not in power.

Please lets not shift our focus from d fact that democracy has been murdered in this country. I might as well break my pvc.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by Naijageak(m): 6:35pm On Feb 26, 2019
Ikio:
E was unpopular becos north hates restructuring, they hate anything good... don't give any northern begger money. Let them suffer joor.

I won't give anyone of them money. Let them go and beg the man whom they voted

1 Like

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by anubabab: 6:36pm On Feb 26, 2019
Amarabae:
Going through the results of the presidential election from the north, I can't help but admit that I am disappointed at the PDP presidential candidate Alhaji atiku abubakar.
1. Knowing fully well that there is a corruption tag hanging around you, why shouting "you will sell NNPC up and down "
Many Nigerians especially northerners were not comfortable with that selling of NNPC thing.
This is Nigeria where elections comes with drama, his presidential campaign organization should have put in mechanism in place to counter that.
We thought atiku will divide the northern votes, but what we saw was disheartening.
Look at south where his vice president aspirant, Peter Obinna came from, PDP won the highest number of votes in the south,
What is Atiku excuse for the poor performance of PDP in the north from where he is from?

4. Dear Atiku,
I tried for you,
Supported you,
Voted for you
But hope you are aware, that the buhari you can't defeat, you joined hands in pushing him to aso rock in 2015?
When you were in APC, you left APC, ran back to PDP that you helped in removing from power and now you can't defeat APC and buhari.
Who knows!

Dear Atiku Abubakar
Try again in 2023
Thank you.
From Oriaku Amarachi
cool cool
thank you for this
I wish he sees it and learn
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by 2undeee(m): 6:37pm On Feb 26, 2019
Ikio:

We want restructuring more than anyone
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:37pm On Feb 26, 2019
If the rich always look down on the poor..The poor will not support them. The poor support who they trust. The problem with many rich people is that they will be nice to the poor but don't put them into confidence. They believe nothing good or wonderful can come out from them.
So I am not surprised with negative comments coming out of thread saying the North will suffer for voting buhari.
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by deji17: 6:37pm On Feb 26, 2019
ollah2:

It will activated soon and the cries and rants will resume

grin grin grin grin.. No lefelendum, no erection..
If they can't have the baby, then they want to kill the baby...
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by Silverman42(m): 6:39pm On Feb 26, 2019
Odingo1:
I was born in the north, what you said is not mostly the reason why Atiku fail.
Buhari is seen as a true muslim in the north who support jihadism and sharia. All the senior Imam back Buhari and Almajiris take orders from them, this almajiris are the real voters in the north. Atiku is seen as friend of infidels and have no control over the almajiris. They also trust Buhari to hand over to a northener in 2023 using PDP or APC.

Atiku have little control in the north because he is a liberal man, while Buhari is seen as a Islamic supreme leader because over the years Buhari is a trusted Islamic adherent who provide cover for Islamic hard liners.
Bro, you have given the most precise reason for his (Atiku's) loss. When i stayed in Sokoto during my youth service year, the degree of respect for Buhari i perceived from the indigenes is simply referred to as Idolization

1 Like

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by DeeMain(m): 6:39pm On Feb 26, 2019
CoolAmbience:

You thought Atiku would divide Northern votes....laughable. That's because you don't understand Nigeria one bit. No one who truly understood Nigeria structurally thought Atiku would win.

Conduct this election 9 more times, Buhari will best Atiku. You guys make me laugh when you mention rigging. Does that also mean that Atiku rigged Anambra, Ebonyi, Abia, Benue, Edo, Enugu FCT etc?

Make una rest abeg. These posts only further reveal the extent of your ignorance about electioneering and politics in Nigeria.

You think Obi did well....perhaps this is true, but looking at the results critically, Buhari performed substantially better than in 2015 in Obi's catchment regions of SE and SS.

LIke I said before, make una go rest small abeg.

Atiku rig the South when he is not the incumbent? Was it Atiku that invaded the South with the double rigging onslaught of the military and thugs or Mr Integrity himself?

So I ask you, why wouldn't Buhari perform better in the East this time than in 2015?
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by Lastanza: 6:40pm On Feb 26, 2019
donstan18:
Enough of these wailings. He lost because Buhari won.

How much did the South Easterners give him after he picked Peter Obi which is obviously turning around to be his biggest mistake.

He has lost. Let's accept the fate and move on to our various businesses and plans.

Afterall na hustling dem dey do.

Baba face your front and just know dat na Igbo phobia and the rancor that you keep accumulating for the igbos that would finally consume you soonest.
Atiku's undoing is entirely his inability to deliver North because the South generally delivered for him.

South East kill you there
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by Baselm: 6:40pm On Feb 26, 2019
Odingo1:

What did SE do to you now in the whole thing, APC have major improvement in SE by securing the needed 25% in most SE state unlike 2015

OK
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by Stillthebest: 6:44pm On Feb 26, 2019
Atiku lost just for two reasons;

1. He had been been nurturing the ambition to become the president since 1992 which he contested with MKO Abiola under SDP but lost in the pry, thus,MKO cliched the ticket. Such a man being a wealthy man, ought to have cleared a perfect ground in the North for his future. People's hands are not hard to employ but you must first win their hearts. What has he done voluntarily in the North to make the Hausas see him as a light? Naturally, Hausas hate liars and thieves. Atiku is painted as both. He needed to have worked on that in the North over time till the time he's was the Vice President to the post VP? How many mosques did he build in the North? How many schools did he build? How many people did he try to feed? You don't match the integrity of Buhari whom the fulanis see as their Aminu Kano, but you need another solid political tactics. I don't believe he failed to know that North is a decider of winning in the Nigeria national electoral spectrum today. What has been his relationship between him and the Northern deciders? Forget the babangidas and Danjumas. What's is his relationship with the Kano Emir. Politics is not hard but he makes it look harder. You can't act like a big Man in Nigeria Politics and achieve much(evident In his loss in his polling unit).How many men does Atiku have in the inner caucus of the Govt that can help penetrate the fabrics? Winning an incumbent that came from the North is a hard nut to crack.

2. He made a wrong choice of campaign director who lost his own return ticket to the senate due to lack of concentration on the grassroots(Saraki has his own other issues that have developed over time and failed to painstakingly attend to). However, this culminated in their failure to get a proper think tanks that would work out modalities to curtail rigging or its excesses in the North. To my observations so far, these are the major causative factors for his gross loss.

Meanwhile, on another serious note, for how long would the North determine the fates of the so called "liberated and exposed" in Nigeria through polls? This is a looming danger for the future. North now see themselves as "Nigeria" in quote.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by emkz: 6:44pm On Feb 26, 2019
Now everyone would be emergency political analysts telling us ten reasons why Atiku lost. Well, in my humble opinion, Atiku should have focused on penetrating Buhari's base in the north, not to win but to reduce the margin of defeat. I was certain that Atiku cannot defeat Buhari in an electoral contest. Apart from the fact that there is no living politician as popular as Buhari in the north, Atiku simply lacked the right strategy to challenge Buhari and I made several comments here that he should hire consultants to advise his campaign. Instead, he surrounded himself with people like Ben Bruce, Reno Omokri, Buba Galadima, Bukola Saraji and Uche Secondus and he went to the elections without a concrete plan to trounce Buhari in the north.

When Buhari came with the 4+4 insignia, it took four days before Atiku responded with a weak rebutal after the sign had gained traction. That sign became the most popular insignia of the APC campain. When he won the PDP primaries, instead of hitting the ground running, he sat down and enjoyed the publicity of victory. While Osinbajo was meeting people, Peter Obi was nowhere to be found. Not to bash him, Atiku did put Buhari on his toes, but I cant remember any concrete message during his campaign. He spoke arrogantly about enriching his friends in public. Hilary Clinton made her comments too, Mitt Romney did too. Those comments cost them their elections.
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by ALAYORMII: 6:44pm On Feb 26, 2019
Amarabae:

4. Dear Atiku,
I tried for you,
Supported you,
Voted for you
Who knows!

Dear Atiku Abubakar
Try again in 2023
Thank you.
From Oriaku Amarachi

cool cool

The writer must be high on the kinda stuff Bobrisky is on

Try again in 2023??

Are you ok at all??

I doubt it
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by Chipink(f): 6:45pm On Feb 26, 2019
NkayStory:

@Amarabae you really disappointed me with this rants you call thread...It is strange and unfortunate you do not kmow the real reason Atiku lost

smh!

I saw her post and saw 165 likes I SMH.
Nigerians are too gullible.
Atiku lost the election because it was clearly rigged..simple!!
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by alomeda600(m): 6:45pm On Feb 26, 2019
Blame OBJ
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by Dino98: 6:46pm On Feb 26, 2019
blackboy:
Blame him for underestimating APC and believing INEC. Weak campaign but in a free and fair election in a sane country it should have been an easy win. Integrity my arse and honest leader indeed , he fell for the wolf in sheep clothing trick.

Alot ot things were at play...PDP underestimated APC.
To be honest APC were hungrier....true that most reasonable Nigerians were tired of this current administration and this gave PDP hope; so instead of them to plot their graphs well, they hoped that the so many Nigerians crying will vote against this government.

PDP assumed that
1) the cries of millions of Nigerians of hunger,
2) the killer herdsmen,
3) picking Obi as VP,
4) the insecurity in the north,
5)the lopsided appointments,
6) the one-sided fight against corruption,
7) the very obvious low level of intelligence of the incumbent...
Was enough to win them the election, so they didn't put alot of things in place.

APC played a very intelligent game...like I hate APC but I was impressed;
1) they kept Buhari in a position of plausible deniability...he was in Daura on his farm with his cows

2) they knew that in Nigeria, majority don't give a Bleep about debates, economic policies and intellectual discuss...

3) they identified Atiku's likely strongholds and played a very smart one...they did not go their to buy votes or persuade the people but rather they used political thugs to disrupt the process, card readers malfunctioned, "rogue" military/police snatching ballot boxes.

4) they knew that to win the presidency,
a) you need majority vote....and ofcos Buhari will get majority vote cos of the North; he is a god to them becos he furthers their agenda, whereas Atiku is seen to be too liberal.
b) u need to get atleast 25% of 2/3 of the 37 states(FCT included)....and by all means necessary they dug it out for him.

I hate APC but they played the intelligent game. While PDP were banking on the poor state of the nation, hence using a gentler approach, APC knew they were hated and becoming unpopular so it was a do or die for them.

Funny how,

1) elections were relatively more peaceful in the north/Buharis strongholds

2)98% of all buharis strongholds, elections were very successful

3) states with high level of boko haram activities, were very peaceful and huge turn out of voters( so they say).

The extent APC has gone to retain power is scary....they took the gloves off and played dirty.

Who wanted it more WON, regardless of how..that's the truth.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by misano(m): 6:46pm On Feb 26, 2019
Amarabae:

The N power was a master stroke by PMB, beneficiaries and their relatives stood by Buhari in the SE/SS

Npower has nothing to do with it.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by Corrosiveman(m): 6:47pm On Feb 26, 2019
HABA!......AS LONG AS THE NORTH HAVE THE NUMBERS,NOBODY IN NIGERIA CAN UNSEAT BUHARI .......NOBODY ALIVE HERE IN NIGERIA ENJOYS SUCH CULT FOLLOWERSHIP WHICH BUHARI HAS NOT EVEN ATIKU
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by NkayStory(f): 6:47pm On Feb 26, 2019
Chipink:

I saw his post and saw 165 likes I SMH.
Nigerians are too gullible.
Atiku lost the election because it was clearly rigged..simple!!

Massive rigging unequaled anywhere in the World!

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by Blue3k(m): 6:47pm On Feb 26, 2019
deji17:

Wonders shall never end sha o. Many of us are actually waiting for when the Biafra thing will be activated again..

Lol IPOB aren't very smart or tactical bunch. Its been proven over the years. They will restart their biafra or death chants and running streets with flags. When they were advised to start political party they said no. Then decided to boycott election untill they realized that's retarded. Then they side with PDP who have no plans of actualizing goal. After the elections Buhari is going after them like usual.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by Mirriamvic(f): 6:48pm On Feb 26, 2019
Life is a game
Politics the biggest game shaa
Atiku will now confirm that his people don't love him enough the same way Ojukwu was not love enough by his people
Ojukwu tried more than three times his own people did not vote for him, he rested
I will still Atikulate any time any day
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by Chipink(f): 6:49pm On Feb 26, 2019
NkayStory:

Massive rigging unequaled anywhere in the World!

His(atiku) only mistake was trusting them expecting free and fair election.
With desperate APC? undecided

1 Like

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by eLcastro(m): 6:49pm On Feb 26, 2019
Amarabae:
I don't think that it was restructuring.
Atiku was not vocal about that
i think that played a role too plus he's more western in approach to things than an average northern is...e.g,he married from the east..picked an eastern as vp...spends more time in the city even when he's in the state...isn't a religion fanatic....all these played a role down north.i have always known no northern can defeat buhari in the north but i think kwankwaso would've done better there than even tambuwal with his caliphate blood line as tambuwal and atiku have become so refined for the northern ideology.but would any of them be able to do so well as atiku did in the south(see,ss,sw) i doubt...also atiku have more international connect than them....it was a lost game from start tho....looking to tambuwal/wike ticket 2023
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by deji17: 6:51pm On Feb 26, 2019
Blue3k:

Lol IPOB aren't very smart or tactical bunch. Its been proven over the years. They will restart their biafra or death chants and running streets with flags. When they were advised to start political party they said no. Then decided to boycott election untill they realized that's retarded. Then they side with PDP who have no plans of actualizing goal. After the elections Buhari is going after them like usual.

grin grin grin grin You think Buhari have their time? He will deal with the criminals among them and the criminals in Nigeria generally, then give them Second Nigeria bridge.. You know the good book describes it as heap burning coals of shame on their heads.

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by SexynSerious(f): 6:53pm On Feb 26, 2019
bae, the odds were stacked against him from the beginning. do you know why it's extremely difficult for an incumbent to lose an election in Africa?
the ruling party was in control of everything including the electoral body and the security personnel. the only time an incumbent loses in a country like Nigeria is when/if you have a weak president like Goodluck Jonathan.

Amarabae:
I don't think that it was restructuring.
Atiku was not vocal about that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Destiny Etiko Meets With Governor Yahaya Bello In Kogi (Photo) / Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.