Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,772 members, 7,827,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? (29623 Views)

My Girlfriend Cannot Cook..see The Shit She Prepared / Can You Date Your Boss Or Colleague?: Nigerians React / Can You Date A Guy Who Doesn't Have Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 28, 2019
Andrez123:
I'm not attracted to a woman because of her cooking, .
no u dont necessarily need to be attracted to a lady cos she cooks but then a lady who has no knowledge in cooking how will such a lady be able to look after the kids wen u both marrycheesy. Abi na indomie and sharwama una go dey take feed una children?
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Babyforever(f): 12:42pm On Feb 28, 2019
lefulefu:
bianca bianca d type of husband dat will fit u very well is a very submissive meek mancheesy. The type of man dat will be cooking ur meals while u in d sitting streatching ur legs or gossiping with ur friends about d latest hair trends in town cheesy and also going market runs for ucheesy. Na dat type of man go fit u.
chimooooo lefu you don finish me cheesy
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 28, 2019
Mariangeles:
A thousand likes to this jare !

No mind the guys wey dey make excuses for their bad decisions .
some ladies dat dont know how to cook and refuses to learn will hire underage girls to do the cooking . The husband go codedly get a sidechic wey dey give am better food but d children na d porty wey d underage dey prepare dem go dey eat.no fish no vegetables. Go to homes dat claim they have professional cooks and u will see its one underage dat is d so called professional cookcheesy.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 28, 2019
Babyforever:
grin
Babyforever:
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 28, 2019
asuustrike1:
Why should a lady don't know how to cook in the first? What has she be doing all this while?
Someone said that if a girl is from a rich home it means that she doesn't near the kitchen to cook that is not true. There are many rich kids especially girls that know how to cook it all boils down to the family. Every girl child should know how to cook because of the following reasons
1. Savings: It might cost you more when buy food from restaurant than when you prepare meals. This doesn't stop you from eating in eateries once in a while but continuous visit takes more money.
2. There is strong bond between you,your husband and children. If you are a good cook it leaves memories in the heart of your children and husband
3. Cooking is fun.
However guys or married men who dump their girlfriends or wives because of food are not wise. What they should watch out for in their relationships is whether their girlfriends or wives are submissive and respectful. A lady may be the best cook but may lack respect and submission. Cooking can be learn hence you teach your woman if she is willing to learn. For ladies that see cooking as stress hence relying on fast food should note that not all men are patient enough in respect to stomach clinic. Same way many ladies can't deal with impotent men is same way many men wouldn't tolerate bad cook. Don't tell me it is a different ball game because many marriages are breaking as a result of little misunderstanding. A man divorced his wife because of television remote. Another was because of toothpaste.
omosede igbenedion the pdp lady that just lost her constituency vote it was rumoured wen she was married to her ex husband she would go to fast food joints to buy food for the man cos she did not have any knowledge of cooking. The man got fed up with eating junk and d marriage just collapse.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Andrez123(m): 1:23pm On Feb 28, 2019
lefulefu:
no u dont necessarily need to be attracted to a lady cos she cooks but then a lady who has no knowledge in cooking how will such a lady be able to look after the kids wen u both marrycheesy. Abi na indomie and sharwama una go dey take feed una children?
if she has a good character, she will learn and become better in cooking after some time. Cooking is not rocket science, it's actually an easy skill to acquire compared to honesty and kindness which is becoming a rarity these days
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by OgaBuhari: 1:35pm On Feb 28, 2019
MannieA:

I love beans.
Beans ain't hard to Cook at all.
Even if you don't like a particular food you should still know how to cook it tho.
Guys love eating beans in school sha!!For uniben Hall 3 boys and beans na 5&6
how did u know? You're in uniben?
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 28, 2019
iamSinclair:

Wat is funny
Can't I smile again?
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 28, 2019
Andrez123:
if she has a good character, she will learn and become bet
dat is if she is humble enuf to learncheesy. A lady dat loves u and cant cook will learn just too make u happy but if ur girl tells u to ur face dat she cant enter into d kitchen cos she sees it as slavery then bros she no love u and such cant have good character. There are foreign ladies who are married to nigerian men and they go as far as learning a nigerian delicacy just to make dhier man happy. Na love and humility be dat.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by triplechoice(m): 1:54pm On Feb 28, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
How many of you lads can actually be patient enough to be with a lady who cannot cook but willing to learn? People are so quick to break relationships these days over little things.
For example when my dad(God bless his soul) met my mom, she didn't even know how to make ordinary pap but he didn't judge her or push her away, instead he taught her everything he knows.
If someone you actually like is lagging in an area, you complement them. Too bad most relationships now are based on selfish interests with very weak bond.

So before you leave that lady because she can't cook, Think twice.

I broke up with a lady in the past because of not only her cooking skills but her other attitude too

At the initial stage of the relationship she was willing to learn because she wanted to do well. Sometimes I have to insist on cooking a particular meal myself when I know she would not be able to do it well. She agrees sometimes at other times she doesn't. She says if visitors or neighbors gets to know I cook instead of her, then it would lead to embarrassment because everyone would know she is not a good cook. So I allow her and just force myself to eat it.

My patience ran out when I observed that whenever she was agitated, especially if I was the cause of the agitation, she relapsed to preparing something very awful. If I dare complain at this time all hell will let loose. I remembered eating stew and rice with the stew almost tasting like unripe grape juice. I started to think and concluded that if I get married to her I may experience worse. I know of a friend who is suffering this and when he complains the reply he usually gett is___you know she cannot cook why did you marry her?. I was not willing to be told this so I gradually ended the relationship

So for me I am willing to be patient only if she will not let her emotions get in the way of her cooking. She should not use it to spite me at anytime. I want to marry her because I love her and not just to cook for me. I think cooking is a necessary skill everyone woman should strive to acquire not only as a aid to personal growth but also as a means to express love. As they say, the fastest means to a man's heart is through the stomach

1 Like

Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 28, 2019
triplechoice:

I broke up with a lady in the past because of not only her cooking skills but her other attitude too

At the initial stage of the relationship she was willing to learn because she wanted to do well. Sometimes I have to insist on cooking a particular meal myself when I know she would not be able to do it well. She agrees sometimes at other times she doesn't. She says if visitors or neighbors gets to know I cook instead of her, then it would lead to embarrassment because everyone would know she is not a good cook. So I allow her and just force myself to eat it.

My patience ran out when I observed that whenever she was agitated, especially if I was the cause of the agitation, she relapsed to preparing something very awful. If I dare complain at this time all hell will let loose. I remembered eating stew and rice with the stew almost tasting like unripe grape juice. I started to think and concluded that if I get married to her I may experience worse. I know of a friend who is suffering this and when he complains the reply he usually gett is___you know she cannot cook why did you marry her?. I was not willing to be told this so I gradually ended the relationship

So for me I am willing to be patient only if she will not let her emotions get in the way of her cooking. She should not use it to spite me at anytime. I want to marry her because I love her and not just to cook for me. However I think cooking is a necessary skill everyone woman should strive to acquire not only as a aid to personal growth but also as a means to express love. As they say, the fastest means to a man's heart is through the stomach

Were you guys living together for her to be bothered about neighbors? Great submission. Cooking shouldn't be difficult.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 28, 2019
lefulefu:
dat is if she is humble enuf to learncheesy. A lady dat loves u and cant cook will learn just too make u happy but if ur girl tells u to ur face dat she cant enter into d kitchen cos she sees it as slavery then bros she no love u and such cant have good character. There are foreign ladies who are married to nigerian men and they go as far as learning a nigerian delicacy just to make dhier man happy. Na love and humility be dat.
Lefu can u prepare banga stew?
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 28, 2019
Andrez123:
if she has a good character, she will learn and become better in cooking after some time. Cooking is not rocket science, it's actually an easy skill to acquire compared to honesty and kindness which is becoming a rarity these days
It isn't rocket science but you need to master the art of salting, timing and all.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 28, 2019
Andrez123:
It isn't rocket science but you need to master the art of salting, timing and all. Kindness is even better sef, very scarce to see an honest human being... Me inclusive sef
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Mariangeles(f): 2:02pm On Feb 28, 2019
lefulefu:
some ladies dat dont know how to cook and refuses to learn will hire underage girls to do the cooking . The husband go codedly get a sidechic wey dey give am better food but d children na d porty wey d underage dey prepare dem go dey eat.no fish no vegetables. Go to homes dat claim they have professional cooks and u will see its one underage dat is d so called professional cookcheesy.
You know the reality grin
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by triplechoice(m): 2:05pm On Feb 28, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Were you guys living together for her to be bothered about neighbors? Great submission. Cooking shouldn't be difficult.

Yes.but not all the time
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 28, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Lefu can u prepare banga stew?
banga soup u mean? I sabi do am. I dey prepare am together with bitter leafcheesy. E dey make sense. Okro soup or ogbonor nko? Dose ones overeasy. I am always surprised wen some young ladies go dey complain say cooking na hard chorus for dem? Na wetin hard in it? After u now have machines u use in d kitchencheesy. Some babes lazy die shacheesy.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 28, 2019
If she can't and/or not willing to learn how to prepare banga soup and starch...she isn't worth dating
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 28, 2019
Mariangeles:
You know the reality grin
i sabi d code nacheesy.my neighbour upstairs she no sabi cook. Na one 12 yr old boy dey cook for dem. Sometimes wen their gas finish in d evening and i dey around dem go beg me make i open door for d 12 yr old house help to cook d remainin food. Omo if u see the porty wey d small boy dey cook for dem. Tin tomatoes with no fish,no onions no crayfish ..nothing. The small boy go jus fry d tin tomatoes den do the half done rice and food don docheesy. Na dat porty d family go eat but then most times na indomie dem dey prepare. Her husband is a nice quiet guy sha.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Mariangeles(f): 2:16pm On Feb 28, 2019
lefulefu:
I swear you too get sense grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Mariangeles(f): 2:17pm On Feb 28, 2019
lefulefu:
i sabi d code nacheesy.my neighbour upstairs she no sabi cook. Na one 12 yr old boy dey cook for dem. Sometimes wen their gas finish in d evening and i dey around dem go beg me make i open door for d 12 yr old house help to cook d remainin food. Omo if u see the porty wey d small boy dey cook for dem. Tin tomatoes with no fish,no onions no crayfish ..nothing. The small boy go jus fry d tin tomatoes den do the half done rice and food don docheesy. Na dat porty d family go eat but then most times na indomie dem dey prepare. Her husband is a nice quiet guy sha.
cry cry cry
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 28, 2019
sukhothai:
for shameless senseless useless mannerless hopeless aimless remorseless valueless bitches like ...... and saffi

they go soon use una for money rituals no worry
bro take it easycheesy
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2019
lefulefu:
banga soup u mean? I sabi do am. I dey prepare am together with bitter leafcheesy. E dey make sense. Okro soup or ogbonor nko? Dose ones overeasy. I am always surprised wen some young ladies go dey complain say cooking na hard chorus for dem? Na wetin hard in it? After u now have machines u use in d kitchencheesy. Some babes lazy die shacheesy.
Okro simple na. What of white soup?
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 28, 2019
lefulefu:
bro take it easycheesy
He's just bitter
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 28, 2019
triplechoice:

Yes.but not all the time
Okay.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 28, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Okro simple na. What of white soup?
u sabi do okro?cheesy.. Ehn na wich one be white soup?
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 28, 2019
Oyindidi:
Lol, my brother I start cooking from 9 years old.
now u talkingcheesy, i know say u go sabi cook wellacheesy
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 28, 2019
finalboss:
yawns, mine was 3 years old. oniro
3yrs old kwa?cheesy. U must be a legend in the kitchencheesy
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 28, 2019
triplechoice:

So for me I am willing to be patient only if she will not let her emotions get in the way of her cooking. She should not use it to spite me at anytime. I want to marry her because I love her and not just to cook for me. I think cooking is a necessary skill everyone woman should strive to acquire not only as a aid to personal growth but also as a means to express love. As they say, the fastest means to a man's heart is through the stomach

she was just ur girlfriend and she was already bothered dat the neigbours would know she cant cook?cheesy. So wat can u say about wives who dont even bother entering and wen its time for dinner they would walk to the balcony and yell at their husband to come prepare dinner as he's downstairs discussing with friends. Dat would even be more embarrasing for d husbandcheesy.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Andrez123(m): 2:54pm On Feb 28, 2019
lefulefu:
You are still going round in circles and talking about a different version of a woman that I'm not referring to. Why would a woman see entering kitchen as a slavery? Unless she's either lazy, has a very busy schedule or playing emotional games for whatever reason.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 28, 2019
Andrez123:
You are still going round in circles and talking about a different version of a woman that I'm not referring to. Why would a woman see entering kitchen as a slavery? Unless she's either lazy, has a very busy schedule or playing emotional games for whatever reason.
to each its own
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Andrez123(m): 3:03pm On Feb 28, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
It isn't rocket science but you need to master the art of salting, timing and all. Kindness is even better sef, very scarce to see an honest human being... Me inclusive sef
There might be very good reasons why a lady isn't a good cook, I believe she will improve with time but if in the end she's still not an excellent cook, I will always look past that if the other qualities that I'm interested in are in place. When I really love a woman that's not even a problem, I don't consider it as a flaw.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Twitter User Says This Is Why Ladies Discuss Money Before Love / Valentine's Day Dilemma: I Met Her 3 Days To Val / Miss Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.