Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,178 members, 7,811,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? (29481 Views)

My Girlfriend Cannot Cook..see The Shit She Prepared / Can You Date Your Boss Or Colleague?: Nigerians React / Can You Date A Guy Who Doesn't Have Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 27, 2019
sukhothai:
are you physically and mentally OK?
Indeed I am. Seems she broke ur heart recently, it's still fresh. Calm down and be positive.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Born2smile: 10:01pm On Feb 27, 2019
For me,
Cooking takes 20% in the appraisal for a wife.

Some ladies did not get that vital training while they were growing up and to be honest, it is not easy to cultivate the habit of cooking.

I think a lady who desires to get married but doesn't know how to cook should put effort to learn especially before marriage. How will she adequately take care of her family without this vital skill?

Things are even easier nowadays because you could actually only do your cooking on weekends and stockpile the freezer.
During the week could just be some quick stuff here and there.

So yes, I can date and even marry a girl who is not an expert in cooking but I cannot marry her if she doesn't know how to cook at least an acceptable meal. grin
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 27, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Nice one. What's danwake? I love cats and play video games. Most Nigerians hate cats sha

This , if she can make this, I will be willing to be patient & even personally teach her how to cook other foods

Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by mechanics(m): 10:04pm On Feb 27, 2019
I understand your gist, that's if she's eager to learn o
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Babyforever(f): 10:04pm On Feb 27, 2019
lefulefu:
grin op jus made me remember my guy's girlfriend wey no sabi cookcheesy. Dat beans wey she prepare for us wen we visitcheesy.. Chai! I wan die. See as red oil full d beans and beans no even don sefcheesy. Wat of d whole bag of salt wey she pack full d beanscheesy. Na wa for some babes oocheesy. I dont think i can be with a girl wey no sabi cookcheesy.
so you can't be with me lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Ihatelove(f): 10:14pm On Feb 27, 2019
LightQueen:
Lol.. seriously?
Yes oooo, that's a criteria. I can't be the only one cooking, at least I must chop my man's food

1 Like

Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by ImaIma1(f): 10:18pm On Feb 27, 2019
henry49:
Great talkers are less doers!

I see
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by ImaIma1(f): 10:20pm On Feb 27, 2019
MRsoftapple:
Cooking is no longer a big deal.
There are YouTube videos and small books that teaches everyone how to cook different delicacies.

If she is willing to learn or not, it does not matter, there are women that knows how to cook but still employs chefs because of work and busy schedule.

Beyonce is worth almost half a billion dollar and she dont know how to cook, she is succesfully married with kids for more than a decade now.

Those female celebs that can win tournaments in cooking, some of them are divorced now, some are mere baby mamas.

Seriously. No food is a mystery these days no matter the tribe. We just need to visit YouTube and viola!!
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 27, 2019
Ihatelove:

Yes oooo, that's a criteria. I can't be the only one cooking, at least I must chop my man's food
cheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by vicben27(m): 10:24pm On Feb 27, 2019
Saffi:
What were you doing when your mates were investing cash to make profit? A way to a woman’s heart is cash, most of you barely have it yet we manage you and compromise for the sake of love. Before a lady pronounces the ‘b’ in broke, 5 guys will haunt her down with abusive words but now you can’t compromise with cooking skills. Well I’ve seen it all on Nairaland and I’m fed up of this site honestly.
why are you soo pained sweedy? l guess you are one of them.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 27, 2019
Why should a lady don't know how to cook in the first? What has she be doing all this while?
Someone said that if a girl is from a rich home it means that she doesn't near the kitchen to cook that is not true. There are many rich kids especially girls that know how to cook it all boils down to the family. Every girl child should know how to cook because of the following reasons
1. Savings: It might cost you more when buy food from restaurant than when you prepare meals. This doesn't stop you from eating in eateries once in a while but continuous visit takes more money.
2. There is strong bond between you,your husband and children. If you are a good cook it leaves memories in the heart of your children and husband
3. Cooking is fun.
However guys or married men who dump their girlfriends or wives because of food are not wise. What they should watch out for in their relationships is whether their girlfriends or wives are submissive and respectful. A lady may be the best cook but may lack respect and submission. Cooking can be learn hence you teach your woman if she is willing to learn. For ladies that see cooking as stress hence relying on fast food should note that not all men are patient enough in respect to stomach clinic. Same way many ladies can't deal with impotent men is same way many men wouldn't tolerate bad cook. Don't tell me it is a different ball game because many marriages are breaking as a result of little misunderstanding. A man divorced his wife because of television remote. Another was because of toothpaste.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Damzy007: 10:46pm On Feb 27, 2019
grin see how girls full dis thread shocked
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by temitope23(m): 10:46pm On Feb 27, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
How many of you lads can actually be patient enough to be with a lady who cannot cook but willing to learn? People are so quick to break relationships these days over little things.
For example, when my dad(God bless his soul) met my mom, she didn't even know how to make ordinary pap but he didn't judge her or push her away, instead, he taught her everything he knows.
If someone you actually like is lagging in an area, you compliment them. Too bad most relationships now are based on selfish interests with a very weak bond.

So before you leave that lady because she can't cook, Think twice.
Sure I can, the relationship is meant to be a means of complementing each others weakness what's there.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Sleekfingers: 10:48pm On Feb 27, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
How many of you lads can actually be patient enough to be with a lady who cannot cook but willing to learn? People are so quick to break relationships these days over little things.
For example when my dad(God bless his soul) met my mom, she didn't even know how to make ordinary pap but he didn't judge her or push her away, instead he taught her everything he knows.
If someone you actually like is lagging in an area, you complement them. Too bad most relationships now are based on selfish interests with very weak bond.

So before you leave that lady because she can't cook, Think twice.

It doesn't matter......I will teach her if she is willing to learn .......

My ex doesn't know how to cook very well....but I taught her.....we always go to the market together.... She assist ...and I do the cooking.... It was quite interesting...... But she is married now....I believe her husband will enjoy her food
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 27, 2019
HerCuteness:
you were right about buhari sha
Sekxy you know i speak nothing but the truth.

1 Like

Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Tamarapetty(f): 10:58pm On Feb 27, 2019
See how some guys are deceiving themselves! So when u get back from work(stressful day) and u meet nothing in the kitchen, u'd be happy and satisfied??

Or it's everyday u'll be spending money on fast food??(just goan start making money oh)

how can a girl that's willing to learn still not know how to cook?? Ok.

1 Like

Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by tfash96(m): 10:59pm On Feb 27, 2019
Sleekfingers:

My ex doesn't know how to cook very well....but I taught her.....we always go to the market together.... She assist ...and I do the cooking.... It was quite interesting...... But she is married now....I believe her husband will enjoy her food
sorry 4 d loss..That her husband is enjoying her now 24/7
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Deicide: 11:04pm On Feb 27, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Good one
Lazy youth
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 27, 2019
Sleekfingers:

Her husband b enjoying your hardwork. U really tried.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Deicide: 11:07pm On Feb 27, 2019
If woman no sabi pound Yam i no day marry am angry and i don't do yam flour.

Infact to score extra point.
Vegetable soup = A1
Egusi Soup = A1

You must know how to cook those soup very well before I'll consider you.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 27, 2019
Deicide:
Lazy youth
How? undecided
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 27, 2019
Deicide:
If woman no sabi pound Yam i no day marry am angry and i don't do yam flour.
Pound yam? You wanna spoil French expensive tiles for me? Bush man grin
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Beedude(m): 11:09pm On Feb 27, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
So u can't teach her or pay for catering school?
U are kidding me right ?
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by UrbanExotica(f): 11:09pm On Feb 27, 2019
DeckXavier:
so even if he's right, just because Beyonce can't cook and it's acceptable by her husband, means all men should see cooking as a trifle matter? Erroneous logic.
And where did i state that? niqqa swerve

2 Likes

Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Feb 27, 2019
mechanics:
I understand your gist, that's if she's eager to learn o
Good one.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Deicide: 11:11pm On Feb 27, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Pound yam? You wanna spoil French expensive tiles for me? Bush man grin
Are you pounding on the tiles or mortar?
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 27, 2019
Beedude:

U are kidding me right ?
Why should I kid you? undecided
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Feb 27, 2019
Deicide:
Are you pounding on the tiles or mortar?
So u suspend ur mortar in mid-air while pounding ni? undecided
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Deicide: 11:19pm On Feb 27, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
So u suspend ur mortar in mid-air while pounding ni? undecided
which kind of tiles do you guys have in your house undecided
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Deicide: 11:20pm On Feb 27, 2019
If she no fit learn how to cook from her mama na you she go con learn from abi? Mtchewww angry
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Feb 27, 2019
I believe that as far as you are human (male or female), you must know how to cook something. Not necessarily an expert.

All these cooking, bla, bla, bla marital criteria bla bla means much to a certain class of people with a certain mentality.

I don't belong to that class.

1 Like

Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Feb 27, 2019
Deicide:
which kind of tiles do you guys have in your house undecided
Issa OK. Besides pounding of yam is a masculine job. I'll boil d yam and then help pour them in the mortar so he can put his muscles to use grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Man Blows Trumpet For His Fiancee As She Dances In Pre-wedding Photos / SideChick Claims Girlfriend is her Girlfriend-in-law (Hilarious Photo) / She Always Felt Guilty After Romance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.