Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,209 members, 7,815,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? (29518 Views)

My Girlfriend Cannot Cook..see The Shit She Prepared / Can You Date Your Boss Or Colleague?: Nigerians React / Can You Date A Guy Who Doesn't Have Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Stanley126: 8:22pm On Feb 27, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
How many of you lads can actually be patient enough to be with a lady who cannot cook but willing to learn? People are so quick to break relationships these days over little things.
For example when my dad(God bless his soul) met my mom, she didn't even know how to make ordinary pap but he didn't judge her or push her away, instead he taught her everything he knows.
If someone you actually like is lagging in an area, you complement them. Too bad most relationships now are based on selfish interests with very weak bond.

So before you leave that lady because she can't cook, Think twice.

Haunty go and learn how to cook,stop looking for consolations...
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 27, 2019
Cromagnon:
gmwtmamw women will find big men to marry?
How? Find like how? Many are destined to marry big men. U can't fault them.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Palmerbarry: 8:23pm On Feb 27, 2019
I can marry a lady who cannot cook, only if she's ready to learn. Not that i can't do the cooking but it may cause problem later in future.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Mariangeles(f): 8:23pm On Feb 27, 2019
lefulefu:
na wao.. Jayzee jus fall her hand
grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by fantasiafairy: 8:24pm On Feb 27, 2019
NNAMDIII:
I can't marry a woman that can't cook, as if no be only sex and food they have to offer

Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 27, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Lol. Wetin him go school go do? Who will teach the kids when I'm not around? cheesy He'll have to go to night classes o
chief bob izua who is a PDP cheiftain in benin and a stark illiterate is married to graduatescheesy. His second wife is a medical doctor and his third wife is a lawyer. He has several wives and concubines and they are educated.dont know abt his first wife thoughcheesy.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 27, 2019
Stanley126:
Uncle Nairaland was bleepingly boring and I decided to open a thread that has to do with our social reality ni.

Have you seen an Anambra babe that cannot cook? Chim

Haunty go and learn how to cook,stop looking for consolations...
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Toks2008(m): 8:25pm On Feb 27, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
How many of you lads can actually be patient enough to be with a lady who cannot cook but willing to learn? People are so quick to break relationships these days over little things.
For example when my dad(God bless his soul) met my mom, she didn't even know how to make ordinary pap but he didn't judge her or push her away, instead he taught her everything he knows.
If someone you actually like is lagging in an area, you complement them. Too bad most relationships now are based on selfish interests with very weak bond.

So before you leave that lady because she can't cook, Think twice.

Lol! This is a perfect naija based question.

In the western world they will laugh at you.

Anyways I use to have this mindset but not anymore...

I can marry a lady who can't even boil egg.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by izzou(m): 8:27pm On Feb 27, 2019
AntiBrutus:

I am actually a good cook, but then, I haven't been with a guy who is overly interested in my cooking skills.

Lol..

I actually am not a fan of Good cooks and all that stuff. Not a foodie too
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Mariangeles(f): 8:27pm On Feb 27, 2019
AntiBrutus:

You asked what she was doing in her growing years. Meaning you assume(d) she should have been learning/watching her mum cook.
Meaning you assume(d) she should have learned better. Meaning you agree that good cooking skill could be/is hereditary.

Like I said to another poster, cooking is a skill, just like driving. Some people are good at it, others will always always make a mess of it.
Cooking is more of a necessity than it is a skill.
Cooking and driving don't compare .
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 27, 2019
Toks2008:

Meaning you will do the cooking ba?
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 27, 2019
Toks2008:

So you guys will other food everyday?

The west also had a time when women were taught how to cook and please their men only. Infact they couldn't even met a man without a chaperone. So calm down.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 27, 2019
Yeah. And she can learn how to cook
Mariangeles:
Whether you admit it or not, FOOD is a very vital part of a marriage!
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Olumidehenryojo(m): 8:32pm On Feb 27, 2019
Lolz! Let assume dat u cn't cook as a guy nd u go ahead 2 marry tinking dat d damsel cn cook bt un fortunate 4 u she cn't cook either... Omo na 4 d parent 2 returned half of her bride price moni so dat i cn send her 2 catery skul[color=#770077]

1 Like

Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 27, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Sir u would have bitten of you ur fingers if u had tasted that soup. It's in the blood Sha.
don't pass me off for a glutton, lol... And sorry I don't eat meals prepared by strangers nor my girlfriend, just my mom or sisters!
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by adosjun(m): 8:32pm On Feb 27, 2019
WIFE- Wash, interact, Fu^k Etc
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Toks2008(m): 8:33pm On Feb 27, 2019
Tundexxy:

Meaning you will do the cooking ba?

In fact I cook so well now that even a lady who clàims to be a good cook will have to prove it to me.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Mariangeles(f): 8:33pm On Feb 27, 2019
Toks2008:

Our people keep comparing themselves to the western world.
They have their ways and we have our beautiful culture... and our culture is our identity.
We lose culture, we've lost ourselves.

The day we stop measuring ourselves using them as a standard, is the day we gain total EMANCIPATION!

2 Likes

Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 27, 2019
Mariangeles:
Cooking is more of a necessity than it is a skill.
Cooking and driving don't compare .

Alright Ma'am.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Toks2008(m): 8:38pm On Feb 27, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
So you guys will other food everyday?

The west also had a time when women were taught how to cook and please their men only. Infact they couldn't even met a man without a chaperone. So calm down.

Sis take it or leave it...only a myopic guy will say he can't marry a lady who can't cook in the western world.

Everybody is busy and you don't expect one house help to come home and start cooking for you not when you are even involved in interracial marriage.

It is only a plus if the lady loves cooking but you can't force it.

And you don't need to order food. You can cook a month's meal in one day and store in the freezer to eat whenever you want.

1 Like

Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 27, 2019
What were you doing when your mates were investing cash to make profit? A way to a woman’s heart is cash, most of you barely have it yet we manage you and compromise for the sake of love. Before a lady pronounces the ‘b’ in broke, 5 guys will haunt her down with abusive words but now you can’t compromise with cooking skills. Well I’ve seen it all on Nairaland and I’m fed up of this site honestly.
vicben27:
the question is, what was she doing when her mates were learning how to cook? a well brought up girl wouldn't be lacking in that area. it's a Big" NO " for me! she should go and learn how to cook, there are catering schools every where. it's not all about having a vagina between your legs, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by dingbang(m): 8:39pm On Feb 27, 2019
No, I can't. Let me tell the truth.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Toks2008(m): 8:41pm On Feb 27, 2019
Mariangeles:
They have their ways and we have our beautiful culture... and our culture is our identity.

The day we stop measuring ourselves using them as a standard, is the day we gain total EMANCIPATION!

I hear you bro but just leave this your culture for naija if you plan to adapt in the western world.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by peroristic(m): 8:42pm On Feb 27, 2019
99% of lagos girl only knows how to cook indomie. thats all when there mum was cooking na broda uche room she dey!
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 27, 2019
Mariangeles:

my brother loud it abeg, western culture my arse.. Africans need to eschew and extricate themselves from such mental ramblings!

1 Like

Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by sukhothai: 8:43pm On Feb 27, 2019
Saffi:
What were you doing when your mates were investing cash to make profit? A way to a woman’s heart is cash, most of you barely have it yet we manage you and compromise for the sake of love. Before a lady pronounces the ‘b’ in broke, 5 guys will haunt her down with abusive words but now you can’t compromise with cooking skills. Well I’ve seen it all on Nairaland and I’m fed up of this site honestly.
you are back with your senselessness as usual
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 27, 2019
Toks2008:

Sis take it or leave it...only a myopic guy will say he can't marry a lady who can't cook in the western world.

Everybody is busy and you don't expect one house help to come home and start cooking for you not when you are even involved in interracial marriage.

It is only a plus if the lady loves cooking but you can't force it.
Nice one.
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by nattyGENT: 8:48pm On Feb 27, 2019
Then what's the woman in her, abi in P&B?
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Toks2008(m): 8:49pm On Feb 27, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Nice one.

Maybe I should organize an online cooking class for some guys so that they can learn how to cook on their own.

Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 27, 2019
peroristic:
99% of lagos girl only knows how to cook indomie. thats all when there mum was cooking na broda uche room she dey!

You better be specific with your word or you die...

Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by sacramento1212: 8:50pm On Feb 27, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Good one but u can't make him view reality from your own window. You are very correct though, why lose a good woman over poor culinary skills

It was my own opinion which i believe he understands this. He also stated that if she must learn, it will be in her father's house which I also respect his own point.

I love good food but i won't lose a fantastic woman because she's not a fantastic cook. No one was born a fantastic cook, practise makes perfect so she'll learn and be good in it.

It's just like saying one cannot marry a good woman because she doesn't have skills in the bedroom, it doesn't make any sense to me. Those that have the skills, were they born with it?
Re: Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? by fotadmowmend(m): 8:50pm On Feb 27, 2019
Olorun májẹ....

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life / The type of woman that truly Deserves A Faithful husband? / My Experience At (ashawo Joint)igbague, Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.