Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here - Religion (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (199036 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / Top Ten Nigeria Pastors Who Did Not Talk To Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (296) (Go Down)

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
Pastor Kun:

@Grammerpolice

You missed the bolded tongue

It is Grammar not "Grammer"...remove the amala in ya eyes...
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Purist(m): 8:12pm On Sep 02, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Have you ever read this: Religion: Share your faith and belief in God or higher powers here.

His question... "WHY ARE MODS INTOLERANT TOWARDS NON CHRISTIANS AND ATHEIST"

Just so you'll know, there are hundreds of millions of non-Christians that do believe in higher powers or God(s). Christianity and Islam aren't the only religions, you know? Pagans and satanists have just as much right in this section as Christians or any other religious group for that matter.

In the same vein, atheists DO discuss religion and religious matters. Or isn't that what this section is about? Yes, the tagline of the Religion board states, "Share your faith and belief in God or higher powers here", but your insinuation would only make sense if it stated more specifically that, "Share ONLY your faith and belief in God or higher powers here."

So that brings us back to his question: WHY ARE MODS INTOLERANT TOWARDS NON CHRISTIANS AND ATHEIST, ISNT THIS SUPPOSED TO BE THE RELIGION THREAD [CHRISTIAN, PAGAN, ATHEISM, ETC EXCEPT ISLAM]..... SO WHY ARE THEY HATING??

2 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 02, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Science

Higher powers?

Seriously? Wow, ok cool.
if it aint for science you would probably be tying wrapper, fetching water from the stream with a clay pot to a mud house..... SCIENCE IS THE DRIVING FORCE OF HUMANITY, BECAUSE IF SCIENTIST DIDNT EXIST AND WE WAITED FOR A NON EXISTENT gOD TO PERFORM WONDERS, WE WOULD PROBABLY BE STUCK IN THE STONE AGE, THIS IS WHAT MY FELLOW ATHEIST HAVE COME TO REALIZE....... HUMANITY WITHOUT SCIENCE IS DEAD.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:32pm On Sep 02, 2013
satanist: if it aint for science you would probably be tying wrapper, fetching water from the stream with a clay pot to a mud house..... SCIENCE IS THE DRIVING FORCE OF HUMANITY, BECAUSE IF SCIENTIST DIDNT EXIST AND WE WAITED FOR A NON EXISTENT gOD TO PERFORM WONDERS, WE WOULD PROBABLY BE STUCK IN THE STONE AGE, THIS IS WHAT MY FELLOW ATHEIST HAVE COME TO REALIZE....... HUMANITY WITHOUT SCIENCE IS DEAD.
So you say.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 8:36pm On Sep 02, 2013
This demonic fellow, satanist is making my skin crawl. Reading his signature alone leaves me feeling dirty; like I have beheld iniquity with my own eyes (which I have, come to think of it sad )
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by UjSizzle(f): 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Have you ever read this: Religion: Share your faith and belief in God or higher powers here.
The term 'higher power' is subject to interpretation. What constitute a Higher Power for one man may be different for another. If a satanists say the Devil is his higher power, then his beliefs should be respected. If an atheist claims Science is his higher power, then so be it. The forum rule allows for everyone of us to co-exist with our various beliefs--it's what spices up this section. We are all allowed to educate one one another, and have meaningful debates as to why one's belief is less superior than the other, but to deliberately start a thread to 'insult' another's belief (simply cos they are the minority or whatever) is wrong. It goes against everything rule 2 stands for.
I understand why Christians will want to tramp on the Devil and all his minions in the most offensive way ever tongue but it's Seun's house dear and ypu're expected to keep his peace...or at least try to even tho you've been made mod over lions and snakes undecided

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Tgirl4real(f): 9:03pm On Sep 02, 2013
You guys are crazy in here, I tell you. sad

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
uj_sizzle:
The term 'higher power' is subject to interpretation. What constitute a Higher Power for one man may be different for another. If a satanists say the Devil is his higher power, then his beliefs should be respected. If an atheist claims Science is his higher power, then so be it. The forum rule allows for everyone of us to co-exist with our various beliefs--it's what spices up this section. We are all allowed to educate one one another, and have meaningful debates as to why one's belief is less superior than the other, but to deliberately start a thread to 'insult' another's belief (simply cos they are the minority or whatever) is wrong. It goes against everything rule 2 stands for.
I understand why Christians will want to tramp on the Devil and all his minions in the most offensive way ever tongue but it's Seun's house dear and ypu're expected to keep his peace...or at least try to even tho you've been made mod over lions and snakes undecided

undecided undecided that's why you all kept a long face when the chatbox was turned to the general section you threw stones at me? You say you can tolerate them but it wasn't so long when you made it clear that they weren't allowed in the chatbox
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 02, 2013
uj_sizzle:

Best comment I have seen around here since yesterday.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 02, 2013
Ishilove: This demonic fellow, satanist is making my skin crawl. Reading his signature alone leaves me feeling dirty; like I have beheld iniquity with my own eyes (which I have, come to think of it sad )

You need to develop a thick skin.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by truthislight: 9:27pm On Sep 02, 2013
shocked
Pastor Kun:

@Grammepolice

You missed the bolded tongue

^^^ grin

striktlymi:

It is Grammar not "Grammer" ...remove the amala in ya eyes...

shocked

^^^ grin

Rolling on the ground with laughter ! Lol. grin

The new staff of grammar police! Lol. grin

@ ma friend PKun, how work naw ?

truthislight:

Are you the new staff of that jobless "police" ?

Do the Job well o! cheesy
shocked

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by truthislight: 9:32pm On Sep 02, 2013
satanist: if it aint for science you would probably be tying wrapper, fetching water from the stream with a clay pot to a mud house..... SCIENCE IS THE DRIVING FORCE OF HUMANITY, BECAUSE IF SCIENTIST DIDNT EXIST AND WE WAITED FOR A NON EXISTENT gOD TO PERFORM WONDERS, WE WOULD PROBABLY BE STUCK IN THE STONE AGE, THIS IS WHAT MY FELLOW ATHEIST HAVE COME TO REALIZE....... HUMANITY WITHOUT SCIENCE IS DEAD.

Rule nos 11.

Dont post in all caps.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 9:33pm On Sep 02, 2013
striktlymi:

You need to develop a thick skin.
That's gonna take some time sad
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:36pm On Sep 02, 2013
Ishilove:
That's gonna take some time sad

Apparently not. All these weeks and up to this morning, you have been like grin grin grin LOL, LMAO cheesy etc etc. I thought they were going to make you a mod so I would brand you the laughing mod. But this afternoon and evening you have gone angry sad angry sad.

So it's very easy for a believer to develop another "skin".
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 9:37pm On Sep 02, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: undecided undecided that's why you all kept a long face when the chatbox was turned to the general section you threw stones at me? You say you can tolerate them but it wasn't so long when you made it clear that they weren't allowed in the chatbox
*action music in the background. Camera zooms in on HBGSaint Obi's scowling face* tongue
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:50pm On Sep 02, 2013
Ishilove:
*action music in the background. Camera zooms in on HBGSaint Obi's scowling face* tongue
tongue
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 02, 2013
Alas, my post got hidden because someone called me a demonic fellow and i replied by praising SATAN, humbledbygrace why do you hate non christians?, someone called me a demonic fellow and i gave a poetic reply by praising SATAN, tell me why my post was hidden?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 02, 2013
satanist: Alas, my post got hidden because someone called me a demonic fellow and i replied by praising SATAN, humbledbygrace why do you hate non christians?, someone called me a demonic fellow and i gave a poetic reply by praising SATAN, tell me why my post was hidden?
Bro, my post was hidden too. And like I said in the latter, if lb could calm down you will.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Vansnickers: 10:24pm On Sep 02, 2013
satanist: Alas, my post got hidden because someone called me a demonic fellow and i replied by praising SATAN, humbledbygrace why do you hate non christians?, someone called me a demonic fellow and i gave a poetic reply by praising SATAN, tell me why my post was hidden?

The Power of Satan was flowing through your Post, she could not handle it.

On a serious note, the new MODs seem to have an Agenda to clamp down on non-Christians.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by UjSizzle(f): 10:30pm On Sep 02, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: undecided undecided that's why you all kept a long face when the chatbox was turned to the general section you threw stones at me? You say you can tolerate them but it wasn't so long when you made it clear that they weren't allowed in the chatbox
You were being unreasonable when you changed the name of that thread. Just few months ago you asked MMW to lock that thread even when you knew there were others using it....that was stewpid, but i let it pass cos MMW had sense enough to refuse. And then you wake up one morning and decide a name change outta the blues and expected everyone to just roll with the flow? iLaugh. You should learn to keep your own rules sweety.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 02, 2013
uj_sizzle:
You were being unreasonable when you changed the name of that thread. Just few months ago you asked MMW to lock that thread even when you knew there were others using it....that was stewpid, but i let it pass cos MMW had sense enough to refuse. And then you wake up one morning and decide a name change outta the blues and expected everyone to just roll with the flow? iLaugh. You should learn to keep your own rules sweety.
Huh! Calm down ladies.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by wiegraf: 10:37pm On Sep 02, 2013
Reyginus: Bro, my post was hidden too. And like I said in the latter, if lb could calm down you will.

WHY?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by truthislight: 10:40pm On Sep 02, 2013
uj_sizzle:

Hmmmmmmm! !

If she replies you in like manner now they will call her a bad mod.

Do you want her to fall ?

Do you want her Job ?

Smh for "christian sister" to sister talk in public.

What if she was ask to decongest the sticky and accommodate all person and she started from home (hers) ?

Afteral, "charity they say begins at home".

So, she should have left hers and attacked that of others first ?

Na wao !

3 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:41pm On Sep 02, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Wow, digging out the past aint we? So mature I have to admit, I have heard you dear.

2 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 02, 2013
HumbledbyGrace, you need to learn that christianity is merely an ideology and not a religion, that is why my fellow magus and magistras realized that man is a carnal being and is subject to become puppets to myths and ideologies, atheism represents liberation[from the shackles from the chains of man made religion], it represents enlightenment, knowledge[no wonder the brightest scientist are free thinkers] and many other wonderful things...... not everyone wants to be a slave to religion, ATHEISM IS FREEDOM #ATHEIST #SATANIST
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 02, 2013
wiegraf:

WHY?
Maybe because I mentioned Logicboy grin.
I no get time for their wahala sha
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:58pm On Sep 02, 2013
satanist: ...... not everyone wants to be a slave to religion,

ATHEISM IS FREEDOM
then what are doing here? Its a religion section isn't it?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by MrTroll(m): 11:01pm On Sep 02, 2013
E clear!!!
But anyhow sha...Man must wack!
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by UjSizzle(f): 11:02pm On Sep 02, 2013
truthislight:

Hmmmmmmm! !

If she replies you in like manner now they will call her a bad mod.

Do you want her to fall ?

Do you want her Job ?

Smh for "christian sister" to sister talk in public.

What if she was ask to decongest the sticky and accommodate all person and she started from home (hers) ?

Afteral, "charity they say begins at home".

So, she should have left hers and attacked that of others first ?

Na wao !
Don't be silly. Calling an action unreasonable and in no way means the individual doing them is.
She made a rule on that thread, common courtesy demands that even if a 'higher power' had demanded she decongests the pinned thread that she atleast informs us...one 'hey guys i'm gonna change this thread to a general chatbox thing, it's beyond my control' won't hurt, will it? The one thing i'd never wish for her is downfall..i love her way too much for that, you have no idea and i certainly don't want her job. Being a Christian sister like you put it demands i say the truth always to both friends and foe alike, that's all i've done, and i do know being a mod in this section requires objectivity which i've earlier stated.
So do me a favor and stop 'unknowingly' (i'd assume) sowing a seed of discord. Do not misinterprete my words as insults.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (296)

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.