Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here - Religion (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (197773 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / Top Ten Nigeria Pastors Who Did Not Talk To Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (296) (Go Down)

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2013
Ishilove:
Finally, I have joined the ranks of those accused of being in posession of multiple monikers cheesy cheesy

It is a privilege.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:17pm On Sep 01, 2013
Ajibam: @muskeeto
www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/168#17773951

Up there you said

"I see time hasn't diminished your foolishness"

The guy reported you,I shun it

Later you said to another guy

"Who is this mad person"

So that's why..
Thanks

Hehehe. This is laughable. We were calling each other fools before you came to this section. Infact, your co-mod Obadiah gave me an earful of quotes from the Book of Proverbs about how we heathens are fools.

"Who is this mad person" WTF? I thought muskeeto was making shit up! You actually banned him for asking this inoffensive question?

Christians! christians!! christians!!!

2 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ajibam: 9:23pm On Sep 01, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Hehehe. This is laughable. We were calling each other fools before you came to this section. Infact, your co-mod Obadiah gave me an earful of quotes from the Book of Proverbs about how we heathens are fools.

"Who is this mad person" WTF? I thought muskeeto was making shit up! You actually banned him for asking this inoffensive question?

Christians! christians!! christians!!!

Okay
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 01, 2013
Ajibam:

Okay

6 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by tobechi20(m): 11:35pm On Sep 01, 2013
Mosquito finally banned. You mean i can now sleep without muskeeto net, and insecticide.

Plz? Can a mod ban a co- mod?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 3:11am On Sep 02, 2013
aManFromMars it is. The voting process was a sham, na Seun teach me.. tongue

Lol.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ajibam: 3:59am On Sep 02, 2013
aManFromMars: aManFromMars it is. The voting process was a sham, na Seun teach me.. tongue

Lol.

I see
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 5:26am On Sep 02, 2013
manmustwac: So calling someone a madman. Is enough to warrant a ban? If thats the ccase you'll be banning everybody for trivial matters. When i was around all i do is HIDE or edit the post. I mean if u ban for being called a madman what do you do with posts with the words F.U.CK or SHIITE? You can,t ban everybody i only ban if someones mother or father is insulted something much more serious than being called a madman

The bold is demonstrably false. You banned me, unjustly I must add, for calling LB 'Olodo'. This was at a time where members (including LB) go about calling each other worse names like "fool", "foolish", f..ktard etc without getting cautioned.

LB back off!!! tongue
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 5:28am On Sep 02, 2013
striktlymi:

The bold is demonstrably false. You banned me, unjustly I must add, for calling LB 'Olodo'. This was at a time where members (including LB) go about calling each other worse names like "fool", "foolish", f..ktard etc without getting cautioned.

LB back off!!! tongue

You hounded me and other people calling them "olodo" not once not twice...you wrre doing it constntly.

Abeg.....no one supported you then....you were not in your right mind tnen....Outcast mode
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 5:40am On Sep 02, 2013
Obinoscopy: What you should ask is whether calling a fellow NLer a madman is against forum rules. If it is then the ban is waranted esp in a case where the offender was warned abinitio.

I don't agree with you obino.

Musky, from what I gathered so far, did not get a warning. Aji, only hid his post. That hardly qualifies for a warning. Even if he did get warned, an appropriate 'punishment' would have been to hide his post.

Banning him for even a sec wouldn't have been appropriate; unless he insists on continuing the 'insults' and as a result, makes the thread unbearable for everyone.

A mod made the following comment:

sexkillz: You are a what? A fool. . . A k a, Mumu, mugu, learner.
https://www.nairaland.com/1420134/419-ladies-web#17804080

which in my opinion is no better than calling a member 'mad' and no one is crucifying him for it, let alone banning him.

Aji was wrong and a simple apology from him would have laid all to rest. I wonder why an apology is so difficult when the wrong is glaring for all to see.

Even seun (that almost everyone loves to hate) apologizes and go the extra mile to correct whatever wrong he might have done:

Seun: I think the eternal curse was honorable. I have unhidden it. Sorry about the mistake. Spoiling GOT is an unforgivable sin.
https://www.nairaland.com/1243015/game-thrones-discussion/36#17790298

3 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 5:45am On Sep 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

You LB hounded me and other people calling them "olodo" not once not twice...you wrre doing it constntly.

Abeg.....no one supported you then....you were not in your right mind tnen....Outcast mode

I said back off!!!

I aint here to debate this. I have pointed out the untruth in MMC's comment and that should suffice.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 5:47am On Sep 02, 2013
enilove: The only way is to tell the atheist the truth that he is a mad man.

This comment has been reported by Van Snickers. it hasn't been hidden neither has the poster been warned as far as I know.

Your pride is forcing you to set dangerous precedents. why not just admit you erred? It would save a lot of hassle.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 02, 2013
striktlymi:

I said back off!!!

I aint here to debate this. I have pointed out the untruth in MMC's comment and that should suffice.

Back off?

ooh, I am so scared grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 02, 2013
HumbledbYGrace:

There were 3 rules broken on this thread, we don't ban people for such unless rule#2 is trampled on.

@ Muskeeto, the person you insulted reported you, but you didn't report him so I think it Ajibam didn't pay attention to it. He was faulty I have to agree because if we have to be fair on everyone then we should ban both parties if they have to be banned or hide both posts if they need to be hidden.

We are really sorry for what happened, I promise you it will not happen again.

So we are fair to everyone, if we all break rule #2, #15 and #21 then proper punishment will be followed.

Great comment but...

@Bold: Not necessary. That would have been appropriate in the mod section.

@Bold red: That might be interpreted to mean 'a license to ban indiscriminately'.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 5:52am On Sep 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

Back off?

ooh, I am so scared grin grin grin

Gerrat grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 5:58am On Sep 02, 2013
Lb and Stryk

E too early for dis mumu.. tongue

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 6:10am On Sep 02, 2013
Ajibam: @muskeeto
www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/168#17773951

Up there you said

"I see time hasn't diminished your foolishness"

The guy reported you,I shun it

Later you said to another guy

"Who is this mad person"

So that's why..
Thanks

Nah...not enough to ban someone for the following reasons:

1) Both cases are isolated incidents.
2) He did not get a warning for either.
3) The word he used lacked the necessary 'weight' to merit a ban.
4) etc

In my opinion, I think you were the one angry with musky, hence the ban. I suspect that you applied your personal piety as the yardstick to judge what you believed to be an insult.

I am sure that if I call an Atheist a fool with proper scriptural backing, you would consider it appropriate but if an Atheist calls one of the 'Christian champs' a fool you might see it as an insult.

If the above is correct then I don't think it is fair. A ban should be the very last resort when other means e.g hide posts and 'negotiate' have failed to yield the desired results.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 7:06am On Sep 02, 2013
aManFromMars: Lb and Stryk

grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by ERF: 7:50am On Sep 02, 2013
Hy Fighters, Good Morning all smiley
Its Time to turn to God, and Learn to post without formal/informal abuses.
It's a sin to God and to Morality. cheesygrin

And if my using "Yhu" Instead of your normal "You" will serve as a check, then i'll try to stop it. I don't live my life trying not to break rules, and should i break a rule i'll serve my term, see reasons to accept my fate, change and co
ntinue being my self.

NOTE that the rules have got many "DON'TS" and four "Please" of which some are optional, some involves "trying your best not to, because it's tempting" so it entails, they are more to be treated lightly than others.

As trouble can change a man, who undermine threats... So a "ban" can change a "nairand man" without warning. Truthfully nowgrin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 02, 2013
Some people should consider spending more time in the education section. I just got a migraine on a Monday morning angry
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Vansnickers: 8:08am On Sep 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

You hounded me and other people calling them "olodo" not once not twice...you wrre doing it constntly.

True, his Trolling ways are still fresh in my Mind. Thankfully, he has turned over a new leaf.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by truthislight: 8:13am On Sep 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

That means mac will have been very conversant with the bible in quiz questions. cheesy

well, how shall i know. Lol. cool
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

You have a point bro. Manifesting the self gradually shocked
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 02, 2013
striktlymi:

Nah...not enough to ban someone for the following reasons:

1) Both cases are isolated incidents.
2) He did not get a warning for either.
3) The word he used lacked the necessary 'weight' to merit a ban.
4) etc

In my opinion, I think you were the one angry with musky, hence the ban. I suspect that you applied your personal piety as the yardstick to judge what you believed to be an insult.

I am sure that if I call an Atheist a fool with proper scriptural backing, you would consider it appropriate but if an Atheist calls one of the 'Christian champs' a fool you might see it as an insult.

If the above is correct then I don't think it is fair. A ban should be the very last resort when other means e.g hide posts and 'negotiate' have failed to yield the desired results.

Your post highlights all one needs to make balanced, fair and transparent judgements.

- evidence
- logic
- a good dose of sense.

Where these are lacking....
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 02, 2013
Reyginus: You have a point bro. Manifesting the self gradually shocked

Maybe Vedaxcool grin grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 02, 2013
aManFromMars:

Maybe Vedaxcool grin grin
Ahh! Vedaxcool has an unflinching nature to troll. He cannot even for a minute take another personality. lipsrsealed
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 02, 2013
Reyginus: Ahh! Vedaxcool has an unflinching nature to troll. He cannot even for a minute take another personality. lipsrsealed

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ajibam: 9:00am On Sep 02, 2013
aManFromMars:

grin grin grin

Okay.....sorry muskeeto...a manfrommars!!!
Apology sir

NOTED@stricklymi
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 02, 2013
Reyginus: Ahh! Vedaxcool has an unflinching nature to troll. He cannot even for a minute take another personality. lipsrsealed

Agreed

Let me just add that he is not intelligent enough

2 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:11am On Sep 02, 2013
aManFromMars: Lb and Stryk

You said "mumu"!

Don't let ajigbam see this or you'll get a 6 month ban.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 02, 2013
Ajibam:

Okay.....sorry muskeeto...a manfrommars!!!
Apology sir

NOTED@stricklymi
Umm, I wasn't asking for an apology.

And enilove's post has not been hidden.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:20am On Sep 02, 2013
Later

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (296)

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.