Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,961 members, 7,952,871 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:20 AM

Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? (21672 Views)

Ooni of ife, Oba of Benin and Oba of Lagos greeting people [PICS] / Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Both Bow To Greet Each Other (Photo) / Three Generations Of Ooni Of Ife And Their Rolls-royces (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 12:47am On Mar 13, 2019
davidnazee:

Esu is acknowledged as a diety but rarely worshipped.. it’s only dubious people that makes offering to Esu.
So u are very wrong to say Ogun worshippers also worship Esu..
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 12:49am On Mar 13, 2019
davidnazee:

Esu is acknowledged as a diety but rarely worshipped.. it’s only dubious people that makes offering to Esu.
So u are very wrong to say Ogun worshippers also worship Esu..

You Are Wrong From My Own Point Of View.
Real Worshipers Of Ogun Worship Esu.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by davidnazee: 12:49am On Mar 13, 2019
goalernestman:

What is the European country they traded with who was the captain that sign the trade with the Oba of Oyo.

When something is faked it has no fact. I can tell you every each country of European Benin traded with and their captain names from 13th century to 18th century

abeg tell me..
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by lx3as(m): 12:50am On Mar 13, 2019
davidnazee:

Yorubas worship differently from Benin. Esu is only acknowledged as a deity in Benin but not worshipped, no shrine is erected for it. I too come from a family that worshipped African gods we never worshipped Esu at anytime.

Do you know that Ogun and Esu are friends?

Do you know about several misfortunes Esu caused Ogun due to his tricks?

What do you know about innocent deaths Ogun committed just because of Esu tricks?

Maybe you should tell me more stories about Ogun...
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 12:52am On Mar 13, 2019
Nanatrendy:
lies, lies any Ghanaian/ Ivorian reading this will immediately know you are lying because in the first place the ethnic group which extends to the ivory coast is Akan, ashanti is a tribe within the akan ethnic group. There are records of wars we fought and lost and what you are saying is a lie. Ashanti tried to extend it borders to dahomey but lost the war so they retreated but didn't pay allegiance to bini because they merely defended themselves and their motherland aside that we had no encounter with no tribe from Nigeria. The ewes run away from an evil king in Benin to present day Ghana, the Gas also run away from ile ife to Ghana to escape famine they did not pay allegiance to anytribe in Nigeria infact the tribe that gave them issues was ashanti it's obvious that they interracted with akans most since their culture has some akan influences. Written and oral ghanaian history does not mention oyo drop that fantasy.

Wow
Nice Write Up
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 12:59am On Mar 13, 2019
goalernestman:

1 Yoruba people bring up lies every day just more to stable an empire that never existed.

2 They where claiming Oyo war with Benin they can also write this in their site but Benin have no record of this

And also what they say of Ghana if Ghana are here it would have changed too.

3 Benin never fight igbos of today because there was noting like igbo before half of northan igbo was Benin then and the second half was Ida empire.

The Ida Igala today wanted to expand their empire first trying to take some eastern part of Benin including asaba agbor and this result to war (Ida war) .

Igbo of today never fought Benin they were a dependent tribe to only Benin empire and Igala empire

Igbo A Dependent Tribe?
Fallacy.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Weedfree: 1:00am On Mar 13, 2019
lx3as:

Oyo Empire did not really expand widely in the forested areas but covered northern part of present Ogun State. The Egbas were settled around present Ibadan then and were covered by the Oyo Empire but Ijebus were not.

Before Egba people came to Abeokuta the stayed in ibadan until they were driving by the ijebus and later got independence from oyo empire later came to abeokuta where they settled in. So u see Egba people have already gained independence from oyo empire, by the time they arrived in Abeokuta the were not under oyo empire so I don't think oyo empire had land's in ogun state.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 1:01am On Mar 13, 2019
lx3as:

It never happened.

That's part of revisionists' theory, just because of same 'name'. You can find out how Dahomey came about the name 'Benin Republic'.
Nigeria own was from 'Ibinu' to 'Ibini' to Bini and recently, Benin; they are not related.

Ok
Got That.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by lx3as(m): 1:05am On Mar 13, 2019
Oshi5403:

Baseless Facts.

You Refered To The Benin Empire As A Small Kingdom.
A Kingdom That Extended Its Conquest To Dahomey(now Benin Republic).
You Are Such A Clown.

Then carry out your own research to see the kingdom that's bigger or you continue to believe that which you want to believe.
However, there is no much to find online about African history, look for books.

You already deviated from the purpose of the thread.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Weedfree: 1:13am On Mar 13, 2019
Oshi5403:

African History Is Complicated Due To Lack Of Proof

Yes but their are oral accounts which are sometimes lies only if all of africa had written this things down like kano and Mali chronicles.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by goalernestman: 1:19am On Mar 13, 2019
davidnazee:

abeg tell me..

1 The first European travelers to reach Benin were Portuguese explorers starting with Joao Afonso de Aveiro [pt] in about 1485.

And the quest was take over by British

2 and the The first English expedition to Benin was in 1553, and significant trading developed between England and Benin

3A 17th-century Dutch engraving from Olfert Dapper's Nauwkeurige Beschrijvinge der Afrikaansche Gewesten, published in Amsterdam in 1668 says:

The king's palace or court is a square, and is as large as the town of Haarlem and entirely surrounded by a special wall, like that which encircles the town. It is divided into many magnificent palaces, houses, and apartments of the courtiers, and comprises beautiful and long square galleries, about as large as the Exchange at Amsterdam

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by goalernestman: 1:25am On Mar 13, 2019
Oshi5403:

Igbo A Dependent Tribe?
Fallacy.

Bro go read and research about it don't just go to an igbo site because they will even try to claim biafra was all south of Nigeria just as Yoruba site will also say.

Get answer from European souce of what they saw in Africa during that time.

And also try go read igala history or Ida history and see if igbo were not a dependent kingdom to them
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by lx3as(m): 7:17am On Mar 13, 2019
Weedfree:

Before Egba people came to Abeokuta the stayed in ibadan until they were driving by the ijebus and later got independence from oyo empire later came to abeokuta where they settled in. So u see Egba people have already gained independence from oyo empire, by the time they arrived in Abeokuta the were not under oyo empire so I don't think oyo empire had land's in ogun state.

It actually covered most present Ogun central and west. How do you think Oyo got to her main port in Ajase (Port novo) in present Benin Republic.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 1:03pm On Mar 13, 2019
goalernestman:

Bro go read and research about it don't just go to an igbo site because they will even try to claim biafra was all south of Nigeria just as Yoruba site will also say.

Get answer from European souce of what they saw in Africa during that time.

And also try go read igala history or Ida history and see if igbo were not a dependent kingdom to them

Let Me Just Ask You This Question
Who Are The Igbos?

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 1:14pm On Mar 13, 2019
Weedfree:

Yes but their are oral accounts which are sometimes lies only if all of africa had written this things down like kano and Mali chronicles.

The Problem Is That African Histories Has A Diversified And Varying Sources.So,most Times,the Various Released Histories From The Varying Sources Differs,and Sometimes Contradicts Each Other.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 1:19pm On Mar 13, 2019
lx3as:

Then carry out your own research to see the kingdom that's bigger or you continue to believe that which you want to believe.
However, there is no much to find online about African history, look for books.

You already deviated from the purpose of the thread.

Nobody Deviated From Any Purpose Of The Thread.
Am Just Trying To Make A Constructive Criticism And Careful Appreciation Of Various Comments Made,to Get To The Root Of The Issue.
Am Not Aligning With Any Empire Or Kingdom.

Am The Op Of The Thread.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Weedfree: 5:34pm On Mar 13, 2019
lx3as:

It actually covered most present Ogun central and west. How do you think Oyo got to her main port in Ajase (Port novo) in present Benin Republic.

it could be they skipped Ogun state and Ajase was created from old Allada kingdom doesn't this mean that since Dahomey conquered Allada kingdom and Oyo empire conquered Dahomey don't u think that is what granted them access to Ajase
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Weedfree: 5:35pm On Mar 13, 2019
Oshi5403:

The Problem Is That African Histories Has A Diversified And Varying Sources.So,most Times,the Various Released Histories From The Varying Sources Differs,and Sometimes Contradicts Each Other.

maybe.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Weedfree: 5:35pm On Mar 13, 2019
Oshi5403:

It seems like it is only west Africa that have that problem.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by gregyboy(m): 8:33pm On Mar 13, 2019
lx3as:

Then you people don't know what you're doing.

I was born in a family that has been worshiping Ogun for generations. There was never a time, Ogun is worshipped with sacrifice like dog, kola, Palmwine, that little was not splash or drop on Esu Lalu or lanroye's little by the main Ogun shrine and the pronouncements 'esu ma se mi omo...' and they would praise-sing him not to cause misfortunes. You people don't just know anything about this deities again. When you see how Binis that engage in Umọlẹ, Sango, Ogun, ect do theirs, you will only shake head. Everything is turned upside down, even the Ogboni of a thing....

Lol...benin started minning iron before the advent of yoruba it was how they built thier empire. And thats how the worship of iron emerged.. Now yorubas are claiming they gave benin ogun ,oromila joke of the centuries soon as the yoruba start giving thier true history without cutting from peoples history like Ghana, ivory coast,mecca or benin then i would pick a book of yorubas to read it is sad that the true yoruba history is more empty than that of the igbos they use other peoples history to claim accomplishments

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by gregyboy(m): 9:02pm On Mar 13, 2019
Oshi5403:

Am Just Trying To Make A Constructive Criticism And Careful Appreciation Of Various Comments Made,to Get To The Root Of The Issue.

Am The Op Of The Thread.

Dont include benins to your claims every history benin had was detailed.....the issue was it wasn't detailed in writeup but in art and culture....
The yorubas are the people lieing here they are always attaching thier non existed empire to other people history even outside nigeria ....ask them how thier empire was formed how it emerged they will beat round the bush ...ask them how oduduwa come about they will tell you several lies to cover up thier lies all this for thier history to have relevance the yoruba history rest on the shoulder of the benin kingdom..
I am not a tribalist or supporting the edos but history has to be said correctly i see emptiness in the history of yorubas or the oyo empire awolowo
Made a mess constructing lies for themselves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Dartilo(m): 9:47pm On Mar 13, 2019
Oshi5403:

Ok
Got That.

Pls ignore that guy he's obviously allowing sentiment to take the better part of his IQ,
Ubini was corrupted to benin by the Portuguese because they could not pronounce it properly...
Simple logic the bight was name after benin and dahomey change it's name to benin the name of their bight that was name after benin

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Opiletool(m): 10:36pm On Mar 13, 2019
Enough of the lies in guise of history that you bini internet urchins are peddling about.

Aren't you guys so ashamed that those tribes you pathetically claim to rule over (igbo/yoruba) are more relevant than you lots in the polity of this nation?

You guys are so insignificant in the country today, even in terms of language. Most of you idiots answer yoruba names, speak yoruba language, run to survive in yoruba land, worship yoruba deities(who were once living entities in yoruba lands), yet you're constantly trying to foist a fake historical superiority on them. So ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 10:44pm On Mar 13, 2019
Dartilo:

Pls ignore that guy he's obviously allowing sentiment to take the better part of his IQ,
Ubini was corrupted to benin by the Portuguese because they could not pronounce it properly...
Simple logic the bight was name after benin and dahomey change it's name to benin the name of their bight that was name after benin

Noted
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 10:47pm On Mar 13, 2019
gregyboy:

Dont include benins to your claims every history benin had was detailed.....the issue was it wasn't detailed in writeup but in art and culture....
The yorubas are the people lieing here they are always attaching thier non existed empire to other people history even outside nigeria ....ask them how thier empire was formed how it emerged they will beat round the bush ...ask them how oduduwa come about they will tell you several lies to cover up thier lies all this for thier history to have relevance the yoruba history rest on the shoulder of the benin kingdom..
I am not a tribalist or supporting the edos but history has to be said correctly i see emptiness in the history of yorubas or the oyo empire awolowo
Made a mess constructing lies for themselves

I See This As A Derogator And Castigating Expression.You Are Too Mean In Expressing Yourself.You Should Have Euphemize To Avoid Tribal Or Ethnic Recrimination.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 10:52pm On Mar 13, 2019
Weedfree:

It seems like it is only west Africa that have that problem.
Hmmm How Sure Are You
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Weedfree: 12:29am On Mar 14, 2019
Oshi5403:

Hmmm
How Sure Are You

Well if u check the history of zulu empire with shakazulu , Akum empire now called Ethiopian empire and lunda and luba kingdom do have a connection to each other. But when I look at West Africa kingdoms oyo empire would say the conquered all of southern Nigeria but they didn't conquer ijesha, Benin empire and ijebu. And it goes on like that for other kingdoms in west Africa.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by goalernestman: 2:10am On Mar 14, 2019
Weedfree:

Well if u check the history of zulu empire with shakazulu , Akum empire now called Ethiopian empire and lunda and luba kingdom do have a connection to each other. Both when I look at West Africa kingdoms oyo empire would say the conquered all of southern Nigeria but they didn't conquer ijesha, Benin empire and ijebu. And it goes on like that for other kingdoms in west Africa.

Why not check source of the European. I have found that all west African history contradict the Oyo empire.

I found Oyo empire only in Yoruba history and not the world or Africa. as I was saying above I just google the Ghana Empire today reading it I found Benin empire if oyo really happened it should be more closer to Ghana than Benin but I saw Benin and no Oyo.

And also any ancient map of Africa you see the author or source being a European you always see Benin, Ghana, Dahomey but no Oyo.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by goalernestman: 2:17am On Mar 14, 2019
Oshi5403:

Am The Op Of The Thread.

Benin empire happend but Oyo didn't so they are trying to put Oyo in any where Benin is to more stable the empire that never happened like slaves that was recorded taken from Benin or bight of Benin by the European will be change to Oyo.

Below is a map of European a man who lives in England his name is there and died in 17 century. U can see noting like Oyo there

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by goalernestman: 2:26am On Mar 14, 2019
Another map from Netherlands a European (Lazaro Luis)

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by goalernestman: 2:39am On Mar 14, 2019
When you see lies it has no source or fact:
Oyo trade with Europe who was the captain and who was the king of Oyo that sign this trade they keep mute

Oyo empire map who is the source of it only a Yoruba man what about the source of European they keep mute.

All this I state above is dated by Benin history and Europen history and also the world at large and also have source from the European. But Oyo non of the above just a claim by present Yoruba's

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by goalernestman: 3:09am On Mar 14, 2019
Oshi5403:

I See This As A Derogator And Castigating Expression.You Are Too Mean In Expressing Yourself.You Should Have Euphemize To Avoid Tribal Or Ethnic Recrimination.

He is saying the truth Benin history is dated by Benin and European as I also said above

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo / Who Is The Real Originator Of These Popular Words -igbos Or The Yorubas. / Ikeja Royal Families Unveil Tajudeen Muritala As New Monarch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.