Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,824 members, 7,956,115 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:02 AM

***Hair For African Women*** - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / ***Hair For African Women*** (30055 Views)

15 Most Stylish Ghana Braids Ideas For African Women / African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge / African Women And Wigs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by SAGoddess: 1:30pm On Oct 12, 2010
I get you madlady, she may not like that but when you get something to post on here, please do!
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by madlady(f): 1:42pm On Oct 12, 2010
wink
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by SAGoddess: 1:48pm On Oct 12, 2010
I was saying the person on NL may not like her name being mentioned (as per my request) hence I said if you find something else to post with nice hair, please do. . . . . . . .did my post above come out wrong? Untentional babe. . . . . . . . .

Does getting the instant face lift cheesy not mess up your hairline girl?
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by madlady(f): 1:53pm On Oct 12, 2010
SA Goddess:

I was saying the person on NL may not like her name being mentioned (as per my request) hence I said if you find something else to post with nice hair, please do. . . . . . . .did my post above come out wrong? Untentional babe. . . . . . . . .

Does getting the instant face lift cheesy not mess up your hairline girl?

Your too smart, it's made my hairline recede, it's also made my buck forehead more prominent.

I see what you mean in your post now  embarassed embarassed. I am not myself these days. cry cry cry.
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by SAGoddess: 1:58pm On Oct 12, 2010
madlady:

Your too smart, it's made my hairling recede, it's also made my buck forehead more prominent.

I see what you mean in your post now embarassed embarassed. [b]I am not myself these days. cry cry cry.[/b]

cool cool cool

I also have a forehead and would hate to mess up the hairline as it would mean double forehead, no thanks, I got enough of that!   cheesy
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by madlady(f): 2:10pm On Oct 12, 2010
SA Goddess:

What is wrong girl, take time off work if you need to, we need to recharge our batteries from time to time. Hope you feel better soon. . . . . . [/b]

I also have a forehead and would hate to mess up the hairline as it would mean [b]double
forehead, no thanks, I got enough of that! cheesy

Yup that's it, mine really looked like it was heading down that road  embarassed

Didn't go in (went to the doctor) Thanks for your good wishes.

I think half the hair problems some of us have, we cause it oweself. My Mum only ever uses that conditioner I told you about, and then I braid it. Her hairs so nice (sometimes i add bulk hair to hers that's all).

I really thing sisterlocks or braids with add bulk hair may be your answer. kiss
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by SAGoddess: 2:29pm On Oct 12, 2010
madlady:

Yup that's it, mine really looked like it was heading down that road embarassed

Didn't go in (went to the doctor) Thanks for you good wishes.

I think half the hair problems some of us have, we cause it oweself. My Mum only ever uses that conditioner I told you about, and then I braid it. Her hairs so nice (sometimes i add bulk hair to hers that's all).

I really thing sisterlocks or braids with add bulk hair may be your answer. kiss

Take care of you, sleep and rest as much as you can. . . . . .illhealth is never pleasant, even if it is minor!

I saw some nice locks on that other thread that also talks about hair, that is when I knew I could grow my natural hair nicely, just need it to grow a bit longer. . . . .then I am good to go!
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by Ejadamen(f): 6:36pm On Oct 12, 2010
SA Goddess:

Don't get me wrong Ejadamen, I love my hair natural but don't know what to do with it in terms of styling, you know when it is not long enough to plait/braid yet not short enough to look cute. . . .I am determined to stay natural though, a break from chemicals is needed so I am sticking to this, hopefully to last a life time!   cheesy
Hmm. I'm not bothered about styling maybe cos I'm tom boyish. I just wear my hair the way it is. Comb it and go out grin I want my hair to be about 6 months before I start mauling it. I've seen a couple of hairstyles(can't remember where) where a lady with about your growth of hair wore her hair stylishly rough.You could try that undecided
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by InkedNerd(f): 1:09am On Oct 13, 2010
Ejadamen:

Hmm. I'm not bothered about styling maybe cos I'm tom boyish. I just wear my hair the way it is. Comb it and go out grin I want my hair to be about 6 months before I start mauling it. I've seen a couple of hairstyles(can't remember where) where a lady with about your growth of hair wore her hair stylishly rough.You could try that undecided

lol @ mauling
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by Elvola75: 1:18am On Oct 13, 2010
hehehe, i can imagine the look, but if you are comfortable with ur looks, girl ride on. its good to look smashing at all times, i think u should try and give it a thought
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by madlady(f): 5:49am On Oct 13, 2010
@SA Goddess take a look at these really wicked styles, maybe one may take your fancy. kiss

Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by SAGoddess: 7:05am On Oct 13, 2010
Ejadamen:

I also wear my hair a little rough on weekends but coming to work is another story. . . . . .

Thanks Madlady, I can't wait to get my hair twisting, not to be left for long though as I don't want it to get knoted! I must say my hair is growing nicely with each passing day!
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by Ejadamen(f): 4:03pm On Oct 13, 2010
Madlady those styles are lovely,especially the first or is it fourth undecided;wine with bantu knots kiss kiss.
Doubt I would do it though,looks like stress tongue
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by SAGoddess: 4:08pm On Oct 13, 2010
I love the blonde ones, they look super cool, can't wait!
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by gangstaboo(f): 5:33pm On Oct 13, 2010
Lol , I'm good girl . And he seems to be as well . grin
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by madlady(f): 7:12am On Oct 14, 2010
Ejadamen:

Madlady those styles are lovely,especially the first or is it fourth undecided;wine with bantu knots kiss kiss.
Doubt I would do it though,looks like stress tongue

It's easy honey, I call it by another name and the sides are just canerows. I love that the best, even the colour wont cause you problems later. kiss

SA Goddess:

I love the blonde ones, they look super cool, can't wait!

I love the technique but , I am not sure about bleaching your hair to that extent. It really does make the style look cool though, a bit like the buzz I wanted to try.

SA Goddess very good news, the really lovely girl with the fab sisterlocs just started a thread on this section, her id is @AqRiUs Age, I am going to pester her to death with questions embarassed embarassed.
Go and check her out if you have the time. smiley
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by SAGoddess: 7:56am On Oct 14, 2010
I will check her out madlady, thanks girl.

As for bleaching hair, no colour for me, especially permanent and blonde, I messed up my hair once so not going there again.
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by InkedNerd(f): 8:01am On Oct 14, 2010
You know, you can use henna to dye/color you hair. Have you heard of Lucille Ball? Well, if you do then you'll probably be shocked to know that she wasn't a natural red head. She used to die her hair with henna. When I cut my hair, I'm gonna do a henna treatment on my hair.
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by SAGoddess: 8:08am On Oct 14, 2010
I have done henna, I like it because it not permanent and does not damage hair. . . . .why do you have to wait until you cut the hair Nerd? I used to put henna on my relaxed hair (chemically treated) and had no problems. My problem started when I used Dark&Lovely perm colour that my hair was messed up, I cut it a year later because it was just not the same. . . . . . . . . .
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by InkedNerd(f): 8:35am On Oct 14, 2010
I don't have to wait, I just wanted to because I felt I should do it when I get a fresh start. Have you tried cassia before?
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by Ejadamen(f): 9:42am On Oct 14, 2010
madlady:

It's easy honey, I call it by another name and the sides are just canerows. I love that the best, even the colour wont cause you problems later. kiss
What name do you call it by? Besides one needs some length to do that knot,right?

SA Goddess:

I have done henna, I like it because it not permanent and does not damage hair. . . . .why do you have to wait until you cut the hair Nerd? I used to put henna on my relaxed hair (chemically treated) and had no problems. My problem started when I used Dark&Lovely perm colour that my hair was messed up, I cut it a year later because it was just not the same. . . . . . . . . .
Heard a lot about this henna but haven't seen it anywhere. Does anyone know what product name it is sold under in Nigeria? Also since it is not permanent,that means it washes off gradually right? Does that mean it will stain my pillows?
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by naijadiva2(f): 3:08pm On Oct 14, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

You know, you can use henna to dye/color you hair. Have you heard of Lucille Ball? Well, if you do then you'll probably be shocked to know that she wasn't a natural red head. She used to die her hair with henna. When I cut my hair, I'm gonna do a henna treatment on my hair.

Henna is a good way to color hair but if your hair is dark (dark brown and blk) it will not show. In certain lights or in the sun, u might be able to see it, just like how when u put a semi-color rinse in your hair, u may not see it but when u go outside, u can see it glisening (sp?) a bit.

If you want to get the color that henna releases, it have to lighten your hair. I know clariol has a product called illuminizer (i think) and its uses to lift the color of your natural hair. they say its less harsh than bleach and peroxide. You leave it in for the amount of mins u feel will do the job.

SA Goddess:

Henna is very much permanent. you just cant see it bcuz most likely your hair is dark (i assume). Henna is a natural hair dye and conditioner that bonds to the hair as if it is your hair. If you are blond and u henna your hair, you can not remove it. you have to grow your hair out and/or cut it off. I don't know if u can color over it, but im sure u can. some ppl have tried many ways to remove the color caused by henna by very harsh means. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but for our hair (afro-textured hair), that removal technique wouldn't work bcuz we could go bald for trying it (LOL)

But it does make the hair strong, healthy and shiney.
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by InkedNerd(f): 6:35pm On Oct 14, 2010
naija_diva:

Henna is a good way to color hair but if your hair is dark (dark brown and blk) it will not show. In certain lights or in the sun, u might be able to see it, just like how when u put a semi-color rinse in your hair, u may not see it but when u go outside, u can see it glisening (sp?) a bit.

If you want to get the color that henna releases, it have to lighten your hair. I know clariol has a product called illuminizer (i think) and its uses to lift the color of your natural hair. they say its less harsh than bleach and peroxide. You leave it in for the amount of mins u feel will do the job.

Nah, I don't wanna use stuff like Clariol to dye my hair. Besides, its not really color that I'm going for. I just like the benefits of using it in hair.
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by madlady(f): 9:20pm On Oct 14, 2010
Ejadamen:

[b]What name do you call it by? Besides one needs some length to do that knot,right?[/b]Heard a lot about this henna but haven't seen it anywhere. Does anyone know what product name it is sold under in Nigeria? Also since it is not permanent,that means it washes off gradually right? Does that mean it will stain my pillows?

I call it Chinese bumps, you can add bulk hair to it for added length. The additions are put it in the same way you add hair to braids, you can also twist it in. smiley
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by Ejadamen(f): 9:31pm On Oct 14, 2010
madlady:

I call it Chinese bumps, y[b]ou can add bulk hair to it for add length. The additions are put it in the same way you add hair to braids, you can also twist it in. smiley[/b]
Great idea! Now all I need is a pic to show in the market. Wait! Too lazy.I'll prob do it in a month or two. grin
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by SAGoddess: 1:40pm On Oct 22, 2010
My henna used to wash out in two months, I would use black henna because my hair is "brown" . . . . . . anyway, I don't really want colour now. . . . . .

I must say I rock a nice rough look on weekends, my hair is growing out nicely, soon I will have to replace the brush with a comb cheesy I am also washing it every 3rd day now, it is looking good!
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by Ejadamen(f): 2:31pm On Oct 22, 2010
Good for you SA! I look at my hair and wonder why have I maltreated it all this time. Migrating from brush to comb? shocked I'm looking for a giant comb for my hair now.

Oh an have you ever tried co-washing? Washing hair with just conditioner? It's really nice and doesn't strip the hair of oils as much as shampoo does. I recommend co-washing if you're going to be washing your hair that often.
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by SAGoddess: 2:39pm On Oct 22, 2010
YEP, soon migrating from brush to comb cheesy

I am definitely going to start co washing then, thanks for the tip I can imagine it being soft and moisturised nicely. . . . . . how often do you wash your hair then?
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by InkedNerd(f): 3:11pm On Oct 22, 2010
Omgggggg, I'm cutting my hair next weekend grin. Woooooo hoooooo. I'm so happy. No more of this hair.
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by SAGoddess: 3:15pm On Oct 22, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Omgggggg, I'm cutting my hair next weekend grin. Woooooo hoooooo. I'm so happy. No more of this hair.

NOTHING, NOTHING is as liberating, love it! cheesy

You good Nerdy?
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by InkedNerd(f): 3:27pm On Oct 22, 2010
SA Goddess:

NOTHING, NOTHING is as liberating, love it! cheesy

You good Nerdy?

Yuppers, I'm good. Been a bit busy so I'm not on as often as before. How's everything on your end? Can't wait to run my fingers through hair when I get my haircut.
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by SAGoddess: 3:39pm On Oct 22, 2010
All is good with me hun cheesy

I am just wondering why I did not go natural sooner but hey, I am here now!

Have a fab weekend, I am off in 30!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Fashion Or Madness? Lady Seen Wearing A Jump Suit, Which Covers Part Of Her Bum / Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? / Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.