Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,334 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Insomnia... - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Insomnia... (4321 Views)

Cure For Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia, Body Pains Etc. / One Way You Can Overcome Insomnia (Pics) / The Broken Engine Heart - A Love Fiction Inspired By Insomnia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insomnia... by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 09, 2019
BLUEJAYY:
I remember vividly, no grace. You'll have to apologise through actions as those on your dp. grin Naughty! grin

Oh come onnnn! This is my only moniker please.

That's my punishment shocked shocked shocked

I will respect you privacy but this is you alternate
Re: Insomnia... by BLUEJAYY: 1:48pm On Apr 09, 2019
Guest007:

That's my punishment shocked shocked shocked

I will respect you privacy but this is you alternate
Yeah. A pleasurable punishment. I'll only seat in a corner and watch. smiley

Damn! I give up. Okay why don't you call out the supposed main account? Seems you're obsessed with him. I tire.
Re: Insomnia... by SKhanmi: 1:54pm On Apr 09, 2019
You need to run down your power supplies.
Heavy exercise always does it for me coupled with some chilled palmwine. Not even a mikano gen by my head can wake me. Try jogging & squats before sleep

Warning: If you were running on batteries before,heavy exercise is going to make you go nuclear in the day,which might be counterproductive in your case.
Re: Insomnia... by Chubhie: 2:21pm On Apr 09, 2019
MissRaine69:

I am awake at night anyway
So if I then start working that then gets my mind hyper-stimulated which then makes sleep impossible I then have to go to work with zero sleep I can do this for a few days before I have start to feel myself malfunctioning
Also try and eliminate alcohol/nicotine/weed/cigarette and eating close to bedtime. Make your bedroom as comfy as possible. Let the very fragrance in the room,art on the wall,classical or country music which works for me all conspire to lure you to sleep in record time.

I hope this helps.
Re: Insomnia... by Uyi168: 2:21pm On Apr 09, 2019
MissRaine69:
How do fellow insomniacs cope?
I can stay awake for three days easily, not keen to explore pharmaceuticals been down that road it causes more problems than its worth.
Ideas welcome.
Try masturbation..
wink
Re: Insomnia... by Chubhie: 2:23pm On Apr 09, 2019
SKhanmi:
Heavy exercise always does it for me coupled with some chilled palmwine. Not even a mikano gen by my head can wake me. Try jogging & squats before sleep

Warning: If you were running on batteries before,heavy exercise is going to make you go nuclear in the day,which might be counterproductive in your case.
Pammy shocked shocked shocked

Re: Insomnia... by Konquest: 2:29pm On Apr 09, 2019
MissRaine69:
I can stay awake for three days easily, not keen to explore pharmaceuticals been down that road it causes more problems than its worth.
Ideas welcome.
^^^^
^^^^
^^^^
Hi Raine,

I appreciate your detailed, and prompt feedback
to the mailed questions I sent to you on
Wednesday, last week. I have pondered
intensely... so expect my feedback.

You will have to GO BACK to your childhood
to see how, when and why this "childhood
insomnia" gravitated to "adult insomnia."
There is such a thing as childhood STRESS
and hyperactivity which leads to insomnia.

Being awake for 3 days has got to be
one of the most incredible 'biological snafus"
I've ever heard. You are a superwoman
to stay awake easily for 3 smoking days
!

1] Just as I told you on another of your threads,
when I feel like I CANNOT sleep, I simply take
a HOT BATH a few hours before my timed sleep
period.

2] Second, the aromatherapy massage works
for me for deep relaxation. Cedar, lavender, musk
are game for moi. I know you don't like lavender
though but everyone likes it. The wiring of your
nasal neurons which lead right up to the
neurotransmitter in your brain are wired
differently than the rest of the human
population.

By the way what fragrances of patchouli
packs do you absolutely love... aside from the
lavender which you don't like?

SIDE NOTE:
There are folks who CANNOT even
perceive any smell. I once met a guy
who said from childhood, he has never
perceived any smell till his adulthood.
So if there is smoke coming from the
kitchen toaster, he wouldn't even
know!

3] Exercises also work for me before bed time
and then I find it easier to sleep off.
I just do an imaginary skipping on the
SPOT and then I tires me out... and BOOM,
I just fall asleep... and this works for
a lot of people who are finding it difficult
to sleep.

When you feel like doing the exercise,
it can come in several stimulating
forms... without making it seem like
work! The Yoga and meditation you
talked about are brilliant stuff.
But you have to do some regression
into your childhood to get a final
solution to this.

4]Environmental Factors:
Last but not least, these factors distort my sleep.
So eliminating "noise," "heat," "cold", and very bright
lights enables me to sleep. Especially for me... bright
lights elimination when I have to travel via long-haul
flights helps me to cope with sleeplessness from
jetlags.

#Brilliant topic.

Your take care.
Re: Insomnia... by SKhanmi: 2:40pm On Apr 09, 2019
Chubhie:

Pammy shocked shocked shocked

Calm down. It won't kill you. Try it chilled wink
The fresh one o. Not those conc stuff that changes your temperature to auto-pilot
Re: Insomnia... by MissRaine69(f): 2:41pm On Apr 09, 2019
Chubhie:

Also try and eliminate alcohol/nicotine/weed/cigarette and eating close to bedtime. Make your bedroom as comfy as possible. Let the very fragrance in the room,art on the wall,classical or country music which works for me all conspire to lure you to sleep in record time.

I hope this helps.
I used to drink 40+ cups of black coffee daily( still manage to sleep 4+ hours) I dont drink coffee anymore
I don’t smoke nor do I do weed
Dinner is usually a salad as I prefer to eat properly at lunch as I get home super late
Regarding my bedroom
I can’t think of any place that’s more zen then that room.
I listen to classical music all day something I have done for years
I draw the line when it comes to country music
That will make me feel homicidal
Re: Insomnia... by Chubhie: 3:21pm On Apr 09, 2019
MissRaine69:

I used to drink 40+ cups of black coffee daily( still manage to sleep 4+ hours) I dont drink coffee anymore
Dinner is usually a salad as I prefer to eat properly at lunch as I get home super late
Regarding my bedroom
Could one ever go wrong with Don Williams or Vince Gill when it comes to country music? With a good sound system that highlights how the various instruments interplays, The positive highness could be smuggled as far better than sex.
Re: Insomnia... by Chubhie: 3:23pm On Apr 09, 2019
SKhanmi:

Calm down. It won't kill you. Try it chilled wink
The fresh one o. Not those conc stuff that changes your temperature to auto-pilot
Agu, its quite difficult to get a trusted fresh Pammy seller. That shite gives a crazy hardon instead of luring you to sleep. You must offload the tension first before sleep. Just ensure your woman is beside you tho.

1 Like

Re: Insomnia... by Konquest: 4:30pm On Apr 09, 2019
MissRaine69:

Regarding my bedroom

^^^^^
^^^^^
^^^^^
Raine, you're a big fan of classical music?

Share some of them with me, and I just might like
some of them and put on my playlist for mental
relaxation. Some classical songs get on my nerves
though... but I love Wolfgang Mozart and George
Handel's "Water Music" classic which is sensual.
These classical songs can send you to nirvana
and deep sleep.

"George Frideric Handel's - Water Music"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuw8YjSbKd4[4:23]

Second, I absolutely love Joe Nichols' 2002 award-winning
country song entitled "The Impossible." I've listened to it
since 2002 and it's evergreen. He is one of the best
American country music artistes.

Its inspirational and when you listen to it deeply, you'll
love it. Very calming mid-tempo ballad with brilliant lyrics
too.

"Joe Nichols - The Impossible"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce-pUKsJM6w&list...index=5[3:57]
Oct 7, 2009 - Uploaded by JoeNicholsVEVO

Enjoy!
Re: Insomnia... by ValCon888: 3:16am On Apr 10, 2019
MissRaine69:

I do fall asleep almost straightway but I don’t stay in that state.
I honestly wish i could help. I wouldn't advice you to take drugs to sleep. They could become addictive. Depending on your location, you could see a hypnotherapist who could help you reset your body clock.
One thing is obvious. Your adenosine levels are never at the threshold that can put you to sleep.
Re: Insomnia... by sisisioge: 5:36am On Apr 10, 2019
Let me mention seeex. Got a steady body beside you? You will sleep!

What's the new big thing you're trying to chase? We get unconsciously stressed by the need to get it done asap hence stay awake most of the nights without realizing why?

You just changed house/jobs? That simple reason has been stealing at least 3 hours off my sleep for close to 4months now.

Pele.

1 Like

Re: Insomnia... by elshizzy(m): 6:06am On Apr 10, 2019
We in the same boat. Seem some of us are born that way. We ain't got no regular sleep pattern like normal folks do. Mine has been since childhood. Tried a lot of drugs and still no progress. I guess we the 1% out of the lot.
Re: Insomnia... by MissRaine69(f): 7:32pm On Apr 12, 2019
sisisioge:
Let me mention seeex. Got a steady body beside you? You will sleep!

What's the new big thing you're trying to chase? We get unconsciously stressed by the need to get it done asap hence stay awake most of the nights without realizing why?

You just changed house/jobs? That simple reason has been stealing at least 3 hours off my sleep for close to 4months now.

Pele.

When I say I have tried everything people think I am exaggerating. There is no pharmaceutical conventional and unconventional I have not tried.
Coitus works but I will be awake by 2am.
I have NO stressors as I don’t dwell on things after the fact especially my job. I leave my job at work.
This has been happening since the age of 8 So it’s not a matter of months it’s chronic

1 Like

Re: Insomnia... by MissRaine69(f): 7:35pm On Apr 12, 2019
ValCon888:

I honestly wish i could help. I wouldn't advice you to take drugs to sleep. They could become addictive. Depending on your location, you could see a hypnotherapist who could help you reset your body clock.
One thing is obvious. Your adenosine levels are never at the threshold that can put you to sleep.
Tried hypnotherapy...and I found myself wondering if I had posted a letter or not, my mind is not static and that’s my problem.

1 Like

Re: Insomnia... by mostyg(m): 8:26pm On Apr 12, 2019
MissRaine69:
Ideas welcome.

Do you always have headache or migraine?
Re: Insomnia... by sisisioge: 8:36pm On Apr 12, 2019
MissRaine69:

When I say I have tried everything people think I am exaggerating. There is no pharmaceutical conventional and unconventional I have not tried.
Coitus works but I will be awake by 2am.
I have NO stressors as I don’t dwell on things after the fact especially my job. I leave my job at work.
This has been happening since the age of 8 So it’s not a matter of months it’s chronic

Chai! Well, try to drink a lot of water, eat a lot of veggies and just keep you eyes closed while totally relaxed. It is just as good as sleep. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Insomnia... by MissRaine69(f): 8:44pm On Apr 12, 2019
sisisioge:

Chai! Well, try to drink a lot of water, eat a lot of veggies and just keep you eyes closed while totally relaxed. It is just as good as sleep. It is well.

I drink sufficient water, too much and I will be getting up at night to use the lavatory. Diet is balanced too.
I do relax and meditate

2 Likes

Re: Insomnia... by MissRaine69(f): 8:45pm On Apr 12, 2019
mostyg:

Do you always have headache or migraine?
Not at all
Re: Insomnia... by mostyg(m): 9:03pm On Apr 12, 2019
MissRaine69:

Not at all
Is there a part of the body that pains? E.g chest pain, lower abdominal pain?
Re: Insomnia... by MissRaine69(f): 9:09pm On Apr 12, 2019
mostyg:

Is there a part of the body that pains? E.g chest pain, lower abdominal pain?
From a physical health perspective. I have no aches, pains or issues.

1 Like

Re: Insomnia... by MissRaine69(f): 9:13pm On Apr 12, 2019
SKhanmi:

Tennis twice a week
Swimming everyday
And I don’t drink in the week

1 Like

Re: Insomnia... by MissRaine69(f): 9:18pm On Apr 12, 2019
elshizzy:
We in the same boat. Seem some of us are born that way. We ain't got no regular sleep pattern like normal folks do. Mine has been since childhood. Tried a lot of drugs and still no progress. I guess we the 1% out of the lot.
It’s a reality I have come to accept. I don’t wake up tired not do I feel tired during the day. So 3-4 hours a night is my lot.

1 Like

Re: Insomnia... by sisisioge: 10:04pm On Apr 12, 2019
MissRaine69:

I drink sufficient water, too much and I will be getting up at night to use the lavatory. Diet is balanced too.
I do relax and meditate

In that case...nothing do you. In fact, if it won't work you up, try to be productive while on these vigils. Learn a craft, read, do an online course, maybe dabble in forex or something. You will be absolutely fine. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Insomnia... by MissRaine69(f): 11:06pm On Apr 12, 2019
sisisioge:

In that case...nothing do you. In fact, if it won't work you up, try to be productive while on these vigils. Learn a craft, read, do an online course, maybe dabble in forex or something. You will be absolutely fine. Cheers.
With all due respect my working days are 16+ hours long so I can honestly say I more than productive. As for learning crafts and being online that’s a slippery slope as I have worked towards not stimulating my already hyper-stimulated brain more. I am trying very hard to slow down, unwind and at least rest when sleep is playing hide and seek.

2 Likes

Re: Insomnia... by Nobody: 2:08am On Apr 13, 2019
If you don't want to pop pills you can try smoking indica cannabis, not sativa and certainly not skunk but indica, if you look for it or talk to a weed expert you will definitely find one, though here in Nigeria it's mostly sativa and skunk that they have but i'm sure if you look, you can find indica, because I remember a long time ago my brother used to buy a whole bag of it before he left for the United States.
Re: Insomnia... by sisisioge: 3:27am On Apr 13, 2019
MissRaine69:

With all due respect my working days are 16+ hours long so I can honestly say I more than productive. As for learning crafts and being online that’s a slippery slope as I have worked towards not stimulating my already hyper-stimulated brain more. I am trying very hard to slow down, unwind and at least rest when sleep is playing hide and seek.

grin grin grin grin

You will be fine! May God help us all. 16 hours work life in 24hrs is 7 hours too long biko. It is well. Pele.

1 Like

Re: Insomnia... by Nobody: 3:29am On Apr 13, 2019
elshizzy:

You have Rohypnol yet, pop 3 of those and it will knock you out flat, even a pill head like me always get knocked out after popping 3 of those.
Re: Insomnia... by MissRaine69(f): 5:42am On Apr 13, 2019
sisisioge:

grin grin grin grin

You will be fine! May God help us all. 16 hours work life in 24hrs is 7 hours too long biko. It is well. Pele.
While the world sleeps - someone works
For hospitals to be open 24/7 someone has to work to make that possible
Same with airports
Food production
A lot things are possible because people work
exceedingly long hours to make a lot of things possible.
Such is life.

1 Like

Re: Insomnia... by MissRaine69(f): 6:08am On Apr 13, 2019
mhd5757:

You have Rohypnol yet, pop 3 of those and it will knock you out flat, even a pill head like me always get knocked out after popping 3 of those.
I don’t know where you live and what it is you do for a living . I have to consider my job and know that I am alert and be able to function . Three is over kill. I have to be able to function and be alert the next day. Where I live I would really struggle to find a doctor willing to prescribe it considering it’s banned in a lot of countries and secondly the use of benzodiazepines especially Flunitrazepam for the treatment of severe insomnia is meant to be for a brief time as dependency sets in rather quickly . Third issue I will have to declare it and might not be permitted to drive .I now steer clear of pharmaceuticals.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'you Look Familiar'-guys Please Stop Using This Line. / Am Better Than Your Useless Mother" Girl Tells Men On Facebook, See Hilarious R / Is She Ashamed Of Her Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.