Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe (141037 Views)

'The Palmwine Drinkard' By Amos Tutuola & How It Relates To Social Media Slaying / Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Ann2012(f): 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2019
SheWrites:
Today is my birthday *dancing*

Happy birthday Sis
Wishing you all the best kiss
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by OlufemiWhit(m): 5:02pm On Aug 22, 2019
Happy Birthday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by spiceadole: 5:43pm On Aug 22, 2019
The mistake was ever attending his party.Nice story.
Meanwhile Happy birthday
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by chigozie69: 9:44pm On Aug 22, 2019
Ghost reader....kudos, just loves everything about special writeup. Just cant wait to get the nxt chapters.. meanwhile happy birthday and wonderful life ahead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 10:12pm On Aug 22, 2019
Ann2012:

Happy birthday Sis Wishing you all the best kiss
Thanks
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 10:12pm On Aug 22, 2019
OlufemiWhit:
Happy Birthday
Thanks
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 10:13pm On Aug 22, 2019
spiceadole:
The mistake was ever attending his party.Nice story.
Meanwhile Happy birthday

She wouldn't have gone to the party if Benson wasn't going.

Meanwhile, thanks
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 10:14pm On Aug 22, 2019
chigozie69:
Ghost reader....kudos, just loves everything about special writeup. Just cant wait to get the nxt chapters.. meanwhile happy birthday and wonderful life ahead.

Thanks
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by BIGGIE121(m): 6:38am On Aug 23, 2019
Happy birthday misses shewrites,pls do accept my belated birthday congratulations

pls give us update oooo
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by spiceadole: 6:50am On Aug 23, 2019
SheWrites:

She wouldn't have gone to the party if Benson wasn't going.

Meanwhile, thanks

What if Benson planned it all?
There is nothing men cannot do
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 10:30am On Aug 23, 2019
spiceadole:

What if Benson planned it all? There is nothing men cannot do
Hmmm... food for thought
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 10:30am On Aug 23, 2019
Updates resume today *winks*
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 11:18am On Aug 23, 2019
SASSY AND SLAYING: DIARY OF A SINGLE NAIJA BABE

EPISODE 7

Dear Diary,
22nd January, 2016.

It’s morning… I cried myself to sleep last night. Writing about what happened to me on Saturday night tore my inside to pieces. I don’t know how quickly I am going to heal from this trauma.

It’s a rainy Thursday. It’s being raining all day. I think it began to rain at midnight. Thank God that I am on leave. I hate going to work or anywhere else on rainy days. Something about getting drenched in the rain freaks me out. I am not a cat. I do like water. I cannot swim, but I can play at the edge of a pool. Anytime I am at the beach, I play close to the water, then flee once the waves head my way.

Still on Saturday night… I don’t remember the exact time I got home, but I called my boss, Mrs. Nkiruka, immediately I was safely in my apartment. She picked the call after I had called like a dozen times. And yes, she was pissed because of the ungodly hour I called. But, by the time I explained what Korede Nelson did to me, she became mad, not at me, but at the son of the devil. She was quite aware of the number of women he had dated in the company. She knew his randy history with women. She instructed me to come early to work on Monday and she promised that he wouldn’t go scot free.

I was restless on Sunday. I started to count the hours, wishing for Monday to come speedily. I didn’t visit any of the churches in my area and I literally stayed indoors. I thought of calling my elder sister and my mum. I wanted to tell about what happened to me, but I erased the thoughts from my mind. I didn’t want to involve any of my siblings yet. My mum was another story. She was like a Tigress. She would just rip Korede into shreds. I wanted to see what Mrs. Nkiruka would do on Monday. If I wasn’t satisfied, then, I would involve my family.
Monday came and I went to work. Mrs. Nkiruka also resumed work early. She took me to the HR department to file a report and before noon that day, a panel was formed.

When Korede was brought before members of that panel, his boss, the Head of Accounts, the HR manager, the General Manager (Mrs. Nkiruka) and one of the board of directors, the miserable fowl said that it was consensual! Can you imagine that animal, that excuse of a man, that bastard?!

He denied that he drugged my drink. He denied that he took advantage of me. He said that we both agreed to quench the thirst of our passion by spending some time behind closed doors.

Oh God! I felt like putting my claws on him and giving him permanent tribal marks. If not for my respect for the members of the panel, I would have designed Korede’s body with my nails!

When Benson was brought before the panel, I thought everything was going to go my way. I thought, finally, Korede was in deep poo. But… Benson made matters worse. He said he couldn’t confirm if the whole thing was consensual or drugged rape as I claimed. He said when he found me in Korede’s room, I didn’t make any attempt to shout or scream or cry out for help and he didn’t see me fighting the birthday boy off.

How dumb can this guy be? How was I supposed to scream when my vocal chords were not responding? How was I supposed to fight the monster off when my body was weakened by the drugs flowing in my bloodstream?

After Benson’s statement, the case was adjourned. The panel planned to reconvene the next morning. Mrs. Nkiruka asked me to be patient. She promised to do everything in her power to seek justice for me. She told me to go home and come back on Tuesday morning.

I was sad and angry at the same time. I went home and towards that evening, someone claiming to be Korede’s uncle called me. He said that Korede was engaged to the daughter of a family friend, one of the business magnets in the country, and the wedding was in three months. If the girl’s family got wind of the rape case, the wedding would not hold and Korede’s family’s name would be dragged in mud. The company too would be hit with missiles from the press, their competitors, investors and what not. It wouldn’t be business as usual for Skylight Properties.

And so what? What’s my own? Why didn’t the boy think of all that before he decided to eat my cookie? Why didn’t he count the cost before he decided to take advantage of me? Why didn’t he use his brain, why did he think with his third leg?

The man said if I dropped the case, Korede would be punished by his family and he will also be sacked. As the man was talking, I got an alert of five million naira and a text message saying the money was for ‘damages’.

I was angry and shocked at the same time. I didn’t want their useless money. I wanted Korede to pay for what he did to me. This will save any other girl from his fangs in the nearest future. I wasn’t prepared to drop the case and I planned to return the five million naira to Korede’s uncle.

I couldn’t sleep on Monday night. I kept dreaming of how Korede pounded me. When I got to work on Tuesday morning, the panel called me and they said Korede had been sacked. They said my monthly salary had been doubled and my promotion which was due in two years, had been moved forward by a year! All I needed to do was to drop the case. For the sake of the company. Skylight Properties was running several international contracts and the rape case could make them lose everything.

I knew that Korede’s family was behind it all. I started to cry. Mrs. Nkiruka stepped forward and asked me to let the case go. She said I would be fighting a losing battle if I decided to take on Korede and his family, alongside Skylight Properties. She said I should try to be more careful next time. She said I should take the rest of the week off and resume work next week Monday.

Ah! Right then and there, I knew that if I didn’t drop the case, I wouldn’t just be fighting Korede. I would also be at loggerheads with my employers, the Nelson’s family and only God knows who else. Who am I? I am not David who slew Goliath. I am not Samson who defeated thousands of Philistines. I am not Wonder Woman, neither do I have supernatural powers. What am I going to fight this people with? I am not even Dangote’s daughter and I do not have the kind of money this people have. I didn’t like the way everything had gone, but there was nothing I could do about it. I wasn’t financially ready for this kind of war. There and then, I sheathed my sword and signed for peace. Yes, they made me sign documents indicating my silence and establishing my salary increase and fast-forwarded promotion date.

I saw Benson on my way home, I tried to talk to him, but he said something about having an urgent meeting. I knew that he was avoiding me. I am not even sure what he believed. Did he really believe that I had consensual sex with Korede?

I think… I think I have lost Benson. I think our love story ended before it even started.

I am not looking forward to resuming work on Monday. But, at least, I won’t run into Korede at the office again. He had been sacked. But it wasn’t enough…

What am I going to do with the five million naira Korede’s uncle gave me? I don’t want it. I am not going to touch that money. It is like blood money.

I long for the day my nightmares will end…

I long for the day the ache in my heart will fade away…

And I long for the day love will find me again… hopefully soon…

Got to go diary…

I am not feeling too well.

I will write tomorrow, or maybe next tomorrow… I don’t know yet…

Bye.

8 Likes

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 23, 2019
I am human rights lawyer Shewrites contact me ASAP
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by jenifer007: 11:56am On Aug 23, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 12:08pm On Aug 23, 2019
Shola2019:
I am human rights lawyer Shewrites contact me ASAP

On it ma'am...
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 12:08pm On Aug 23, 2019
jenifer007:
Thanks for the update
*winks*
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by divinelypruned(f): 1:44pm On Aug 23, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 2:52pm On Aug 23, 2019
divinelypruned:
Thanks for the update
You're welcome
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by MylezKayn(m): 2:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
Nice Work SheWrites. You can contact segalink to press charges, you know wink
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Torresmannl(m): 3:42pm On Aug 23, 2019
Shewrites you are gifted, super talented and your updates are worth the wait. Nice update. I think this story should go beyond this platform. More grace ma�
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by izaray(f): 4:14pm On Aug 23, 2019
Thank you so much Shewrites
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by izaray(f): 4:14pm On Aug 23, 2019
Happy birthday to you
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by phenzy(m): 6:38pm On Aug 23, 2019
Nice one shewrites...more power to your elbow
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Ann2012(f): 7:18pm On Aug 23, 2019
Pls I need Korede's house address, I want to castrate him....shikena angry
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 11:20pm On Aug 23, 2019
MylezKayn:
Nice Work SheWrites. You can contact segalink to press charges, you know wink

Lol... true... I will inform Nwankego.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 11:21pm On Aug 23, 2019
Torresmannl:
Shewrites you are gifted, super talented and your updates are worth the wait. Nice update. I think this story should go beyond this platform. More grace ma�

Thank you so much.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 11:22pm On Aug 23, 2019
izaray:
Thank you so much Shewrites
You're welcome
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 11:23pm On Aug 23, 2019
izaray:
Happy birthday to you
Thank you
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 11:23pm On Aug 23, 2019
phenzy:
Nice one shewrites...more power to your elbow

Thanks
Ann2012:
Pls I need Korede's house address, I want to castrate him....shikena angry

He lives on the island. Will DM you the location.

1 Like

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Oremeyii(f): 12:55am On Aug 24, 2019
I joined nairaland because of this story, I read Bukky alakara as a ghost reader (on freebasics)
I must say, from the beginning, I thought it'd be quirky and funny all through, was thinking it'd be like one of those chicklit books on wattpad, but when I read abt the night at the party!
It's a very nice twist tho' but Korede's act was really horrible, hope karma catches up with him.....I also hope she won't be pregnant sad
In a nutshell, She writes you're a very good author and I must say that I love ur books

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Beneath My Heart / Mask Hunter / Birthmark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.