Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe (141144 Views)

'The Palmwine Drinkard' By Amos Tutuola & How It Relates To Social Media Slaying / Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by BIGGIE121(m): 6:26am On Aug 24, 2019
Lit update as always , thanks for updating
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by spiceadole: 8:17am On Aug 24, 2019
Oremeyii:
I joined nairaland because of this story, I read Bukky alakara as a ghost reader (on freebasics)
I must say, from the beginning, I thought it'd be quirky and funny all through, was thinking it'd be like one of those chicklit books on wattpad, but when I read abt the night at the party!
It's a very nice twist tho' but Korede's act was really horrible, hope karma catches up with him.....I also hope she won't be pregnant sad
In a nutshell, She writes you're a very good author and I must say that I love ur books

That's what ignorance does.
A lady is raped by an unknown man..
The hospital is the first place she should visit.
Get contraceptive to prevent unwanted pregnancy and post exposure prophylaxis against HIV but as expected,I didn't see that in this story.
Next thing,she will get pregnant or worse,become HIV positive.
I weep for the level of ignorance in Nigeria,even among the so called elites.

Let the story continue..
Next twist will be pregnancy.
Let's watch.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Lordshola: 11:35am On Aug 24, 2019
spiceadole:

Get contraceptive to prevent unwanted pregnancy and post exposure prophylaxis against HIV but as expected,I didn't see that in this story.

Let the story continue..
Let's watch.

Nice one Co-author.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Michelle55: 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2019
Lordshola:

Nice one Co-author.
Lol.. Exactly what I wanted to type cheesy She's in the writer's head to know the next plot and twist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by OPC90(m): 6:31pm On Aug 24, 2019
Honey apart from your hatred on him
Did you enjoyed it At least 10%
Be truthful
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by OPC90(m): 6:31pm On Aug 24, 2019
Be truthful
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 11:02pm On Aug 24, 2019
Oremeyii:
I joined nairaland because of this story, I read Bukky alakara as a ghost reader (on freebasics)
I must say, from the beginning, I thought it'd be quirky and funny all through, was thinking it'd be like one of those chicklit books on wattpad, but when I read abt the night at the party!
It's a very nice twist tho' but Korede's act was really horrible, hope karma catches up with him.....I also hope she won't be pregnant sad
In a nutshell, She writes you're a very good author and I must say that I love ur books

Thank you soooo much.
I am honoured *takes-a-bow*

2 Likes

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 11:03pm On Aug 24, 2019
BIGGIE121:
Lit update as always , thanks for updating
*winks*
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 11:03pm On Aug 24, 2019
spiceadole:

Let the story continue..
Let's watch.

hmmmmmm....
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 11:04pm On Aug 24, 2019
Lordshola:

Nice one Co-author.
Lol...
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 11:05pm On Aug 24, 2019
OPC90:
Be truthful
Ah! See question!

1 Like

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 11:06pm On Aug 24, 2019
Michelle55:

Lol.. Exactly what I wanted to type cheesy She's in the writer's head to know the next plot and twist

Hmmm... who can really get in my head?
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Legitn(m): 5:31am On Aug 25, 2019
Nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Gloriagee(f): 11:41pm On Aug 25, 2019
No she didn't. Only perverts enjoy rape... so next time u want to rationalise such a beastly act by claiming she 'enjoyed' it, remember no sane woman would.

OPC90:

Did you enjoyed it
At least 10%

Be truthful

4 Likes

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by PrudySara(f): 10:52pm On Aug 26, 2019
SheWrites... Belated Happy birthday dear...
Diary, I'm not really happy. Karma must catch up with Korede, he can't go scot free after what he did...
Hope she's gone to get tested, she can't get pregnant for him oh!
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 9:02pm On Aug 27, 2019
PrudySara:
SheWrites... Belated Happy birthday dear...
Diary, I'm not really happy. Karma must catch up with Korede, he can't go scot free after what he did...
Hope she's gone to get tested, she can't get pregnant for him oh!
Thanks babes *hugs*
The likes of Korede never go scot free.

1 Like

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by PrudySara(f): 12:14pm On Sep 02, 2019
Updates please
SheWrites:

Thanks babes *hugs*
The likes of Korede never go scot free.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 2:34pm On Sep 02, 2019
Happy New Month everyone!
The story continues...
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by izaray(f): 2:41pm On Sep 02, 2019
SheWrites:
Happy New Month everyone!

The story continues...
Same to sis, abeg update o
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 3:33pm On Sep 02, 2019
SASSY AND SLAYING: DIARY OF A SINGLE NAIJA BABE

EPISODE EIGHT

Dear Diary,
23rd January, 2016.

Today is Friday. I used to like Fridays. Okay, I still do. I love Fridays. The end of my working week and the beginning of my weekend. That’s Friday for me.

It was sunny this Friday morning. I’m still on leave from work by the way. My little holiday from work is almost over. Mrs. Nkiruka expects me to resume on Monday. I am not looking forward to going back to work anytime soon though.

I was enjoying my sleep, after a long night flooded with nightmares. I think I found sleep at about 3 a.m. or so. I was thinking I would sleep till noon, but unfortunately, I was woken by screams, shouts and whatnot from within my compound.

When I got up and went to my window, I saw Toro and Timi exchanging blows! This two again! They were fighting as if there was a sort of trophy that the winner would get.
I didn’t get enough sleep last night. I was physically and emotionally tired and I wanted to sleep so bad that my head ached. But of course, their noise was an unwelcomed interruption. These maniacs were at it again!

Diary, I have had it up to here (I am pointing at my jaw-line right now).

I don’t care what started their fight or quarrel. I just want them to stop! I want them to go back into their apartment and sort it out. They can’t keep disturbing the entire neighbourhood like this. This is ridiculous!

I was almost tempted to fill a bucket with cold water and empty it on the wrestling couple. If I had done that, the situation would have escalated to World War 3 and the couple would have turned on me! Two against one! That equation was totally unfair.

I left the window and went to the kitchen to make myself something to eat. Came back and settled on the leather settee with a plate of steaming noodles with fried chicken. I turned on the television and kept changing channels while I ate. I increased the volume of the television, in order to drown out Itoro and Timi’s voices.

Nothing seemed to interest me anyway. My favourite soap operas did nothing to lighten my mood. I was still feeling angry and hurt and violated.

I am still angry because I had to drop the rape case and let that animal go because of the big gods behind him. The five million naira in my account makes it worse. I am not going to touch that money, not even in a million years! It can rot in my savings account for all I care.

When I got bored of changing channels, I tried to sleep again, but, my eyes were clear and wide opened. I have been officially evicted from Slumber land. I took my bath, brushed my teeth, oiled my braids and stepped out in a jean and tee-shirt.

Maybe taking a stroll would refresh me, I thought. I walked past Itoro and Timi. They were still raining curses on their generations unborn! Yuck!

I went down the street, looking at nothing in particular. I think the Mallam selling suya greeted me. Can’t really remember if I responded or just waved at him.

I liked the cool breeze against my face. I think I found it refreshing. My thoughts were blank by the time I got to the junction. I turned around and headed back home. I was like a wandering lost soul. I felt so sorry for myself.

I thought of what I would prepare for lunch. Maybe I would eat out. Maybe I would feel better if I took myself out. Maybe being around other people, strangers mostly, would get my mind off my predicament.

I can’t stay holed up in the house all week. Abi?

When I got back to the compound, thankfully, Itoro and her live-in-lover were nowhere in sight. Hopefully, they were back in their apartment, thrashing their issues. They better not come out of their flat again, or else, I will pour cold water on them this time around. They are not the only humans with loosed bolt nuts in their brains.
I went to the back of my flat to check on the clothes I hung on the clothing lines. Some of my clothes were almost dried. The rest were somewhat damp.

Out of the blues, I began to hear strange sounds. I strained my ears. The noise was coming from Sam, the S.U brother’s apartment.

I left my clothes and tiptoed to one of the windows in his flat. The window was opened and the curtain was tied in a knot in the middle. I looked around, hoping no one would catch me peeping into Bro. Sam’s flat. Thankfully, I was in the clear.

I peeped and I saw Bro. Sam and that choir sister, that friend of his that visits on a regular basis. Both of them were on the bed, stark naked!

I was paralyzed with shock for the next few seconds. It was none of my business whether they were engaged or dating or just friends. But the fact that they were having sex, after the bible that they carry on their heads like water pots, says that God doesn’t support sex before marriage, that fact made me angrier.

Bro. Sam wasn’t practicing what he preached. He wasn’t a good example of the gospel he gladly embraced with vigor.

I am highly disappointed.

The way he was ramming into her, like a cow on heat, and the way she was moaning and calling out his name, it made me berserk.

I stepped away from the window and half-walked, half-ran, back to my flat. I locked myself in and collapsed on the floor. I felt… I felt…
This choir sister freely gave herself to Bro. Sam. Bro. Sam was busy enjoying what he had been freely given. This was sex with mutual consent. It was totally different from what… from what that animal did to me.

He took from me without my consent. I am not claiming to be a virgin. Neither do I claim to despise sex. I actually enjoy it. But, I prefer to sleep with people I like, people I am attracted to, people I fall in love with.

I don’t sleep with dogs, spineless fowls and unchained animals. I do not throw my pearls before pigs, before imps like Korede. The likes of him are so far away from my consent list, like the sky is far from the earth.

I wish… I wish… I just wish I didn’t allow Benson to take me to the party that night. I wish I had convinced him to take me elsewhere, far away from Korede’s place.

Maybe by now, Benson would have told me what he wanted to tell me that night. Maybe by now, we would… we would have started dating. Maybe by now, our love story would have begun.
But, now… now everything is completely hopeless. I can discern where my fate lies with him. It was over…

I hate you KOREDE NELSON!!! ! ! ! ! ! I hate you!

11 Likes

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 02, 2019
thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Ann2012(f): 4:38pm On Sep 02, 2019
It's actually not Benson's fault but the monster Korede's own, I pray he meets his doom sooner than expected

Thanks for the update and happy new month everyone
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2019
Shola2019:
thanks for the update
You're welcome
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2019
Ann2012:
It's actually not Benson's fault but the monster Korede's own, I pray he meets his doom sooner than expected

Thanks for the update and happy new month everyone

*winks*

1 Like

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by jenifer007: 9:43pm On Sep 02, 2019
Shewrites ooooooosheyyyyyyyyyy..... Nice update as usual
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 10:03pm On Sep 02, 2019
jenifer007:
Shewrites ooooooosheyyyyyyyyyy..... Nice update as usual

Lol... thanks
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by pweetychyka(f): 5:13pm On Sep 03, 2019
smiley smiley smiley smiley

Momma always ontop of her game

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 5:37pm On Sep 03, 2019
pweetychyka:
smiley smiley smiley smiley
Momma always ontop of her game
*winks*
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by PrudySara(f): 11:16am On Sep 06, 2019
...but, Benson would have at least hear her out. Nice one SheWrites..
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 1:36pm On Sep 06, 2019
PrudySara:
...but, Benson would have at least hear her out.
Nice one SheWrites..

Abi... Some men sha. Let's see how it goes.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Noblefirstlady: 7:00pm On Sep 06, 2019
If I were her I would stop talking to Benson. He was the one that took her to the party for God sake, he couldn't even help her and now he is avoiding her even after finding out that she was raped.

To hell with Benson, he isn't the only guy alive

1 Like

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 7:35am On Sep 07, 2019
Noblefirstlady:
If I were her I would stop talking to Benson. He was the one that took her to the party for God sake, he couldn't even help her and now he is avoiding her even after finding out that she was raped.

To hell with Benson, he isn't the only guy alive

Hmmmmmm...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Beneath My Heart / Mask Hunter / Birthmark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.