Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,959 members, 7,810,650 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

I May Be Slow But I Do Not Loot -buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I May Be Slow But I Do Not Loot -buhari (24215 Views)

If Gen Gowon Did Not Loot CBN ,he Went To Loot National Treasures At The Museum / Abacha Did Not Loot, The Thieves Were Abubakar, Obasanjo, Jonathan- Al-mustapha / "You Were Baba Go Slow, But Now You're Baba Reverse— Reno Omokri Blasts Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I May Be Slow But I Do Not Loot -buhari by smeag0l(m): 11:07pm On Apr 10, 2019
This inflation was also talked about during GEJ''s regime and it was also clarified as an inflation on the side of petroleum product marketers as they always ask for more.
plaetton:

So the government has nothing to do with, and should be exonerated from the inflation and siphoning of subsidy funds that run into N600 billion over a one year period ?

Then who is I charge of dishing out Nigeria's funds ?
Who is in charge ?

Oh,
The writer of a major Nigerian newspaper doesn't know what he or she is talking about, but you do , and we should accept your half baked, incoherent, innuendo-laced nonsense as the truth ?

I don't know whether you deserve scorn or pity.
Re: I May Be Slow But I Do Not Loot -buhari by plaetton: 11:12pm On Apr 10, 2019
smeag0l:
You are even the one that's supposed to read the article you posted before commenting. The increase in subsidy was as a result of inflated local consumption of petroleum products. Who determines what is imported into the local market?the president and the minister of petroleum ?stop commenting on subjects you know nothing about. There's something called round tripping which the marketers are guilty of although it wasn't mentioned in the article you posted. What was mentioned as the cause was outsmuggling of the products to neighboring countries. This is also something the marketers and not the government control.You're exclaiming "gosh" and asking me if I didon't see the word inflated as if when I see it then it automatically means government inflated prices. I stayed for minutes when I read your response shaking my head in pity at your ignorance.
Just read and reread your post, and see how really dumb it sounds.
Its the marketers fault, it is the importers fault, it is the consumer's fault, it is everyone's fault except the fxxing government.
What in God's name does your government ever do? What is it responsible for ?
A shameless government that runs away from any responsibility and aportions blame anyone it can find.

4 Likes

Re: I May Be Slow But I Do Not Loot -buhari by chernest2002: 11:13pm On Apr 10, 2019
This is animal talk, you don't steal, the economy is bad, try stealing and let's compare and contrast.

1 Like

Re: I May Be Slow But I Do Not Loot -buhari by smeag0l(m): 11:19pm On Apr 10, 2019
The marketers are the importers. I don't have to respond to you again cos you know next to nothing about this subject except that subsidy was 600 billion more than it was in 2017. Go enlighten yourself and then come back to discuss with me. I have a job to attend to tomorrow morning and need to sleep
plaetton:

Just read and reread your post, and see how really dumb it sounds.
Its the marketers fault, it is the importers fault, it is the consumer's fault, it is everyone's fault except the fxxing government.
What in God's name does your government ever do? What is it responsible for ?
A shameless government that runs away from any responsibility and aportions blame anyone it can find.
Re: I May Be Slow But I Do Not Loot -buhari by plaetton: 11:38pm On Apr 10, 2019
smeag0l:
Like I said, the writer cannot be more vast in this subject than I am. I'm a registered engineer with the nigerian society of engineers in Nigeria that works in this industry. You don't give them the money, they shut down supplies and stifle the economy. This is why the government is giving dangote every support they can to build that refinery. I've mentioned to you people who are culpable in this subsidy scam in my earlier responses. OBJ has a refinery in Sao tome and principe. Arthur eze owns a refinery in equity rial guinea, theo danjuma and babangida also own refineries. Is it these calibre of people that you will now tell that you pay them 700 billion when you actually pay then 100 billion and they won't shout?weren't all these guys against the government in the past elections?your hate for buhari won't make you think logically. Next time when you read articles,follow the news and digest it instead of misinterpreting and misinforming people.
The hypocrisy is nauseating.
During GEJ era , the same scenario was called corruption, cluelessness, etc. Buhari was supposedly elected to right the wrongs of the previous administration. Now, you are here , suffering from cognitive dissonance, trying to rationalize why the present government should not be blamed for the brazen corruption that is costing the Nigerian public N600 billion last year alone.
Don't you guys have any shame?

3 Likes

Re: I May Be Slow But I Do Not Loot -buhari by plaetton: 11:46pm On Apr 10, 2019
smeag0l:
The marketers are the importers. I don't have to respond to you again cos you know next to nothing about this subject except that subsidy was 600 billion more than it was in 2017. Go enlighten yourself and then come back to discuss with me. I have a job to attend to tomorrow morning and need to sleep

Oh, subsidy was N600 billion more than the previous year ?

Oh wait ! Didn't someone say during 2014 campaign that fuel subsidy was a scam ?

So we are paying more fuel subsidy now than during the GEJ era ?
How come ?

Haven't you heard that NNPC had been reluctant to tell Nigerians, even the legislature, how much the government has been paying in fuel subsidies ?

It took the unbiased publications from the IMF for Nigerians to know that our government, the government of Mr Integrity, has been supervising and covering up the corruption and stench of fuel subsidy fraud.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I May Be Slow But I Do Not Loot -buhari by smeag0l(m): 12:01am On Apr 11, 2019
plaetton:

Oh, subsidy was N600 billion more than the previous year ?

Oh wait ! Didn't someone say during 2014 campaign that fuel subsidy was a scam ?

So we are paying more fuel subsidy now than during the GEJ era ?
How come ?

Haven't you heard that NNPC had been reluctant to tell Nigerians, even the legislature, how much the government has been paying in fuel subsidies ?

It took the unbiased publications from the IMF for Nigerians to know that our government, the government of Mr Integrity, has been supervising and covering up the corruption and stench of fuel subsidy fraud.
Re: I May Be Slow But I Do Not Loot -buhari by Sethmbada(m): 2:33am On Apr 11, 2019
End time slowness cool cool cool cool
Re: I May Be Slow But I Do Not Loot -buhari by jchioma: 4:40am On Apr 11, 2019
SachaBastien:
we put about six tribunals base on the geopolitical zones
The six geopolitical zones were created in the time of Abacha. Historical distortion.

other than the president and the Vice President, the others, I put them in Kiri-Kiri, and I told them they are guilty until they can prove themselves innocent.
The President lies! You locked up Ekwueme in prison but put your brother Shagari in a comfortable house under "house arrest".

I may be ‘Baba go slow’ but I didn’t loot
Being bereft of ideas on how to fast track development and social advancement is not a virtue. You are slow and it shows in the economy slowing down.

Re: I May Be Slow But I Do Not Loot -buhari by jchioma: 4:47am On Apr 11, 2019
smeag0l:
This inflation was also talked about during GEJ''s regime and it was also clarified as an inflation on the side of petroleum product marketers as they always ask for more.

So what has changed under this useless buhari's government?
Re: I May Be Slow But I Do Not Loot -buhari by smeag0l(m): 7:44am On Apr 11, 2019
Which is what tells you that there are forces bigger than the government controlling subsidy. The only thin the govermantel can do is to either let it be and keep paying for it or remove it and deregulate the market.
jchioma:

So what has changed under this useless buhari's government?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hate Speech Bill: Senate Urges Nigerians To Be Patient / Petrol Prices Increases By 36%, Sells For N149 / As Long As I’m Alive, I’ll Keep Pursuing Presidency – Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.