Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,588 members, 7,955,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:33 PM

My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help (37170 Views)

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by Emycord: 1:26am On Apr 20, 2019
joystarts:
Hi guys, I really need some advice

My mom is so troublesome... She's always looking for people trouble, always ready for a fight. In the area in which we live in she has quarrel with all the people.

Our Tenants always move out after their rent has expired, i have tried to talk to her but she doesn't listen. Each time I try to she calls me a bastard and all sort of horrible names and tell me she is going to kill me, countless of times she has used a knife to threaten me.

My dad doesn't live with us but he is worst (I had a rough childhood). My mom has countless of times told me to leave her house which i plan on doing by next year but I can't take this anymore.

She is always being arrested and the worst part is the fact that she is educated. Am pretty sure that she has seen the police station than most policemen, I don't associate with people so not to attract problems to myself because she insults them.
are you guys from niger delta?
Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 20, 2019
The Joy of the Lord Jesus
2 Corinthians 7:7 And not by his coming only, but by the consolation wherewith he was comforted in you, when he told us your earnest desire, your mourning, your fervent mind toward me; so that I rejoiced the more.
7:9 Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.
7:10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
7:11 For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.
7:15 And his inward affection is more abundant toward you, whilst he remembereth the obedience of you all, how with fear and trembling ye received him.
7:16 I rejoice therefore that I have confidence in you in all things.
Beloved, from the text above Apostle Paul was happy and full of joy of what he was told by Titus about the Corinthians.
... The Corinthians were still fervent, having earnest desire and their repentance after being preached to.
... The Corinthians were sorry for their sins and repented.
... The Corinthians were all obedient
Beloved, if these were the Joy of Apostle Paul, how do you think Jesus will rejoice over these people? The Joy of the Jesus is that;
... His death is not in vain
... His people are still fervent
... Having the earnest desire to love Him more
... Are still obedient to His words and last command to bring souls to His kingdom. His joy is seeing you expressing His love towards your fellow man but beloved
Are you giving Jesus joy? Or
Are you causing Him pain?
Are you nailing Him back to the cross?
Beloved, let your life be a joy to Jesus. He has given all for you and He expects you to give Him all - your life, your commitment, your time, your thirst, your hunger, your desire, your love, spirit, soul, heart, body and mind.
Beloved, don't let the death of Jesus be in vain, wake up!!! Let Jesus rejoice over you, don't make Him weep over you. He knows that you will face tribulations, that is why He gave you the Holy Spirit to comfort you. He gave you all and He is expecting you to do likewise.
Are you going to do that?
Please do, don't let His death and sufferings be vain. Repent of your sins, be fervent and steadfast, continue in His love, live for Him and Him alone and be obedient to Him from now henceforth. Be a Joy to Him. GOD bless you.
Are you reading this text and you have not given your life to Christ, the time is now, don't wait any longer, He wants you to accept Him today. He has been knocking, the time is now, He died that you may be saved from the hold of sins and darkness of this world.
If you have decided to accept Him, say the following;
Lord Jesus, I accept and acknowledge you as my Lord and Saviour. Come into my life and take charge of my life.
Hallelujah!!!, you are saved. If you have done this, text this number +2347012859552.
GOD bless you.
Shalom.
#AcceptChrist
#LiveforChrist
Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by bellong: 1:28am On Apr 20, 2019
Ishilove:

Puhleeze! Not everything is medical o jare. Nastiness, trouble making and verbal abusiveness is a character flaw, not a medical condition.

Maybe, maybe not. It is not every antisocial behaviour is character flaws. The behaviours she is exhibiting maybe to mask some deep seated psychological issues. She may be having serious mental health challenges that quarreling with neighbours gives her succour.

I believe a professional help can ameliorate her problems. It may not completely solve it but can reduce her level of aggression. I will not rule out oppositional defiant behaviour as the foundation of her adulthood problems.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by oduademon: 1:31am On Apr 20, 2019
Ishilove:

Puhleeze! Not everything is medical o jare. Nastiness, trouble making and verbal abusiveness is a character flaw, not a medical condition.

Long time, Ishilove.

You are still here.

Love
Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by Spatta: 1:43am On Apr 20, 2019
OP i feel your pain. guess why Your father left, He left to avoid trouble that will link him to her
Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by CaptMarvel(m): 1:45am On Apr 20, 2019
Leave
Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by FILEBE(m): 1:47am On Apr 20, 2019
sotall:

Haba! Which kain advise be this? undecided undecided

Please pay no attention to him. He is not alright.
Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by doyinbaby(f): 1:52am On Apr 20, 2019
If you are sure it not a psychiatric issue and she is just troublesome......park your load and leave her if you not she use her character to smear you negatively ....be wise..... however before you move out....get her account number so that as a good child you can support her .....,......... but as I said if you are sure it is a character flaw... move don't let her use her bad behaviour smear you. .......you have your life to live

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by ollie86(m): 1:58am On Apr 20, 2019
Pls just be calm with her. She might be going through a lot.
Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by sophiathefirst: 2:08am On Apr 20, 2019
Nne this,one has passed physical things,ooh
It has entered the spiritual warfare
Prayer and deliverance is need for your family.
This is not peace mediation anything na. Serious prayer ur family need. And since u can see the problem then tackle the problem through the spiritual realm.
I didn't say u should go to people to those that will prophesy to u or ur family or all those seers that will come and add to ur problem.
A beg go to any catholic priest (especially ministerial priests) or any bible believing Pentecostal church
Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by AreaFada2: 2:13am On Apr 20, 2019
OP, your mum might be suffering from personality disorder, probably borderline PD. Some might even classify it as anti-social personality disorder, since no self-harm is involved. But only an expert can determine that after appropriate consultations. Even at that, because several mental health conditions co-exist (mood disorders are common in personality disorder patients for example) and the person in question might not readily manifest some of the symptoms to match the diagnostic criteria, a seasoned expert might still struggle to get it right sometimes.

Basically, your mum is not doing it on purpose. It's an illness. And she needs help.

Mental health conditions are VERY common in Nigeria. The vast majority are not diagnosed as only very few seek help. Especially because of the stigma attached to it. It's costing us heavily in terms of family & societal cohesion, crime and economic loss.

If you have other siblings or trusted close relatives, enlist their help. She will resist and raise dust but persevere.

Madness is only a tiny part of mental health issues. Explain that to her. She's NOT MAD. You can just tell her she needs help to cope with emotional issues. That it's not her fault. Abandoning her will cause more problems. And you might come to regret it seriously for running away.

Before that, try to catch her in a happy mood and respectfully find out about her childhood. Most personality disorder sufferers had a very harsh, difficult or even traumatic experience earlier in life. The high number of inmates with personality disorder is no coincidence.

Good luck!

9 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by sophiathefirst: 2:14am On Apr 20, 2019
joystarts:

that's exactly what she does .....I don't support her and am the one that makes people not to respect her
Try and get ur own apartment.
Your family will always be ur family. But u can save them. Nne this,one has passed physical things,ooh
It has entered the spiritual warfare
Prayer and deliverance is need for your family.
This is not a peace mediation anything at all. Na Serious prayer ur family need. And since u can see the problem then tackle the problem through the spiritual realm.
I didn't say u should go to people to those that will prophesy to u or ur family or all those seers that will come and add to ur problem.
A beg go to any catholic priest (especially ministerial priests) or a pastor at any bible believing Pentecostal church. Explain to them ur problem. Pray
Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by Borntofuck: 2:16am On Apr 20, 2019
Your mum needs love , you people should show her love,
Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by sisqo1759(m): 2:31am On Apr 20, 2019
Be careful so her troublesome act won't affect your marriage

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by katoto: 3:14am On Apr 20, 2019
This your case is genetical n hereditary.It will take the grace of God to settle it.
Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by Originalsly: 3:16am On Apr 20, 2019
joystarts:

I really need some advice

My mom is so troublesome.

Find a place to.stay.... farrr away. The next time she tells you to move out.... do so. Drop off the map... no trace... no communication.... for a month... then a brief phone call. Let her remain locked up.... no bail.... see how quick she'll straighten herself.
Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by IamPlato(m): 3:17am On Apr 20, 2019
MissRaine69:
Education does not make one’s personality.If your own mother threatens with you a knife, it’s time you put your own life first. Life is hard but if you are adult. Save and move out. It might be hard at first but life is not meant to be easy.
na you get that lap on your profile?
Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by Mayflowa(m): 3:27am On Apr 20, 2019
Shibaraba:
Talk to her,and find out what's wrong with her. Even if youre afraid of doing so from what ive deduced.

Besides when the grow older they always calm down. So be patient.

Grow older? When she already has a son that can reason through things as this one!
Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by Geesanni: 3:48am On Apr 20, 2019
She has mental disorder.she needs help but she may b too proud to follow u to see a psych.just hire a consultant to see her privately if u can afford it
joystarts:

My mom is so troublesome... She's always looking for people trouble, always ready for a fight. In the area in which we live in she has quarrel with all the people.

Our Tenants always move out after their rent has expired, i have tried to talk to her but she doesn't listen. Each time I try to she calls me a bastard and all sort of horrible names and tell me she is going to kill me, countless of times she has used a knife to threaten me.

My dad doesn't live with us but he is worst (I had a rough childhood). My mom has countless of times told me to leave her house which i plan on doing by next year but I can't take this anymore.

She is always being arrested and the worst part is the fact that she is educated. Am pretty sure that she has seen the police station than most policemen, I don't associate with people so not to attract problems to myself because she insults them.

But am tired of always getting her out of trouble.. Pease help me...I really need the help
Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by Nobody: 3:50am On Apr 20, 2019
Ishilove:

Are character flaws spiritual? Can a nasty temperament be 'cured' by science?

Madam you are a bit ignorant there. You believe this woman doesn’t have health issues? It’s not every health problem that is characterised by wounds, infections and traumas.
This woman from her daughters narrations shows several signs. You believe all those unwarranted outbursts, aggressions whether verbal or near physical and consistent hostilities are simple character flaws and have nothing to do with mental health??

Even people with less similar cases would be in anger management classes getting their conditions sorted.
Don’t forget her daughter had been threatened with a knife. That’s how serious cases are either ignored or misdiagnosed till something very unpleasant happens.

That woman needs professional help. Her issues are deeper than what you’ve been told.

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by stainmicheal: 3:59am On Apr 20, 2019
Put her in prayers...it's not normal
Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 4:08am On Apr 20, 2019
sacx:

I recommend you take this advice. But increase the number of days by five and make it seven. You can thank Ishilove later and give me a bottle of red wine grin
you are troublesome than Op's mother, I'm very sure.
Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by 11doubledee: 4:16am On Apr 20, 2019
Empiree:
Deal with it bro. She's your mom. Mama can not be exchanged.

Do you have idea how much trouble you caused as a child when you knew nothing?. She most likely got into trouble countless times bcus of you too.

You can always move out and rent your own place but you can't do away with her behavior. Deal with this mess with maturity.

She's your mama and she remains so in your life ..... FOREVER. You understand?.

Stop complaining about your mother in public. Grow up
Just thank God for your own,some parents ehn.......
I sense love and a little bit of frustration in the write up, not necessarily to demonize the mum.
Just wanting other peoples opinion,probably she has exhausted every diplomatic way of handling the issue.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by olaolaking: 4:17am On Apr 20, 2019
Ishilove:

Likely a mental issue. She always ready to fight. She is violent. There 70 percent probability that it is mental based on experience
Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by dochenaj: 4:18am On Apr 20, 2019
Ishilove:

From the OP's narration, Mama is cantekerous and verbally abusive, but not violent so there's no chance of her commiting murder. Perhaps she can push someone into suicide with her bad mouth but she won't take a weapon to wreak havoc.
Fact is the woman cannot change so it is left for daughter to make her own way in life, in the opposite direction.
She has attacked the op with knife, threatening her on countless occasions.
She might not commit murder, but anyone who can loosely charge at another with a weapon, could one day end up with manslaughter on their hands.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by tempest01(m): 4:22am On Apr 20, 2019
joystarts:

But am tired of always getting her out of trouble.. Pease help me...I really need the help

Tjis one na spirit of anger....take am go TB Joshua for deliverance.
Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by ikorodureporta: 4:57am On Apr 20, 2019
Is that Kemi Olunloyo

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by waass777: 5:26am On Apr 20, 2019
joystarts:

that's exactly what she does .....I don't support her and am the one that makes people not to respect her

You have to move out quickly to a place far from her. Give her no hint before you leave please. This is the only way to help her to start calming down gradually. Continue to cater for her, but visit her less often.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by obowunmi(m): 5:27am On Apr 20, 2019
Your mom is mentally ill.
Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by Akuruoulo(m): 5:30am On Apr 20, 2019
joystarts:

. dear did u see ur maternal grandparents ? ask them what is wrong with their daughter, because they are the ones that knows her very much .

maybe this might be a curse someone laid on her . not trying to sound irritating, but think curse is one thing that changes ones life without the person knowing how to change it .

do u still have other Siblings around ? she still need someone close by but must not be in the same building to check on her always. u said she is troublesome ,and might fall into danger without anyone knowing . nor matter anything mama na mama.

don't wait until next year do pack out, BT don't forget to be paying her visits and while visiting be careful .
PRAYER IS THE ULTIMATE KEY DEAR
DONT FORGET TO TELL GOD TO CHANGE MUM FOR U.
It will be alright one day
Re: My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help by crackhouse(m): 5:31am On Apr 20, 2019
Ur Mum need deliverance. Evil spirit is tormenting her.... believe it or not, that is the fact...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'No Wife, No Job'; 37-Year-Old Man Threatens To Commit Suicide In Anambra. Photo / My 7 Year Old Nephew Fingered A 3 Year Old Girl / Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.