Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,704 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? (28217 Views)

What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In 2022? / What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? / What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by samso247(m): 10:39am On May 27, 2019
awollowo:
Life is full of ups and down,and this ups and down teaches us a lot of life lesson.Some people may happear nacarssist,others egoist and some plain arrogant.But we never know what they have been through. We never know their side of the story.What made them like that. My biggest life lesson is that you can't please everyone,life is too short for such things.The best we can do is to live and enjoy every moment of it!
Learn to do things by yourself. I remember a situation where I begged a friend to help me out in a maths problem. He refused, and because of dat I went through the pains of learning the solution to the problem. I even started teaching the guy the solution cos he even failed the question.
Another one, learning a trade, then I begged the senior apprentice to help me cut the material, she refused, it didn't tk me time I learnt it, even the madam was surprised.
I thank God for all those that said NO to me, it was because they did, I did it myself.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by openmine(m): 10:41am On May 27, 2019
sonofspada:
Never,
I repeat never look down on anybody.
Always make a humble first impression even to a gate man, cos U'd never know if he is the owner of the house u just entered.
True
Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by razzydoo(m): 10:42am On May 27, 2019
Everybody is a modafokin hypocrite o!

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by nora2018(m): 10:44am On May 27, 2019
I learnt if you are too humble, you will be taken for granted

24 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by ibrahim55(m): 10:45am On May 27, 2019
Deltatoto:
to hurt someone and never say sorry I’ll never do that again I hurt a witch and was boasting when she came for me I almost lost my life.
something similar happened to someone I know personally he jilted a lady he almost lost his life he just suddenly became sick doctors found nothing wrong with him he had to go to the village he became all thin we taught he had AIDS BUT after sometimes in the village he came back God we were all scared to even talk to him everyone taught it's over we taught he had only BUT few months to live BUT he is alive and well today they said it's spiritual attack
Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by rockstar27(m): 10:45am On May 27, 2019
AS FOR ME, LIFE IS SIMPLE AS 'ABC' AND ALSO HARD AS 'STONE'. IT DEPEND ON HOW WE TAKE IT BUT DO ACCORDING TO UR SELF SATISFACTIONS AND DON'T HURT OTHERS TO PLEASE UR SELF LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO IMPRESS PEOPLE AND HURT URSELF. I JUST LEARN THAT PLEASING PEOPLE CAN BRING DELAY FOR U, GOD HAS PLANNED EVERYTHING U JUST NEED TO DO UR PART AND LEAVE THE REST. AM LIVING WITH MY UNCLE, GUYS IS NOT EASY TO LIVE UNDER PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT UR BIOLOGICAL PARENTS ALTHOUGH MY UNCLE IS TRYING FOR ME, BUT HIS WIFE IS GIVING ME HEADACHE.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by Kokoebapluse(m): 10:49am On May 27, 2019
What I learn so far is " no body can give you joy until you have self satisfaction" and in life face your life never distracted with what going on around you.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by Nobody: 10:50am On May 27, 2019
What you sow you will reap it

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by TheAlchemist: 10:50am On May 27, 2019
No friend like Jesus.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by Darevofpeace(m): 10:51am On May 27, 2019
My own lessons are,if your future would stand out, it comes with many tears,sleepless night, hunger,painful giving out to the needy when what you have is not sufficient.
Relationship in naija is over rated,I stopped using plans to get married as an escape route to unfulfilled dreams,passion, goals and ambitions.
I had learn to trust no friend of mine,after my bestie and roommate asked my Ex.out exactly two weeks after breakup and after I did challenged him,he kept malice with me for 3weeks.
This same dude was shouting that why would my own C.O be lesser than his,he had 9units carry over in 400L.while I had 3units,like seriously, is failing a course now a competition.
I have learnt to mind my personal business. If you really needed my help,you would come to me.I had helped some people and they took away many things of mine and left me devastated.
After reading 48laws of power, I had learnt to master the weapons of World Leaders(Money,Power, Women)
You need God to win in life, a time,day,situations of life would definitely come which would require divine intervention.
I also discovered that learning new skills,adding to my innate values would take me to the peak of success.Nobody can sack values,if it originally yours, it would still open many doors.
I also discovered that girls date a man whom they love and only marry the man who is ready,so I did forget about the brouhaha of love drama and get to have stable finances as a man.
Lastly,time management,and the thirst for wisdom and good relationship connection would enhance your capacity to perform in life.
A giver who helps humanity at every given time would never end up in shame.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by TheGiftedOne(m): 10:53am On May 27, 2019
I'd choose good manners over good looks anytime anyday. Esp in choosing a mate.
Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by Nobody: 10:54am On May 27, 2019
Deltatoto:
to hurt someone and never say sorry I’ll never do that again I hurt a witch and was boasting when she came for me I almost lost my life.
Ehn!! Bros you say?? undecided how you and witch take meet in the first place?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by geezynoni: 10:59am On May 27, 2019
Trust in God
Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by ibrahim55(m): 10:59am On May 27, 2019
chrismex:
Never trust trust too much, lost my money because I trusted my once good friend
lol this happened to me too I forgot I gave him my BlackBerry touch 9800 when I asked him he denied ever seeing my phone few weeks later I used BlackBerry protect service to see it's active and asked a friend a girl to add the pin lo and behold it was my friend that stole the phone and sold it another guy that also sold it to another guy all in the same area surulere then lol but I also had to bail the hungry yahooboy lol

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by Bridget95(f): 11:00am On May 27, 2019
Nigerians have learnt never to elect an illiterate.
Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by STENON(f): 11:00am On May 27, 2019
My biggest lesson in life is that you should be humble. We are all product of grace and opportunities. Don't look down on others that are yet to discover their own grace and opportunities.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by iso604: 11:01am On May 27, 2019
IN LIFE DONT FALL BACK .FALL FORWARD AND NEVER QUIT

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by Nobody: 11:02am On May 27, 2019
samso247:

Learn to do things by yourself. I remember a situation where I begged a friend to help me out in a maths problem. He refused, and because of dat I went through the pains of learning the solution to the problem. I even started teaching the guy the solution cos he even failed the question.
Another one, learning a trade, then I begged the senior apprentice to help me cut the material, she refused, it didn't tk me time I learnt it, even the madam was surprised.
I thank God for all those that said NO to me, it was because they did, I did it myself.
Nice one bro.. cool
Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by Dreew(f): 11:02am On May 27, 2019
- You have reached the height of confidence when you couldn't possibly care less what people think of you.

- Only 0.001% of the world's population will marry their one true love.

- This may be contradictory to the point above, but love doesn't exist. The only one true, undiluted, unconditional love is from God.

- Be selfish. Everyone's pretending to be otherwise.

- Family is overrated.

- Wisdom is great, but affluence is better.

- Be street wise.

- Naivety is stupidity.

- Men love runs girls.

- Eat fruits and good food.

- Have a goal. Pursue it with your soul.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by AngelicBeing: 11:06am On May 27, 2019
donestk:
The pvssy aint yours. Its just your turn.
Lol, Hian, you mean even for married couples shocked
Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by Hugo7(m): 11:10am On May 27, 2019
Never Trust Anybody not even your shadow In life the earlier you realise that nobody owns you anything the better. Secrets are for only you. Patience is a virtual. You can never know how it feels if you have not be there before. There are more people waiting for your failure than there are for your success. Everybody will leave you but God and your family will stand by You.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by Felincous(m): 11:12am On May 27, 2019
That you can not always have what you want.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by OlawaleBammie: 11:16am On May 27, 2019
Realdeals:
Always be in control of your life and destiny, don't allow self-interest made rules especially from religious sects to disrupt your journey in life.
Always listen to every shed of ideas that makes sense irrespective of where they are coming from, don't be blindfolded by your religious beliefs.

pls and pls elaborate more..... pleaseeee
Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by PotatoSalad(m): 11:18am On May 27, 2019
We all have Ulterior Motives. That's why I don't have friends anymore. I just know people.
Have been fuckëd over countless times because I trusted FRIENDS, not anymore

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by OlawaleBammie: 11:18am On May 27, 2019
maynation:
All uncles are scams.

ahahaha grin u re told to give ur cv after service and later send it to d atmosphere shey??!! grin grin
Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by fkj950ax(m): 11:19am On May 27, 2019
The only person that is guaranteed in life is yourself.
Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by dalass(f): 11:21am On May 27, 2019
Many lessons I have learnt in life...But you never ever stop learning in life.
Life will give you exams to teach you a LESSON you would not forget grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by abelprice(m): 11:24am On May 27, 2019
Dreew:
- You have reached the height of confidence when you don't give a eff about what people think of you.

- Only 0.001% of the world's population will marry their one true love.

- This may be contradictory to the point above, but love doesn't exist. The only one true, undiluted, unconditional love is with God.

- Be selfish. Everyone's pretending to be otherwise.

- Family is overrated.

- Wisdom is great, but affluence is better.

- Be street wise.

- Naivety is stupidity.

- Runs girls will continue to lead the pack.

- Eat fruits and good food.

- Have a goal. Pursue it with your soul.

family is never overrated ✌

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by ibrahimovic303: 11:25am On May 27, 2019
Life has taught me that you will thrive better outside your comfort zone

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by Bayoibee: 11:26am On May 27, 2019
Never trust too much, not even your own blood I repeat no matter how responsible he or she acts. I once trusted my sibling with my whole savings of 1.2m and he spent everything on bet9ja, someone that doesn’t even bet in the first place, someone with a first class at unilag always acting and talking responsibly. My biggest mistake was I trusted him too much not to check on the money once in a while till after 7 months when I got the bad news. So it is what it is, I just learnt a life lesson the hard way.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by Nobody: 11:27am On May 27, 2019
Never trust a woman. Where the devil cannot go,he sends a woman.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? by mekuso89(m): 11:29am On May 27, 2019
maynation:
All uncles are scams.
you just said my mind

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

25 "Fake" Excuses You Make Every Day / Driver Dozes Off And Crashes Under A Trailer (Video) / Man Lying Down In Front Of Sos Along Iyana Isolo Area Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.