Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,212 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? (39207 Views)

Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? / Should I Wait For Her To Change? / "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by czarina(f): 3:20pm On May 18, 2019
Nofavorss:
I like you already. You pay attention. I thought I was the only person who noticed the ‘pole’

Your man should be allowed to call everyone who chats mature dear. You don’t want him to beat you to teach you that. Do you?

My boss just like people that chat matured. Nothing more
oh, you noticed that "pole" talk too? cheesy

I don't want him to beat me, let us use magun instead. embarassed embarassed That way, we'll not be worried about people in rooms chatting matured snatching him. angry
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Royalty01: 3:26pm On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

Not desperation, those were the things we talked about. I am sorry if I am beginning to sound like the proverbial stubborn fly.

I hope I don't hurt myself. The pain is too much for me.

Don’t hurt yourself, I am standing by to propose to you ASAP. I’ve lived abroad and now back home to help develop this nation. You are a good girl and I’ve once been in your current situation. I know that feeling. It’s only a matter of time which heals all wounds. Switch your mind, go out to exercise and read personal development books, go to fellowship, serve God in a Church where His presence can be felt. You will thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Rozan10: 3:27pm On May 18, 2019
ojun50:
I think you should give him a surprise visit nd discuss tins with him befor you take that finer decision

They'll simply have sex and it'll make things worse for her.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Josephilemona(m): 3:27pm On May 18, 2019
[quote author=Adviseasister post=78479795]

It is painful seeing him online.

About 3weeks ago, he was flirting with one female user, while ignoring my WhatsApp messages. This is someone that rarely comments. I don't know what to do again.

is like you don't know your worth and strength, why are you really bothered, he doesn't respond to your call fine! he replies your messages with one word fine!!
but is your destiny tied to him? or were you born Because of him? the more you throw yourself at him the more you irritate him, just relax, let him be, when he's done with what he's going through, he will surely contact you. I know why he's doing what he's doing.

1 Like

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 18, 2019
Why am I having this feeling that toyorsih is the OP grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by transe(m): 3:32pm On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:
Good evening Nairalanders,

I had to create a new moniker for this, but I believe my guy will know this is for him.

Sometime last year I received a PM from a nlder. After going through his posts, I was pleased and we started talking. One thing led to another and we started a relationship. I must confess he is everything a woman wants in a man, he brought out this part of me I never knew existed and he did it so easily. We started seeing a future, I was happy.

Fast forward to February this year, I noticed a decline in communication. I complained and he blamed it on work. It continued and I had to ask what the problem is, he maintained it was work.

By March, things got worse and I have not been able to concentrate at work. I send him voice-notes and he responds hours later. I send messages and he responds with one word. I must also add he doesn't pick my calls at night anymore, but his NL profile would be seen online, though he won't comment.

I do not know what to do as I can't bring myself to love someone else as I love him. It is a long distance relationship and I do not know what to do. Is it possible he is facing challenges there and doesn't want to share?

Should I wait for him to come around or move on? Has anyone been in this situation before, how did you manage it? I feel so heartbroken.

Move on Young lady! You won't die, heaven will not fall and everything is definitely going to be alright.

Letting go could be extremely excruciating and irresistible but believe me, you can let go and be fine. A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage.

Be fine, Okay!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by MrPRevailer(m): 3:33pm On May 18, 2019
Royalty01:

Don’t hurt yourself, I am standing by to propose to you ASAP. I’ve lived abroad and now back home to help develop this nation. You are a good girl and I’ve once been in your current situation. I know that feeling. It’s only a matter of time which heals all wounds. Switch your mind, go out to exercise and read personal development books, go to fellowship, serve God in a Church where His presence can be felt. You will thank me later.

Chei! This one na spinster snatcher oo shocked
Yawu yawu
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by jaxxy(m): 3:34pm On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

About 3weeks ago, he was flirting with one female user, while ignoring my WhatsApp messages. This is someone that rarely comments. I don't know what to do again.

Let me tell loud and clear. When a guy reduces his attention and claims work over such period he's 90% lieing. It's either hes tired or found sm1 else or bored. Are u the clingy type or making hasty assumptions that u see a future together when he just wants sm fun? Whatever the case as long as u not married u have a right to interact with others especially when the so called bf is acting up. U can choose to inform him about this step or not.

2ndly never say u can't see urself loving anyone else. It's weak, ignorant and limiting. Keep ur options open cos he's probably doing just that.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by engrMikemd(m): 3:50pm On May 18, 2019
Nnaabros:
But how does one love a person they've never met?
You fell in 'love' just from his online post, texts, phone calls?

The word love has been so misused these days that it has become almost meaningless

One day, when you become more emotionally mature, you'll wake up and realise you're simply INFACTUATED. In 'love' with an idea, a fantasy.

No man has 'everything a woman wants'
I used to think Solomon was the wisest man ever liveth, now I think differently.
Thank you my brother.
No man has everything a woman wants.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Adaibeku(f): 3:53pm On May 18, 2019
bamidelee:

pls ask adaibeku, her step sisters heart was broken recently and she's and she's a winch she can give you some winch power too.
grin pls let my depressed witch step sista koyyes enjoy her new found love in piss ,
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Sanchez01: 3:58pm On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:
He just sent me a screenshot of some posts, asking me if that is what I really think about him. If he is the man described in that post. He is kind of angry the thread made front page and got to this stage. He thinks the advices here are too harsh and would worsen a bad situation.

We have agreed to both go off NL and work things out like two people without the influence of NL.

I am sorry for bringing it here boo. It all started here, so I thought we could also ask for their opinion. You told me we would post our pre-wedding pictures to encourage other Nlders. What happened to all that?
He is manipulative and you are being a puppet right now. If he is going to blackmail you or threaten whatever you guys have/had over the thread then I'd say you are in one serious mess already.

At this point, you're within your rights to ask why he acted the way he did and not allow yourself to be manipulated by some guy who is thousands of miles away. You are responsible for your happiness. Always remember that.

With this post however, it is safe to say you clearly don't have sense.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by jaxxy(m): 4:01pm On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

No, I haven't. We were working towards that, but look at where we are now. We talked last night and he apologized, that was after seeing this thread. He said some advices here would destroy what we share.

So u have to open a thread b4 he get to understand his Funny actions. Well it's long distance so there are things u can't conclude until u both see bt till then go with the flow and be as honest as possible. However if he chooses to go ghost mode again let him be. Send him msgs of concern bt don't work urself over it. Also don't get too attached!!!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Realhommie(m): 4:01pm On May 18, 2019
jackals:

Mature ladies fall in love with guys that have sense. Go secure one and you'll see
You guys won't kill someone with laugh here... Are you insinuating he doesn't have sense? Lol
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by oshaosha2014(m): 4:13pm On May 18, 2019
Move on! He has another woman and she’s back into the picture I believe. Heartbreak is not death sentence. Move on.

1 Like

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Tripitaka: 4:18pm On May 18, 2019
meobizy:

I had to create a new moniker to reply your comment, so here it goes: 43? You’re even generous.
I still stand my ground on this place being populated by only twenty active characters and the rest being alternates coupled with banned accounts.
The BetNaija guy has up to a million banned accounts and some trolls run into the high hundreds.
I also know this isn’t your only account and the creator of this forum has more than ten alternates.
It makes me understand why a lot of people brag about us being 1% of Nigeria’s population yet I still can’t find anyone who knows of this place.
You may want to check my previous posts today about this.

I maintain that NL do not have up to 100k active users. Out of that over 2m users you see eh, about 1.5m are alternates. Even the moderators have alternates.

1 Like

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Realhommie(m): 4:22pm On May 18, 2019
Sanchez01:

With this post however, it is safe to say you clearly don't have sense.
#Gbam... This is the end of it all.

I mean i was stunned seeing what she wrote, i feel so sorry for her coz she never know wetin won hit her.
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by malele(m): 4:25pm On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

I had to create a new moniker for this, but I believe my guy will know this is for him.

Sometime last year I received a PM from a nlder. After going through his posts, I was pleased and we started talking. One thing led to another and we started a relationship. I must confess he is everything a woman wants in a man, he brought out this part of me I never knew existed and he did it so easily. We started seeing a future, I was happy.

Fast forward to February this year, I noticed a decline in communication. I complained and he blamed it on work. It continued and I had to ask what the problem is, he maintained it was work.

By March, things got worse and I have not been able to concentrate at work. I send him voice-notes and he responds hours later. I send messages and he responds with one word. I must also add he doesn't pick my calls at night anymore, but his NL profile would be seen online, though he won't comment.

I do not know what to do as I can't bring myself to love someone else as I love him. It is a long distance relationship and I do not know what to do. Is it possible he is facing challenges there and doesn't want to share?

Should I wait for him to come around or move on? Has anyone been in this situation before, how did you manage it? I feel so heartbroken.

Move on
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by femi4: 4:30pm On May 18, 2019
olaBC007:
Why am I having this feeling that toyorsih is the OP grin
exactly, i ve not seen her post on this thread. That's unusual

1 Like

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by femi4: 4:33pm On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:
He just sent me a screenshot of some posts, asking me if that is what I really think about him. If he is the man described in that post. He is kind of angry the thread made front page and got to this stage. He thinks the advices here are too harsh and would worsen a bad situation.

We have agreed to both go off NL and work things out like two people without the influence of NL.

I am sorry for bringing it here boo. It all started here, so I thought we could also ask for their opinion. You told me we would post our pre-wedding pictures to encourage other Nlders. What happened to all that?
You are the mumu of this E-relationship , no mind of your own

2 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by meobizy(f): 4:36pm On May 18, 2019
Tripitaka:

You may want to check my previous posts today about this.

I maintain that NL do not have up to 100k active users. Out of that over 2m users you see eh, about 1.5m are alternates. Even the moderators have alternates.
#Facts.
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 18, 2019
czarina:
oh, you noticed that "pole" talk too? cheesy

I don't want him to beat me, let us use magun instead. embarassed embarassed That way, we'll not be worried about people in rooms chatting matured snatching him. angry
How can I not notice when I’m #1 fan? cheesy cheesy lol

Magun? Ha! It means your man really loves you so much o. Magun I guess is the way forward

2 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 18, 2019
Reelmii:
we are saying the same thing
Sharp guy grin cheesy
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by yanabasee(m): 4:47pm On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

I am currently in the same position..... I like the said girl but I am not ready to commit to her just yet... I don't pick up her calls nor chat with her like i used to......

I feel, the distance relationship feelings and mutual attachment fades out when you can't have a feel/touch of what you desire...

You need to give him a break... Let him have his space... If he wants it to work out, you will know through his dealings... Don't weigh your feelings on a man, he will disappoint you...

stay real to yourself....
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Chidokes4real(f): 4:49pm On May 18, 2019
OP, want to know if this guy is your FIRST LOVE?

I asked this cos the way you are responding like someone who is NAIVE and at the same time DESPERATE,who they can EMOTIONALLY MANIPULATE, who feels IF IT'S NOT THIS ONLINE GUY, THEN HER OWN IS FINISHED, who doesn't want to BELIEVE THE TRUTH.

1 Like

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 18, 2019
Adaibeku:
grin pls let my depressed witch step sista koyyes enjoy her new found love in piss ,
shey you inform the gentleman she be winch
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by sweetilicious(f): 5:15pm On May 18, 2019
Online relationship?
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Legolast: 5:22pm On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

I feel your pain sister, at some point in life we all face difficulties when it comes to love of a thing.

To me, long distance relationship is not bad. Because it doesn't work for Mr. A doesn't mean it won't work for Mr. B. Just note that you deserve better than how you're tried currently in your relationship.

=====================

To the topic:

Chat him up, go straight to the point blue black. Don't show any sign of meme things, in fact, don't put it in an apology way. For example:

Hi,
Longest time
[don't ask about his work or family ish and go straight to the point]
I noticed you've been avoiding me lately, I would love to know your stand on this relationship of ours because am tired of on and off relationship. ARE YOU STILL INTERESTED IN ME OR NOT?

No follow am play at all
If he says no, just say "OK and goodbye". If he says yes, now you start rules and regulations for him. For example:

If you truly love me and you want this relationship to move to the next level[marriage], you will be doing this, this and this.

=====================
If you can't do that, just ignore him. Don't message him, don't call him. If you wan kill everything, be viewing his status without commenting. Do this for like a month, If he doesn't turn up, I repeat IF HE DOESN'T TURN Up, my sister move on.

====================
I have been in a long distance relationship going to 5yrs, I never treated my lady like this. We barely see once in 2yrs. And whenever we meet, we used at.most 4hrs together. She never give me punna and I never bothered myself about it, me self no like punna [Alfa things]. I can swear on anything that I have not cheated on her before for once, though I have caught her cheating but since I pointed things to her blue black, she stopped and apologized. Since then, I can tell you she loves me to the extent that she carter for half of my yearly expenses because she is working [self employed] and I am a student. I also do support her when she is broker because I am also a first class hustler.

I treat her like a Queen, she treats me like a King.

=====================
In a nutshell my sister, you can give him space. If he comes back dédé and if he doesn't use Ajá 4 n gbéra. You deserve more than this ma. Nobody is too busy to have time for the one h/she truly desires.

Best of luck ma.

NOTE: Ignore my tense/typographical errors, no time for vetting.

1 Like

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by deltateam: 5:27pm On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

I haven't collected money from him. He sends me flowers at work though, brightens up my day. How do I explain it to my colleagues, they were all rooting for us.

Have you met him before?
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by deltateam: 5:34pm On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

No, I haven't. We were working towards that, but look at where we are now. We talked last night and he apologized, that was after seeing this thread. He said some advices here would destroy what we share.

Its unfortunate you are being manipulated but by the time you wake up, I hope you won't come here and type. "Men are scum" because na thunder go answer you.

You don't know where he's from, apart from the sh1t he told you.
Don't know his family and they don't know you. Continue. E go clear you las las.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by deltateam: 5:41pm On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

Op you are deluded. You even call him boo for real?

Marriage was what he promised you? You seem too desperate to me. He won't marry you and when it happens don't near sniper.

1 Like

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Drestar19: 5:52pm On May 18, 2019
All this internet love...i didnt read any mention of you guys spending time together...or was this a virtual love affair?

[/quote]
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by jimi4us: 5:59pm On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

let me tell you what's going on.

It's two things here,

1. It's likely he's going through financial stress, and he's ashamed to let you know.

How to know if he's going through hard times.

does he have a Job in whatever country he's in, most of Nigerian overseas are going through hard times but they don't know how to share that condition with their girlfriend in another country.

2. It's obvious he's seeing someone else.

How to know if he's seeing someone else.

When a guy is seeing someone else he stylishly stop calling her girlfriend cos the presence of the new girl will make her start losing interest in you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

#HarmattanPickUpLines:Funny Pick Up Lines Guys Are Using For Ladies On Harmattan / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? / 5 Classes Of People That Get The Most Beautiful Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.