Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? (39142 Views)

Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? / Should I Wait For Her To Change? / "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by KevMitnick: 1:00pm On May 18, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
Oh ye good people of Nairaland..... Should we tell her the truth? grin grin
No, wait a bit

1 Like

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Realhommie(m): 1:01pm On May 18, 2019
czarina:

You're right... Commonsense isn't always common especially when we're young. grin
True that but also note say dez days age limit no dey for the actual display of foolishness and outright immaturity ooo.. Na there you go fear, hehehehehehehehe..

2 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by dingbang(m): 1:02pm On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

I don't bug him during work hours. Notice I said I send and call in the night when I am sure he is home, rested and done with work.

I will focus on other things.
better. You have tried your best in reaching out so please reserve your dignity and allow him to call you at his time

1 Like

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by CertifiedGee(m): 1:02pm On May 18, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
Oh ye good people of Nairaland..... Should we tell her the truth? grin grin

Silence is golden. Let her find out herself before they start calling you “bad belle”. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 18, 2019
JastSiryin:
But you love Jesus abi and God as well don't you? Have you met any of them personally? Doesn't it mean you and those who practise religion are deluded folks? Abeg what you typed doesn't make sense.

Doesn't make sense to YOU? Maybe the problem is with you and your ability to comprehend things.
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by greypencils: 1:03pm On May 18, 2019
Predstan:

Yeah. I better not travel to meet a Nigerian that we only met online. From Europe to Nigeria? Infact, sex shouldn’t be what you decide to do or not. It should be a natural thing that comes from both hearts.

What I’m trying to say is that. You and I met online, you pressurized me to come see you from Europe to Nigeria. I decided to come and see you because I Love u so much, then you are telling me I can’t have sex... Stupidity and Rubbish. I better not come. It’s possible to come and not have anything but u can’t tell me No sex beforehand
If it were your sister involved, will you advise her to have sex at first sight? Me as a guy, I know my natural tendencies would scream for sex...I be guy na...but if the girl confirm to my taste...I go prepare marriage tins...you think say e easy to get marriageable girl for yankee? plus whitee, plus Akata, all of them spoil join, serial cheating motherfuckers...and dem no dey clean self...the ones wey clean done get wide kpekus...lol...seriously speaking...but like this girl now, she sounds unspoilt...I am not vouching for her o...i dont know her...So if I am the guy involved, I go still keep myself, depending on the setting wey she bring, if she bring setting say she want sex, omo, na turn off, cos even after I'm gone, she is always going to have that craving and someoneelse go dey there...na so my broda...guys keep coming home to get wives...Akata wife na the last thing wey i go marry...just prepare for heart-attack

3 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Chidokes4real(f): 1:03pm On May 18, 2019
This brought his attention. So, you send him whatsapp messages and call him at night but he doesn't respond. So why then is he responding after seeing this thread? This guy is just stressing your heart and playing with your emotions.
Adviseasister:
He just sent me a screenshot of some posts, asking me if that is what I really think about him. If he is the man described in that post. He is kind of angry the thread made front page and got to this stage. He thinks the advices here are too harsh and would worsen a bad situation.

We have agreed to both go off NL and work things out like two people without the influence of NL.

I am sorry for bringing it here boo. It all started here, so I thought we could also ask for their opinion. You told me we would post out pre-wedding pictures to encourage other Nlders. What happened to all that?

6 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Timmyking01(m): 1:03pm On May 18, 2019
It happens when you're actually so much in love and it's a sign of real and good Love I must say.

I'll only implore you not to conclude on anything yet, give it time and try to ask why he suddenly changed like that.

He might probably be facing one problem or the other, he might actually be depressed, show him more love more than he could actually Imagine as you are doing rn.

Don't forget to put it in prayer as well, good things need prayer let alone bad things.

I Wish you all the best in your love life.
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by safarigirl(f): 1:04pm On May 18, 2019
Realhommie:
No wonder.. You're still very young and inexperienced, naive too.. You'll learn.
the very hard way as it is

23 is not young and inexperienced. At 23, I had enough sense to not be played by anyone.

People are married with kids at 23, a 23-year old female ought to be reasonably sensible. You never see person, you dey talk pretty-wedding.

Maybe she's naive sha, that's why she started a topic to get a man's attention and is now cowering at his 'anger'

5 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by ghettochild4u(m): 1:04pm On May 18, 2019
Nofavorss:
DM me your number for counselling and prayer wink

Werey re ooooo
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by czarina(f): 1:05pm On May 18, 2019
safarigirl:

You don't have sense.

When he is done with you, don't come back here and post any nonsense.

Pre-wedding pictures indeed
cheesy cheesy wink

Cut her some slack na.

1 Like

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Daeylar(f): 1:06pm On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

You won't understand how much I want this and it has nothing to do with him being abroad as some people think. When you meet that man who defies all bad stereotypes associated with men. I guess good things don't last. How else do I explain this?
How is he breaking all the bad stereotypes when he is disrespecting you like the typical Nigerian fuckboy?
1)Ignoring your chats while chatting with someone else?
Adviseasister:

It is painful seeing him online.
About 3weeks ago, he was flirting with one female user, while ignoring my WhatsApp messages This is someone that rarely comments. I don't know what to do again.
2)Playing typical stupid games where when he sees you're tired of running after him for the crumbs of his affection and you're trying to withdraw from him, he starts giving you attention again so when you're hooked, he withdraws so that you start chasing him all around town and the game continues?
Adviseasister:

You seem to really understand my position. I will send him a message later at night, when I am sure he is home and rested.
I have tried to withdraw, but whenever I do, he will start up a little conversation and my heart would start beating faster. I guess I will have to move on if our conversation tonight doesn't go well.
He is a typical Naija fuckboy na. What's special there?
The handwriting is on the wall.

Ignore the guy, block and delete all numbers, block all means of communication, social media e.t.c, love yourself a little bit more so you won't want a person so much that you would consider sacrificing your self-respect just to be with the person

Next time someone ghosts you. Ghost them back, block and delete and never look back. If you feel down because you feel you lost someone whom you loved. Ask yourself how you can love a person who disrespected you so much, ask yourself how you can mourn such a love. Then tell yourself that you're better than that and pick yourself up.
Adviseasister:
He just sent me a screenshot of some posts, asking me if that is what I really think about him. If he is the man described in that post. He is kind of angry the thread made front page and got to this stage. He thinks the advices here are too harsh and would worsen a bad situation.

We have agreed to both go off NL and work things out like two people without the influence of NL.

I am sorry for bringing it here boo. It all started here, so I thought we could also ask for their opinion. You told me we would post our pre-wedding pictures to encourage other Nlders. What happened to all that?

SMH undecided

Wish you the best sha.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by safarigirl(f): 1:06pm On May 18, 2019
czarina:
cheesy cheesy wink

Cut her some slack na.
I hate foolishness in my life.

I don't suffer fools. I mean, just read that balderdash, I know 17-year olds smarter than that.

The dude is controlling and potentially abusive, and she has sold her sense for flowers and a few gifts.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by mistijude: 1:08pm On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

You seem to really understand my position. I will send him a message later at night, when I am sure he is home and rested.

I have tried to withdraw, but whenever I do, he will start up a little conversation and my heart would start beating faster. I guess I will have to move on if our conversation tonight doesn't go well.
And what if he sees this very post of yours and he now try to establish a fake smooth conversation with you tonight in order to keep you on the line and be playing with your emotion?If I were you,I will only say thank you to any comments and allow whatever I would want to do be in my mind.That way,the will of God will be done and God himself will be glorified.NOTE THAT I MADE THIS COMMENT BECAUSE I WAS ONCE IN YOUR SHOE.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by RiyadhGoddess(f): 1:08pm On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:
Good evening Nairalanders,

I had to create a new moniker for this, but I believe my guy will know this is for him.

Sometime last year I received a PM from a nlder. After going through his posts, I was pleased and we started talking. One thing led to another and we started a relationship. I must confess he is everything a woman wants in a man, he brought out this part of me I never knew existed and he did it so easily. We started seeing a future, I was happy.

Fast forward to February this year, I noticed a decline in communication. I complained and he blamed it on work. It continued and I had to ask what the problem is, he maintained it was work.

By March, things got worse and I have not been able to concentrate at work. I send him voice-notes and he responds hours later. I send messages and he responds with one word. I must also add he doesn't pick my calls at night anymore, but his NL profile would be seen online, though he won't comment.

I do not know what to do as I can't bring myself to love someone else as I love him. It is a long distance relationship and I do not know what to do. Is it possible he is facing challenges there and doesn't want to share?

Should I wait for him to come around or move on? Has anyone been in this situation before, how did you manage it? I feel so heartbroken.

Dear Poster.
So sorry for what you are going through.
That's one of the disadvantage of distance relationship. There's a high probability that they guy was already involved with someone over there without your knowledge. The chance of him having challenges and not being able to talk to you is very very low. This is my advice- 1) Cry out if you need to. Don't withhold your tears if pressed to cry. Cry, yell. 2) When the tears are no longer rolling, take a deep breath then get a piece of paper and pen down everything you would have said if he was standing right in front of you. Stroll back memory lane of the funs and chats you two had together that brought you happiness. Pen everything down. Let him know you appreciate every bit of it. Tell him thank you but most importantly he should know that you are moving on with your life as you have no idea where the relationship is heading to. So you are moving on. Please in all, do not write in desperation. Do not sound desperate! 3) After writing, send them to his phone via SMS, email or better still read and voice audio it to him. Pray for him or rather pray for the two of you to find your heaven ordained soul mates. End it with a BYE. 4) Go ahead and send it to him. 5) Listen to your favorite music. If you are a Christian, I advice you listen to worship songs that will connect you to the spirit. Play and play the music over and over again till your spirit connects to the heavenlies. 6) Close your eyes, while the music is playing and your spirit connected to the holy of holies, Fall asleep. 7) When you are awake, Remember to thank God. Then get busy with work or the things you love to do the most. While at work, listen to music. Get engaged with work, activities etc. Do not give room for evil thought or self condemnation. The devil will send his smaller legions to come tell you how you can never love another man again bla bla bla. How unfortunate bla bla bla Don't listen. When he speaks, CAST HIM OUT. Give it some days, if the guy doesn't call, text or respond, then he wasn't the one for you at the beginning. Give thanks to God and move on!!!
E-hugs dear.

1 Like

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by safarigirl(f): 1:10pm On May 18, 2019
Daeylar:

How is he breaking all the bad stereotypes when he is disrespecting you like the typical Nigerian fuckboy?
1)Ignoring your chats while chatting with someone else?

2)Playing typical stupid games where when he sees you're tired of running after him for the crumbs of his affection and you're trying to withdraw from him, he starts giving you attention again and when you're hooked withdraws so that you start chasing him and the game continues?

He is a typical Naija fuckboy na. What's special there?
The handwriting is on the wall.

Ignore the guy, block and delete all numbers, block all means of communication, social media e.t.c, love yourself a bit more so you won't want a person so much that you would considering sacrificing your self-respect just to be with the person

Next time someone ghosts you. Ghost them back, block and delete and never look back. If you feel down because you feel you lost someone who you loved. Ask yourself how you can love a person who disrespected you so much, ask yourself how you can mourn such a love. Then tell yourself that you're better than that and pick yourself up.

SMH undecided

Wish you the best sha.

You really know them.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by safarigirl(f): 1:11pm On May 18, 2019
mistijude:
And what if he sees this very post of yours and he now try to establish a fake smooth conversation with you tonight in order to keep you on the line and be playing with your emotion?If I were you,I will only say thank you to any comments and allow whatever I would want to do be in my mind.That way,the will of God will be done and God himself will be glorified.NOTE THAT I MADE THIS COMMENT BECAUSE I WAS ONCE IN YOUR SHOE.
he has already done that and she has fallen like the mugu she is.

Peeps her last post...love makes people very foolish indeed

2 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Evercurious(f): 1:11pm On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

Please this is not true. I don't want to say I have many options, but I get approached by men daily. The intention wasn't to fall in love, we only wanted to chat, but you know what regular communication with someone can do.

I really love your personality.. You love love, you know how to love and love to be loved..Some advice here by some Nigerians are 'demonic' . Deep down in your heart you know them. Plz forget them. Their advices are based on fake and 'wuruwuru' love they have experienced in the past. Most of the relationships here are just 'kalokalo'.. ( game playing)..

Always keep your heart as pure as it is. And you ll surely find love

2 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 18, 2019
czarina:
The average right?

You may be right, but as we grow older, we have dreams of our own. We realize abroad isn't all there is to having a "good life". We realize there are people here with us who live the life many "abroadians" only dream about.

Na small pikin sense dey make person believe say "abroad" equates a "good life".

Let's not go there.

What's a good life about?
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Realhommie(m): 1:12pm On May 18, 2019
safarigirl:
the very hard way as it is

23 is not young and inexperienced. At 23, I had enough sense to not be played by anyone.

People are married with kids at 23, a 23-year old female ought to be reasonably sensible. You never see person, you dey talk pretty-wedding.

Maybe she's naive sha, that's why she started a topic to get a man's attention and is now cowering at his 'anger'
It is not "Maybe" for the naivety oooo, it is pretty obvious. I pray make e work out for dem otherwise i doubt she'd be able to recover from wetin go hit her in a very very long while, lol..
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by czarina(f): 1:13pm On May 18, 2019
safarigirl:

I don't suffer fools. I mean, just read that balderdash, I know 17-year olds smarter than that.

The dude is controlling and potentially abusive, and she has sold her sense for flowers and a few gifts.
"love" does things to the mind.
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Predstan: 1:13pm On May 18, 2019
safarigirl:

This is a different talk. Your initial post was that you want to travel for kpekus, and that you can't travel if you don't have a guarantee for sex. So, if you were sure of sex, it would be enough incentive for you to travel?

Women travel all the time to visit men they never knew from anywhere, don't they? It's foolish, in my opinion, but they do it.

Read my reply with an open mind. read the post that I comment in before u talk anything. Quit quoting me if you can’t read and comprehend what u read
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by raymi: 1:14pm On May 18, 2019
MariaLavina:
Let him breathe....

One thing you must understand about guys is they are easily bored and love varieties. The more they get to know about you, the less interested they get. You as a lady must know how to remain intriguing, mysterious, attractive and enticing else you will lose him.

Now the question is who is worth the stress? A patient man who values you enough to stick around a little more hoping you will bring the fire back. Is your man worth it? I doubt that! The fact that he flirts with another woman knowing well that you will see his acts shows he has lost interest in you and no respect either. In as much as men love their freedom, they will never leave the women they love hanging.

My advice: Don't push it, focus on something else. If he is yours he will be back.

Great post. Couldn't have put it any better.
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Realhommie(m): 1:15pm On May 18, 2019
safarigirl:

No mind her.. The handwriting dey all over yet she dey mumu, she never know life. She go learn..
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Antichristus: 1:15pm On May 18, 2019
Nofavorss:
DM me your number for counselling and prayer wink

Smell a dead fish. Fake counsellor and prayer warrior.
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by czarina(f): 1:16pm On May 18, 2019
SmartestG:

What's a good life about?
Honestly, a good life is relative in my opinion .

What I'll tell you I see as a "good life" may be total nonsense to another.

But then, I believe we can create our "good lives" wherever we wish, not necessarily "abroad".
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Boyooosa(m): 1:17pm On May 18, 2019
safarigirl:

This is a different talk. Your initial post was that you want to travel for kpekus, and that you can't travel if you don't have a guarantee for sex. So, if you were sure of sex, it would be enough incentive for you to travel?

Women travel all the time to visit men they never knew from anywhere, don't they? It's foolish, in my opinion, but they do it.
In most cases, ladies don't have personal room to host their s.ex mate, the reason they travel upandan to get forked.
The only person I know that acts in contrary is Linda Ikeji; has mansion but will still travel for hours just to get laid and bringing another F'less to the world.
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Nat404: 1:19pm On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:
Good evening Nairalanders,

I had to create a new moniker for this, but I believe my guy will know this is for him.

Sometime last year I received a PM from a nlder. After going through his posts, I was pleased and we started talking. One thing led to another and we started a relationship. I must confess he is everything a woman wants in a man, he brought out this part of me I never knew existed and he did it so easily. We started seeing a future, I was happy.

Fast forward to February this year, I noticed a decline in communication. I complained and he blamed it on work. It continued and I had to ask what the problem is, he maintained it was work.

By March, things got worse and I have not been able to concentrate at work. I send him voice-notes and he responds hours later. I send messages and he responds with one word. I must also add he doesn't pick my calls at night anymore, but his NL profile would be seen online, though he won't comment.

I do not know what to do as I can't bring myself to love someone else as I love him. It is a long distance relationship and I do not know what to do. Is it possible he is facing challenges there and doesn't want to share?

Should I wait for him to come around or move on? Has anyone been in this situation before, how did you manage it? I feel so heartbroken.

Hasn't your mom ever told you fishing with dynamite is dangerous? *laughs*. What are you still waiting for? I tell you something, a man can meet any girl he wants anytime and she'll be a thousand times better than you and he sticks to her and forgets about you.
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Predstan: 1:19pm On May 18, 2019
greypencils:
If it were your sister involved, will you advise her to have sex at first sight? Me as a guy, I know my natural tendencies would scream for sex...I be guy na...but if the girl confirm to my taste...I go prepare marriage tins...you think say e easy to get marriageable girl for yankee? plus whitee, plus Akata, all of them spoil join, serial cheating motherfuckers...and dem no dey clean self...the ones wey clean done get wide kpekus...lol...seriously speaking...but like this girl now, she sounds unspoilt...I am not vouching for her o...i dont know her...So if I am the guy involved, I go still keep myself, depending on the setting wey she bring, if she bring setting say she want sex, omo, na turn off, cos even after I'm gone, she is always going to have that craving and someoneelse go dey there...na so my broda...guys keep coming home to get wives...Akata wife na the last thing wey i go marry...just prepare for heart-attack

You are still talking based on love within Nigeria. I have traveled from Lagos to see my ex and there was nothing. We only met online and u asked me to travel from Europe or America to Nigeria just to see you?? You are now including the clause that there isn’t gonna be sex. Sex shouldn’t be what u decide beforehand. It comes In Naturally between two lovers. Not a preplanned Event. Once it’s preplanned, there is never love.

Remember that before I can agree to come see u in Nigeria, we must have been together for nothing less than a month, video calls and all that. So It’s never a first time anymore. You know how many hours I go use travel from France or Germany to Nigeria? Abeg Shift, fell that your younger sister to find someone she go date here in Nigeria.
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 18, 2019
ghettochild4u:

Werey re ooooo
tani werey?

Antichristus:

Smell a dead fish. Fake counsellor and prayer warrior.
Babyyyyyyyyyy
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Biglittlelois(f): 1:26pm On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

I am sorry for bringing it here boo. It all started here, so I thought we could also ask for their opinion. You told me we would post our pre-wedding pictures to encourage other Nlders. What happened to all that?

Jeez girl, @bolded sounds like desperation, I have no words for you anymore, do you....

5 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Adviseasister: 1:29pm On May 18, 2019
Biglittlelois:

Jeez girl, @bolded sounds like desperation, I have no words for you anymore, do you....

Not desperation, those were the things we talked about. I am sorry if I am beginning to sound like the proverbial stubborn fly.

I hope I don't hurt myself. The pain is too much for me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Should I Confront Her Or Shut Up And Keep Bleeping Her / "Men Are Gold Diggers Too" Woman Shares Her Experience / I Have 22 Babymamas And 23 Kids - Says Man (Pics/Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.