Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,118 members, 7,814,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. (83364 Views)

Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures / Kenyan Who Went To Saudi In Search For A Greener Pasture Returns With 2 Kids / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Fourcade(m): 4:16pm On Jun 01, 2019
nwanneni:
Wow!small world indeed.
grin grin grin
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 01, 2019
Iwanttoto1:

Mr Shiba ego. I thinks says u tucks say u dey amelika tongue tongue
I say I dey go America tomorrow weh be Sunday.
I dey Douala now.i am flying from Douala

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Meena77(f): 4:17pm On Jun 01, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:
We all stayed in one kind of abandoned open shop close to the church. Unlike most of the guys that were picking pure water sachet in the circle area, the guys here were doing more of hard labour like bricklayer work, offloading goods from containers because that area is an industrial area so there are many warehouses around. Many of them have been there for long so they had their connection and knew when jobs were coming up. I tried to get involved with anything I could do so I can survive but yet again everyone would always tell me I can't do those kind of jobs. I will force them to take me but at the end the supervisor will still reject me. I felt really bad but then I had to get back to my usual begging which was obviously the only one that favoured me. Somehow I really felt like God was with me because I never imagined doing those kind of jobs and God didn't allow me do it. Sometimes when they have church services am always looking for you to beg until one day one man told me he will report to the pastor because the pastor warned that if anyone is caught begging they should report security and arrest the person.

Let me try to cut the long story short so I don't have to write in different pages.
Staying at that shop space close to the church was a nightmare because when rain falls at night we are practically sleeping under the rain. The mosquito bite at night is terrible. The shocking thing was how new people come almost everyday with the same story of how someone ran with their money or how their money got missing at the border and we will all have to stay in that place together. Mind you we can only stay there at night because during the day it's in front of a factory and that's were their workers sit down during their break. So during the day we all have to disappear from there but our bags are there and we cover them with the cartons we spread on the floor to sleep. I had tried so hard to raise money to get back to Nigeria but it only seems I can just find money to eat and do little things and that was it. I had to make enquiries about the Nigerian embassy in Ghana and then I got the address. So one day I went to the Embassy and explained my situation. The man I met there was really so nice and helpful. He told me they will send my issue to the ambassador because I told them I needed to go and I had no were to stay if they don't attend to me that day and find money for me. Unfortunately they said the ambassador had an urgent meeting so he will have to see it tomorrow and any amount he approves they will let me know. I thought about going back to sleep in that store and I said not today, so I gave my usual pity face and said I don't have anywhere to stay. So they allowed me sleep somewhere inside the embassy. That was the best sleep I have had in ages and the best bath I had taken that night. It was like I should not come out the bathroom and they oven put AC for me but I put it off later because my body was not use to AC anymore. I felt so alive again praying and hoping they give me money to go.
The next day I got a very bad news that the ambassador didn't approve any money because Buhari has not released money to the embassy. I actually almost fainted because I could not imagine going back to that store house after sleeping in the embassy so I pleaded with the man to help me in anyway. Very nice man I will never forget. He told me to wait, he was going to rag all the workers and see what he could get for me. That was how he was able to raise 200ghc for me and then told me I should not use the naija buses because the money won't be enough but I should use the short cut which he wrote on paper for me. From Accra to Aflao, I cross through the back gate and enter Togo. From Togo to Seme and then to Mile 2.

I was so grateful to God for everything and that was how I found myself back home. I have been putting myself together and glory to God I now have a phone which I am using to type this story. I look forward to God that kept me safe all through that experience because I know he has better and bigger plans for me.

I believe I will be a testimony to many very soon.

This is my true life experience, I never made it to Abidjan but I came back home alive.
Wow , life teaches us lessons

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by PapaAdanna: 4:18pm On Jun 01, 2019
slimthugchimee2:

Please read it well

He said that they refused to give him work because they felt he didn't have the strength to do it even thou he was willing to do it
Oga
At least u read where he was bold and saying that they looked at him and say he couldn't do the jobs available

Just because he went their to portray ajebo, for goodness sake... This is the street.

You show urself strong

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by kachistone: 4:19pm On Jun 01, 2019
distributeinc:

You are wrong, I think you work as either a traveling racketeer or into some business that has to do with facilitating movement of Nigerian immigrants overseas, that is why you are encouraging it. Your facts are wrong, there are learned Nigerians here, working in top organisations, earning 1million naira/month as salary in Nigeria. Not all Nigerians are desperate, dumb and money hungry...people are building brands here, what are you saying?

In abroad they don't give immigrants top jobs, except you are trained overseas, you only do low cadre jobs ...don't disgrace yourself in a public forum with nonsense talks.
Wow! Anybody here earning big can help me with a job. I'm in Abuja

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 01, 2019
Belial06:

grin

Sir respectfully Google the last quarter UN report on illegal migration in sub Saharan Africa and middle eastern countries

I state again 90% of migrations from Nigeria are graduates with good experience seeking a greener pasture

And no I don't work in travel as you are trying to draw lines between my advise and personal gain as I have come to see the Nigerian way of thinking by default is advise is never offered free without a personal gain

I don't want or need anyone's money I am. Well. Off thankfully

Get your facts right

Typing in good grammar doesn't make wrong facts correct

Most illegal immigrants are not well educated, being a graduate in a Nigerian University don't mean you have brains... this is not even the point of this discussion...stating that most Nigerians living here are not living good lives here is a fallacy, just because you get by living in a cold country, as a second class citizen...I rather live here.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by ecclize: 4:21pm On Jun 01, 2019
This story make u feel like: That moment when 9igeria seems to better than every other country

3 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by DjClassik: 4:21pm On Jun 01, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:
We all stayed in one kind of abandoned open shop
I believe I will be a testimony to many very soon.

This is my true life experience, I never made it to Abidjan but I came back home alive.
What a great writer u are

2 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by BabylonCruise(m): 4:22pm On Jun 01, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:

Do you have common sense at all. Where did you see me advising anyone about traveling or not traveling. Is the topic to hard for you to comprehend that I am just sharing my experience. After you will think you know how to talk.
U just ended up dignifying this attention seeking Mofo with an answer.
There are people you don't just reason with in this life.
Thanks for sharing your story bro.

5 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by adun99(f): 4:25pm On Jun 01, 2019
naijaguy123456:
OP you have your self to blame for poor planning. Number one sin is you left Nigeria broke and you entered another man country broke. You could have save little money and keep with your trusted friend or family then when you are desperate overseas they can send you tiny bits.
I met countless Nigerians who made it to Europe through African countries most especially Ivory Coast .
If you enter Europe with no papers then they know you are a Nigerian, 99.9 percent you are coming back home I swear . But if you go first to other African countries and get the knowledge of that country like you know the tribes, few languages, cultures, their foods etc then if you made it to Europe you have 50-50 chance.
There was a man I’ll call Mr T an Igbo man left naija for Ivory Coast then he entered holland . He was able to get paper in Holland because he claimed Ivorian, if he claimed naija 95 percent they won’t give him.
Another man I know went to Uk from Ivory Coast, claimed asylum he was refused, they took him to Ivory Coast embassy in Uk, the embassy agreed he speaks French and their language but his accent is not from them. Home office took him to Nigeria embassy. At Nigeria embassy he started speaking French non stop. The embassy staff told home office this guy doesn’t speak a word of Nigeria language and English. After 3 years of dragging it on and off, home office gave him paper.
. thanks for this info. I want to seek a job as a teacher in ghana then take it to the next level

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Realhommie(m): 4:25pm On Jun 01, 2019
nwanneni:
grin grin grin
I've always hated west Africa ooo.
N.a. Gabon,C.A.R or Cameroon hustle men dey on now...
Op sorry,I know how it is to be in your shoes but if you are not related to a person by blood,my brother forget.
Them must always hang you for air.
Even blood relations sef dey betray how much more friends..

Dis life ehn, no wonder the saying "never put your trust/hope in man" , coz dem go fail..

I feel the story, the reality be say countless number of peeps dey experience Op narration as we dey talk so.

It is well

3 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Fourcade(m): 4:25pm On Jun 01, 2019
nwanneni:
I say I dey go America tomorrow weh be Sunday.
I dey Douala now.i am flying from Douala

I sent you a pm
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by ecclize: 4:25pm On Jun 01, 2019
Op don dey fuckup o
eventhough the story is about ur bad experience, the thing dey sweet me like am watching...
Black panther...
Stop starving me i must read the end of this story else i swear for u
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by aaaaabbbbbccccc: 4:27pm On Jun 01, 2019
ultron12345:
Indeed, there is nowhere like home.

As for me and my family, we will continue to live in Nigeria. We travel to various countries where we spend 1,2 or 3 weeks, and then come back to our wonderful home in Nigeria.

As rich as dangote and otedola are, they still live in Nigeria.

Thank God the OP is honest enough to write this story. Some will come back and deceive their fellow brothers and sisters to go there and suffer.
you can say that because you haven’t been to the good part of the world. Dangote and Otedola are in Nigeria because they have business in Nigeria

Or is it the good health care or road in Nigeria that want to make you stay in Nigeria or the 24hrs electricity

3 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Realhommie(m): 4:28pm On Jun 01, 2019
AnthonyAk:

I pray I run into the young man again that helped me
Pay it forward bro..
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Btruth: 4:30pm On Jun 01, 2019
Pavore9:
Hmm....stranded Nigerians plenty here for Nairobi.
Can you imagine? Nairobi in Kenya.
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by otokx(m): 4:30pm On Jun 01, 2019
Nice ending
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by IeatPussy: 4:32pm On Jun 01, 2019
The story is already complete nah and the guy is back in Nigeria. THis is how my guy traveled to Philippines and the host abandoned him. Lucky for him , he was well prepared spending almost 80$ daily in hotels till he met someone that took him home.

Always be prepared while traveling cause you Never can tell . Don't trust anyone

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by 77up(m): 4:33pm On Jun 01, 2019
ecclize:
Op don dey fuckup o
eventhough the story is about ur bad experience, the thing dey sweet me like am watching...
Black panther...
Stop starving me i must read the end of this story else i swear for u
Go back and read thelast update, it has been updated to the end.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by DonFebzyBlog(m): 4:35pm On Jun 01, 2019
Haykinsofficial:
Abeg make one pesin wake me if @op don cum bck...
We die hia 2day!

The comments are much so go back to page 2. I modified it and concluded there.

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by AbooNasir(m): 4:36pm On Jun 01, 2019
uruba23:
It is a cold morning my house is flooded can't go downstairs Oya continue your story.

na Lekki u dey stay nii?

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by chrisagyei: 4:36pm On Jun 01, 2019
adun99:
. thanks for this info. I want to seek a job as a teacher in ghana then take it to the next level
what's your qualification?
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Pavore9: 4:37pm On Jun 01, 2019
Btruth:
Can you imagine? Nairobi in Kenya.

And more are flying in daily! angry
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by sammugbes(m): 4:40pm On Jun 01, 2019
Babagboju:
Ogbeni continue jhoor
hahahaha u funny o
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by superstar1(m): 4:41pm On Jun 01, 2019
Anytime I am going on a vacation, I always go over prepared. From cash to credit cards to enough debit cards.

I do not want to become a super story.

Just be stranded for a day, you will be call on Angel Gabriel, Michael, Rafael etc plus your ancestors join if care is not taken.
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by ecclize: 4:41pm On Jun 01, 2019
77up:
Go back and read thelast update, it has been updated to the end.
THANK BRO
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by femi4: 4:43pm On Jun 01, 2019
Mizwisdom:
This is real suffering. I've also experienced that empty promise, once you land they won't pick your call or they'll keep posting you, soon you'll realize that you've been abandoned
But what's their gain in inviting you over only to deliberately leave you stranded

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by deolivette: 4:44pm On Jun 01, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:

Do you have common sense at all. Where did you see me advising anyone about traveling or not traveling. Is the topic to hard for you to comprehend that I am just sharing my experience. After you will think you know how to talk.

Ignore the guy, just another travel agent selling the hope of greener pastures to gullible Nigerians. A friend just got to Canada after he left a bank branch manager job. He’s now working in a post office in Brampton and he’s seriously regretting his stupid decision. Travel agents must make money and people like you are threats to them.

5 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Originalsly: 4:47pm On Jun 01, 2019
Nice sharing. Sooo many others with the same experience and worse... stranded...trapped... but they will never let you know... and worse... encourage you to come join.... like they did OP. Misery loves company. I can understand his plan... but like he said... if he experience that in nearby English speaking Ghana.... what would happen if it were in non English speaking Abidjan? To me...the message in this write up is don't base your plans on the words of 'friends'.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 01, 2019
Hm very interesting story and a lesson to us all dat if u want to travel make proper preparations. No jus get small money and jump enter another country like dat and dont be hoping to put ur baggage on any of ur guys living abroad cos d person too fit dey struggle for dere.

5 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Belial06: 4:49pm On Jun 01, 2019
distributeinc:

Most illegal immigrants are not well educated, being a graduate in a Nigerian University don't mean you have brains... this is not even the point of this discussion...stating that most Nigerians living here are not living good lives here is a fallacy, just because you get by living in a cold country, as a second class citizen...I rather live here.

Ok

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Btruth: 4:50pm On Jun 01, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:

I'm happy for your response. Seem the guy is high on something. Just leave him abeg.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) / Kechi Okwuchi: Throwback Photo Of Sosoliso Air Crash Survivor / The Story Of Mothman In Point Pleasant, West Virginia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.