Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,058 members, 7,814,641 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. (83348 Views)

Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures / Kenyan Who Went To Saudi In Search For A Greener Pasture Returns With 2 Kids / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by DonFebzyBlog(m): 4:02pm On Jun 01, 2019
Iyajelili:
This story of yiursust be fictional because I can't imagine someone passing through this shit in real life

It's real dear. I even had to cut it to be as short as possible.
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by KingOfAllIgbos: 4:02pm On Jun 01, 2019
grin[center][/center]
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Belial06: 4:02pm On Jun 01, 2019
PapaAdanna:

My friend shut up, did u actually read what he wrote or u just wanted to tell us that u are in Indonesia.

He said Ghana and you are here Banting around

I didn't read. It just fed up of posts like that

grin
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 01, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:

Please, continue
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 01, 2019
embarassed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by calculator123(m): 4:03pm On Jun 01, 2019
greggng:

Same indeed.com that many scammers are advertising jobs and ripping innocent people off
Abi o

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 01, 2019
Belial06:

But really actually UN stats show Nigeria is suffering a massive colossal brain drain your comment is false

90% of those traveling out are graduates with very good work experience seeking a better life the remaining 10% is jointly made up of those two classes you mentioned

You are wrong, I think you work as either a traveling racketeer or into some business that has to do with facilitating movement of Nigerian immigrants overseas, that is why you are encouraging it. Your facts are wrong, there are learned Nigerians here, working in top organisations, earning 1million naira/month as salary in Nigeria. Not all Nigerians are desperate, dumb and money hungry...people are building brands here, what are you saying?

In abroad they don't give immigrants top jobs, except you are trained overseas, you only do low cadre jobs ...don't disgrace yourself in a public forum with nonsense talks.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by DonFebzyBlog(m): 4:04pm On Jun 01, 2019
josephobaro:
please continue the story oo. I can relate well.

I finished it in page 2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 01, 2019
Fourcade:

Where in Douala?
Akwa,Douala bar ATM.
Why?you dey Douala too?
Will be heading to Limbe shortly but will return tonight.
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by 77up(m): 4:04pm On Jun 01, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:

Do you have common sense at all. Where did you see me advising anyone about traveling or not traveling. Is the topic to hard for you to comprehend that I am just sharing my experience. After you will think you know how to talk.
Seriously I hate your reply , how wish you can ignore that brag rat undecided

Pls do next time , thanks for sharing.
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by xandy84: 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2019
Why don't you sell everything and get a cheap bus back to naija? I can feel your pain bro... Some Naija abroad are let down

DonFebzyBlog:

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by calculator123(m): 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2019
Belial06:

It's people like you who are so ignorant and get scammed

You think being abroad makes you not pick your nose in public or scratch your anus and snif it ?

You really have self esteem issues due to extreme poverty of I had to guess

Grow up and do something with your life

Abroad isn't paradise but it's as close as you can get just as Nigeria isn't hell fire but it's as close as you can get to hell fire
Sorry I overestimated your IQ. Never mind, you can. have a filled day wallowing in the ocean of your stupidity and delusion. Adios.

6 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by PapaAdanna: 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:
We all stayed in one kind of abandoned open shop close to the church. Unlike most of the guys that were picking pure water sachet in the circle area, the guys here were doing more of hard labour like bricklayer work, offloading goods from containers because that area is an industrial area so there are many warehouses around. Many of them have been there for long so they had their connection and knew when jobs were coming up. I tried to get involved with anything I could do so I can survive but yet again everyone would always tell me I can't do those kind of jobs. I will force them to take me but at the end the supervisor will still reject me. I felt really bad but then I had to get back to my usual begging which was obviously the only one that favoured me. Somehow I really felt like God was with me because I never imagined doing those kind of jobs and God didn't allow me do it. Sometimes when they have church services am always looking for you to beg until one day one man told me he will report to the pastor because the pastor warned that if anyone is caught begging they should report security and arrest the person.

Let me try to cut the long story short so I don't have to write in different pages.
Staying at that shop space close to the church was a nightmare because when rain falls at night we are practically sleeping under the rain. The mosquito bite at night is terrible. The shocking thing was how new people come almost everyday with the same story of how someone ran with their money or how their money got missing at the border and we will all have to stay in that place together. Mind you we can only stay there at night because during the day it's in front of a factory and that's were their workers sit down during their break. So during the day we all have to disappear from there but our bags are there and we cover them with the cartons we spread on the floor to sleep. I had tried so hard to raise money to get back to Nigeria but it only seems I can just find money to eat and do little things and that was it. I had to make enquiries about the Nigerian embassy in Ghana and then I got the address. So one day I went to the Embassy and explained my situation. The man I met there was really so nice and helpful. He told me they will send my issue to the ambassador because I told them I needed to go and I had no were to stay if they don't attend to me that day and find money for me. Unfortunately they said the ambassador had an urgent meeting so he will have to see it tomorrow and any amount he approves they will let me know. I thought about going back to sleep in that store and I said not today, so I gave my usual pity face and said I don't have anywhere to stay. So they allowed me sleep somewhere inside the embassy. That was the best sleep I have had in ages and the best bath I had taken that night. It was like I should not come out the bathroom and they oven put AC for me but I put it off later because my body was not use to AC anymore. I felt so alive again praying and hoping they give me money to go.
The next day I got a very bad news that the ambassador didn't approve any money because Buhari has not released money to the embassy. I actually almost fainted because I could not imagine going back to that store house after sleeping in the embassy so I pleaded with the man to help me in anyway. Very nice man I will never forget. He told me to wait, he was going to rag all the workers and see what he could get for me. That was how he was able to raise 200ghc for me and then told me I should not use the naija buses because the money won't be enough but I should use the short cut which he wrote on paper for me. From Accra to Aflao, I cross through the back gate and enter Togo. From Togo to Seme and then to Mile 2.

I was so grateful to God for everything and that was how I found myself back home. I have been putting myself together and glory to God I now have a phone which I am using to type this story. I look forward to God that kept me safe all through that experience because I know he has better and bigger plans for me.

I believe I will be a testimony to many very soon.

This is my true life experience, I never made it to Abidjan but I came back home alive.

You are lazy anyway

U no get strength to work but u get mouth to beg.
And u are saying God is with u to beg around

See ur mouth, lazy folk

2 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by DonFebzyBlog(m): 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2019
Ennyhorlar:

Please, continue

I modified it in page two and finished it

2 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by planetx: 4:06pm On Jun 01, 2019
Belial06:

It's people like you who are so ignorant and get scammed

You think being abroad makes you not pick your nose in public or scratch your anus and snif it ?

You really have self esteem issues due to extreme poverty of I had to guess

Grow up and do something with your life

Abroad isn't paradise but it's as close as you can get just as Nigeria isn't hell fire but it's as close as you can get to hell fire
Which country are you living in the so called abroad so I can burst your bubble and expose you for the scammer that you are.

8 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Oyerinde16(m): 4:06pm On Jun 01, 2019
Belial06:

Oga it's okay na

If. You like die in Nigeria how e take concern anyone?

grin
I'm okay in Nigeria and I'm my own boss... But u are still mad aswear.

6 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Belial06: 4:07pm On Jun 01, 2019
distributeinc:

You are wrong, I think you work as either a traveling racketeer or into some business that has to do with facilitating movement of Nigerian immigrants overseas. Your facts are wrong, there are learned people here, not every Nigerian is desperate, dumb and money hungry...people are building brands here, what are you saying?

grin

Sir respectfully Google the last quarter UN report on illegal migration in sub Saharan Africa and middle eastern countries

I state again 90% of migrations from Nigeria are graduates with good experience seeking a greener pasture

And no I don't work in travel as you are trying to draw lines between my advise and personal gain as I have come to see the Nigerian way of thinking by default is advise is never offered free without a personal gain

I don't want or need anyone's money I am. Well. Off thankfully

Get your facts right

Typing in good grammar doesn't make wrong facts correct

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Fourcade(m): 4:07pm On Jun 01, 2019
nwanneni:
Akwa,Douala bar ATM. Why?you dey Douala too? Will be heading to Limbe shortly but will return tonight.
Yeah!
Vers Douche
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Belial06: 4:07pm On Jun 01, 2019
Oyerinde16:

I'm okay in Nigeria and I'm my own boss... But u are still mad aswear.

Okay na

grin

I agree well done
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Belial06: 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2019
planetx:
Which country are you living in the so called abroad so I can burst your bubble and expose you for the scammer that you are.

Oh my goodness

Bros see if only you know

grin
Like I said if you wan stay Nigeria stay there

Infact become. President
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by segun18(m): 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2019
Gforce2019:

Nah today? I remember similar story told by a friend heading to UK , on landing at the airport , after all the due process, the guy called his childhood friend, and the friend switch off his fone. Thank God that the guy brought enough money for lodging and food
That is a common thing here..Some will accommodate you and tell you you can stay for 4-6 weeks.If you arrive in Summer..they can let you stay longer because heating cost is Zero but if you arrive in Winter ...You will see the Anger on the face of your host after 4 weeks if you have not made Alternative accommodation arrangements.

10 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Belial06: 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2019
calculator123:

Sorry I overestimated your IQ. Never mind, you can. have a filled day wallowing in the ocean of your stupidity and delusion. Adios.

Adios ?
grin

Chai Google and DSTV are to blame grin

Alright

Nagode
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by slimthugchimee2(m): 4:09pm On Jun 01, 2019
PapaAdanna:

You are lazy anyway

U no get strength to work but u get mouth to beg.
And u are saying God is with u to beg around

See ur mouth, lazy folk

Please read it well

He said that they refused to give him work because they felt he didn't have the strength to do it even thou he was willing to do it

10 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 01, 2019
Fourcade:

Yeah!

Vers Douche
Wow!douche no far from Douala bar here na.
Where dem dey sell building materials and trucks dey stay na.i think COGENI Or quiferou Or so dey There ABI?
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Haykinsofficial: 4:13pm On Jun 01, 2019
Abeg make one pesin wake me if @op don cum bck...
We die hia 2day!

6 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Fourcade(m): 4:13pm On Jun 01, 2019
nwanneni:
Wow!douche no far from Douala bar here na.
Where dem dey sell building materials and trucks dey stay na.i think COGENI Or quiferou Or so dey There ABI?

Yeah. . .Quiferou and Cogeni!
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Iwanttoto1: 4:13pm On Jun 01, 2019
nwanneni:
My brother,e get the kind challenge in life person go see ehn,you will be forced to make a decision.either you do it and die(after all my life at the time was useless) or die of frustration.
So I made up my mind and entered the smuggling trade.(so far,so good)
Sure i will update the diary when I settle,have been moving a lot lately.I just got into Douala from libreville about 1hr ago

Mr Shiba ego. I thinks says u tucks say u dey amelika tongue tongue
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by emmabest2000(m): 4:14pm On Jun 01, 2019
Ghana tori grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by uboma(m): 4:14pm On Jun 01, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:

I finished it in page 2

I had to go back to read the conclusion.
It was a learning experience for you as well as for everyone here as well.

Good thing you returned to Nigeria in one piece

5 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 01, 2019
Fourcade:

Yeah. . .Quiferou and Cogeni!

Wow!small world indeed.

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Heylius(m): 4:15pm On Jun 01, 2019
We go dey alright las las bruh
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 01, 2019
Belial06:

grin

Sir respectfully Google the last quarter UN report on illegal migration in sub Saharan Africa and middle eastern countries

I state again 90% of migrations from Nigeria are graduates with good experience seeking a greener pasture

And no I don't work in travel as you are trying to draw lines between my advise and personal gain as I have come to see the Nigerian way of thinking by default is advise is never offered free without a personal gain

I don't want or need anyone's money I am. Well. Off thankfully

Get your facts right

Typing in good grammar doesn't make wrong facts correct

OLE, THIEF NO DEY ARGUE. WE HAVE REASONABLE, EXPOSED AND SEASONED PROFESSIONALS HERE ON NAIRALAND. YOU CANNOT COME HERE AND DUPE NAIRALANDERS.

WE ARE TRYING TO PURSUE BET SCAMMERS AND YOU ARE COMING UP WITH YOUR PETTY STORY.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) / Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) / Kechi Okwuchi: Throwback Photo Of Sosoliso Air Crash Survivor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.