Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? (12584 Views)

Photos Of Funny Looks In Today Reflection Of Apc Decides / Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare / Aba: A City In Ruins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by babapupa: 6:52pm On Oct 01, 2010
Ibo rage and anger in full effect,

Y'all need to pic a spokesman for me to address directly, too many loud mouths everywhere screaming and yelling at the same time.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by excanny: 7:02pm On Oct 01, 2010
tpiah:

^^you're contradicting yourself.

decongesting lagos will also decongest the slums, not so?

we are talking of reducing overcrowding and improving overall quality of life, and you seem to lack focus.

Stop imagining things. Are you on cracks?

It seems you know nothing about state revenue. With all the big guns gone elsewhere, that means reduced tax and less income.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by tpiah: 7:16pm On Oct 01, 2010
^^you're dreaming in la la land.

less crowding= better planning, more amenities for those who reside there.

check photos of lagos in 1965 and compare them with lagos in 2008.

notice anything?
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by excanny: 7:43pm On Oct 01, 2010
tpiah:

^^you're dreaming in la la land.

less crowding= better planning, more amenities for those who reside there.

check photos of lagos in 1965 and compare them with lagos in 2008.

notice anything?

It still depends on the type of crowd you are talking about.

Companies and businesses move with new ports created. Less crowding doesn't automatically equals to better plan. There are many cities in Nigeria that have lesser population than Lagos, but are not as developed as Lagos. So it's all about the state's ability to get internally generated revenue + whatever it can recieve from the Federation Account.

This is how Nigeria works, in case you are already lost.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by tpiah: 8:51pm On Oct 01, 2010
^^dont worry yourself about how lagos will generate revenue.

that is not a problem.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by excanny: 9:01pm On Oct 01, 2010
^^^ Maybe sell sands from the Bar Beach. That would be a nice idea.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by tpiah: 9:04pm On Oct 01, 2010
nothing wrong with selling sand if there's a market for it.

silicone chips are made from sand.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by HighChief4(m): 10:36pm On Oct 01, 2010
My Tribute To Nigeria 50Th Year Independence Anniversary!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGM7JbZGyIg
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Arysexy(m): 11:52pm On Oct 01, 2010

Babapupa, your own don too much sef. Lagos na your own? You want everybody to leave Lagos for you because you be Lagosian and not Nigerian abi? When we start to yarn of Civil war now, you go talk how one mechanised division take bomb Asaba, without asking why they were bombing Asaba in the first place.

You need to go and ask your father why he did not let Igbos to leave when we wanted to leave. Why he had to kill and risk dying just to Keep Igbos in Lagos state so that you will understand why you should shut your Eczema infested mouth. Crack head like you.

Pls mamapupa abi na babapupa answer the above question, pharoah why not let my ppl go?

I wonder what lagos will be if not for igbo boys? we came all the way from the east, we control things in ur lagos, we live in the most developed part of ur lagos viz-a-viz lekki, ikoyi, VI, ikeja, Ajao, Festac, Ago, Apapa,surulere etc while u the lagos owner live in the slum areas of Ajegunle, mushin, iyana-ipaja, abule-egba, ajah, ikotun, ajangbadi, we do our business in cluster areas we developed to our taste eg, Alaba, ladipo, Apapa wharf etc and ur lagos owners dont have say cos we pay them tax which are used to develop ur lagos. Ok now, it seems u have woken up from ur slumber and u want the igbo boys to leave lagos for u lazy f.ools without realising ur forefather's fought tooth and nail to make sure OMO-IBO doent leave lagos. u see ur life?

Lagos is nt the only yoriba state, where are others, cos we know who is developing lagos for u lagos owner, why are OMO-IBOS not migrating to ekiti state, even ondo state that is nearer to the east? Why? Do u think lagos was developed over nyt? was lagos not the capital of nigeria b4? just like Gwari ppl claiming they developed Abuja with their allocation if the capital of nigeria moves to another city, are u talking to a day old child? do u think the state allocation of lagos state can pay civil servant's salary? do u know its the OMO-IBOS that pay ur father's salary and develop ur lagos with their tax maoney? why are ur leaders always suppressing the opening up of onitsha port? why? why? they know the after effect / consequence. u need to have a re-think mr lagos owner!
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by bkbabe97y(m): 12:09am On Oct 02, 2010
Chuks84:

"beasts, monkeys cannibals, hyenas", these are words you use to quantify your fellow human being.

Who said I regarded the Ibo man as a human being?
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by shotster50(m): 12:22am On Oct 02, 2010
bk.babe97y:

It must suck to be you with all that hate right?
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by CGKing(m): 2:16am On Oct 02, 2010
the poster is obviously trying to be naughty. What he posted really makes no sense. Going by ur logic poster, it would be correct to say, Jos killings and the problems of the nation today is as a result of the inexistence of the Biafran state.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by HighChief4(m): 2:46am On Oct 02, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Did you grow up with dogs? Man it takes more energy and time to hate
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by bankol18(m): 11:59am On Oct 02, 2010
do u guyz still reply that schizophrenic motherfucker called [color=#770077]BKBABEFAG?[/color cry] the demented skinny lunatic with a hollow pitiful eyes evident of either brooklyn crack or malnutrition needs help, imagine the disgusting Latino LovePeddler of a bitch the ugly nigga poses with dirty yoruba bastard with filth-infested mouth, dude/gay for reals dawg u are friggin are ugly!- didirin oshi
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Ericology(m): 1:21pm On Oct 02, 2010
Justcash:

[b]It is quite unfortunate that someone that claims to be educated is judging a whole region based on a disturbing situation in a local government of a state.
At least Biafra was never allowed to exist. Why don't you ask why Sokoto, Kano, Lagos, Ibadan, other western states are still very backwards  despite the fact that they were homes to the supposed victors, and were never damaged like the East?
Have you ever seen a nation borne out of struggle for freedom in a retrogressive state? Biafrans would have had a bond sealed with blood, because they fought together to make the Biafran nation a reality. When there is such a bond, there is a spirit of unity. With the Unity that could have existed, coupled with the positive business minded attitude of Easterners and the abundant natural resources that would have been at Biafrans disposal, you can never say that Biafra would have been as backwards as Nigeria. Biafra would have been progressive. God blessed Biafra in such a way that the areas that were even very conscious of Land and are less Entreprenerial had Oil in abundance. Biafra would have been a beauty to behold. The fact that it would have been led by an educated, pro-developmental and passionate dictator, Odumegwu Ojukwu (Like Lee Kuan yew), would have been a plus (As far as I am concerned, democracy is a neo-colonial tool in Africa). Biafra would have had Genuine heroes, which is lacking in Nigeria.
Have you ever asked yourself why Igbo Youths are kidnapping? When you deprive a youth that has the urge to make money positively, and you leave him/her to slip gradually into a state of helplessness, what do you expect? Of course the youth will seek for any available way to survive. When there are no jobs, and youths are left to scrape out their own means of livelihood, without any help from a senseless government that had been dominated by the Hausas and Yorubas for a long time, what do you expect?
For real, the ranting and mockery of most Nigerians from other parts of Nigeria is a vindication of the statement of the U.S that Nigeria will split. I really hope it comes to reality, then we will know if Biafra will be retrogressive.
I use my nature to judge the nature of Igbo youths. I know that if I did not get a means to build my business up due to lack of employment or gross neglect from the government, and if I had become helpless, I would have looked for a way to make a living whether dangerously or otherwise. If Igbo youths are given the opportunity to build their businesses, there would have been abundance of jobs, and crime would be less. Even the Igbos that have businesses go through hell because of lack of infrastructures, which the federal government (dominated by Hausas and Yorubas) are directly responsible for. Look at the gross backwardness of Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi. Before Jonathan (Who atleast recognised the importance of Nnewi), No Nigerian leader deemed it fit to look into the employment generation potentials of those places. A simple loan scheme and provision of basic infrastructures would have created more businesses and employments in those places. Instead, all the government was concerned about was oil, oil and oil. Little wonder why instead of utilising the commercial potential of Places like Onitsha, the government is busy giving license to Petroleum firms to search Anambra lands for Oil. Nonsense!!!
Do you all ever ask why Igbos troop to Lagos and Abuja? You think it is because the places are beautiful? You must be insane if you think that way. The Igbos in those places wants to get closer to the government and basic infrastructures that aids businesses. If you notice, Igbos dominate in Asia and the United states. It is just for stability and business. Igbos troop out of Igbo lands in search of competitive advantage in business. They happen to go to those places and integrate effectively in those societies to make money. That is exactly why Igbos travel to the least expected places in the world, including Iraq.
Biafra would have been stable, and rich and I know that I would never have built my business in Asia.
Those of you talking crap about Igbos know nothing about the Igbos. It is either you Igbo critics are envious, or you simply are dying of ignorance.
Take out basic infrastructures and government support from China, and see how fast China will become a crime den. That is exactly what the federal government dominated by the Hausas and Yorubas has deprived  the Commercial conscious east.
The present Politicians that are in the East e.g Orji Uzor Kalu, Ohakim, Theodore Orji, Achike udenwa etc were all imposed on the East. The real men refused to compromise.
As Gowon said, Nigeria would have been nothing without the East. [/b]

Yeah my brother, u are right, Imagine about 5 or 6 northern states have international Airports while not a Single International Airport in the whole of South East, and u all think we are happy flying down to Lagos before taking the danger trip down to the East, i wlod love to leave Rome st8th to Enugu or Owerri
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Chuks84(m): 4:35pm On Oct 02, 2010
bk.babe97y:

You continue to give evidence of your decaying brain. What mental institute did you escape from?
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by bkbabe97y(m): 4:48pm On Oct 02, 2010
Chuks84:

. What mental institute did you escape from?

It used to be in this Utopia called Biafra. Which used to be a beautiful country (albeit filled with Kids with unusually big stomachs) until Ojukwu dressed like a biyycth and hauled aszz and bounced!
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by excanny: 6:07pm On Oct 02, 2010
bk.babe97y:

It used to be in this Utopia called Biafra. Which used to be a beautiful country (albeit filled with Kids with unusually big stomachs) until Ojukwu dressed like a biyycth and hauled aszz and bounced!

It seems you are going to end up dying with 'Ojukwu' and 'Biafra' as your last words.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Arysexy(m): 12:11am On Oct 03, 2010
It seems you are going to end up dying with 'Ojukwu' and 'Biafra' as your last words.

grin grin grin lol, the homo-erectus always pee on his pant at the mention of ojukwu or biafra. ojukwu will eventually give u ULTRA HIGH BP that will keep u indoor thinking about biafra and ojukwu. M.oron!
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by HighChief4(m): 12:27am On Oct 03, 2010
Arysexy:

grin grin grin lol, the homo-erectus always pee on his pant at the mention of ojukwu or biafra. ojukwu will eventually give u ULTRA HIGH BP that will keep u indoor thinking about biafra and ojukwu. M.oron!
The fool will never stop. Its so painful when you worry about som1 that doesnt even know you exist
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by londoner: 12:42am On Oct 03, 2010
Well, its useless to speculate, but,

IF Biafra would have been, MAYBE the people of the Niger Delta would have seen some development in their area.

MAYBE, because of that, there would have been no MEND or MILITANTS, or KIDNAPPING of oil workers.

MAYBE, others in IGBOLAND would have no thought about a copy cat tactic to fast easy money.

MAYBE then, people on NAIRALAND would not be so obsessed with Biafra their neighbouring country and the Igbo's as the "problem tribe" altogether,

But then, whats the use of ifs?

Apart from the cheap shots fired at anything Igbo, we Igbos need to address the situation fast, as we are the ones suffering the most under our own "kinsmen". Thats the truth we must face, whether we like it or not.

Just because your neighbours house is on fire at the same time as yours, doesn't mean you dont need to fetch water.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by londoner: 12:59am On Oct 03, 2010
I remember a thread not so long agao on the celebrity section of this site, where an Igbo poster created a thread about "our Igbo brother Chiwetel" doing so well.

Its funny, people stampeded him for making close reference to him being Igbo in particular and not simply Nigerian.

When it is something good, we Nigerians (ALL of us) love to claim the glory brought through other tribes whether it is people like Chinue Achebe, Sade, Seal, Wole Soyinka. Those people, because its positive allow us to see past their tribe to share in their glory.

When a darker reflection is on one of our number, as Nigerians we immediately and DESPERATELY seek to separate and love to tell ourselves"I'm not a part of it, its them over there". Just as we saw with MEND at the beginning of their kidnapping and bad press, Mutallab after "underpant gate" and the Igbos with this Aba situation.

This is what human beings do to eachother when there is no GENUINE bond or national identity. A little tap and it all comes tumbling down.

I said in that thread,
Mutallab may have been described as Nigerian by the west, but Nigerians saw his Hausa/Muslim heritage as prominant. The same way that they categorize "Nigerian" 419er whos name may be Emeka as an IGBO criminal. Lets stop kidding ourselves here people.

We always use tribe to distance ourselves from negatives and claim positives.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by bankol18(m): 10:14am On Oct 03, 2010
Chuks84:

You continue to give evidence of your decaying brain. What mental institute did you escape from? the lunatic is cursed,
bk.babe97y:

just the way u look posing with that bar-stripping latino LovePeddler, hollow-eyed ugly moderfucker like u, mumu
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by shotster50(m): 11:21am On Oct 04, 2010
londoner:

I remember a thread not so long agao on the celebrity section of this site, where an Igbo poster created a thread about "our Igbo brother Chiwetel" doing so well.

Its funny, people stampeded him for making close reference to him being Igbo in particular and not simply Nigerian.

When it is something good, we Nigerians (ALL of us) love to claim the glory brought through other tribes whether it is people like Chinue Achebe, Sade, Seal, Wole Soyinka. Those people, because its positive allow us to see past their tribe to share in their glory.

When a darker reflection is on one of our number, as Nigerians we immediately and DESPERATELY seek to separate and love to tell ourselves"I'm not a part of it, its them over there". Just as we saw with MEND at the beginning of their kidnapping and bad press, Mutallab after "underpant gate" and the Igbos with this Aba situation.

This is what human beings do to eachother when there is no GENUINE bond or national identity. A little tap and it all comes tumbling down.

I said in that thread,
Mutallab may have been described as Nigerian by the west, but Nigerians saw his Hausa/Muslim heritage as prominant. The same way that they categorize "Nigerian" 419er whos name may be Emeka as an IGBO criminal. Lets stop kidding ourselves here people.

We always use tribe to distance ourselves from negatives and claim positives.

Very spot on.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by phreakabit(m): 8:13pm On Oct 04, 2010
@ babapupa

5 tips to make you a better MAN

1,Stop talking like a woman

2,Learn to speak,read and write proper English

3,Stop being a hater,thats just bitchy and gay ( Although, I think you are)

4,Do some stumble reading it would help you get your facts right and grow your watery brain into a solid muff,hopefully

5,Learn to wash your G-E-N-I-T-A-L-S.

Just tips from one brother to another!

Cheers Mate  cool
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by letonB(f): 1:16pm On Oct 05, 2010
A people who can use their own mother
to make money,
obtain chieftains title with such wealth
continue life without remorse fear them!
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by phantom(m): 1:27pm On Oct 05, 2010
@leton, clap for yourself. "brilliant" post but i think you should bother yourself more with your ijaw neighbours who slaughter you guyz at will,
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by chyz(m): 1:39pm On Oct 05, 2010
I was wondering why this thread continued to grow,now I see why. Look enough of the taslk Biafra is going to be actualized is as simple as that.There is nothing you or i can do about it. My Igbo brothers just continue to ignore the Hating Nation's comments.I've put my ghanaian friends on to nairaland and they now laugh at the Scare-Faced tribe cuz they can't believe how one tribe could be so jealous and envious about another.LOL grin

Discuss our issues and ignore the comments of the Hating Nation. Jisike! I'm out cool
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by DatNiggaAk(m): 2:25pm On Oct 05, 2010
[b]Ibos are a people i have a lot of respect for and admire.
at the same time, i also avoid some of them.
most of my closest friends are Ibos and people even mistake me for one atimes
at the same time, i'm very careful when it comes to running any business with those not close to me.
i once went to Bauchi and as beautiful as it was, it looked like a town where people went to
work in the morning but refused to come back home at night. the reason was simply that
most of the ibo traders no longer invested in the city because of their mutallab tendencies.
the biggest supermarket i came across then(3 yrs ago) was at a total filling station.
Nigeria needs the Ibos and they equally need Nigeria.
giving excuses for the participation of some ibo people in heinous activities such as armed robbery,
kidnapping and prostitution is wrong. it is as a result of the society they live in which respects money
no matter how it is made. that is why someone would go into such especially when greed is involved.
if leaders are forced on the ibos like someone claimed here, then it is your duties as ibos to force such
puppet leaders out. i was in owerri and a friend who is a politician there said babangida aka IBB aka
Independence Bomb Blast aka The Evil Genius is likely to win the east come 2011
can you imagine that? why would ibos vote for IBB?
[/b]
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by excanny: 8:25pm On Oct 05, 2010
letonB:

to make money,

Let me guess. When you said 'A people who can use their mother to make money', you were referring to Igbos.

I'm interested in this one. Really? So they can do that?

You mind telling us how you came about this info? Any newspaper report, or were you personally an eyewitness of such a transaction? I'll like to know.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by phreakabit(m): 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2010
to make money,

LOL, stop trying too hard to speak queens English, if your father hadn't spent his time and money eating amala and kpomo at Iya muslimats joint at the B/stop, just as his kins men do, whilst your future rotted away at alwaoro primary school then probably you wouldn't be as dumb as you are. At first time assessment i would say, you are as smart as an Intelligent mongoloid, or there about.

I am correct abi, honestly tell me the truth?
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Onlytruth(m): 9:37pm On Oct 05, 2010
phreakabit:

@ babapupa

5 tips to make you a better MAN

1,Stop talking like a woman

2,Learn to speak,read and write proper English

3,Stop being a hater,thats just bitchy and gay ( Although, I think you are)

4,Do some stumble reading it would help you get your facts right and grow your watery brain into a solid muff,hopefully

5,Learn to wash your G-E-N-I-T-A-L-S.

Just tips from one brother to another!

Cheers Mate  cool

Just when you think Nigerians have exhausted their ingenious humor, they come up with another!
lmao!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Adeseye Ogunlewe Dumps PDP For APC / Ignore Malicious 2023 Posters Of Abdulsamad Rabiu - BUA / You Are Dazed By Atiku Abubakar’s Popularity - PDP Replies Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.