Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? (12593 Views)

Photos Of Funny Looks In Today Reflection Of Apc Decides / Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare / Aba: A City In Ruins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by HighChief4(m): 5:02pm On Sep 30, 2010
ezeagu:

Okay, my thoughts:

With a country fought and won with by the blood of loved ones, friends and colleagues, Igbo and other same peoples (Ibibio, etc) would feel 1000% more ownership and responsibility plus belonging to the state which has been called Biafra. With this there is no way in the Igbo/Ibibio underworld that the situations that led to these kidnappers would happen which has led to a school bus disappearing. The first big thing is that all the damaging conflicts about identity would be little to gone, and the country would have had the same stability as Ghana now.

Why kidnapping wouldn't happen in Biafra as in Aba:
1. Aba is a city, Biafra was a country with more than 50,000 square kilometres of territory
2. The country would be more economically stable, and with the culture of the people, many people would afford to be armed with legal guns
3. The police would have been well fed
4. Graduated would be at work, kids would be at school

Get it? smiley

I would say the dream of Biafra is getting stronger again, as was predicted. . . .

Gbam!! Gbam!!!
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by yeswecan(m): 5:15pm On Sep 30, 2010
Folks acting like Biafra's a country already. . Igbo this and Igbo that - writing in Igbo and sounding like it is a different country only show how difficult some of you guys could be. People's position are expected to change with time, if you remain constant you will live in bitterness.  You guys have to learn to see things from a general view point and stop this separatist philosophy. I understand and respect the Igbo a lot. . you will never find a beggar in the east, all productive, neat and industrious.  It’s time for us to stop talking about the civil war and concentrate on how to move this country forward. We are all brothers now the earlier you see that the better for us. we have fight on all front. The problem of the Igbo cannot be separated from that of Yoruba or Edo for instance. . we are the generation – we are catching the same hell from these political elites-   we are the once we have been waiting for it is better for us to start negotiating a better future for our children based on the part where we agree instead of concentrating on our disagreement. Even if the Biafra has worked out there would still be a bit of disagreement – people cannot agree all the time, we compromise and work out things.

this tread is pointless.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by excanny: 5:18pm On Sep 30, 2010
85% of the
prostitues are ibos

@DatniggaAk

Your ignorance doesn't amaze me. An average Yoruba believe that if you dont speak Yoruba or Hausa, then you are Igbo. Why wouldn't you come up with a confused statistics like this when you cant differentiate an idoma from an ibibio/efik, or an esan from an ogoja native.

Whatever it is that you been smoking is really working wonders on you
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 30, 2010
excanny:

@DatniggaAk

Your ignorance doesn't amaze me. An average Yoruba believe that if you dont speak Yoruba or Hausa, then you are Igbo. Why wouldn't you come up with a confused statistics like this when you cant differentiate an idoma from an ibibio/efik, or an esan from an ogoja native.

Whatever it is that you been smoking is really working wonders on you

You're both swimming in ignorance, because last time I checked, Yoruba was neither a language or a group of ppl.

yeswecan:

Folks acting like Biafra's a country already. . Igbo this and Igbo that - writing in Igbo and sounding like it is a different country only show how difficult some of you guys could be. People's position are expected to change with time, if you remain constant you will live in bitterness.  You guys have to learn to see things from a general view point and stop this separatist philosophy. I understand and respect the Igbo a lot. . you will never find a beggar in the east, all productive, neat and industrious.  It’s time for us to stop talking about the civil war and concentrate on how to move this country forward. We are all brothers now the earlier you see that the better for us. we have fight on all front. The problem of the Igbo cannot be separated from that of Yoruba or Edo for instance. . we are the generation – we are catching the same hell from these political elites-   we are the once we have been waiting for it is better for us to start negotiating a better future for our children based on the part where we agree instead of concentrating on our disagreement. Even if the Biafra has worked out there would still be a bit of disagreement – people cannot agree all the time, we compromise and work out things.

this tread is pointless.

You are O.Y.O

jaygetta:

The sad situation in Aba is not only a disgrace to the entire Igbo race, but also to the Nigerian populace as a whole.

GBAM!
The thread was stu pid on its own. I dont understand how someone can judge a "would-be" by what's happening in one region.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by MaziUche0(m): 5:31pm On Sep 30, 2010
We Igbos will continue to remain separatist. Just get over it people!

Put it up for a vote and see if the Igbo want to remain in this union.

75% of all Igbos would opt of this union. Put it up for a vote like what is happening in Sudan. We do not see eye to eye with the Hausa or the Yoruba so why are we in this FOOLISH nation?
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by excanny: 5:33pm On Sep 30, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

You're both swimming in ignorance, because last time I checked, Yoruba was neither a language or a group of ppl.

My dear, i didn't mean you. These your brothers dey make person vex with their upside down questions.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by MaziUche0(m): 5:36pm On Sep 30, 2010
excanny:

My dear, i didn't mean you. These your brothers dey make person vex with their upside down questions.

Do not mind her o! She has been biased throughout this thread. I shall put her in her place very soon. You better believe that.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 30, 2010
excanny:

No problem grin I understand, some ppl are retarded with their replies, esp the poster.

MaziUche0:

Do not mind her o! She has been biased throughout this thread. I shall put her in her place very soon. You better believe that.
I thought I never get you angry? grin
Better behave or the thread will close with me and you getting banned.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by MaziUche0(m): 5:44pm On Sep 30, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I thought I never get you angry? grin
Better behave or the thread will close with me and you getting banned.

I do not get angry with you my dear. You may irritate me at times, but you do not make me get angry.

But I will put you in your place if I have to. I will call a spade a spade. Stop attacking my brothers.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 30, 2010
MaziUche0:

We Igbos will continue to remain separatist. Just get over it people!

75% of all Igbos would opt of this union. Put it up for a vote like what is happening in Sudan. We do not see eye to eye with the Hausa or the Yoruba so why are we in this FOOLISH nation?

Nigeria is not a foolish nation, we just have a misfortune of having a lot of foolish people like you. Even if you have Biafra, you will still have to deal with all the degenerates running around in iboland.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 30, 2010
MaziUche0:

I do not get angry with you my dear. You may irritate me at times, but you do not make me get angry.

But I will put you in your place if I have to. I will call a spade a spade. Stop attacking my brothers.
Last time I checked, I was attacking both side of the coin.

Admit it, you just want to argue with someone. And BTW, you can NEVER put me in your own definition of "MY PLACE", se o ti gbo?
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by phantom(m): 5:57pm On Sep 30, 2010
we r a cursed nation.mark my words untill we go back to '66/67 we are goin no where as a nation, until the truths of that period are revealed and responsibilities taken,forget progress in this country,
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by babapupa: 6:20pm On Sep 30, 2010
Yes, Fashola is doing a very good job in Lagos, but is Lagos State a representative of all the Yoruba States?  I for one I am not losing sleep over the Yorubas, but when people like you start to talk rubbish you have to be educated.  What is happening in Aba can easily happen in any part of Nigeria including Lagos, to think otherwise is very foolish.  I am done talking to you because you are no different from your Igbo counterparts

I just enunciated what the leadership in my own state did to tackle crime. The fact is, my state did not point fingers at the federal government, my state did not point fingers at any other Yoruba state, my state the not  point fingers at Ibo people, the leadership got off their asses and did what's best for the people of Lagos state.

The sad part is the fact that after so many posts about Yoruba people this, Yoruba people that, you still haven't offered any sane and rational concern, ideas or solutions to help your own people.

What are you going to educate me about? You can even educate yourself about your own people.

Your idiotic references to Yoruba people while your own people are slaughtering your own people wont stop another killing or kidnapping of your own people.

Ibo people have been pointing fingers for decades to deflect responsibilities and acceptance of failure from their national leaders down to the local leaders.

I stated to you what a state in Nigeria did to solve crime and instead of understanding the fact that with good leadership, crime could be fought and dealt  with in Iboland just like Lagos, you went on the same meaningless and nonsensical Yoruba crap.

You keep repeating the same pointless nonsense abou what is happening in Aba could happen in any other state, No S/hit. We got that already, but people are getting killed and kidnapped in Aba to day, what are your leaders doing to arrest the problem? What ideas or solutions do you have for your own people.

All this useless other people diversion wont help you or your people.

Obviously, all most of you care about is your silly and misguided tribal pride, never your dying and kidnapped people.

Your leaders failed you all and sadly, you the so called leaders or ibo people of tomorrow are equally clueless and are all drinking from the same fold hands and point fingers fountain ibo people have been drinking from for decades.

I so feel sorry for you all,
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by DeLaRue: 6:40pm On Sep 30, 2010
@MaziUche

[/quote]We Igbos will continue to remain separatist. Just get over it people!

75% of all Igbos would opt of this union. Put it up for a vote like what is happening in Sudan. We do not see eye to eye with the Hausa or the Yoruba so why are we in this FOOLISH nation?[quote]

Truth be told, in real life, I've never witnessed any negative discussion concerning Igbos as a people at all! There's absolutely no hatred/jealousy from my Yoruba friends towards any particular tribe in Nigeria. .

Political discussions in my circle tend to be about Nigeria as a country, rather than any particular tribe. Mayb I move in d wrong circle. I've been shocked by what I've seen on this site.

And I would be surprised if any of my friends would object to the Igbos or Hausas wanting a referendum about remaining as part of Nigeria. Like every marriage that comes to an end, your departure would be regretable & sad, but I agree with u entirely, that if the majority of Igbos want it, then it should happen.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by ezeagu(m): 6:49pm On Sep 30, 2010
yeswecan:

this tread is pointless.

No offence, but this view is one of the problems with Nigeria. Everyone isn't going through the same situation and everyone doesn't have the same source of problems. You cannot tell me that the Ogoni, for example, are going through the same hardship as the Nupe, or that a Kanuri is as disadvantaged in politics as an Urhobo.

If everyone is suffering the same from the same group of leaders, who dish out discrimination evenly, then you wouldn't even get these threads (created by a non Igbo, like most of them are)
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Afam4eva(m): 6:53pm On Sep 30, 2010
Na waoo. Igbo or Biafra topics must pass 5 pages. Some people just need to stop thinking of Igbos when M-A-S-T-U-R-B-A-T-I-N-G.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by olafolarin(m): 11:06pm On Sep 30, 2010
OPC crisis in Lagos? When was that?
OPC (youth wing led by Ganiyu Adams)was formed to check crime rate in Lagos and it did just that successfully.Good enough to be copied by our eastern brothers through the creation of Bakassi Boys.
Recent happenings in Aba is as a result of failure of govt to provide security for it's citizenry.
It shows that the governor can't rule that state.
Lagos,Ogun,Oyo and Osun states are more populated than Abia state and yet we don't. Hear of kidnappings of
everybody and everything.Olaf riders are being kidnapped for recharge cards in Aba.
That's just ridiculous.The governor should be impeached immediately for imcompetence.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by nauvel: 11:26pm On Sep 30, 2010
When thinking about secession, try looking at it from a proper socio-economic angle.
In 1966, the Nigerian society was not as inter-tribal as it is now, where an Igbo man now has multi-storey buildings and businesses in the south-west or Abuja.
If a secession takes place, there will be heavy loses for whoever is seceding.

What also happens to those who have married into other tribes?

Instead of the cry for secession think of ways to improve the quality of life in the South East as a whole. Implore your leaders to implement policies and projects that will enhance the lives of everybody.
This advice also applies to Nigeria as a whole.
Tribalism and finger-pointing will lead us nowhere as a nation!
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by olafolarin(m): 12:27am On Oct 01, 2010
Ndigbo is blaming anything and everything that goes wrong in their region on the Yorubas.
They should instead look Inward and profer solution to their problems.
Kidnapping school children is the height of greed, desperation and mediocrity.
No one except Ndigbo itself is to blame for the show of moral decay.Maybe the larger society should play down the role played by Money.For it is the root of all evils.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by jaygetta(m): 12:58am On Oct 01, 2010
olafolarin:

Ndigbo is blaming anything and everything that goes wrong in their region on the Yorubas.
No one except Ndigbo itself is to blame for the show of moral decay.Maybe the larger society should play down the role played by Money.For it is the root of all evils.

Exactly! I cant but agree with you, however; To those disparaging the Igbos, I say "SHAME ON YOU". The outside world sees this as a "NIGERIAN" problem, not an Igbo one. And to the Igbo sons on here shamelessly trying to shift blame as to why their kinsmen and brothers commit these heinous crimes, I say also "SHAME ON YOU"; this tells your mentality as a people and defending their atrocities shows that if given the opportunity, and if you thought you'd get away with it, you'd do worse!
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by asoderock(m): 12:59am On Oct 01, 2010
If you have not been to Nigeria & hearing some clowns here spew nonesense, you will think that other parts of the country are always citadel of peace & prosperity. Alas! Boko Haram in the north, militancy in Niger Delta, ethnic cleansing in Jos, Area boys & motorpark tout rampage in the west are not exactly symptoms of a healthy nation. All these things you see today are the fallout of a sick country, & we should rather direct our energy to possible solutions rather than engage in endless ethnic bickering.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by ezeagu(m): 1:05am On Oct 01, 2010
olafolarin:

jaygetta:

Exactly! I cant but agree with you, however; To those disparaging the Igbos, I say "SHAME ON YOU". The outside world sees this as a "NIGERIAN" problem, not an Igbo one.   And to the Igbo sons on here shamelessly trying to shift blame as to why their kinsmen and brothers commit these heinous crimes, I say also "SHAME ON YOU"; this tells your mentality as a people and defending their atrocities shows that if given the opportunity, and if you thought you'd get away with it, you'd do worse!

Abeg, you people should cut the crap, which Igbo society is in decay? Oh, so which Igbo army or Igbo federal police should be looking after this situation, or is it that Nigeria has give Igboland full autonomy? If you are blaming some imaginary Igbo law enforcement why don't you materialise it and allow the whole area to secede? Because of one unstable city, people have now gained patronising rites when we know that Area boys rule Lagos streets? Can you walk out of Murtala Muhammed without knowing not a single person and not get mugged/rāped/killed or all of the above?
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Arysexy(m): 1:12am On Oct 01, 2010
I've been an observer ob this thread, now its time to comment

@ poster, OTU NNE GI GBAKWA OKU, NKITA LACHA KWA GI ANYA, OTOLO CHENYE GI IKE NA MPIO, IWU ANUOFIA!

i have noticed that many Yoruba bu.ffoons on NL have igbo-phobia, and to douse their tension they invent all kinds of igbo-denegrating topics. I laugh when some i.diots compare igboland with lagos state, thats an irony. ok apart from lagos which other state in the SW can match SE in terms of development? Go to yoruba states toady, all u see are colonial structures put up by awolowo and nothing more, Ibadan aerial view is nothing but rusted corrugated zinc dotting the whole town, where else? osun, ekiti, ogun, ondo which of them is developed? ok compare that with SE states that were razed down to ashes , Enugu is still setting the blaze, Anambara has 3 cities, onitsha, Awka, nnewi, Owerri in Imo is better than any of the SW state capitals apart from lagos. There is no comparison in terms of development.  My town Awka was razed down to nothing, just one upstair was standing after the war, go there today and see. U guys keep marvelling me.

What has a crime committed in a little town of Aba got to do with Biafra or igboland? @ poster remove the log in ur eyes b4 looking at the dust in another man's eye. Ur tribalistic blood can be traced to ur little god, so am nt suprised. Odua republic u guys are clamoring for, can it stand with ur Agbero traits? political killings in ur region? backstabing in ur region? and who says there is no kidnapping in yorubaland? if u dont have job, go join ur brothers at the park rather than talking trash. I pity ur life, bc the hatred u ppl have for igbos can never make us slack, we are known for hardwork and so no amount of child talk like urs can move us. Look when u are thru wif solving ur yoruba Alaye problems, u can ask for permission to help us, we dont need ur help, else thunder go fire ur tiger-whisker- face. I.diot ngabti/Yoruba backstabber!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by shotster50(m): 1:28am On Oct 01, 2010
@ Olafolarin

I think it is nonsensical for you to say that Ndigbos blame Yorubas for their problems.  

@ OP

You are an absolute disgrace for even thinking that up. How you could even dream that up is  beyond me.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Abagworo(m): 1:42am On Oct 01, 2010
My yoruba friends happen to be from big homes and are therefore detribalised and more informed like every other Nigerian from big home.Most of those that condemn other ethnic groups are usually street people and touts who lack exposure and inter-ethnic marriages in their blood.

I will like people to always differentiate between Biafra and Igbo.If Igbos want a country,it is definitely not Biafra.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by mensdept: 2:09am On Oct 01, 2010
There's too much grammar for here jor'

The answer to TOPIC is that assuming Biafra stood, we could ASSUME that Aba and Biafra would be better than today's ABA, ABIA STATE.

Now, of course there's no way to prove this, other than looking at how bad Aba is, it would make sense that it couldn't be worse elsewhere under a different framework.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Justcash(m): 2:13am On Oct 01, 2010
[b]It is quite unfortunate that someone that claims to be educated is judging a whole region based on a disturbing situation in a local government of a state.
At least Biafra was never allowed to exist. Why don't you ask why Sokoto, Kano, Lagos, Ibadan, other western states are still very backwards  despite the fact that they were homes to the supposed victors, and were never damaged like the East?
Have you ever seen a nation borne out of struggle for freedom in a retrogressive state? Biafrans would have had a bond sealed with blood, because they fought together to make the Biafran nation a reality. When there is such a bond, there is a spirit of unity. With the Unity that could have existed, coupled with the positive business minded attitude of Easterners and the abundant natural resources that would have been at Biafrans disposal, you can never say that Biafra would have been as backwards as Nigeria. Biafra would have been progressive. God blessed Biafra in such a way that the areas that were even very conscious of Land and are less Entreprenerial had Oil in abundance. Biafra would have been a beauty to behold. The fact that it would have been led by an educated, pro-developmental and passionate dictator, Odumegwu Ojukwu (Like Lee Kuan yew), would have been a plus (As far as I am concerned, democracy is a neo-colonial tool in Africa). Biafra would have had Genuine heroes, which is lacking in Nigeria.
Have you ever asked yourself why Igbo Youths are kidnapping? When you deprive a youth that has the urge to make money positively, and you leave him/her to slip gradually into a state of helplessness, what do you expect? Of course the youth will seek for any available way to survive. When there are no jobs, and youths are left to scrape out their own means of livelihood, without any help from a senseless government that had been dominated by the Hausas and Yorubas for a long time, what do you expect?
For real, the ranting and mockery of most Nigerians from other parts of Nigeria is a vindication of the statement of the U.S that Nigeria will split. I really hope it comes to reality, then we will know if Biafra will be retrogressive.
I use my nature to judge the nature of Igbo youths. I know that if I did not get a means to build my business up due to lack of employment or gross neglect from the government, and if I had become helpless, I would have looked for a way to make a living whether dangerously or otherwise. If Igbo youths are given the opportunity to build their businesses, there would have been abundance of jobs, and crime would be less. Even the Igbos that have businesses go through hell because of lack of infrastructures, which the federal government (dominated by Hausas and Yorubas) are directly responsible for. Look at the gross backwardness of Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi. Before Jonathan (Who atleast recognised the importance of Nnewi), No Nigerian leader deemed it fit to look into the employment generation potentials of those places. A simple loan scheme and provision of basic infrastructures would have created more businesses and employments in those places. Instead, all the government was concerned about was oil, oil and oil. Little wonder why instead of utilising the commercial potential of Places like Onitsha, the government is busy giving license to Petroleum firms to search Anambra lands for Oil. Nonsense!!!
Do you all ever ask why Igbos troop to Lagos and Abuja? You think it is because the places are beautiful? You must be insane if you think that way. The Igbos in those places wants to get closer to the government and basic infrastructures that aids businesses. If you notice, Igbos dominate in Asia and the United states. It is just for stability and business. Igbos troop out of Igbo lands in search of competitive advantage in business. They happen to go to those places and integrate effectively in those societies to make money. That is exactly why Igbos travel to the least expected places in the world, including Iraq.
Biafra would have been stable, and rich and I know that I would never have built my business in Asia.
Those of you talking crap about Igbos know nothing about the Igbos. It is either you Igbo critics are envious, or you simply are dying of ignorance.
Take out basic infrastructures and government support from China, and see how fast China will become a crime den. That is exactly what the federal government dominated by the Hausas and Yorubas has deprived  the Commercial conscious east.
The present Politicians that are in the East e.g Orji Uzor Kalu, Ohakim, Theodore Orji, Achike udenwa etc were all imposed on the East. The real men refused to compromise.
As Gowon said, Nigeria would have been nothing without the East. [/b]
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Arysexy(m): 2:27am On Oct 01, 2010

Now, of course there's no way to prove this, other than looking at how bad Aba is, it would make sense that it couldn't be worse elsewhere under a different framework.

and how does that make sense to u? where ur region has 6 states and SE has 5? are the resources judiciously shared? even at that, policing the state is out of the control of the governor in so far as we dont have state police, same thing is happening to plateau state, where the governor doesnt have control over the state, this kind of things are bound to happen. The solution is regional govt or division of this country, bc some regions are marginalised in the scheme of things in this country. Aba was known for its industrialisation and commerce but due to the decay of infrastructure and neglect by the FG, most of these guys are left with no alternative than to do what they r doing, no power to work, no good road, the economy is getting worse every day. In as much as i dont support the crime in Aba, the govt should also look at the root cause of this bc Aba ppl are known for their ingenuity, something must have prmpted this sudden turn of events.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by mensdept: 3:08am On Oct 01, 2010
Arysexy:

and how does that make sense to u? where your region has 6 states and SE has 5? are the resources judiciously shared? even at that, policing the state is out of the control of the governor in so far as we dont have state police, same thing is happening to plateau state, where the governor doesnt have control over the state, this kind of things are bound to happen. The solution is regional govt or division of this country, bc some regions are marginalised in the scheme of things in this country. Aba was known for its industrialisation and commerce but due to the decay of infrastructure and neglect by the FG, most of these guys are left with no alternative than to do what they r doing, no power to work, no good road, the economy is getting worse every day. In as much as i dont support the crime in Aba, the govt should also look at the root cause of this bc Aba ppl are known for their ingenuity, something must have prmpted this sudden turn of events.

You seemed confused. You are saying basically what I said. Aba in a different framework than it is today (assuming its under a "Biafra"wink, would be different. The "FG neglect " you speak of is under Aba, Abia State, no?

Second, you can't continue to blame FG when those who speak the same language, come from the same towns, are betraying their own people.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by babapupa: 3:41am On Oct 01, 2010
Justcash:

[b]It is quite unfortunate that someone that claims to be educated is judging a whole region based on a disturbing situation in a local government of a state.
At least Biafra was never allowed to exist. Why don't you ask why Sokoto, Kano, Lagos, Ibadan, other western states are still very backwards  despite the fact that they were homes to the supposed victors, and were never damaged like the East?
Have you ever seen a nation borne out of struggle for freedom in a retrogressive state? Biafrans would have had a bond sealed with blood, because they fought together to make the Biafran nation a reality. When there is such a bond, there is a spirit of unity. With the Unity that could have existed, coupled with the positive business minded attitude of Easterners and the abundant natural resources that would have been at Biafrans disposal, you can never say that Biafra would have been as backwards as Nigeria. Biafra would have been progressive. God blessed Biafra in such a way that the areas that were even very conscious of Land and are less Entreprenerial had Oil in abundance. Biafra would have been a beauty to behold. The fact that it would have been led by an educated, pro-developmental and passionate dictator, Odumegwu Ojukwu (Like Lee Kuan yew), would have been a plus (As far as I am concerned, democracy is a neo-colonial tool in Africa). Biafra would have had Genuine heroes, which is lacking in Nigeria.
Have you ever asked yourself why Igbo Youths are kidnapping? When you deprive a youth that has the urge to make money positively, and you leave him/her to slip gradually into a state of helplessness, what do you expect? Of course the youth will seek for any available way to survive. When there are no jobs, and youths are left to scrape out their own means of livelihood, without any help from a senseless government that had been dominated by the Hausas and Yorubas for a long time, what do you expect?
For real, the ranting and mockery of most Nigerians from other parts of Nigeria is a vindication of the statement of the U.S that Nigeria will split. I really hope it comes to reality, then we will know if Biafra will be retrogressive.
I use my nature to judge the nature of Igbo youths. I know that if I did not get a means to build my business up due to lack of employment or gross neglect from the government, and if I had become helpless, I would have looked for a way to make a living whether dangerously or otherwise. If Igbo youths are given the opportunity to build their businesses, there would have been abundance of jobs, and crime would be less. Even the Igbos that have businesses go through hell because of lack of infrastructures, which the federal government (dominated by Hausas and Yorubas) are directly responsible for. Look at the gross backwardness of Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi. Before Jonathan (Who atleast recognised the importance of Nnewi), No Nigerian leader deemed it fit to look into the employment generation potentials of those places. A simple loan scheme and provision of basic infrastructures would have created more businesses and employments in those places. Instead, all the government was concerned about was oil, oil and oil. Little wonder why instead of utilising the commercial potential of Places like Onitsha, the government is busy giving license to Petroleum firms to search Anambra lands for Oil. Nonsense!!!
Do you all ever ask why Igbos troop to Lagos and Abuja? You think it is because the places are beautiful? You must be insane if you think that way. The Igbos in those places wants to get closer to the government and basic infrastructures that aids businesses. If you notice, Igbos dominate in Asia and the United states. It is just for stability and business. Igbos troop out of Igbo lands in search of competitive advantage in business. They happen to go to those places and integrate effectively in those societies to make money. That is exactly why Igbos travel to the least expected places in the world, including Iraq.
Biafra would have been stable, and rich and I know that I would never have built my business in Asia.
Those of you talking crap about Igbos know nothing about the Igbos. It is either you Igbo critics are envious, or you simply are dying of ignorance.
Take out basic infrastructures and government support from China, and see how fast China will become a crime den. That is exactly what the federal government dominated by the Hausas and Yorubas has deprived  the Commercial conscious east.
The present Politicians that are in the East e.g Orji Uzor Kalu, Ohakim, Theodore Orji, Achike udenwa etc were all imposed on the East. The real men refused to compromise.
As Gowon said, Nigeria would have been nothing without the East. [/b]

Every corner of Nigerian is facing the same youth unemployment issue and you don't see youths in other parts of Nigerian slaughtering and kidnapping their own people and innocent children because of greed/Money.

This is purely a social culture of mean-spiritedness and violence prevalent in the average ibo community and we see the same culture of violence in America where ibo men are killing their wives and the mothers if their kids. They just have no respect and value for human life.

The greatest insult is the fact that every ibo man from the leadership to the ones on NL will forever point fingers elsewhere and blame other people for problems emanating from under their noses from their Biafra misadventure till this second. It is really stupid and dishonest to say things are bad because your own country men are imposed on you? It's like ibo people don't believe in responsibility and accountability. Are they not your own brothers and sisters and don't ya'll speak the same language?
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Echidime(m): 3:53am On Oct 01, 2010
I see this nairaland has turn to a gossiping and tribalistic forum.

No body her is telling us if the kidnapped kids has been found
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by birdman(m): 4:44am On Oct 01, 2010
ezeagu:

Okay, my thoughts:

With a country fought and won with by the blood of loved ones, friends and colleagues, Igbo and other same peoples (Ibibio, etc) would feel 1000% more ownership and responsibility plus belonging to the state which has been called Biafra. With this there is no way in the Igbo/Ibibio underworld that the situations that led to these kidnappers would happen which has led to a school bus disappearing. The first big thing is that all the damaging conflicts about identity would be little to gone, and the country would have had the same stability as Ghana now.

Why kidnapping wouldn't happen in Biafra as in Aba:
1. Aba is a city, Biafra was a country with more than 50,000 square kilometres of territory
2. The country would be more economically stable, and with the culture of the people, many people would afford to be armed with legal guns
3. The police would have been well fed
4. Graduated would be at work, kids would be at school

Get it? smiley

I would say the dream of Biafra is getting stronger again, as was predicted. . . .

The only countries that were birthed from war, and remained stable have been ethnically homogeneous, with shared histories and identity dating back centuries. Even, then, a healthy dose of propaganda is still needed to grease the wheels of the country. This is because the natural inclination of most humans is to divide themselves once there is no immediate, external threat. I highlight immediate, because as soon as Biafra becomes a UN recognized country and there is little fear of attack, old divisions by tribe and state will crop up. You can bet the Efik/Ibibio will resent a perceived Igbo domination.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

OMG, Peoples Injured When SUV Chased By Texas Police Rolls Over / 120 PDP Governorship Aspirants Pick Forms, 12 Jostle For Presidency / Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.