Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,338 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? (12561 Views)

Photos Of Funny Looks In Today Reflection Of Apc Decides / Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare / Aba: A City In Ruins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by DatNiggaAk(m): 1:19am On Sep 30, 2010
I'm sorry Nairalanders but i can't stop to ponder if the situation in Aba
is a reflection of the failure of the Nigerian state or if it's what Biafra would
have turned out to be had Ojukwu's seccession succeded.
Kidnapping as i remember started in the south south and it involved expatriate oil
workers primarily. Now that the South East has taken over, they even go as low as kidnapping okada riders (as i heard: hearsay) for recharge cards.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Osama10(m): 1:20am On Sep 30, 2010
Some people they think sha. grin
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Beaf: 1:22am On Sep 30, 2010
@DatNiggaAk
Dude, this is the second time I'll be telling you to keep away from this tribalistic nonsense.
What we have in Aba today, is a social tragedy. The rest of Nigeria is not far behind.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by bkbabe97y(m): 1:35am On Sep 30, 2010
Beaf:

@DatNiggaAk
Dude, this is the second time I'll be telling you to keep away from this tribalistic nonsense.
What we have in Aba today, is a social tragedy. The rest of Nigeria is not far behind.

Dude asked a very legitimate question, what is tribalistic about it? My belief is that, owning to the brutish nature of the average Ibo man, this kidnapping saga is but a tip of the ice-berg of what Biafra would have been!
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by MaziUche0(m): 1:41am On Sep 30, 2010
No, because Ojukwu would have had all the kidnappers killed. The man has always been brutally efficient. I believe the man would have been an autocratic leader though.

Aba has alway been a hotbed of conflict. Eversince the Aba Womens Riot which sent loud reverberations around Africa.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by udezue(m): 1:48am On Sep 30, 2010
Why would Aba be like that if Biafra achieved its independence? Poverty and neglect of the region won't be happening jooor.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by ChinenyeN(m): 1:52am On Sep 30, 2010
The fallacy in this topic is the assumption that Biafra would have had a Nigerian setup, which made such a situation as Aba very possible.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by DeLaRue: 2:19am On Sep 30, 2010
It is widely speculative to suggest that today's Aba is a mirror image of what Biafra would've looked like.

H/ever, there is a view out there that the cohesive core of the Igbos was gravely unsettled by the war in particular.

Also, and notwitstanding d commercial rejuvenation of the Igbos, its political class has time & again missed golden opportunities to recapture d spirit and direction of its people, following the devastating war.

Of course, the crime situation in other parts of the country r in some respects, only marginally better than what the East is experiencing. H/ever, a sustained & wholesale 'takeover' of a state by organised hoodlums for several weeks/months, is unlikely to be possible in other parts of the country. That said, I could be wrong.

1 Like

Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Dede1(m): 3:00am On Sep 30, 2010
@DatNiggaAk

It is a measured act of irresponsibility for you to indulge in a thoughtless question as posited in the post. There were acts of kidnap in Port Harcourt, Yenagoa, Benin City, Aba, Abuja, Lafia and Kano yet you did not delve into moronic zone of intellectual emptiness to formulate question such as if the cities are the reflection of the beautiful and progressive one-Nigeria Gowon promised and your forbearers fought to uphold.

There have been series of sectarian riots in Kano, Kaduan, Jos and Bauchi yet the dunce in you did not ask if these cities were the reflection of one-Nigeria and the so-called Giant of Africa Gowon, northern politicians and backstabbers from southern Nigeria fought to maintain. There have been ethnical clashes in Ibadan and Lagos yet the imbecility in you did not question if the cities were true reflection of one-Nigeria your forbears fought to keep intact.

For the sake of your inconsequential stupidity, the present situation in Aba would not have been the reflection of Biafra. I shall suggest that the reasons are numerous and avoidable. By the way, I also suggest you ponder more on Nigeria which is reality than imaginary.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by babapupa: 3:19am On Sep 30, 2010
MaziUche0:

No, because Ojukwu would have had all the kidnappers killed. The man has always been brutally efficient. .

You mean the same coward wey drop shakabula, off pata and run comot from battle field and left the men and women he led to war suffer and die?

y'all ibo folks sabi make pesin laff I swear,
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by MaziUche0(m): 3:22am On Sep 30, 2010
I still would have rather been in a Biafra instead of a country that is being run over by almajiri and Boko Haram. Kidnapping can be dealt with, but you cannot deal with the radical elements of a religion.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by MaziUche0(m): 3:24am On Sep 30, 2010
babapupa:

You mean the same coward wey drop shakabula, off pata and run comot from battle field and left the men and women he led to war suffer and die?

Everyone knows Ojukwu did not play with insubordination within his realm. He was not above executing someone. The man was known to be heavy handed, even amongst Igbo. I'll bet you if we had Biafra, we would not have this nonsense. To be honest, Biafra would have been under the authoritarian rule of Ojukwu. This doesn't mean that a Biafra nation would not be good.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by mensdept: 3:29am On Sep 30, 2010
MaziUche0:

I still would have rather been in a Biafra instead of a country that is being run over by almajiri and Boko Haram. Kidnapping can be dealt with, but you cannot deal with the radical elements of a religion.

I hope that Biafra wont include Theo Orji nor Ohakim. Most problems confronting The Igbo are made, sustained, and compounded by the Igbo and no one else.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Dede1(m): 3:32am On Sep 30, 2010
babapupa:

Shut up your putrid mouth. At least, Ojukwu coughed in front of the aggressor. Unlike your forbearers who apparently vibrated in their pants while standing guard as drunken soldiers from northern region of Nigeria declared open season on their daughters.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by MaziUche0(m): 3:32am On Sep 30, 2010
mens dept:

I hope that Biafra wont include Theo Orji nor Ohakim. Most problems confronting The Igbo are made, sustained, and compounded by the Igbo and no one else.

Actually most of the problems confronting the Igbo is not solely the Igbos fault. Since our land was seen as vanquished territory and neglect of our region has cause most of the problems. The East used to be very peaceful. Now look at it.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Nobody: 3:35am On Sep 30, 2010
Dede1:

Shut up your putrid mouth. At least, Ojukwu coughed in front of the aggressor. Unlike your forbearers who apparently vibrated in their pants while standing guard as drunken soldiers from northern region of Nigeria declared open season on their daughters.   

As usual. . . . triba. . .
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by MaziUche0(m): 3:36am On Sep 30, 2010
“If we must die, let us die like men not like chicken with their necks wrung”. Winston Churchill
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by MaziUche0(m): 3:37am On Sep 30, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Why attack him? He is only defending our people. Tell that to your tribal brothers.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Nobody: 3:39am On Sep 30, 2010
MaziUche0:

Why attack him? He is only defending our people. Tell that to your tribal brothers.
He could have attacked babapupa's person, not his whole tribe. . . .
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by mensdept: 3:43am On Sep 30, 2010
MaziUche0:

Actually most of the problems confronting the Igbo is not solely the Igbos fault. Since our land was seen as vanquished territory and neglect of our region has cause most of the problems. The East used to be very peaceful. Now look at it.

Some of Igbo problems are of course, created by others who have schemed to have an upper hand. Accepted.

However, I'd say that 75% of Igbo problems are made by Igbo. (Thats more than the percent of Igbo owning property in Abuja) wink
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by MaziUche0(m): 3:46am On Sep 30, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

He could have attacked babapupa's person, not his whole tribe. .  . .

First you go to the source. He would not have attacked babpupa's tribe if babapupa did not attack his tribe. Call out your own brothers before you attack my own.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by MaziUche0(m): 3:48am On Sep 30, 2010
mens dept:

Some of Igbo problems are of course, created by others who have schemed to have an upper hand. Accepted.

However, I'd say that 75% of Igbo problems are made by Igbo. (Thats more than the percent of Igbo owning property in Abuja) wink

Name these problems. Not all of Igboland is in flames. Only one small area that probably makes up 1/10 of Igboland. To be honest, not all of Abia state is having problems, only the Aba area.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Nobody: 3:49am On Sep 30, 2010
MaziUche0:

First you go to the source. He would not have attacked babpupa's tribe if babapupa did not attack his tribe. Call out your own brothers before you attack my own.
True.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by slap1(m): 3:50am On Sep 30, 2010
ChinenyeN:

The fallacy in this topic is the assumption that Biafra would have had a Nigerian setup, which made such a situation as Aba very possible.
SUPERBLY DELIVERED. I wu mmadu, inu?
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by babapupa: 3:51am On Sep 30, 2010
[/quote][quote author=MaziUche0 link=topic=522647.msg6847369#msg6847369 date=1285814793]

You have serious reading and comprehension problem. I did not attack any tribe, I referenced our civil war history.

@ Ileke-IdI , don't let these insecure clowns punk you,
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by mensdept: 4:03am On Sep 30, 2010
MaziUche0:

Name these problems. Not all of Igboland is in flames. Only one small area that probably makes up 1/10 of Igboland. To be honest, not all of Abia state is having problems, only the Aba area.

Maaaaaaazi, chei, lets not sugarcoat anything. Would you say that Igboland is good today in Nigeria, or would have been better in a Biafra. Just take a guess. I'm sure Igbo would say the latter.

Because 9/10 areas are not in flames doesnt mean that the people are enjoying. Even the few who are enjoying, can they become president in Naija by 2011? No, they can't, and may not still by 2015.  Can they fly from one world class city (London, Tokyo, Atlanta) to any place in Igboland? No they can't, because there's no world class city there.

Many Igbo persons have done well for themselves and others, but many Igbo persons have contributed to the destruction of their own communities.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Dede1(m): 4:05am On Sep 30, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

You are rapidly falling into the stratum meant for intellectual midgets such as babapupa. I did not know that you and babapupa have the same father and grandfather. Are you trying very to send me a coded message?
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Nobody: 4:09am On Sep 30, 2010
Dede1:

You are rapidly falling into the stratum meant for intellectual midgets such as babapupa. I did not know that you and babapupa have the same father and grandfather. Are you trying very to send me a coded message?

It is not coded, if what was said is quite obvious; your post was tribalistic, end of.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Dede1(m): 4:14am On Sep 30, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

It is not coded, if what was said is quite obvious; your post was tribalistic, end of.

I know you wear lens but do not tell me you are also comprehensibly handicapped.

Did you understand that the above crap in bold letters are from you brother, babapupa
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Nobody: 4:16am On Sep 30, 2010
Dede1:

I know you wear lens but do not tell me you are also comprehensibly handicapped.
Did you understand crap in bold letters from you brother, babapupa

You could have attacked his person. . . .
Attacking me is not going to solve anything. . . aggressive as usual grin
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by MaziUche0(m): 4:25am On Sep 30, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

My dear,

Please stop being so biased. Dede was within his right to defend our group. Stop talking foolishly. babapupa started this nonsense as well as the OP.
Re: Is Aba A Reflection Of What Biafra Would Have Been? by Dede1(m): 4:27am On Sep 30, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

In what aspect should I attack babapupa? I can only ascribe scurrilous diatribe to whatever babapupa represents. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) / Oyegun Meets Saraki & Other APC Senate Caucus (Photos) / Reno Omokri: Elect Peter Obi President, Expect The ‘Mother Of ASUU Strikes’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.