Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,084 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion (30357 Views)

Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem / Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion / House Help Abuse: Why Some Nigerian Wives Won't Make Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
You ended up explaining nothing.
Come back when you have something better.

may i never be available to explain why sardine get oil grin if these world taya you as a lady relocate to amazon

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by PeacenLove2: 9:56pm On Jun 08, 2019
Mindfulness:

So what if she is single and 40?

Another fallacy we encounter in this clime. If a woman is of certain age and not married, she must certainly have a problem, a feminist.

So in a world where population of women doubles that of men, and not everybody practices polygamy. Does it not follow that there will be many unmarried women? undecided

Does being married prove a woman to be virtuous? Definely need to have a rethink.
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 08, 2019
PeacenLove2:

Another fallacy we encounter in this clime. If a woman is of certain age and not married, she must certainly have a problem, a feminist.

So in a world where population of women doubles that of men, and not everybody practices polygamy. Does it not follow that there will be many unmarried women? undecided

Does being married prove a woman to be virtuous? Definely need to have a rethink.

WRONG! The sex ratio is roughly 50:50.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by PeacenLove2: 10:04pm On Jun 08, 2019
Mindfulness:

WRONG! The sex ratio is roughly 50:50.
p

Wow! Good luck, bruh. grin
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by 2rez: 10:08pm On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
Bible
Men have been the problem of the world.
This gives me hilarity. grin

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by OlawaleBammie: 10:21pm On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

@bold, I am not them and my mom is not a submissive type and my parents are still together. My dad is not a control freak.
I never claimed to be a christian neither did I bring religion in my post.
How many times have you told your fellow men to love their wives to the extent of dying for their wives you are only comfortable telling women.Maybe if men took apostle paul's instruction they would be better husbands.
The definition of submission cannot be literally applied in today's world because during the time apostle paul instructed women to be submissive slavery was permissible women had little or no rights so it was okay to easily submit but today women have rights are educated, have choices etc so it would definitely be hard to submit in the literal sense.

Yoruba says b'omo o jo sokoto, aajo kijipa, ur family background says it all, thou i dont support it wen a woman in d ous dont hav a say, its totally wrong but @bolded, hmmm, if u dont resemble/take after ur mama den who u wan take after?? i pity a man dat wil b in a relationship with u talkmore of marriage, pls dont let me say ur mama attitude may ruin ur life in a long run.
lemme giv u a clue
...dont date ur mate so dat at least u can respect him due to age
....dont date a broke type soo dat u wont suppress him in all manners.
.... see, am even tire self, abi wetin consan me self? igbeyin lon dun oloku ada, kp it up, u wil realize ur mistakes @60

btw, i dont expect anyone to come on media and says his/her mama is nt a submissive type. i pity her colleagues self.

3 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:22pm On Jun 08, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Yoruba says b'omo o jo sokoto, aajo kijipa, ur family background says it all, thou i dont support it wen a woman in d ous dont hav a say, its totally wrong but @bolded, hmmm, if u dont resemble/take after ur mama den who u wan take after?? i pity a man dat wil b in a relationship with u talkmore of marriage, pls dont let me say ur mama attitude may ruin ur life in a long run.
lemme giv u a clue
...dont date ur mate so dat at least u can respect him due to age
....dont date a broke type soo dat u wont suppress him in all manners.
.... see, am even tire self, abi wetin consan me self? igbeyin lon dun oloku ada, kp it up, u wil realize ur mistakes @60

btw, i dont expect anyone to come on media and says his/her mama is nt a sub momentmissive type. i pity her colleagues self.

Save the pity for yourself.
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by eyinjuege: 10:27pm On Jun 08, 2019
donbachi:
men and culture are like weather,u cant change them.

Humans generally evolve, as does their culture. Change is the only constant thing, truly.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by eyinjuege: 10:33pm On Jun 08, 2019
donbachi:
men dis men dat...na u're sighing...u go submit to preeq but u no go submit to pesin wey carry am..u try.

Don't you submit to pussy? Na your kind dey always beg woman and say "pls just the tip" cheesy
Pls who has that meme..

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 08, 2019
PeacenLove2:

Which world?
Earth or Venus?

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Younglord123(m): 10:42pm On Jun 08, 2019
men would be doom without women. I believe in feminism.
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by praz001(m): 10:43pm On Jun 08, 2019
[quote author=AmazonTopaz post=79146206]Bible Men have been the problem of the world.

miss Topaz clarify..... Do you mean Bible or human?
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:44pm On Jun 08, 2019
[quote author=praz001 post=79148027][/quote]
All of the above grin
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Delivar(m): 10:47pm On Jun 08, 2019
tydi:
Hence the 2019 ladies you used in your gibberish writing keeps hoeing around that when she passes the street 3to 4 guys would be discussing how deep, smelly, or disgusting her pvssy was, we Nigerian men will keep hitting hard on them till they change their ways and end up with an unfortunate man. That's if only they would change. Or when they stop asking money for exchange of their body and work for their own money, we the men would stop. I wonder where person would find a good woman to marry now in this country.
Are guys themselves saints?

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Delivar(m): 10:54pm On Jun 08, 2019
tydi:

You did economics in sec school

I believe you know the law of demand and supply..

They close legs, we zip up.
When you zip up they close legs too. So the responsibility of stopping it shouldn't be on ladies alone.

3 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by peace0813(f): 10:55pm On Jun 08, 2019
tydi:
Hence the 2019 ladies you used in your gibberish writing keeps hoeing around that when she passes the street 3to 4 guys would be discussing how deep, smelly, or disgusting her pvssy was, we Nigerian men will keep hitting hard on them till they change their ways and end up with an unfortunate man. That's if only they would change. Or when they stop asking money for exchange of their body and work for their own money, we the men would stop. I wonder where person would find a good woman to marry now in this country.

You Nigerian men should stop using them.
Try to be a good man before looking for a good woman

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by PeacenLove2: 10:56pm On Jun 08, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Which world?
Earth or Venus?

If you count the green and red beings. Mars inclusive.

Thats what you folks say all the time. I'm perching on that premise. Come to think of it, it appears so. Some countries women do outnumber men. Put marriageable age in the equation. The close ratio would come from countries specifically practicing selective births or female gender infanticide, India for instance.
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Jhoanner(f): 11:05pm On Jun 08, 2019
fieryy:
I totally agree with you. A lot of Nigerian men embrace a very toxic form of masculinity. The more misogynist a society is, the more you see this toxic masculinity ish.

The Nigerian society for example puts a lot of pressure on men. Their worth is usually defined by material things like their salary and not their character.
We all know how fickle material things are and truth is majority of men will always belong to either the middle or the lower class.

Since a lot of men also do not know how to communicate properly because it is interpreted as showing weakness, they tend to bundle up all their emotions.
The inability of not being able to handle your emotions and talk about how you feel means you having to eventually let it out in other ways.

This is usually done by hiding their vulnerability as well as insecurities behind anger.

A broke man, who knows society approves of men with big pockets is more likely to complain about gold diggers, even though he doesn't even really have the gold.

It's a man whose worth and respect is tied to his pocket that will feel insecure when he meets an independent lady. He'd rather go for a woman who depends on him financially, so he can complain with his pals about how women are useless and bring nothing to the table.

He's more likely to never date a woman who has more money that him. His excuse? "They can't handle succes".

Wow! This is deep. You spoke from a pyschological angle. Keep it up!
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by peace0813(f): 11:13pm On Jun 08, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

A woman can be a great leader no doubt, but specifically in a marriage/family setting men are more capable...

Two can't work together except they agreed
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Jhoanner(f): 11:14pm On Jun 08, 2019
Very interesting post. Good job OP. At the end of the day, all I see in both genders in this part of the world is a cycle of insecurities. Our women being so weak, insecure and unenlightened that they can't impact leadership on their sons. Their sons growing up to become nightmares. The truth is that women, more than men gatekeep and enable misogyny and patriarchy in our society.

They have abandoned their roles of nurturing leadership and teaching their sons to be good leaders.
And for those quoting medieval philosophical books to burtress your points. It is a shame you have chosen to have a backward and retrogressive thinking. Adieus!

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 11:17pm On Jun 08, 2019
Jhoanner:
Very interesting post. Good job OP. At the end of the day, all I see in both genders in this part of the world is a cycle of insecurities. Our women being so weak, insecure and unenlightened that they can't impact leadership on their sons. Their sons growing up to become nightmares. The truth is that women, more than men gatekeep and enable misogyny and patriarchy in our society.

They have abandoned their roles of nurturing leadership and teaching their sons to be good leaders.
And for those quoting medieval philosophical books to burtress your points. It is a shame you have chosen to have a backward and retrogressive thinking. Adieus!
Spot on thank you.
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Delivar(m): 11:21pm On Jun 08, 2019
breakerofchains:
Stop submitting to men!

Many of them are dull. They can't even control their own lives.

And you are an adult who can make decisions for herself.

Stop feeding their over bloated egos.

No body should tell me about what your Bible or Qoran says because I don't care.
I don't know what you understand by the word submission. Submission doesn't mean a woman should be treated like a slave and not have a voice at all. When you have a group of people united for a common cause it is always necessary to have a leader that will spearhead their collective goal and provide a unified direction. Without a leader there is going to be chaos and disunity. Now imagine in a family where the wife wants something done her way and the husband wants it done his way. This situation will cause disunity in the family and they will never get things done together. Due to this issue there has to be leadership in the family. It's either the woman becomes the leader or the man becomes the leader, but not both at the same time. By default the position of leadership falls on the man and I believe many women wouldn't like it if they are controlling their men. I believe women like men who can be in charge.

Whenever couples argue about something they must have to settle it for the sake of family unity, and this can be achieved when one person decides to do it the way of the other person. Since family leadership falls on the man by default it means the woman will have to do it the man's way most times to uphold that unity. This is what submission is all about. If you get married with the mindset that you will never submit to a man as the leader of the family then your marriage will be in serious trouble because their will be no unity. It's going to be a power contest always.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Delivar(m): 11:26pm On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

Proudly female.
"Proudly female" sounds like you believe men are trash and you are happy not to be a trash male. undecided
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by drmikeadams(m): 11:37pm On Jun 08, 2019
tydi:
. Don't mind them cheap commodities grin cheesy 10 naira bubble gum is more expensive than sex now

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by praz001(m): 11:37pm On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

All of the above grin

I've followed all you responses it made sense not until I saw the above....

if men have been your problem, you may still find a better one. The moment God becomes your problem, am afraid you will never find a solution....

No matter how important you feel on the responses you get from people... Fear God...

Don't create problems for yourself....
I pray the Lord have mercy on you....
ODAROOO OOOO

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by tydi(m): 11:45pm On Jun 08, 2019
Delivar:

When you zip up they close legs too. So the responsibility of stopping it shouldn't be on ladies alone.

Should I be the one teaching them morals, weren't they brought up in a home. Now I see reasons with men that don't want to have a female child
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by aytuns(m): 11:51pm On Jun 08, 2019
partnerbizz4:

So no need playing the victims. Women made themselves commodities. They aren't treated as such but they made themselves so.

At any rate, I won't support the slut shaming of women as seen in this forum. I also understand why men do it. It's survival instinct. Only a few would understand.

I wish this wasn't true. Unfortunately.. IT IS!

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by aytuns(m): 11:57pm On Jun 08, 2019
breakerofchains:
Stop submitting to men!

Many of them are dull. They can't even control their own lives.

And you are an adult who can make decisions for herself.

Stop feeding their over bloated egos.

No body should tell me about what your Bible or Qoran says because I don't care.

Please DON'T EVER THINK OF BECOMING A WIFE.. Just enjoy your singlehood until you leave this earth... It's not by force to get married.. If you remain this way, woe betides the man who marries you..

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Amhappy(f): 12:35am On Jun 09, 2019
donbachi:
What is the low esteem there?you just sounded like a total feminist and like a woman that will never be submissive to any man,knowing your grandmother and mother did same to their husbands..as christians,we all know that the bible also talked about women been submissive to husbands.i don't know the point you are trying to prove..stop discouraging other women out there.most men are what you women made of them...it's you that really need to be reoroentations on how to respect and be submissive to men.
. The young men that go about insulting themselves on nairaland are not my husband. Does the Bible command submission to men or to one's husband? The the Bible ask men to love women or love their wife. I say this because one insulted me yesterday, someone I know that I fit born his mate. He felt he can insult me because he saw female in my profile. He doesn't know I'm his mama. Let stop misquoting the Bible because on judgement day ,we will be held accountable for every word.
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by spongeisback: 12:45am On Jun 09, 2019
Whenever I see you talking about women I just laugh, YO!!!!!!!!!!! You couldn't even pay your wife's hospital bills and you still stay in your parents dirty house. cheesy
tydi:

Should I be the one teaching them morals, weren't they brought up in a home. Now I see reasons with men that don't want to have a female child
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by tydi(m): 12:46am On Jun 09, 2019
spongeisback:
Whenever I see you talking about women I just laugh, YO!!!!!!!!!!! You couldn't even pay your wife's hospital bills and you still stay in your parents dirty house. cheesy

Lol.. Who is this one again?

They don send you from the marine kingdom.

Firstly ;you called her my wife
Secondly ; you said my parents house

Thirdly ; your display picture explicitly confirmed how dunce you are.. So Shove

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by spongeisback: 12:56am On Jun 09, 2019
Oga I am a man like you and I KNOW YOU!!! Have you stopped brutalizing your wife Do you guys know that this idiot beat up a pregnant woman and his parents asked her to kneel and beg him?

You stay in a dirty environment and your talking about women you this useless druggy.
tydi:

Lol.. Who is this one again?

They don send you from the marine kingdom.

Firstly ;you called her my wife
Secondly ; you said my parents house

Thirdly ; your display picture explicitly confirmed how dunce you are.. So Shove

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Parents This Is What Your Children Say About You Outside / Zimbabwean Man Divorces Wife For Shouting Ex-Lover's Name During Love Making / 10 Things Never To Say To Your Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.