Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man (45934 Views)

Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? / How To Come Out Of Struggling Financially And Become Rich / How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by kevin25(m): 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2019
The worst that can happen to a man is getting married to a woman dat lacks respect

3 Likes

Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by ibkayee(f): 5:57pm On Jun 13, 2019
jaxxy:

Do u have a problem with what u bolded?
Do I have a problem with her asking her husband to dish his food out himself in front of a guest?

Depends lol, if she said it rudely/demeaningly, I have a problem with the tone

If not and the OP’s friend’s only issue is the ‘embarrassment’ of having to dish out food for himself with his God given hands, I don’t see the big deal

6 Likes

Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by LordIsaac(m): 5:59pm On Jun 13, 2019
She just missed the opportunity to make her husband king... And for that, her queen ship is but for a while. Judging by that singular act, I must say she disrespected him and should never expect genuine love from a man with a bruised ego.

1 Like

Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by Angelfrost(m): 6:05pm On Jun 13, 2019
CorperKola:

The chances are not good
Women that are better than the husband and are respectful are like like 10%
Meawhile all the examples i have seen have personally been very traumatic for me.
Men jst have a general rule to protect themselves
Its very necessary to have a general rule
Wow i am jobless today o

It goes both ways sir... Character is unique, and can be masked by situations and condition. A true woman of virtue will remain so regardless of personal achievements.

I know a lot of women that financially carry their husbands without disrespecting them. You would think the man is the breadwinner with the way she submits.

It all comes down to who you meet. I have been privileged to meet such ladies, so I speak from experience.

4 Likes

Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by Yankee101: 6:08pm On Jun 13, 2019
Bush men's opinion

3 Likes

Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by Kolping: 6:12pm On Jun 13, 2019
True talk.

Every young (and old) man, before getting involved in a long-term relationship, should spend time to understand the nature of women, especially in the current global war against men.

A good book to read is "The Rational Male" by Rollo Tomassi
https://www.docdroid.net/xmhw/the-rational-male.pdf

GogobiriLalas:
There are some brilliant people in the world! I also came to this conclusion via experience. As a man, always marry a woman who looks up to you if you wish to keep control of your family. A woman who feels she's your equal or better will NEVER respect or desire you...it is not a question of being intimidated by a woman's success, it is a question of biology.

My only disagreement with your conclusion is the idea that it is only Nigerian women when in fact it is women in general. Nigerian women are actually the best truth be told, at least they try to pretend to control their natural instinct. Other races of women are insufferable.
Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by yassjib: 6:16pm On Jun 13, 2019
[i][/i][color=#006600][/color]I blame men that marry women that are financially and academically above them.
as for me what ever a woman is she can never be above her husband.
please tell your friend to take action as a man since he has already marry her.
tell him to take his own decision. let him stand on his feet and be a man that he his. it's too annoying hearing things like this. it's pains me a lot hearing such thing. to hell with u as a woman to hell with your fucking education.
I rest my case
Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 13, 2019
Na the woman sabi because she married someone that's not within her social class.

Only an 1diot feeds and clothes a negroe.

As a female, it is not and will never be your duty.

6 Likes

Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by kevin25(m): 6:19pm On Jun 13, 2019
Ideal woman very hard to find proverb 31 vs 10 to 31

1 Like

Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by Esthered: 6:19pm On Jun 13, 2019
nwanneni:
my mom for sure.i was talking a woman you are in a relationship with.
Let's not be political please.
Immediately a woman starts fending for you bro you better be ready. cheesy

You're not far from the truth at bolded. Some of us saw our mothers do it to our fathers and imbibe the habit. Even when the men make up for their poor finance by being useful around the home, some women being insatiable, never appreciate the effort because he was made to be the breadwinner and must live up to the expectations if he wants to be respected. I think it takes a prudent wife to be understanding in trying times with her man but then how many wives are prudent?

4 Likes

Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by yassjib: 6:22pm On Jun 13, 2019
[color=#000099][/color]The worst that can happen to a man is getting married to a woman dat lacks respect. you are very correct bro
Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by jaxxy(m): 6:23pm On Jun 13, 2019
ibkayee:

Do I have a problem with her asking her husband to dish his food out himself in front of a guest?

Depends lol, if she said it rudely/demeaningly, I have a problem with the tone

If not and the OP’s friend’s only issue is the ‘embarrassment’ of having to dish out food for himself with his God given hands, I don’t see the big deal

U were screaming as ur reaction that’s why I asked and u gave me a complicated answer. Lol

I think it’s wrong in front of a guest tho.
Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by Macwrites: 6:28pm On Jun 13, 2019
CorperKola:

I could say the opposite. Find the person that has what you want . Simple!
The Western mentality is detrimental to africam women and is ruining lots of relationships!

Smiles. Western mentality detrimental to African women? The earlier we start looking inward (Nigerians, Africans), the better we'll be. Let's take the good ideals from the west or east.

Slavery in all forms is bad. Emotional, mental and physical.

1 Like

Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by ibkayee(f): 6:30pm On Jun 13, 2019
jaxxy:

U were screaming as ur reaction that’s why I asked and u gave me a complicated answer. Lol

I think it’s wrong in front of a guest tho.
Lool I was screaming because I found it funny cheesy

It actually dawned on me that you weren’t asking for a thesis but then I’d already written it and couldn’t be bothered to change it cheesy
Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by Macwrites: 6:31pm On Jun 13, 2019
franchasng:
My brother some guys get issue.

No lady will ever tell me she did this or that for me.

I wash my clothes right from school. I cook my meals or I eat out! I don't even like ladies cooking or washing clothes for me.

And today, washing machine is affordable. There are wash and spin machines of 40,000naira.

I arrange and clean my house. Also, there are vacuum cleaners for easy home cleaning and manual dust moppers too.

If u want to form man of the house, hire a housekeeper,I used to have one in the past until I was advised to stop for my safety, I use to pay her 20,000naira.

These things are cheap now.

Your wife or girlfriend shouldn't be your slave or househelp.

You should be more concerned about her looking hot and young instead of using stress and house chores to kill her lol

This op rant, me I no support this one angry
Great quality of life. No stress to you or someone else.

Everyone can only control themselves. The moment you try to control others, all types of negative stress happens.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by CorperKola: 6:31pm On Jun 13, 2019
Angelfrost:

It goes both ways sir... Character is unique, and can be masked by situations and condition. A true woman of virtue will remain so regardless of personal achievements.

I know a lot of women that financially carry their husbands without disrespecting them. You would think the man is the breadwinner with the way she submits.

It all comes down to who you meet. I have been privileged to meet such ladies, so I speak from experience.
Depends on the lady many women today are becoming more masculine. The woman would want everybody to know that she is the breadwinner .
You dont expect the man to be cool with that.
Even worse she would lord it over him constantly.
Women of nowadays are exposed especially when you add feminism

2 Likes

Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by jimcaddy(m): 6:33pm On Jun 13, 2019
Na money be fine bobo. See the only language a lady understands is money. Anything outside that is bs. Women are not made to be emotional tough compared to men.
Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by kevin25(m): 6:39pm On Jun 13, 2019
CorperKola:

Depends on the lady many women today are becoming more masculine. The woman would want everybody to know that she is the breadwinner .
You dont expect the man to be cool with that.
Even worse she would lord it over him constantly.
Women of nowadays are exposed especially when you add feminism
Your correct feminism don kill them
Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 13, 2019
Iwanttoto1:

See this mumu. Ya boy boy husband fit buy yasht? I get yasht wey I dey use furck silly gerls likes u. If ya husband fit buy yasht, den I witdruw my commentasion. But if na only canoue he fits buy, den me and una no fits deys d same levul. Makes u comes lekki, makes I use money drives u come out from ya boy boy husband hause. Yeye dey smells
I can bet my life that you are broke, hungry, desperate, grumpy, frustrated and despondent and prolly not too educated.
Sassysure your husband is the epitome of what a man should be. You are lucky to have him and equally lucky to have not ended up with someone the likes of iwanttoto

5 Likes

Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by Korllami007: 6:48pm On Jun 13, 2019
5ublime:

Did you just say "instruct" ? That's why he won't get any respect.
If you treat your wife with respect, she will respect you in return. There's nothing wrong with dishing his food for himself and his friend.... in fact, with the permission of his wife.

Marriage is a partnership. Your kind has made it a master-slave relationship. The fact that you're even confident enough to bring it up here claiming right is very disturbing.
Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by Korllami007: 6:49pm On Jun 13, 2019
5ublime:

Did you just say "instruct" ? That's why he won't get any respect.
If you treat your wife with respect, she will respect you in return. There's nothing wrong with dishing his food for himself and his friend.... in fact, with the permission of his wife.

Marriage is a partnership. Your kind has made it a master-slave relationship. The fact that you're even confident enough to bring it up here claiming right is very disturbing.

So, that's the reason that made her to ridicule her husband in front her friends to the extent that her friends see her husband as trash.

You guys just pick one sentence that you can twist to your own taste but you don't see other bad attitudes of the woman.

Nairalanders, I hail una hypocrisy.

Op, don't be surprised if the woman start slapping his husband in public.

1 Like

Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by DeeMain(m): 7:06pm On Jun 13, 2019
SageMK:

From what you posted, he wanted her to serve him his food in the presence of a stranger (you). And while she declined, he tried forcing her. (Bear in mind she did the cooking with her own money).

From this it clearly depicts —

1. He felt entitled to her caring and wasn't appreciative.
2. He had no respect for her by trying to emasculate.

Note that I am not saying she isn't disrespectful.
But her husband gave her a reason to disrespect him.

And it's not because of financial status but his behavior.

You deciphered all these from Op's post? Na wah o

1 Like

Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by IAmKinging(m): 7:07pm On Jun 13, 2019
I think the man gave her the impression to be disrespectful; trying to play the traditional African man.
The conversation could've been:
Man: my friend, what do u care for? (or simply goes to bring some food)
Friend: (probably would ask) why didn't you ask ur wife to get the food?
Man: Oh, my wife. She's been busy trying to get the food ready, and other stuff; she's probably tired and needs to rest.
This would've given the woman a sense care and understanding from the man.
Motto is love, care and understanding.

8 Likes

Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by deltateam: 7:14pm On Jun 13, 2019
runwaymodel:
What's so bad in him dishing out his own plate?

Headlesschicken said I should tell you to keep quiet. [quote][/quote] smiley
Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 13, 2019
CorperKola:

I think normally the wife should serve her husband and his friends when she is in the house. The man wants to show off his wife to his friends and feel like he is the head of the house, na jst shakara for him friends.
However the guy suppose understand his situation and the kind of wife he has.
I have heard folorunsho Alakija talk about serving food and kneeling to serve her husband food
Also heard omotola talk about her husband going to the market to buy foodstuffs and cooking for her cos she is a superstar bla bla.
So its always about your preferences and choosing the partner that has those.
So the man is to be blamed as the leader of the relationship for choosing an incompatible partner except the woman toasted him and all.
My preferences align with the man's own but in this situation i wont try this shii and i certainly wont marry this kind of woman.
So ii summary the title of this article is very correct if you are anything like me
If not, no problem

I see your point
Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 13, 2019
lefulefu:
lol this one is not about who to dish the meal and who not to dish d meal. Frm the op's story the lady does not love the man but just managed him cos she was desperate to become a Mrs while d man was just looking for a rich woman to feed and sponsor him. They dont love each other.

I agree, no love in the situation

1 Like

Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by Ifyz0001: 7:25pm On Jun 13, 2019
The man is the one with the fault from the beginning of dating...

She must have been exhibitibg such character during dating, but it is now you are complaining when "Jungle Don mature".

But I want to ask a question.. Was she the one that paid her bride price? Even if a woman is richer than the man, make sure you pay her full bride price. Then share the cost of the wedding at least 60% for the man and 40% for the woman.

Even if all these were not obversed you can still do it as the man of the house now.

From what you said, you now have a job, right?

Pay for the feeding of the house.
Change the children's school to the fees you can afford.
Change the house you guys are living in to one you as the man can afford, after all women still live with men in "face me I face you".
The bottom line is take responsibility of the house, according to what you can afford as the "man of the house".
Work on your self esteem, "assume your position" let her know that you can get other women, just for her to feel jealous that's all.

Try these things, if she doesn't mellow call a family meeting, come with your uncle and for her, make sure her parents are present.

After all these, and nothing improves, then you didn't marry your wife b dat, "sorry to say".

1 Like

Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by olaJako(m): 7:25pm On Jun 13, 2019
A woman has assisted you, supported you, see you grow in a way now you want respect. Uncle you don't know yourself... Humble yourself

6 Likes

Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by Boldtrust(m): 7:29pm On Jun 13, 2019
SageMK:

From what you posted, he wanted her to serve him his food in the presence of a stranger (you). And while she declined, he tried forcing her. (Bear in mind she did the cooking with her own money).

From this it clearly depicts —

1. He felt entitled to her caring and wasn't appreciative.
2. He had no respect for her by trying to emasculate.

Note that I am not saying she isn't disrespectful.
But her husband gave her a reason to disrespect him.

And it's not because of financial status but his behavior.

"she did the cooking with her own money" - this statement invalidates the intended moral varity of your point. Bear in mind that the man is already working and probably taking care of the home. But that still shouldn't be at the center of this discussion.

Because she cooked the food with her own money, he doesn't have the right to ask her to dish his food? Or the fact that she cooked the food has given her the right to reject his request? You people can go ahead and embellish it any how you want. But you cannot cover a terrible wife. This woman is a stubborn disrespectful wife who tries to validate her behavior with the fact that she helped the man grow. This shouldn't happen.

I am not trying to say that the man might not have engaged some masculinity in his attempt to get his wife do her job. But believe me, if you ever had an experience with a stubborn woman, you might do worse under such very frustrating circumstances. This man must have been taking these bouts of insulting and abusive attitudes from the wife for a long time and he's already saturated and frustrated.

2 Likes

Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by JoannaSedley(f): 7:31pm On Jun 13, 2019
IAmKinging:
I think the man gave her the impression to be disrespectful; trying to play the traditional African man.
The conversation could've been:
Man: my friend, what do u care for? (or simply goes to bring some food)
Friend: (probably would ask) why didn't you ask ur wife to get the food?
Man: Oh, my wife. She's been busy trying to get the food ready, and other stuff; she's probably tired and needs to rest.
This would've given the woman a sense care and understanding from the man.
Motto is love, care and understanding.
C'est fini.
Salud baba.
You will enjoy life sir.
The man is your average Nigerian slave rider without empathy.

1 Like

Re: Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man by Dshocker(m): 7:33pm On Jun 13, 2019
runwaymodel:
What's so bad in him dishing out his own plate?

If you marry,please and please,don't bother dishing food to your husband,let him do that and the cooking as well

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Gabriel Segun Ajayi Dies, Was Married To 50-year-old Russian Woman / N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? / Thelma Chiaka Gave Birth To Sextuplets In Texas (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.