Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,776 members, 7,820,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates (47862 Views)

My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? / “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by willy2000(m): 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
The spoilt brat needs to be disciplined thoroughly, feminism does not encourage women to be disrespectful to their husbands, that is why some feminist are happily married. Because the mother is against the man stopping payment of fees does not mean the child copied bad attitude from her mother.You should know how some mothers are, she is more worried how the daughter will cope without money, and is less worried about the need to discipline their daughter.

If the mother had done a proper job on her daughter, the daughter would not be rude and spoilt to bite and be arrogant to the finger that is feeding her.

This is even common sense, you should be loyal and grateful to your benefactors, so long your pride and dignity are intact.

2 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by willy2000(m): 2:30pm On Jun 17, 2019
paraltero:
You guys' responses are exactly why so many Nigerian kids are not as close to their parents as the should be. You guys are so consumed by your god complexes that you don't realize that your behaviour gradually alienates your kids and makes them even less likely to ask you for stuff.

Be truthful to yourselves: most of you would rather ask your friends and colleagues for stuff before you ask your parents. How is that a healthy parent-child relationship? You guys have no idea what the difference is between a healthy relationship between parent(s) and child and disrespect.

Later it's the same you guys that would be asking your kids "why didn't you ask me? Why did you ask other people and not me?"

Continue perpetuating the same unhealthy dynamic with your own kids o. I hope it pans out well for y'all.

Like seriously, how old are you?
Do you have a family/parent or you grew up in an Orphanage home?
I am truly amazed and ashamed of your thought pattern.

I won't reply to mentions anymore.
I
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by switsylver: 2:40pm On Jun 17, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
Silly girl.You wan bite the hand wey dey feed you angry
You go tell your daddy make him wash him plate and the man is still responsible for you and paying your school fees. You nor try at all the least you can do for someone taking care of you is to do things that would make such person happy not challenge them.

What does he mean by this? If the woman is also working nkor her husband should not assist her in the home front. While so self centered you want a wife who would be an asset and help you provide yet you cannot help her domestically
You still could not hide your feminist claws. Even when he stated that a man can do that when there is need to support his wife you still reared the ugly nature of who you are, feminism is no virtue!
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by switsylver: 2:46pm On Jun 17, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
This has nothing to do with feminism. This is purely a bad attitude displayed by a spoilt child. She must have got spoilt after relocating to live abroad. Feminism does not encourage females to be disobedient to their parents.
Yeah may be it only teaches ladies how to be arrogant and disobedient to there husband.

1 Like

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by switsylver: 2:46pm On Jun 17, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
This has nothing to do with feminism. This is purely a bad attitude displayed by a spoilt child. She must have got spoilt after relocating to live abroad. Feminism does not encourage females to be disobedient to their parents.
Yeah may be it only teaches ladies how to be arrogant and disobedient to there husbands.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Inception(m): 3:02pm On Jun 17, 2019
paraltero:

If throwing insults is how you make your point, you can do better.

If my kid asks me to do the dishes and I'm disposed to, then why not? What is so wrong with washing dishes? If the child was not there, wouldn't I still do the dishes myself?

And yes, I can ask my parents to help me do the dishes because they're not insecure buttholes.

It has been confirmed.

CASE CLOSED.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2019
So teaching children good morals is only a woman's responsibility? Hmm.
willy2000:

If the mother had done a proper job on her daughter, the daughter would not be rude and spoilt to bite and be arrogant to the finger that is feeding her.

This is even common sense, you should be loyal and grateful to your benefactors, so long your pride and dignity are intact.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by willy2000(m): 3:57pm On Jun 17, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
So teaching children good morals is only a woman's responsibility? Hmm.

Whose responsibility is it to teach a girl how to cook? Or did your father teach you kitchen etiquette?
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:04pm On Jun 17, 2019
Is cooking good morals? I am talking about good morals not duties/house chores. Both parents are supposed to train up their children, not only the mother. If the lady has character flaws, then both parents failed to train her well, or maybe she was influenced negatively from peers. I wonder what people gain rushing to blame women by all means.
willy2000:

Whose responsibility is it to teach a girl how to cook? Or did your father teach you kitchen etiquette?

2 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 17, 2019
I grew up in a home where boys and girls did their dishes, cooked, swept, did the cleaning of the house irrespective of gender all examples my father himself sets.
seven kids in the home, both mom and dad did everything and every chores to raise each properly, so the fact the husband refuses to fund his daughters education for such is stupid to me, I know it's wrong but punish her with something else not her education.
I can imagine the dirty slap my dad will give you for not washing your plates or help in the kitchen because you saw three girls relaxing when they deserved it lol your brain will remember gender equality for the house.
I hope to raise my kids this way, a woman is not a slave nor a servant, fact is put her in that position to get money for the family and she will do it, so why can't you help when you can, take sometime cook for her, do the dishes, bath the kids, I am a guy I already know alot about raising a kid seeing my dad do same for me and the others.

this is not feminism it's the real truth, a woman is your partner, your second half not some equipment to achieve your aim.

2 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by AmazonTopaz(f): 4:12pm On Jun 17, 2019
switsylver:

You still could not hide your feminist claws. Even when he stated that a man can do that when there is need to support his wife you still reared the ugly nature of who you are, feminism is no virtue!
I could careless cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Inception(m): 4:27pm On Jun 17, 2019
Piercy:
I grew up in a home where boys and girls did their dishes, cooked, swept, did the cleaning of the house irrespective of gender all examples my father himself sets.
seven kids in the home, both mom and dad did everything and every chores to raise each properly, so the fact the husband refuses to fund his daughters education for such is stupid to me, I know it's wrong but punish her with something else not her education.
I can imagine the dirty slap my dad will give you for not washing your plates or help in the kitchen because you saw three girls relaxing when they deserved it lol your brain will remember gender equality for the house.
I hope to raise my kids this way, a woman is not a slave nor a servant, fact is put her in that position to get money for the family and she will do it, so why can't you help when you can, take sometime cook for her, do the dishes, bath the kids, I am a guy I already know alot about raising a kid seeing my dad do same for me and the others.

this is not feminism it's the real truth, a woman is your partner, your second half not some equipment to achieve your aim.

Please read the OP's post again. But this time read it CAREFULLY to be sure you understand the bone of contention here.

This also applies to the person that liked your post.

2 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by obinnawhyte(m): 4:29pm On Jun 17, 2019
paraltero:
The funny thing is this article never explicitly said she was rude or said it in a manner that lacked respect. The article only implied from what was said that it must have been rude.

What if she's busy and couldn't do his dishes and asked him to do it himself so dirty dishes wouldn't stay stinking up the kitchen.

Besides, prior to this, she must have been doing his dishes so for her to ask him to do it himself, there has to be a context we aren't getting.

But of course, in their haste to justify their regular bashing of feminism, Nigerian men are already here, because food done done for them.
Fool's comment....Stupid people like this one everywhere....What happens to respect and our values as Africans. Soon she'll also bring in men into her father's house because some fools like this who doesn't know the difference between Gender Equality and Respect ( especially parental respect) talking about Feminism

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Lleigh(f): 4:30pm On Jun 17, 2019
paraltero:
You guys' responses are exactly why so many Nigerian kids are not as close to their parents as the should be. You guys are so consumed by your god complexes that you don't realize that your behaviour gradually alienates your kids and makes them even less likely to ask you for stuff.

Be truthful to yourselves: most of you would rather ask your friends and colleagues for stuff before you ask your parents. How is that a healthy parent-child relationship? You guys have no idea what the difference is between a healthy relationship between parent(s) and child and disrespect.

Later it's the same you guys that would be asking your kids "why didn't you ask me? Why did you ask other people and not me?"

Continue perpetuating the same unhealthy dynamic with your own kids o. I hope it pans out well for y'all.

We will get shouted at but this is what is happening right now to children. Someone was saying the exact thing recently. Her words were why do you think most Nigerian children are not close to their children? But the house I grew up in my father cooked and when visits me there is nothing in the sink. I wash up as I go anyway, and I also get a do you want me to make the rice for dinner. If we can't speak to our parents for help who do we speak to. Or will you say a child should never ask her father to feed his grandchild.
If we don't change we will be raising children the same way, we were raised that was wrong. But the parents did it because of the way the were raised...

Imagine the curses rained on kids all because they did something wrong a child would do. Or the implements used to punish us as kids is it still right to use electrical wire on a child all in the name of discipline.

Anyway, there could be more to the story.

2 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by obinnawhyte(m): 4:32pm On Jun 17, 2019
Piercy:

Fool's comment....Stupid people like this one everywhere....What happens to respect and our values as Africans. Soon she'll also bring in men into her father's house because some fools like this who doesn't know the difference between Gender Equality and Respect ( especially parental respect) talking about Feminism

2 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by obinnawhyte(m): 4:38pm On Jun 17, 2019
Lleigh:

We will get shouted at but this is what is happening right now to children. Someone was saying the exact thing recently. Her words were why do you think most Nigerian children are not close to their children? But the house I grew up in my father cooked and when visits me there is nothing in the sink. I wash up as I go anyway, and I also get a do you want me to make the rice for dinner. If we can't speak to our parents for help who do we speak to. Or will you say a child should never ask her father to feed his grandchild.
If we don't change we will be raising children the same way, we were raised that was wrong. But the parents did it because of the way the were raised...

Imagine the curses rained on kids all because they did something wrong a child would do. Or the implements used to punish us as kids is it still right to use electrical wire on a child all in the name of discipline.

Anyway, there could be more to the story.

People like you are the reason we have high level of crime and immorality among teenagers this period. Our fathers cooked, washed dishes when needed but we never tell or expect them to do it. Same reason we have some idiots around claiming fine girls and boys yet can't make ordinary eba , some even brag they don't enter the kitchen. We are loosing it and we know it. Most parents are strong today because of how we were brought up.

2 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by obinnawhyte(m): 4:44pm On Jun 17, 2019
Piercy:

Your problem is preconceived idea of something you rarely understand. Feminism I suppose is about Gender equality while the post is about Respect ( especially parental respect) and our values as Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2019
Beetobee:
Papa,I support you 100%. What utmost nonsense! She needs to be relocated to a university in Naija where she'll be running upandan to secure a seat in the lecture hall.

Legends photocopy note at the end of all the lectures for the semester
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by willy2000(m): 5:08pm On Jun 17, 2019
Piercy:

Did you read the op's post at all, or you could not comprehend the post?
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by willy2000(m): 5:14pm On Jun 17, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Is cooking good morals? I am talking about good morals not duties/house chores. Both parents are supposed to train up their children, not only the mother. If the lady has character flaws, then both parents failed to train her well, or maybe she was influenced negatively from peers. I wonder what people gain rushing to blame women by all means.

The bone of contention here is kitchen etiquette, asking an elderly person to do dishes shows such a kid lacks kitchen etiquette.
And if you do ask your father to do his dishes after eating, then good for you.
Hopefully, your daughter will ask you to cook and wash their laundry for them, while they slay around. angry
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 17, 2019
willy2000:

Did you read the op's post at all, or you could not comprehend the post?

I did , I don't understand his refusal to further his own child's education, punish the child like I said if it belittles you which it does to we Africans it's an insult out rightly but you yourself would agree that education aspect is rather wrong
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 17, 2019
obinnawhyte:

Your problem is preconceived idea of something you rarely understand. Feminism I suppose is about Gender equality while the post is about Respect ( especially parental respect) and our values as Nigerians.

true my attention is the fact he decides to deny his child of education come on there was a time where slaps, curses and whips did more to resetting our lost values than such I just think he went too far
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:32pm On Jun 17, 2019
Did I in anyway support what the girl did? I can see you want to drag me by force into a banter of words with you, otherwise you would not mention my father. You are very stupid to force words on me, where did I support what she did? Bastard!
willy2000:

The bone of contention here is kitchen etiquette, asking an elderly person to do dishes shows such a kid lacks kitchen etiquette.
And if you do ask your father to do his dishes after eating, then good for you.
Hopefully, your daughter will ask you to cook and wash their laundry for them, while they slay around. angry

1 Like

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 17, 2019
obinnawhyte:

when you have learnt about the same cultural and traditional values we Africans place our heritage especially that which cautions the words that fly out of your misguided brain and ignorant mouth then I can answer you.

1 Like

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 17, 2019
Inception:

Please read the OP's post again. But this time read it CAREFULLY to be sure you understand the bone of contention here.

This also applies to the person that liked your post.

I do understand, I only used this to share a personal experience while wondering why the father wouldn't use our usual African style of correcting such behavior , in the long run he is not just Harming the girl but himself if you think about it so why not stop her allowance for a time period if he wants to behave modern or something, the father is punishing the child wrongly if you can get my point every other thing I said was just my personal opinion about me growing up .

1 Like

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by starboyda1(m): 5:42pm On Jun 17, 2019
AntiBrutus:
Poor girl,

She read and took the feminism handbook too serious.

True! True!!
She didn't realize it was just...... a handbook! grin

1 Like

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by forlexxy(m): 5:50pm On Jun 17, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by forlexxy(m): 5:51pm On Jun 17, 2019
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Tocynone(m): 6:07pm On Jun 17, 2019
But she can wash his idiot boyfriend boxers

2 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by willy2000(m): 6:08pm On Jun 17, 2019
Piercy:

I did , I don't understand his refusal to further his own child's education, punish the child like I said if it belittles you which it does to we Africans it's an insult out rightly but you yourself would agree that education aspect is rather wrong

Yes I know, his action was extremely harsh, that is why I said earlier, we know too little about the whole situation. I doubt if this incident is the main reason for such a decision.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by wirinet(m): 6:11pm On Jun 17, 2019
Piercy:

The education aspects is not wrong, to me the father is doing the daughter a favour to ask her to fend for her self, since she feels she owes her father no gratitude for sponsoring her education from nursery to university level, most girls are not that lucky to have a caring father.
It's only in Nigeria that an adult student depends 100% on his or her parents until Bachelor's and even masters level. Most western children either fully or partially sponsor their university education. In the West once you are 18 your parents force you to start fending for yourself. I have seen a situation where a parent told his 20 year old son to go and rent his own accommodation, because he needs to rent out his room for extra income. He offered to rent it to him at a discount if he still chooses to continue living in his house.
Nigeria children are often to spoilt by their parents and so have an entitlement mentality.
If the man was not his father, will the lady not clean or work for the person paying her wages she will use to pay school fees, accommodation and feeding?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by willy2000(m): 6:13pm On Jun 17, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Did I in anyway support what the girl did? I can see you want to drag me by force into a banter of words with you, otherwise you would not mention my father. You are very stupid to force words on me, where did I support what she did? Bastard!
As usual, shallow minded.
You quoted me and disagreed with my opinion, I countered your Opinion and all you can end up typing is calling yourself names.

I pity your children.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Man Hospitalised After Beating From Wife / Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? / Baby Girl Born With Werewolf Syndrome In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.