Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,434 members, 7,826,680 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates (47886 Views)

My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? / “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by paraltero: 12:13am On Jun 17, 2019
The article even said she asked. Not commanded. Not shouted. Asked.

How fragile is your ego that being asked to wash your own dish would make you stop paying your child's fees? From food she probably cooked and served him.

Unless there is more to this story than we are being told, then I do not see any wrongdoing on her part.

3 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 12:16am On Jun 17, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
You don't understand feminism, I feel like ignoring your msg. Feminism is about giving men and women equal rights/opportunities. Or are you against women/men having equal opportunities? If so, what are your reasons? What do you mean by ''men and woman can never be the same''?

U are one of those people that just come and scr am equal opportunities... nobody is against equal opportunities, that’s what the original feminism stood for. when u mentioned me at first it was about a new wave of feminism I pointed out.. why all of a sudden generalize my statement like we never had an prior point??
.. as regards equal opportunities, every advantage on the female side is a win win for all of us.because women are our wives, our daughters, our sisters,cousins, even side chics. Even when the advantage isn’t equal for example..in the uk auto insurance and drivers license is cheaper for women.. u will never see men get angry at that cos it’s atill a win for us
Back to ur equal opportunities clichè...are there any laws saying the girl child can’t go to schools or do any course....gone are the days when so much discrimination exist against women. Where women can’t vote or do certain jobs..
The new feminism isn’t just about equal opportunities it’s about wanting to force equal outcomes..
Now let me explain should Incase u don’t know what I mean...there aren’t to many women in mechanical engineering..it’s nobodies fault cos nobody stopped u guys from applying.:but women will still complain.. now, to creat some form of equality, laws make scholarships available for only women in that field..we no vex..now lets assume that move made a lot of women come to that field and u have almost equal numbe of graduates..equal opportunities has been given right??
But we can’t predict or force bottom line outcomes.. that initial move will not automatically translate to equal number of men and women in the automobile industry or oil rigs, or in under water engineering...why?
Men and will are never the same at molecular level....we have preferences, different drives, different appetites for danger and risk and risk and that’s why u don’t find more women and the top,it’s not discrimination... but the new wave of feminism won’t accept this, they want laws to force seats specifically Reserved for women at board members tables just to force equality....
And that outcomes forcing is what makes u hear stupids stuffs like... men cheat.. I can cheat too..then they bring bastards home.

7 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:19am On Jun 17, 2019
paraltero:

And I ask, what is wrong with it? What is there in washing plate that the man is too big to do? Plates that he'd still wash if he was living alone. But "oh, I have a daughter. I'm suddenly too big to do dishes"
It’s an insult for a child to ask his father to wash plate like seriously �
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by LilMissFavvy(f): 12:29am On Jun 17, 2019
Who told you nobody is against equal opportunity? Have we ever had any government that supports equal opportunities for women taking leadership positions in Nigeria? Your president gives Nigerian women 20percent of leadership positions. They said it's 30percent but it's of cuz mere talks. That is enough evidence that men don't even want women to have equal rights and opportunities. Concerning the new wave of feminism, I had told you that I am not aware of any new feminism, that if there is a new feminism, then maybe something must have triggered it.
1StopRudeness:

U are one of those people that just come and scr am equal opportunities... nobody is against equal opportunities, that’s what the original feminism stood for. when u mentioned me at first it was about a new wave of feminism I pointed out.. why all of a sudden generalize my statement like we never had an prior point??
.. as regards equal opportunities, every advantage on the female side is a win win for all of us.because women are our wives, our daughters, our sisters,cousins, even side chics. Even when the advantage isn’t equal for example..in the uk auto insurance and drivers license is cheaper for women.. u will never see men get angry at that cos it’s atill a win for us
Back to ur equal opportunities clichè...are there any laws saying the girl child can’t go to schools or do any course....gone are the days when so much discrimination exist against women. Where women can’t vote or do certain jobs..
The new feminism isn’t just about equal opportunities it’s about wanting to force equal outcomes..
Now let me explain should Incase u don’t know what I mean...there aren’t to many women in mechanical engineering..it’s nobodies fault cos nobody stopped u guys from applying.:but women will still complain.. now, to creat some form of equality, laws make scholarships available for only women in that field..we no vex..now lets assume that move made a lot of women come to that field and u have almost equal numbe of graduates..equal opportunities has been given right??
But we can’t predict or force bottom line outcomes.. that initial move will not automatically translate to equal number of men and women in the automobile industry or oil rigs, or in under water engineering...why?
Men and will are never the same at molecular level....we have preferences, different drives, different appetites for danger and risk and risk and that’s why u don’t find more women and the top,it’s not discrimination... but the new wave of feminism won’t accept this, they want laws to force seats specifically Reserved for women at board members tables just to force equality....
And that outcomes forcing is what makes u hear stupids stuffs like... men cheat.. I can cheat too..then they bring bastards home.

1 Like

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 12:34am On Jun 17, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Who told you nobody is against equal opportunity? Have we ever had any government that supports equal opportunities for women taking leadership positions in Nigeria? Your president gives Nigerian women 20percent of leadership positions. They said it's 30percent but it's of cuz mere talks. That is enough evidence that men don't even want women to have equal rights and opportunities. Concerning the new wave of feminism, I had told you that I am not aware of any new feminism, that if there is a new feminism, then maybe something must have triggered it.

U see ...that’s the problem..u want things handed over to u... u want a particular percentage of position reserved for you becos u can’t compete against ur men folk..and yet u are screaming equality... did anybody stop u from contesting for public offices....
U ladies make it seem like the men that get these positione get it cos they are men....No!!!!!!!!!!
They get cos they fight for it... not by asking for percentage.... and that’s why ur kind will always scream discrimination that doesn’t really exist

7 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by LilMissFavvy(f): 12:41am On Jun 17, 2019
Such twisted tales. I have just given clear reasons to show that there is absolutely no equality of gender, that's what's gave rise to feminism in Nigeria. Isn't it pathetic that women are fighting some unfavorable traditions, cultures, etc, yet even at the top they are squeezed to a share of just 20percent leadership position. Women know the truth, you are a man, you are just pretending.
1StopRudeness:

U see ...that’s the problem..u want things handed over to u... u want a particular percentage of position reserved for you becos u can’t compete against ur men folk..and yet u are screaming equality... did anybody stop u from contesting for public offices....
U ladies make it seem like the men that get thes position get it cos they are men....No!!!!!!!!!!
They get cos they fight for it... not by asking for percentage.... and that’s why ur kind will always scram discrimination that doesn’t really exist

1 Like

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by DedeNkem: 12:41am On Jun 17, 2019
What would make a child not to wash his/her father's plate after he finished eating? He's your father and he's also the one who pays your school fees!

She deserves her father's reaction! She should pay her fees, as she believes she's too big to do that for her father!

I live in Europe and I've seen them there do more for their fathers! Kids of nowadays!

1 Like

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 12:49am On Jun 17, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Such twisted tales. I have just given clear reasons to show that there is absolutely no equality of gender, that's what's gave rise to feminism in Nigeria. Isn't it pathetic that women are fighting some unfavorable traditions, cultures, etc, yet even at the top they are squeezed to a share of just 20percent leadership position. Women know the truth, you are a man, you are just pretending.

MAdam, what reasons did u give... I just asked u a question.. did anybody stop u women from contesting from public office??
U are now saying it’s discrimininatiin that the President has to forcefully keep 20% of the offices strictly for women.... I don’t get... how is that equality?? Don’t U have brain and strength like the other men that are contesting for these seats...
So uwant 50% of the offices exclusively for women.....that’s forcing outcomes madam that’s no longer creating equal opportunities......
Equal opportunities is a level battle field for all to contest...Shebi all men and women are the same??
Why are u crying for percentage... why don’t u just contest for it like every other human being??

4 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by crixlight2(m): 12:52am On Jun 17, 2019
ibkayee:
My dad doesn't have a problem washing dishes and he does it anyway, but I would never actually ask him to but is it really that deep to be stopping her school fees?

Use style to ask your dad to do it and find out the answer yourself

4 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by LilMissFavvy(f): 12:55am On Jun 17, 2019
It is the president that squeezes 20percent for women. Women in Nigeria keep asking for more percentage, yet they are refused such equal leadership opportunities. Yet, here you are saying that 20percent is kept for them, you are a funny dude. Continue to twist words to sooth your appetite.
1StopRudeness:

MAdam, what reasons did u give... I just asked u a question.. did anybody stop u women from contesting from public office??
U are now saying it’s discrimininatiin that the President has to forcefully keep 20% of the offices strictly for women.... I don’t get... how is that equality?? Don’t U have brain and strength like the other men that are contesting for these seats...
So uwant 50% of the offices exclusively for women.....that’s forcing outcomes madam that’s no longer creating equal opportunities......
Equal opportunities is a level battle field for all to contest...Shebi all men and women are the same??
Why are u crying for percentage... why don’t u just contest for it like every other human being??

1 Like

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 1:02am On Jun 17, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Is the president forcefully keeping 20percent for women? grin grin........., Women in Nigeria keep asking for more percentage, and you are saying that 20percent is kept for them, you are a funny dude. Continue to twist words to sooth your appetite.

Madam it’s clear we are not operating at the same frequency..... the question is why are u asking for percentage...don’t u have brain, ddnt u go to school like all the other men in the positions u are asking for..... oh! The men in the positions u are asking for got there because they are men, and not becos they are human beings lik u.....madam, dialogue with u is one kind... the usual entitlement mentality is smeared all over ur posts yet u are claiming gender equality......ur own idea of equality is to share equal opportunity and equal outcomes.:.. small time u will say u it’s by force to have female Vice President...:

2 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by LilMissFavvy(f): 1:13am On Jun 17, 2019
You don't know how the men got there? They all got there becos first of all they are given a greater leadership percentage, then they work to fit into that percentage.
According to you, we don't have enough women who would fit in well if they were given equal leadership opportunities, continue to deceive yourself. If only your president makes it equal, you would know better.
1StopRudeness:

Madam it’s clear we are not operating at the same frequency..... the question is why are u asking for percentage...don’t u have brain, ddnt u go to school like all the other men in the positions u are asking for..... oh! The men in the positions u are asking for got there because they are men, and not becos they are human beings lik u.....madam, dialogue with u is one kind... the usual entitlement mentality is smeared all over ur posts yet u are claiming gender equality......ur own idea of equality is to share equal opportunity and equal outcomes.:.. small time u will say u it’s by force to have female Vice President...:

1 Like

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 1:40am On Jun 17, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
You don't know how the men got there? They all got there becos first of all they are given a greater leadership percentage, then they work to fit into that percentage.
According to you, we don't have enough women who would fit in well if they were given equal leadership opportunities, continue to deceive yourself. If only your president makes it equal, you would know better.

Like I said we are not operating on the same lane tonight.....I'm saying something else.....u are processing it as something else....I didn't even say anything close to u what u just assume...
so keep looking for who will share the positions of the nation equally btw men and women....since all the men there ddnt fight for their position...they just got it because they all have a pen!s

1 Like

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by SaintNemesis(f): 1:41am On Jun 17, 2019
There is nothing feminist about her behavior. She simply has no love or respect for her Dad. God forbid I tell my late mum or my Dad to wash his plates.
I feel honored doing these little things for my parents.

2 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Pharoh: 2:21am On Jun 17, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Like I said we are not operating on the same lane tonight.....I'm saying something else.....u are processing it as something else....I didn't even say anything close to u what u just assume...
so keep looking for who will share the positions of the nation equally btw men and women....since all the men there ddnt fight for their position...they just got it because they all have a pen!s

I think she is talking about ministerial positions, commissioners, heads of MDA and ambassadors or national assembly positions and not the usual elective positions. I don't think she is referring to elective positions because they do not have a point for that as there is no law discriminating against that. I prefer people are appointed by merit but you know united nations is pushing this 30 percent of a thing in government and its already creeping into the private sector as well.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by EmeahuClifford: 2:47am On Jun 17, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
Silly girl.You wan bite the hand wey dey feed you angry
You go tell your daddy make him wash him plate and the man is still responsible for you and paying your school fees. You nor try at all the least you can do for someone taking care of you is to do things that would make such person happy not challenge them.

What does he mean by this? If the woman is also working nkor her husband should not assist her in the home front. While so self centered you want a wife who would be an asset and help you provide yet you cannot help her domestically

Men should not do dishes once your children is up to the age of 10 years and above. Your children should do the dishes. For that stupid girl to ask her father to wash plate, she deserve what she get.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by dia4iam(m): 2:54am On Jun 17, 2019
The girl was just being disrespectful to have opened up her putrifying bacteria ridden oral cavity to utter that abomination. I spit on her mother's grave too... Me thinks mother and daughter are serious cases of moral decadence and are thus in need of divine intervention of some sort. The man should not allow this incidence to stop him from performing his fatherly responsibility though; a bad dog has its own day. The child might be acting based on mama's instruction.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by ibkayee(f): 4:15am On Jun 17, 2019
iPopAlomo:

Yes...

Would you tell your dad that pays your fees, that came visiting to do his dishes after him.
I would never ask my dad to do dishes and if I ever see him doing them I will immediately take over but I still think it’s an extreme retaliation, especially from a dad.

Guy, longest time, hope you’re well x

2 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by ibkayee(f): 4:16am On Jun 17, 2019
dingbang:
just look at question ..maybe it's when your son calls you a beech you will know whether it is really deep to remove him from his school..
Assuming she wasn’t joking, what she did is disrespectful in my opinion but this is a bit of a false equivalence na

2 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by ibkayee(f): 4:21am On Jun 17, 2019
crixlight2:

Use style to ask your dad to do it and find out the answer yourself
Yes it was disrespectful but my dad wouldn’t make such a rash decision over it

1 Like

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by oshaosha2014(m): 4:34am On Jun 17, 2019
I don’t think they teach common sense in this their feminist world.

AntiBrutus:
Poor girl,

She read and took the feminism handbook too serious.

1 Like

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by iPopAlomo(m): 4:44am On Jun 17, 2019
ibkayee:
I would never ask my dad to do dishes and if I ever see him doing them I will immediately take over but I still think it’s an extreme retaliation, especially from a dad.

Guy, longest time, hope you’re well x

I'm good... Too many bad news on nairaland... That page also went south... Moved country...
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by amosadamu: 4:51am On Jun 17, 2019
Will gladly tell the mother supporting the daughter that I am ready to switch roles.
She pays her fees herself, give me pocket money or upkeep as it were and I'll gladly wash plates... then we'll see which is easier...
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by HabaHaba: 4:52am On Jun 17, 2019
Ultimatesammie:

And what if the woman works also and she also brings income, how exactly is washing plate a difficult thing to do people should start looking at characteristics of great leaders and see how they do things.
This why most people would be average.

Shut up there!

Please go ahead and tell your dad to wash his plate after eating before you can come here and be spewing what u r writing supporting people who disregard parents especially men or husbands.

You definitely don't know what order is in nature and as Christians.

Quote me, im ready.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by obinnawhyte(m): 5:02am On Jun 17, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
You go tell your daddy make him wash him plate and the man is still responsible for you and paying your school fees. You nor try at all the least you can do for someone taking care of you is to do things that would make such person happy not challenge them.

What does he mean by this? If the woman is also working nkor her husband should not assist her in the home front. While so self centered you want a wife who would be an asset and help you provide yet you cannot help her domestically
Are you sure you read what he wrote or still understood it?. I ask because you're rather talking out of emotion totally different from where the man is coming because he made mention of doing dishes when there's need for that.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by cooldipo(m): 5:12am On Jun 17, 2019
That man is so originally African..... Big ego to fuel a jet cheesy grin

Na we get am
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by willy2000(m): 5:20am On Jun 17, 2019
Daeylar:
Poor girl has really suffered. Small washing plate will make him to stop paying school fees? Such a little thing and he is taking such drastic actions. Was it really that deep? probably thinks she won't survive without him so feels he can do anyhow he pleases to her over little issues. That's why such a little thing warrants him to stop paying her school fees.
I'm glad she has her mum supporting her. I hope she does away with such a Draconian "father" the way he has done away with her and finds her way without him.. Topics like this come up yet people keep wondering nonstop why it seems mothers are celebrated more than fathers.

Ps
Can't believe people are supporting and making excuses for his actions , using feminism and "teaching her good manners" as an excuse and as their scapegoat.

Edit.
To everyone quoting me crying about this comment.
Tbh I think you guys are right. What he did is even small. He should even have disowned her to teach her a lesson.
After all. There is no such thing as a too harsh punishment.

Smh undecided

Are you trying to be sarcastic or what? So you mean you will ask your father to do his dishes after he is done eating.
Oma se oh! all these indomie children sef, neva cease to amaze me.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by tunjilana: 5:43am On Jun 17, 2019
Pharoh:

I think she is talking about ministerial positions, commissioners, heads of MDA and ambassadors or national assembly positions and not the usual elective positions. I don't think she is referring to elective positions because they do not have a point for that as there is no law discriminating against that. I prefer people are appointed by merit but you know united nations is pushing this 30 percent of a thing in government and its already creeping into the private sector as well.
If shw starts by rwgistering with the party at ward level, and encouraging all the women to join and be politically active...attend meetings, campaign , seek elective posts and co...when it is time to share the goodies definitely there will be a large pool of active women who have contributed massively to the party's growth to pick from....But a situation where we have mostly men a t this level but women expect to just be given slots when elections are won...points to the same thing he has bn talking about...which is "wanting equal outcomes regardless of effort"...As long as the law has not stopped the woman from following political process...then let all women start and join sameway the men do to...the percentages u see is a reflection of the percentage of contribution to the political process....

4 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by zada(m): 5:58am On Jun 17, 2019
SageMK:
Trivia things like domestic duty stand as the epitome of respect to the African man. Take that away and you hurt his ego. I thought worst case scenario was to stone her with slippers but this, not paying her school fees is new.
we should cut out all this bullshit modifications and assimilation of the western culture. May be she doesn’t know the dad pays her school fees, but needed to be reminded. Infact, the dad was kind. I would have brought her back to Nigeria on holidays and that’s where she starts going to a public university in Nigeria; that is if she is still interested in education. Which one is African mans ego. It is our culture to respect parents in this regards. For me I don’t call this civilization.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by zada(m): 6:09am On Jun 17, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

of all the message in the DR’s opinion u became blind to the sentence ‘when the need arises for such assistance’ and for ur information ‘it was his daughter not wife’ U must have read this post without light. The father was kind to have stopped paying her school fees, if na me na long holidays go seal the deal back to naija for good. When she is old enough to understand I am her father, only then can we talk about school abroad. I hope u realize this same father took care of her over the years and still caring for her. This is the height of bullshit.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by zada(m): 6:18am On Jun 17, 2019
willy2000:

Are you trying to be sarcastic or what? So you mean you will ask your father to do his dishes after he is done eating.
Oma se oh! all these indomie children sef, neva cease to amaze me.
this is the point where stupidity should not be tolerated. It is the fathers right not even a privilege for her to wash his plate over and over again in this life, except otherwise. I wonder what the word means take care of your parents when they are getting older’ and for the mother, she will reap what she is sowing most definitely. If she was capable to pay the daughters school fees then why lament. That’s to tell u the daughters fees is a huge task for her as a mother an indication that even she as a mother should have corrected the daughter immediately.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by desro(m): 6:47am On Jun 17, 2019
truthsayer009:
No problem. She can always come back to Ago Iwoye University. OSU. cheesy

She will love it back home.

Even then the man no go still pay the fees. She needs to apologize

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

9 Lies You Need To Stop Believing / Man Hospitalised After Beating From Wife / I Am Not Satisfied With Food, Money Without Sex – Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.