Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,350 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates (47779 Views)

My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? / “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by chima4UK(m): 9:55am On Jun 17, 2019
uvie66:
The plate she refuses to wash for her father will now be done in a commercial kitchen, this will enable her to pay her school fees.

Lol. Full-time plate-washing hustling role. Her body go definitely tell am the difference.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 17, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
Silly girl.You wan bite the hand wey dey feed you angry
You go tell your daddy make him wash him plate and the man is still responsible for you and paying your school fees. You nor try at all the least you can do for someone taking care of you is to do things that would make such person happy not challenge them.

What does he mean by this? If the woman is also working nkor her husband should not assist her in the home front. While so self centered you want a wife who would be an asset and help you provide yet you cannot help her domestically
Read everything B4 making ur comment jor
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 17, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
This has nothing to do with feminism. This is purely a bad attitude displayed by a spoilt child. She must have got spoilt after relocating to live abroad. Feminism does not encourage females to be disobedient to their parents.
The only thing that will make a girl do this is feminism, am very sure of that, she took the feminist stuff too serious, now see were it has landed her.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Efegoma(m): 10:18am On Jun 17, 2019
As the father is doing her job by washing plate let the girl also do the father's job by paying her own school fees. Shikina !
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by babyfaceafrica: 10:23am On Jun 17, 2019
paraltero:
The funny thing is this article never explicitly said she was rude or said it in a manner that lacked respect. The article only implied from what was said that it must have been rude.

What if she's busy and couldn't do his dishes and asked him to do it himself so dirty dishes wouldn't stay stinking up the kitchen.

Besides, prior to this, she must have been doing his dishes so for her to ask him to do it himself, there has to be a context we aren't getting.

But of course, in their haste to justify their regular bashing of feminism, Nigerian men are already here, because food done done for them.

even if I am.busy reading for my PhD defense that will come tommorow..I was I will never ask my dad to wash the dishes....stop making excuses for a spoilt gal

5 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by babyfaceafrica: 10:29am On Jun 17, 2019
Goalnaldo:
Refusing to pay her school fees might not be the best decision after all the girl might take care of him in his old age. He should have just stoned her his slippers.
and get arrested in UK abi?
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by space9880: 10:30am On Jun 17, 2019
Duggedised12:
thats to tell you the level of intelligence of the persons behind these accounts. When i want read some intelligent answers I go to foreign forums. Staying on this forum for long can corrupt your thought process ,so I go to foreign forums to clean my thought process I subconsciously picked up from the dirty comments I read here.
which foreign forum do you go to?
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 17, 2019
space9880:
which foreign forum do you go to?

Leave am na, na Reddit the mumu dey talk about. Reddit that is full of Peverts & all round Idiots

3 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Goalnaldo(m): 10:46am On Jun 17, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
and get arrested in UK abi?
which uk? You didn't read she visited her father in Nigeria.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by paraltero: 10:55am On Jun 17, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
even if I am.busy reading for my PhD defense that will come tommorow..I was I will never ask my dad to wash the dishes....stop making excuses for a spoilt gal

That shows the kind of relationship you have with your father. It's fine for you but you shouldn't expect everyone else to share the same.

I mean, all these years, she clearly hasn't done anything that would warrant him stopping her fees but she asks him to wash his dishes ONE TIME and suddenly, she's a spoilt girl.

And I certainly hope you're not the type of parent that would stop paying your kids fees because they ask you to do the dishes i.e, the kind of parent that's willing to ruin their child's life just to massage their bruised ego.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 17, 2019
paraltero:

If you think calling people names on the internet hurts, you have a lot of maturing to do.

I just told you my mind ,if you don’t like it that’s your business.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by willy2000(m): 11:14am On Jun 17, 2019
paraltero:

That shows the kind of relationship you have with your father. It's fine for you but you shouldn't expect everyone else to share the same.

I mean, all these years, she clearly hasn't done anything that would warrant him stopping her fees but she asks him to wash his dishes ONE TIME and suddenly, she's a spoilt girl.

And I certainly hope you're not the type of parent that would stop paying your kids fees because they ask you to do the dishes i.e, the kind of parent that's willing to ruin their child's life just to massage their bruised ego.

If you see nothing wrong in what she did, then am I am really sorry for the kind of parent you are/will be.
Do you even know what RESPECT is, it is either you are not Nigerian, or you have no Nigerian root.
And the post did not say or reveal much on why the father took such a decision. There is more to it, maybe the washing of dishes was the last straw that broke the camels back. What do I know?
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by CioAngels(f): 11:57am On Jun 17, 2019
Very rude from of the child. A times mothers are reasons of children misbehaviours against their father. Father, please she has learnt the hard way, forgive her because she has to continue her studies. What will you say to this, i had of one who told the father to mope because he does it better.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by 12inchDickson: 12:12pm On Jun 17, 2019
paraltero:
The article even said she asked. Not commanded. Not shouted. Asked.

How fragile is your ego that being asked to wash your own dish would make you stop paying your child's fees? From food she probably cooked and served him.

Unless there is more to this story than we are being told, then I do not see any wrongdoing on her part.
so you can request your dad to wash his plate am sure you are a Bastard

1 Like

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Inception(m): 12:15pm On Jun 17, 2019
paraltero:

I am really wowed by your sense of entitlement.
I suspect you are either
1. A teenager who is looking for how to get back at her parents and see this post as a venting ground or
2. An adult who came from a failed home, with no hope of redemption.

I ask you again , if your daughter or son does exactly what this girl did to her father, and you have made such investments in her, would you oblige and go and wash the plate?

Please answer sincerely and don't dodge the question again.

Secondly (again) can you 'ask' your father (or mother ) to wash her plates after a meal?

N.b, if your answer is yes, then you are probably raised as a bastard and have no business raising children.

4 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by monex(m): 12:18pm On Jun 17, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
Silly girl.You wan bite the hand wey dey feed you angry
You go tell your daddy make him wash him plate and the man is still responsible for you and paying your school fees. You nor try at all the least you can do for someone taking care of you is to do things that would make such person happy not challenge them.

What does he mean by this? If the woman is also working nkor her husband should not assist her in the home front. While so self centered you want a wife who would be an asset and help you provide yet you cannot help her domestically

the thing is most men like this do not even expect their wives to be an asset or provide
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by LilMissFavvy(f): 12:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
Her father is correct, she deserves it. Infact she has ruined the father/daughter relationship.
charliboy654:

The only thing that will make a girl do this is feminism, am very sure of that, she took the feminist stuff too serious, now see were it has landed her.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 17, 2019
Rich girl..
HAPPY FATHERS DAY
In arrears...
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Ultimatesammie(m): 12:23pm On Jun 17, 2019
Chidonc:

I cant be training you as a child and you ask me to do my dishes myself, not in this life or the one after it period, I love cooking and cleaning but it doesn't translate to my child making a fool of me.
The post wasn't in relation to the girl obviously her actions were not wise but really doing dishes is now the greatest problem in the world smh.

1 Like

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by AmazonTopaz(f): 12:24pm On Jun 17, 2019
monex:

the thing is most men like this do not even expect their wives to be an asset or provide
Perhaps
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by LilMissFavvy(f): 12:26pm On Jun 17, 2019
I believe in the real definition of feminism. I don't know about any class of feminism you are referring to. The woman must take care of chores, her hubby should also help out when he is chanced to do so. If the woman is a career woman with a stiff schedule and the man does not wanna help out, then it is not a crime to get a domestic help. I know there are men who feel a woman should sweat it out all alone with chores, cooking, and work, some men may not accept she gets help, that's where problems will always arise.
alizma:

Which feminism class do you belong to because to the best of my knowledge, most girls(naija girl) who claim to be feminist believe that men should be doing those things they, before now considered as women's word at home. Works like helping the man to wash his cloths, removing and washing plates used to eat by the man, cooking etc.
Unfortunately they are yet to tell us when they will start given us transport fare when we go on a date, take full responsibility of providing for the family, asking our parents for our hands in marriage, etc

1 Like

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by monex(m): 12:27pm On Jun 17, 2019
Exodora:
I just wonder the type of boys that are in this forum sef, so they can't differentiate a spoilt brat from a feminist tufiakwa . You see a girl that has abducted the western life and yet all ya can rant is feminist is it that you all lack brain or what kwanu biko nunu Niaraland people. May we all receive sense in Jesus name .Amen.

I am playing the ostrich here:

Scenario one: an adult female telling an older and physically capable adult male (who is her father and financial provider) to do his dishes

Scenario two: an adult female telling an older and physically capable adult male (who is her husband and financial provider) to do his dishes

what makes the female in scenario one spoilt but not the female in scenario two?
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Ultimatesammie(m): 12:27pm On Jun 17, 2019
HabaHaba:

Shut up there!

Please go ahead and tell your dad to wash his plate after eating before you can come here and be spewing what u r writing supporting people who disregard parents especially men or husbands.

You definitely don't know what order is in nature and as Christians.

Quote me, im ready.
Lol as a Christian that's why you're telling me to shut up, I should quote you meaning you're found a new ambition to argue with me kudos to you.
If you read it well you'll know the post was in relation to men that think that way not the foolish girl, I never understand how washing plate is a big problem, maybe you should read how some successful men and big billionaires do some grunt works and chores with their wives having harmony and great relationship with each other. Be claiming superiority.
If one has an average mindset you are average.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by LilMissFavvy(f): 12:32pm On Jun 17, 2019
The spoilt brat needs to be disciplined thoroughly, feminism does not encourage women to be disrespectful to their husbands, that is why some feminist are happily married. Because the mother is against the man stopping payment of fees does not mean the child copied bad attitude from her mother.You should know how some mothers are, she is more worried how the daughter will cope without money, and is less worried about the need to discipline their daughter.
inereunwa1:
oh is that so ? but it encourages them to be disrespectful to their husbands right?? she took the feminist handbook too serious just like the dude you quoted rightly said. the truth is that the girl learnt it from her mother. " The mother however has been at loggerhead with her husband over his decision" instead of her to discipline the spoilt brat, she too they side her!
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by LilMissFavvy(f): 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2019
Yes, dats how the men got it, simply cuz they got a pee pee down there.
1StopRudeness:

Like I said we are not operating on the same lane tonight.....I'm saying something else.....u are processing it as something else....I didn't even say anything close to u what u just assume...
so keep looking for who will share the positions of the nation equally btw men and women....since all the men there ddnt fight for their position...they just got it because they all have a pen!s
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by whizbee(m): 1:27pm On Jun 17, 2019
LordKO:
Her inculcators didn't tell her that equality and liberty don't mean absence of altruism and conscientiousness respectively. Poor kid.

I dunno what you mean yet but I like it
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by paraltero: 1:43pm On Jun 17, 2019
Inception:

I am really wowed by your sense of entitlement.
I suspect you are either
1. A teenager who is looking for how to get back at her parents and see this post as a venting ground or
2. An adult who came from a failed home, with no hope of redemption.

I ask you again , if your daughter or son does exactly what this girl did to her father, and you have made such investments in her, would you oblige and go and wash the plate?

Please answer sincerely and don't dodge the question again.

Secondly (again) can you 'ask' your father (or mother ) to wash her plates after a meal?

N.b, if your answer is yes, then you are probably raised as a bastard and have no business raising children.

If throwing insults is how you make your point, you can do better.

If my kid asks me to do the dishes and I'm disposed to, then why not? What is so wrong with washing dishes? If the child was not there, wouldn't I still do the dishes myself?

And yes, I can ask my parents to help me do the dishes because they're not insecure buttholes.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by paraltero: 1:44pm On Jun 17, 2019
jeytee:

I just told you my mind ,if you don’t like it that’s your business.

And I've heard or rather, read, what your mind contains. Moving right on.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by paraltero: 1:46pm On Jun 17, 2019
willy2000:

If you see nothing wrong in what she did, then am I am really sorry for the kind of parent you are/will be.
Do you even know what RESPECT is, it is either you are not Nigerian, or you have no Nigerian root.
And the post did not say or reveal much on why the father took such a decision. There is more to it, maybe the washing of dishes was the last straw that broke the camels back. What do I know?

How is asking someone to dishes a sign of disrespect?

@bolded, exactly! So how do you know the girl is at fault if you admit the story is not complete?
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by paraltero: 1:50pm On Jun 17, 2019
12inchDickson:
so you can request your dad to wash his plate am sure you are a Bastard

Bastard is the worst you can say?

I'm disappointed.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by paraltero: 2:06pm On Jun 17, 2019
You guys' responses are exactly why so many Nigerian kids are not as close to their parents as the should be. You guys are so consumed by your god complexes that you don't realize that your behaviour gradually alienates your kids and makes them even less likely to ask you for stuff.

Be truthful to yourselves: most of you would rather ask your friends and colleagues for stuff before you ask your parents. How is that a healthy parent-child relationship? You guys have no idea what the difference is between a healthy relationship between parent(s) and child and disrespect.

Later it's the same you guys that would be asking your kids "why didn't you ask me? Why did you ask other people and not me?"

Continue perpetuating the same unhealthy dynamic with your own kids o. I hope it pans out well for y'all.

2 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by willy2000(m): 2:17pm On Jun 17, 2019
paraltero:

How is asking someone to dishes a sign of disrespect?

@bolded, exactly! So how do you know the girl is at fault if you admit the story is not complete?

How do you ask someone older than you, to do his/her dishes? This is simple home training 101.

I want to believe that you are not Nigerian or not cultured as a Nigerian.
Below is a simple and basic character of a well-groomed Nigerian child.

When you wake up in the morning, you greet your parents/elders. I hope you do this/have done this grin.
After eating your meal, you have to appreciate your parent/elders. (it is their responsibility) But the lesson here is, APPRECIATION
Whenever you receive gifts, APPRECIATE! Say the magic words Thank you.
Make your bed, when you wake up.
Wash the dishes if there are any. Male children may be lacking here if they have elder sisters; there is an exception to this.

So if you really have the above traits. How and why should you ask your father to wash his dishes after eating? Let us not discuss who owns the house and pays the rent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Picture: Is This Love Or Madness? Men What Do You Call This! / Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? / Nigerian Identical Twin Grandmas Slay In Matching Outfits (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.